3.5

Shop Now

Reviews

from

9 months ago

This foundation is so nice on so many levels. It has a nice finish, it lasts all day long and it just doesn’t move. The cons of it, as many have said, it finds all the teeny tiny dry patches and sticks to them in an obvious manner. As in, it turns two shades whiter and it doesn’t move. Also, the price is quite high. How to solve the dry patches? Mix the foundation with some serum when applying to the “problem” areas. This might include your nose. And work quickly else you get streaks and patches. Overall a good trade off I’d say, you have to learn how to use it, but then it just looks flawless for 16 hours, I didn’t find I need to put powder and I didn’t feel oils coming through, but then I’m combination, not oily. Also, I always use a full hydrating skincare routine when using this, but then I do that anyways. Definitely a great foundation.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

1.0

a year ago

I didn't like it! It looks very obvious on and does not give a natural skin feel so you end up looking caked. I applied it over the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer and followed the video instructions of Hourglass Cosmetics but it was a fail. Finds dry patches that weren't visible. Sits in pores making them extra noticeable, as someone said earlier like polkadots. Dries so quickly it's hard to work with and blend and can quickly become a patchy disaster where it's firmly in pores and wiped off in patches. Strange powdery finish that looks both dull and unnatural. Creases in expression lines. Transfers to clothes or easily wipes off. Too expensive. I feel the same about their Vanish stick.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Okay, this is a complete dud. Was hoping I'd found a solution for summer and the shine it brings with it... nope. I don't think I've ever tried a less flattering foundation. Sinks into every pore, even ones I didn't know existed. Coverage is not satisfactory and it transfers a lot. Very expensive ($56), would return it if I could. In addition, the shades are crazy pink toned. I ordered porcelain that is the most warm toned of the fair shades and even that came out a bit orange. Save your money. Need to edit this review - My first impression was based on applying this foundation with my fingers or a brush which was a bad idea. I decided to give it another try with a dry beauty blender - it made a huge difference. No skipping, no sinking in my pores... I used much more product but I actually really liked the results. It went on quite dry looking and only started to look better after an hour but then it was quite nice. Using a lot more also resulted in better coverage. I was surprised that as the day went on I needed to blot quite a bit on my T zone but the overall look was good. It does transfer and after about 7 hours was more or less gone from my nose and wherever I blotted, but it still didnt look awful... I would advise to use as little as possible around the sides on the nose, it isnt flattering there. So. I guess this one really depends on the person (not great for dry skin, not a miracle for oily skin, great for normal skin) as well as the application.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

2 years ago

This was almost my hg foundation! I didn’t need to blot for about four hours ( I’m super oily so it’s normally about two ) and it made my skin look almost poreless, covered all acne scaring, but did Not look like I had much makeup on. BUT it’s so transferable, it came off on everything and anything , including the blotting paper , every time my boyfriend comes near me It’s all over his clothes. Ive used many primers and setting sprays including hourglass but cannot get this to stay . A real shame as otherwise perfect:(

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

2 years ago

It is pricey and it does not own up to its claims. The makeup only lasts about 4-5 hours if that. It dries really quick and does not blend well not worth the cost

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

2 years ago

I was given this as a sample. The texture was nice and silky but It turned my face orange and make my dry spots very obvious. Won't be buying it.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

EyesGreen

3.0

2 years ago

OK, so I bought this by mistake with a store credit. Meant to pick up the "illusion" foundation but didn't even realize until I had used some of the product. Absolutely dreadful on dry skin ... BUT! I found that mixing a drop with my beloved Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer mattifies that product a bit and extends wear. Hourglass shade range is not good - the "light cool toned" Ivory is pretty dark. Mixed with 1.5 Bare Minerals tinted moisturizer "Birch" it is a match for me. I've taken to mixing foundations at different times of the year... or month.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0
from

2 years ago

Horrible. It found dry patches I didn’t know I had and gave me polka dot pores. The L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder (hard to find now) is so much better.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

3.0

2 years ago

I ignore this product except on some special occasions because it is relatively expensive. I didn't think it was all that, But now that i'm about to run out of it, I find myself wanting to buy another one. This is very buildable that can go full coverage. A light application on me is straight medium coverage. It stays well on the skin and helps keep my oil at bay for at least 5-6 hours. After that, I'll need to blot. It gives a flawless application and my skin looks really nice. However, it is a pretty dry formula straight out of the bottle and the consistency is very thick. I have to apply with a damp beauty blender and work fast and spread quickly. Otherwise, i'll find patches of foundation on my face that was not blended properly. It can look very ugly. So I've tried mixing with agran oil but for some reason the consistency is not as thin as I would've wanted and seems to make the color darker. Mixing it with a lighter color foundation with a dewier finish and thin consistency seemed to work better. I also have to give props to this foundation that despite my finicky sensitive skin that is both acne-prone and clog-prone, I experienced no break outs and no clogs. So those who may be suffering from acne and needs coverage, this could be worth the price tag. One thing I really HATE about this though is, because the consistency is quite thick and dries quickly, I always find that along the mouth of the pump, the foundation dries there and clogs it up. So you have to use more force than normal when you pump, then a lot comes out. I guess they tried to fix that by changing the packaging into a squeeze tube instead. I haven't tried that new one yet. I don't know if the formula is the same either. All in all, this is a nice foundation. It has good coverage with good oil control. There are some areas for improvement but it is worth a try.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Used this for months and it's one foundation that doesn't break me out!! If you have oily skin this is your foundation!! I wear porcelain and it's a touch too light but I tried shell and it oxidized where I looked orange. I just add a bronzer and it's perfect. It is super light weight on the skin and feels like your skin can still breathe!!! If you have flakey skin it will stick to it so make sure to exfoliate. That being said, due to being on Retin-A and having "new skin" patches in certain areas this foundation actually sticks to it!! Unlike Bare Minerals that would slide off those areas and I'd be so embarrassed when I looked in the mirror. They changed the pump glass bottle to a squeeze bottle which I like so much better and it's much more travel friendly. You can get great medium to full coverage and it helps control oil. It has a little flashback in photos sometimes so I would not wear it for a special event. I live in a hot humid climate where you sweat just walking into a store sometimes and it stays!! So now the cons... As great as it is, applying it is a challenge. I had no success with the beauty blender possibly because it's supposed to dry to a powder finish so you have to work quickly. The best thing I've found is circular brush motions quickly all over then stipple around nose and areas where you need more coverage. Also as beautiful as it is, don't touch or scratch your face or let you husband boop your nose because it will come right off probably because I'm so oily. No I don't use a primer and probably should, but with my cystic acne finally controlled I don't like to add too many layers of makeup. I know there are a few cons, but hey it's a winner in my book with no breakouts, controls my out of control oily skin, and doesn't melt off!!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure