Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
Foundation Swatches

3.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I own dozens of foundations, because I like makeup. When I saw this one, I thought it would be just another foundation, but since I was interested due to the reviews, I got a sample in Natural. I am very impressed! My skin looked beautiful, Smooth, covers imperfections, does not look heavy or cakey. It stayed in place all day, and by 9 PM when I washed my face it looked as good as in the morning. I think this might replace Chanel as my HG foundation. It is "spendy", but for a foundation that took years off my face, so worth it.

on 6/22/2017 11:32:00 PM

I got a sample of this at Sephora while searching for foundations for my engagement photos and wedding. I'm NC15 leaning neutral, and the shade they gave me was Vanilla. I'm writing this review after wearing the sample once, FYI.

My skin: Combo leaning oily. No real breakouts or clogs but a few large pores on my nose. I'm 29 with no real fine lines to speak of.

First things first: I've always had to be diligent about blotting every few hours on my t-zone. It's 113 degrees today, I've been inside and outside and cooking, and I haven't had a drop of oil break through anywhere after 7 hours. This is unheard of for me and if you're super oily, run and get this now!!! It doesn't look super powdery or cakey. My pores look the same or better than they do in most other products (ie, yeah you can tell I have pores but this isn't accentuating them). It looks nice and not heavy, but it does look like I'm wearing makeup.

The negatives: This stuff photographs HORRIBLY. Like I said, my main reason for test driving this is photos, and this stuff looks like chalk in photos. I tried in several lights and with/without flash. Also, the color range is sort of weird...the SA at Sephora had a hard time finding a color match for me, and while the Vanilla is "good enough" in all but the best lighting, it's definitely a bit too light and pink. (The too light also of course is super obvious in pics.)

TL;DR: If oil control is your main concern and you can get an ok color match, this is amazing. I'd consider this for everyday if I were extremely oily and/or didn't have time to blot. I wouldn't recommend for occasions where you'll be photographed though.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm happy I didn't actually buy this foundation instead got a sample from Sephora. I have oily skin with some pores and minor discolouration. I got the newly reformulated product in shade "Bare" (I'm a MAC NC25-NC30). I tried applying with a brush as they don't recommend beauty blender. Well it dries too fast even though I tried doing smalll sections. It left patches of bare skin specially on my nose which looks awful. it clings to the dry skin and my pores and leaves a patchy coverage. It dried into a thick powder and gave me a mask face :(
Then it turned orange after about 30 mins just to add to the insult. I had to wash it of my face before my colleagues start laughing at me !!!
Back to my EL double wear!

Update:
I still had some of my sample left so I gave it another try. This time I used a moist beauty blender instead of the brush and worked on small sections of my face at a time. The result was much much better. It does last for about 4-5 hours but by then starts wiping of the face. Also the shade that I got, "Bare", oxidizes to a darker shade so if you like this foundation you might wanna by a lighter shade as it tends to oxidize.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is just terrible, definitely not worth the hype and money. I bought this because it says it is great for oily skin but that is a lie. I have oily skin, little acne prone and this foundation does not block oiliness not even a little. After two hours I shine bright like a diamond all over where foundation was applied and I do not mean this in a good way, ugly, nasty oily shine. I tried with a primer but even that is no good. It does not cover even a little spot nor any acne even after two or three coats. I do not recomment and will never ever repurchase this. Total waste of money, I was never ever in my life so disappointed with a foundation.

I thought for a long while before deciding to get this foundation due to the high price.
And when I finally got it, it disappoints me despite their primer is really good.
I have acne and oily skin and the weather here is hot and humid.
I tried using both techniques (by finger and brush) and it did not help. The foundation drys up too fast and it cannot be blended on my face easily. There will be patches on my face. It does not give a very good finish on the skin despite me having oily skin.
When I applied concealer on my blemishes and dark eye rings, the foundation seems to be sticking on my finger, making my skin with bare patches.
Throughout the whole day, the face will start to look cakey and patchy, especially the nose area.
Also, when in contact with water, the foundation will be washed off too.
In short, this is a disappointing purchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Donald Trump foundation. I think this foundation would be my holy grail if it didn't oxidize the way it did. I got 2 shades lighter than my skin tone and still look like an orange. It also took me a couple different brushes and sponges to find what actually works with this. The finish is beautiful though. It definitely lasted longer than other foundations. Maybe I'll try it in the summer.

on 1/4/2017 7:58:00 PM

Probably one of the worst foundations I've ever had the misfortune of buying. I had high hopes for this one ... but alas, it's not to be. I got the one of the lightest shades (Porcelain) and it oxidised LIKE CRAZY, literally seconds after application, turning me into a streaky orange-face disaster. Problem is, it sets to a powder finish almost immediately - which means you have to blend out like The Flash if you want to get decent coverage in time. Don't even think of applying liquid concealer on top of this. The pump can also start to clog, as the foundation starts to set inside the bottle over time. Because I almost considered selling one of my organs to afford this, I'm left disappointed (and broke).

on 1/2/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the worst foundation that i have ever tried.
shade' nude' looked right but it oxidized very fast into something weird.
it dries so fast you only get one shot so patches and streaks easily result.
extreme matte and powder finish.
coverage is medium+.
it would not build and blend upon itself on problem areas.. just made patches.
this foundation does not seem to like anything under it like lotion or illuminator.. or anything over it like concealer.
I used an IT cosmetics foundation brush to apply.
I removed the foundation and applied with fingers on bare skin... it was still awful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product, for me, was the definition of "okay".

The coverage was alright, the staying power was decent. But there was just something about it that didn't sit on my skin well. It always looked like a layer on top, it never blended in. I tried applying it with my fingers, with a brush and with a Beauty Blender, but always the same results. I have very oily skin but the powder-iness of this foundation was too much for it- after a couple hours it would end up looking quite flaky, especially around the cheeks and nostrils.

I hate hate hate the packaging. It looks OK, but for a foundation of this price point i expect a bit more. The pump clogged up within the first two weeks, even though I always keep the lid on. I can't clean out the pump to save my life so it always comes out in a messy spray of product, and I have to manually pull the pump back up each time because it gets stuck.

I'm keeping it because it would do in a pinch, but I would absolutely not repurchase.

on 10/14/2016 10:35:00 PM

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation – Shell:

I have been using MAC NC35, so that was my comparison.

PROS: The coverage was medium and looked natural. It kept oil at bay as well as MAC or a bit better. I didn’t separate or pool into patches. Overall, I thought it was fairly decent.

CONS: Very limited color selection. Shell was a bit too pinkish for me. Not sure I could create a match even if I mixed two colors. I liked this better than ELDW.

Overall, it was pretty good. It didn't provide the same velvety, natural, glowy coverage as MAC, so I wouldn't buy it again. but I think it's a good natural looking choice when compared to many other foundations that have a cakey look.