Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
Foundation Swatches

3.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Water, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Kaolin, Cetyl PEG/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Decyl Glucoside, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Leontopodium Alpinum Meristem Cell Culture, Xanthan Gum, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lavandula Stoechas Extract. May Contain ( +/- ): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The Donald Trump foundation. I think this foundation would be my holy grail if it didn't oxidize the way it did. I got 2 shades lighter than my skin tone and still look like an orange. It also took me a couple different brushes and sponges to find what actually works with this. The finish is beautiful though. It definitely lasted longer than other foundations. Maybe I'll try it in the summer.

on 1/4/2017 7:58:00 PM

Probably one of the worst foundations I've ever had the misfortune of buying. I had high hopes for this one ... but alas, it's not to be. I got the one of the lightest shades (Porcelain) and it oxidised LIKE CRAZY, literally seconds after application, turning me into a streaky orange-face disaster. Problem is, it sets to a powder finish almost immediately - which means you have to blend out like The Flash if you want to get decent coverage in time. Don't even think of applying liquid concealer on top of this. The pump can also start to clog, as the foundation starts to set inside the bottle over time. Because I almost considered selling one of my organs to afford this, I'm left disappointed (and broke).

on 1/2/2017 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the worst foundation that i have ever tried.
shade' nude' looked right but it oxidized very fast into something weird.
it dries so fast you only get one shot so patches and streaks easily result.
extreme matte and powder finish.
coverage is medium+.
it would not build and blend upon itself on problem areas.. just made patches.
this foundation does not seem to like anything under it like lotion or illuminator.. or anything over it like concealer.
I used an IT cosmetics foundation brush to apply.
I removed the foundation and applied with fingers on bare skin... it was still awful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product, for me, was the definition of "okay".

The coverage was alright, the staying power was decent. But there was just something about it that didn't sit on my skin well. It always looked like a layer on top, it never blended in. I tried applying it with my fingers, with a brush and with a Beauty Blender, but always the same results. I have very oily skin but the powder-iness of this foundation was too much for it- after a couple hours it would end up looking quite flaky, especially around the cheeks and nostrils.

I hate hate hate the packaging. It looks OK, but for a foundation of this price point i expect a bit more. The pump clogged up within the first two weeks, even though I always keep the lid on. I can't clean out the pump to save my life so it always comes out in a messy spray of product, and I have to manually pull the pump back up each time because it gets stuck.

I'm keeping it because it would do in a pinch, but I would absolutely not repurchase.

on 10/14/2016 10:35:00 PM

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation – Shell:

I have been using MAC NC35, so that was my comparison.

PROS: The coverage was medium and looked natural. It kept oil at bay as well as MAC or a bit better. I didn’t separate or pool into patches. Overall, I thought it was fairly decent.

CONS: Very limited color selection. Shell was a bit too pinkish for me. Not sure I could create a match even if I mixed two colors. I liked this better than ELDW.

Overall, it was pretty good. It didn't provide the same velvety, natural, glowy coverage as MAC, so I wouldn't buy it again. but I think it's a good natural looking choice when compared to many other foundations that have a cakey look.

on 10/1/2016 4:09:00 PM

I purchased this foundation after reading many reviews and prayed that it could be my HG foundation.

I have extremely sensitive skin and most (all?) foundations cause me to breakout in a rash, hives or acne (or all three at once).

This foundation caused me to breakout all over my face, while on Accutane (that’s an impressive feat), and I developed an itchy rash down my neck.

The application was smooth and the foundation is very matte, but it oxidized something terrible within a few hours.

Back to Sephora it goes.

on 10/1/2016 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I recently purchased this foundation after looking at all the wonderful reviews but had to return it. I found a color match (nude) that initially, I thought matched, but after an hour, oxidized and turned peachy. Very. Peachy.

The coverage was good, light/medium but the texture emphasized my pores and fine lines, the foundation almost makes my skin look as if it's peeling. This is after I put a lot of moisturizer and the much-loved Hourglass Primer on before the foundation but it still gets very dry.

After a few uses, I developed a bunch of tiny tiny bumps on my chin area, the foundation emphasizes them! I had to return the product.

I normally use Chanel Mat Lumiere, now discontinued in shade # 20 and Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. I guess the saying is true, if it's not broke, don't go trying to fix it....

This summer I embarked on the frustrating journey of trying to find the perfect foundation (thank you Sephora for indulging me in my sample habit), and I think it's safe to say that this is now my HG.

For years I've been using either Skin79 Orange BB Cream (love the formula but it's far too pale during the summer) or good ol' Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Makeup. I've tried a lot of higher end foundations along the way and aways end up back with these two. This summer, however, was atrociously hot in New York where I live - my Revlon foundation was melting off my face and powder would just make it look cakier, so off I went to find something better.

I should mention that I generally have combo/oily skin but I'm also three months into a regimen with Retin-A so my skin is both super oily and dry/flaky at the same time. Finding a foundation to work with that is a tall order.

Every other foundation I tried (MUFE, Armani, Smashbox, the list goes on), would either melt off my face or be far too drying. I tried different combinations of foundations and primers with no luck until I found Hourglass Immaculate. It's mattifying without being drying and doesn't give you that overly flat, matte look, nor does it highlight lines or dry patches. On my skin it gives a natural, satin finish that lasts all day. I think it even looks better as the day goes on - it allows just enough oil to break through to give you a natural glow. What's more, I never have to powder with this on, which is saying something. I even made it through a yoga class in a studio without air conditioning and it all stayed in place.

After experimenting with application I've found that it works best for me when I've exfoliated with a BHA liquid and moisturized. No primer is necessary. And although it says explicitly on the label not to use it with a sponge, I prefer to apply it with a beauty blender.

One last note - I've been dealing with some wretched hormonal acne this year, and in the weeks that I've started using this foundation, my skin has cleared up significantly. This foundation is oil free and I'm sure that's helping.

This is a long review but well worth it! This is like a cross between Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer and Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Foundation. I have very dry skin, often have dry patches, and I have very pale olive skin that is hard to match, sensitive and irritates easily and can break out with many producta- so needless to say it is hard to find foundations. This though works great! I use tge shade Shell (similar to Nars Gobi in color and Josie Maran Vibrancy G15 Cosmic). Instead of sucking the moisture out of my skin like most mattifying products, it actually held my natural moisture in while keeping my skin from looking/feeling a hot mess in this tropical rainforest like god awful humidity! It was a huge surprise that it did NOT cling to my dry patches, but instead smoothed them out! The coverage is in between the two - very close to completely full coverage but without being heavy- easy to make it totally full. The texture is much like JM- it feels very whipped, like a dense mousse. It dries very quickly like the description says- use your fingers or a large stippling or buffing brush. Normally I use my beauty blender for everything as i love how flawless and natural the finish is, but do not try it with this, and you don't need to use a BB with this anyway. The finish was very natural looking and feeling but I looked flawless! Even the hubs (a manly man mechanic) commented how flawless my skin looked! The only other products he has noticed and commented the positive difference on are Guerlain- so that should really tell you something about this product! This worked beautifully over all my primers, but i feel that any glow/light focused pre-foundation products get lost with this over it, because of it's very strong coverage. Even my HG ambient primer I felt got lost with this over it. So imo, save the glow products for post foundation application. Guerlain Meteorites pearls and pressed conpacts, and HG Ambient and Strobe powders are gorgeous over this. I can honestly say that in all my years of using and doing makeup I have never found such a perfect combo as I have between this product and using it with HG and/or Guerlain powders after. It is perfect for long days, hot/humid conditions, when you need to look your best. After 14 hours and real feels of 100F+, sweating, I still looked flawless! No creasing, caking, separating, oxidation, dryness, irritation, just pure flawlessness and glow thanks to this and my HG + Guerlain powders. The only thing is I feel you need to use a good light enhancing product after like either of those, because the coverage is so strong it almost looks unnatural. Used alone I don't like how it looks, it's too perfect looking if that makes sense lol. But with an Ambient or Guerlain powder over it- I Highly, highly recommend it!!!!

on 8/6/2016 8:02:00 AM

I have combination/oily skin and my skin tone is around NC30-35 and I used Nude in this foundation. The colour wasn't perfectly right as it's too pink, but I let it go because I heard great things about this and wanted to try it out. Overall the product is ok at best - if you can work quickly to blend it in on an 'prepped, dewy base' and you set it with powder (even though it doesn't appear to need powder) then you may be able to get away with it working for a few hours before it oxidizes/separates and turns orange. It's a very matte finish which makes you think that you can get away without setting it, but when I didn't set it, it would let oil through faster and I found patches of orange on my cheeks half way through the day. I also found that it has light coverage and when I went back in to layer more product in certain areas, it would not blend them out. Once it's set, it's set (within 15 seconds). These days in order to make it work, I'm mixing it with NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer so that it'll blend easier, have a yellower base, and look more natural.