Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
Foundation Swatches

3.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was given this as a sample. The texture was nice and silky but It turned my face orange and make my dry spots very obvious. Won't be buying it.

on 11/29/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

OK, so I bought this by mistake with a store credit. Meant to pick up the "illusion" foundation but didn't even realize until I had used some of the product. Absolutely dreadful on dry skin ... BUT! I found that mixing a drop with my beloved Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer mattifies that product a bit and extends wear. Hourglass shade range is not good - the "light cool toned" Ivory is pretty dark. Mixed with 1.5 Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer "Birch" it is a match for me. I've taken to mixing foundations at different times of the year... or month.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Used this for months and it's one foundation that doesn't break me out!! If you have oily skin this is your foundation!! I wear porcelain and it's a touch too light but I tried shell and it oxidized where I looked orange. I just add a bronzer and it's perfect. It is super light weight on the skin and feels like your skin can still breathe!!! If you have flakey skin it will stick to it so make sure to exfoliate. That being said, due to being on Retin-A and having "new skin" patches in certain areas this foundation actually sticks to it!! Unlike Bare Minerals that would slide off those areas and I'd be so embarrassed when I looked in the mirror.

They changed the pump glass bottle to a squeeze bottle which I like so much better and it's much more travel friendly. You can get great medium to full coverage and it helps control oil. It has a little flashback in photos sometimes so I would not wear it for a special event. I live in a hot humid climate where you sweat just walking into a store sometimes and it stays!!

So now the cons... As great as it is, applying it is a challenge. I had no success with the beauty blender possibly because it's supposed to dry to a powder finish so you have to work quickly. The best thing I've found is circular brush motions quickly all over then stipple around nose and areas where you need more coverage. Also as beautiful as it is, don't touch or scratch your face or let you husband boop your nose because it will come right off probably because I'm so oily. No I don't use a primer and probably should, but with my cystic acne finally controlled I don't like to add too many layers of makeup.

I know there are a few cons, but hey it's a winner in my book with no breakouts, controls my out of control oily skin, and doesn't melt off!!

on 10/20/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I ignore this product except on some special occasions because it is relatively expensive. I didn't think it was all that, But now that i'm about to run out of it, I find myself wanting to buy another one.

This is very buildable that can go full coverage. A light application on me is straight medium coverage. It stays well on the skin and helps keep my oil at bay for at least 5-6 hours. After that, I'll need to blot. It gives a flawless application and my skin looks really nice. However, it is a pretty dry formula straight out of the bottle and the consistency is very thick. I have to apply with a damp beauty blender and work fast and spread quickly. Otherwise, i'll find patches of foundation on my face that was not blended properly. It can look very ugly. So I've tried mixing with agran oil but for some reason the consistency is not as thin as I would've wanted and seems to make the color darker. Mixing it with a lighter color foundation with a dewier finish and thin consistency seemed to work better.

I also have to give props to this foundation that despite my finicky sensitive skin that is both acne-prone and clog-prone, I experienced no break outs and no clogs. So those who may be suffering from acne and needs coverage, this could be worth the price tag.

One thing I really HATE about this though is, because the consistency is quite thick and dries quickly, I always find that along the mouth of the pump, the foundation dries there and clogs it up. So you have to use more force than normal when you pump, then a lot comes out. I guess they tried to fix that by changing the packaging into a squeeze tube instead. I haven't tried that new one yet. I don't know if the formula is the same either.

All in all, this is a nice foundation. It has good coverage with good oil control. There are some areas for improvement but it is worth a try.

on 11/22/2017 4:41:00 PM

Horrible. It found dry patches I didn’t know I had and gave me polka dot pores. The L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder (hard to find now) is so much better.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own dozens of foundations, because I like makeup. When I saw this one, I thought it would be just another foundation, but since I was interested due to the reviews, I got a sample in Natural. I am very impressed! My skin looked beautiful, Smooth, covers imperfections, does not look heavy or cakey. It stayed in place all day, and by 9 PM when I washed my face it looked as good as in the morning. I think this might replace Chanel as my HG foundation. It is "spendy", but for a foundation that took years off my face, so worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm happy I didn't actually buy this foundation instead got a sample from Sephora. I have oily skin with some pores and minor discolouration. I got the newly reformulated product in shade "Bare" (I'm a MAC NC25-NC30). I tried applying with a brush as they don't recommend beauty blender. Well it dries too fast even though I tried doing smalll sections. It left patches of bare skin specially on my nose which looks awful. it clings to the dry skin and my pores and leaves a patchy coverage. It dried into a thick powder and gave me a mask face :(
Then it turned orange after about 30 mins just to add to the insult. I had to wash it of my face before my colleagues start laughing at me !!!
Back to my EL double wear!

Update:
I still had some of my sample left so I gave it another try. This time I used a moist beauty blender instead of the brush and worked on small sections of my face at a time. The result was much much better. It does last for about 4-5 hours but by then starts wiping of the face. Also the shade that I got, "Bare", oxidizes to a darker shade so if you like this foundation you might wanna by a lighter shade as it tends to oxidize.

on 6/22/2017 11:32:00 PM

I got a sample of this at Sephora while searching for foundations for my engagement photos and wedding. I'm NC15 leaning neutral, and the shade they gave me was Vanilla. I'm writing this review after wearing the sample once, FYI.

My skin: Combo leaning oily. No real breakouts or clogs but a few large pores on my nose. I'm 29 with no real fine lines to speak of.

First things first: I've always had to be diligent about blotting every few hours on my t-zone. It's 113 degrees today, I've been inside and outside and cooking, and I haven't had a drop of oil break through anywhere after 7 hours. This is unheard of for me and if you're super oily, run and get this now!!! It doesn't look super powdery or cakey. My pores look the same or better than they do in most other products (ie, yeah you can tell I have pores but this isn't accentuating them). It looks nice and not heavy, but it does look like I'm wearing makeup.

The negatives: This stuff photographs HORRIBLY. Like I said, my main reason for test driving this is photos, and this stuff looks like chalk in photos. I tried in several lights and with/without flash. Also, the color range is sort of weird...the SA at Sephora had a hard time finding a color match for me, and while the Vanilla is "good enough" in all but the best lighting, it's definitely a bit too light and pink. (The too light also of course is super obvious in pics.)

TL;DR: If oil control is your main concern and you can get an ok color match, this is amazing. I'd consider this for everyday if I were extremely oily and/or didn't have time to blot. I wouldn't recommend for occasions where you'll be photographed though.

I thought for a long while before deciding to get this foundation due to the high price.
And when I finally got it, it disappoints me despite their primer is really good.
I have acne and oily skin and the weather here is hot and humid.
I tried using both techniques (by finger and brush) and it did not help. The foundation drys up too fast and it cannot be blended on my face easily. There will be patches on my face. It does not give a very good finish on the skin despite me having oily skin.
When I applied concealer on my blemishes and dark eye rings, the foundation seems to be sticking on my finger, making my skin with bare patches.
Throughout the whole day, the face will start to look cakey and patchy, especially the nose area.
Also, when in contact with water, the foundation will be washed off too.
In short, this is a disappointing purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is just terrible, definitely not worth the hype and money. I bought this because it says it is great for oily skin but that is a lie. I have oily skin, little acne prone and this foundation does not block oiliness not even a little. After two hours I shine bright like a diamond all over where foundation was applied and I do not mean this in a good way, ugly, nasty oily shine. I tried with a primer but even that is no good. It does not cover even a little spot nor any acne even after two or three coats. I do not recomment and will never ever repurchase this. Total waste of money, I was never ever in my life so disappointed with a foundation.