Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

3.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Ok, where do i start? i purchased this foundation in march, i had issues with it from the start the pump once pressed wouldn't come back up so i had to keep pulling it back up to get a second pump, i got no response from hourglass and eventually got a response from my local regional manager at liberties london, heidi was amazing, i exchanged it on june 30th and she showed me some amazing products by hourglass and i picked up some lighting powders, sadly the new one has the same issue and to top it off it literally exploded on me under pressure, the little hole where the foundation comes out, yep that black bit that sticks out literally burst out all over me! this foundation is £50 here in the uk and i would NEVER BUY IT AGAIN!!!!! i mean even rimmel can give me a working pump! this hasn't discouraged me from the brand and i can still use the product if i take the pump off but that isnt the point! the foundation is good for oily/combo skin, and dries down to a nice powder finish, you need to work quickly as it sets! you also need to use a synthetic brush! it isnt good with natural fibers!

on 5/23/2016 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I do love this foundation, but there are some problems with it. I had read lots of reviews that said it was great for oily skin, which I certainly have. I bought this in Natural, which suited my skin tone nicely - the tones are limited, though. I used a stippling brush to apply it, and it blended easily with great, pretty full coverage. I love the coverage it gave me, but to me it looked obviously powdery...I know it's liquid to powder, but to me it looked very powdery. However, I have NEVER gotten so many compliments on my skin - from old people, young people, people who love/know makeup, people who hate makeup. And I have pretty large pores, discoloration, and acne scars. Not even compliments saying that my skin looks "better" - just good on its own. So even though I didn't necessarily love the way it looked, many people thought it looked amazing. That's not to say I hated it...I just didn't think it looked so natural.

Now for the problems...First, this barely controlled my oil. It kept it at bay for more hours than most foundations, but at some point my face would get completely shiny, not just T-zone. Next, the packaging is terrible. Product would get all clumped up in the pump and I would have to fish it out and clean it almost daily so that chunks of dried product didn't end up on my brush. Also, the pump doesn't reach the bottom of the bottle, so there was unused product left when I was finished with it, which is upsetting considering the cost. Third, when my face did get oily, the foundation would kind of oxidize and give me an orange tone on my face. It was kinda subtle, but still orangey.

Overall, I really like this foundation and would buy it again, but I have a few others I'd like to try.

To Read all 229 Reviews, Login or Join

The first time I tried this foundation, I didn't like it. I applied it with my fingers and the finished was bad. It look like I've used crayon all over my face. I wanted to just throw it away but I couldn't bear to do so because of the price I paid to get this. I read the box, it said beat applied with brush. I never use a brush for a foundation. I've always either use a sponge or my clean fingers. So, I head out to buy a stippling brush. AND IT WORKED! Maybe it was the brush that work wonders or probably the brush work well with the foundation. But, it gave me beautiful finish and controlled my facial oil! So yeah, it's my current HG. My suggestion to everyone out there, please use a stippling brush for this foundation. Or at least a brush. This doesn't work well with sponges or your own fingers.

on 4/12/2016 2:07:00 PM

I have very oily skin, and there is no makeup that won't shine on me half an hour after application. This one is better,it almost doesn't shine, a bit here and there, but much better than any other makeup i tried. But, there are so many problems with it, that I'm not sure if i repurchase it again : the application is very tricky, it dries so fast, that you can hardly blend it.i failed to blend it over a moisturizer or primer,it looked like caky stripes. And the last thing, the applicator is reaaly bad, either you need to press hard to make it come out, or suddenly it bursts out like a geizer

on 3/24/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This one is my HG!!!
I'm wearing shade "Pearl" an it suits my skin tone soooo well
No need to put any powder after that bcs this foundie already get the powdery feels but not feel cakey or flaky
It's so good, with a medium to hard coverage but feel so lightweight on my skin
Btw, i have large pores and this one cover it and make my skin look so smooth
It stays like 10 hours, unless the weather is way too hot then i will get a little bit oily on my T-zone but overall nothing change drasticcaly

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is a pretty good foundation when it comes to how oily my skin is. it lasts & keeps it at bay. however, for someone with a lot of a acne & the dry patch here & there, it was very patchy & settled into fine lines, & i had to use a flat top brush & beauty blender to make it look decent. my only other complaint would be about the color match. the lightest shade was even too dark for me to the point where i didn't know if i should wear it. this would be a lovely foundation if it weren't for the awful application process it took to make it wearable as well as the color selection.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love the finish it's so natural & smooth, makes my skin look healthy. The color match is perfect as well. I wear the shade SHELL, it's a neutral light color. In MAC I'm a hair lighter than NC20 but not as light as NC15. It is rather expensive but I don't wear foundation everyday so this will last me prob a year which makes it worth the price to me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I understand that this is a matte foundation, but this made my skin look so dull and lifeless. I have normal skin that tends to run on the oilier side as the day goes on. After using this foundation and being so disappointed I realize I like more natural and dewy foundations and do not need or like a mattifying look. I returned mine to Sephora because the color match was off, it didn't wear well and the pump broke!

on 1/12/2016 7:34:00 PM

This foundation is AMAZING! Its a liquid to matte foundation just like the popular liquid lipsticks that are on the market right now. You don't even need a setting powder for this foundation. It's not heavy or drying either.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I tried this in light beige. I like the color of it, it is a matte foundation. My make up stayed through the long day of work. The only downfall of it is that some parts of my face are very dry and I saw some dry patches on those parts of my skin.