4.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This lotion saved my skin! I can get really dry, am prone to shaving rashes and lots of ingrown hairs that leave dark spots, so annoying. I started to exfoliate with a washcloth every time I shower, use either a salt or sugar scrub about every other day and use this lotion after. My skin is now glowy, even and the dark spots are fading very fast.

One con is the smell so I only use this overnight and another is the price. Will gladly deal with both because the results are amazing!

on 7/17/2017 11:28:00 AM

The skin on my legs was so dry and had I those little chicken skin marks on them. Nothing and I mean nothing worked but this stuff. It is a little pricey and you have to use a heavy amount if your skin is not moist from after a shower. I find if I apply this with my hands wet or just after a shower or bath it goes on much smoother and I use a whole lot less. I DON'T think is soaks in that great, but the results are amazing. I am now at a point that I only have to use this ever other day or maybe even two days and my legs still look really good. I only use this on my legs, arms and feet. I will have to try it on my heals. I don't feel any stinging and I didn't notice these great results until almost two weeks after starting this, but everyone is different. Wow what a difference it has made for me.

I've got a huge problem with ingrown hairs from shaving, it's a nightmare. The back of my legs had dark spots all over from them, I felt so self conscious wearing short skirts and dresses. This lotion helped me so much, so happy I found it! My routine now is, I exfoliate 3x a week with a really good body scrub, then follow up with this. It smells kinda off so I only use it overnight. I don't use it right after shaving, it stings a bit, I alternate shaving days.

To make a long story short, this has really helped with my ingrown hairs and has lightened the scars significantly. Pricey but worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I suffer from a clogged pore epidemic on my legs, and NOTHING worked for me until I found this lotion. I have been using it in combination with Stridex pads in the red box, and my legs do seem to be smoother. The bumps haven't totally cleared, but it will probably just take some time. The smell isn't great, kind of a chemically odor. It would be nice if it smelled better. The packaging is okay, just your standard lotion bottle.

I think it's a little too expensive. Where I live it's about $18 in the store and $14 on Amazon, so I will order it online, usually. I would get a 2 pack for about $20 on Amazon, but the vendor I was purchasing it from has been out of stock for awhile.

on 3/19/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amlactin is the best for my elbows and feet. Smooths out lines/cracks and also softens. Must use daily to keep the good results. The 10% lactic acid ingredient is great for reducing dry cracks on heels. I can use it everywhere except my face and décolleté, for that I use Lac-hydrin 5 (5% lactic acid).

on 2/8/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

There's a lot to hate about this one. If you have any tiny nicks or cuts in your skin this will sting like hell. After you put it on you have to wait about 10 minutes before putting on your clothes because it stays wet feeling and kind of gross/sticky until it's had a chance to fully dry. And while it's drying there is this very bad ammonia like smell that you can't detect in the bottle but starts wafting up from your skin after application. But I will keep buying and using this lotion because it actually does what it's supposed to, which is to completely moisturize my skin. There is nothing else on the market that works as well as this does. During dry NYC winters my skin starts screaming for moisture, my arms and thighs get itchy, and my shins/calves are dry and flaky looking. With daily use of this those problems are 100% gone, and my skin feels super soft and incredibly healthy. Even better, this has completely cured my KP. I struggled with KP since my teens and went to multiple dermatologists for the condition, their advice ranged from prescribing other lactic acid moisturizers to 'be patient, it'll go away as you get older'. All through my 20s I had it, then I hit 30, then 35, and it was still as bad as it was when I was a teenager... Amlactin cured my KP within 6 months of daily use and I am never going back. I'd give this five stars in every category if they could find a way to make it more pleasant to apply, but since the stickiness and smell go away after 10 minutes I will continue to use this daily until a better formula becomes available. Side note: the smaller bottles have a flip up lid that spurts out product when you open it, so get the larger bottle with the pump dispenser.

on 12/2/2016 11:56:00 AM

After applying AmLactin moisturizing lotion for two days, I developed a rash and itchy skin . I would be very careful with this product. Of course, I would never buy this product.

on 11/29/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is a godsend! It has helped diminish my KP dramatically! Skin feels sooo smooth and soft. How I use it - I use my exfoliating gloves and soap in the shower then apply Amlactin over my entire body after drying off. KP affects my elbows, the backs of my thighs and my bum. After 10 days of using this product daily, my elbows are totally clear and my bum and thighs are 65% improved...and bear in mind I have suffered from this condition for years! One week was enough to undo years of KP. I am in love! The price is a bit steep and it doesn't have the most pleasant scent however considering what it has done for me, I'd say it is well worth it. I actually ended up buying three bottles of it before heading back home as it's not readily available where I live. So pleased!

on 10/3/2016 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Works but smells yucky.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Amlactin seriously saved my skin.

This winter I was experiencing super dry, cracked, bumpy skin all over my body. I do have severe KP on my arms, forearms, upper back, booty and backs of my thighs, but I've never had small, red, singular bumps all over my legs; almost like small pimples. Plus, nothing was curing my skin's severe dryness, not even slathering on coconut oil day and night. I did some research and stumbled upon an article from Vogue a few years ago about how "the best cure for winter skin can be found in your drugstore" about how Lactic acid lotions and creams are the best cure for winter/dry skin. Then I began to see the amazing reviews about how this lotion haws helped people's KP and I thought it was worth the price to at least give it a go.

First impression: the smell. WOW. Not pleasant at all and it tends to linger on clothes sometimes. Definitely a very strong ammonia, pungent smell that will eventually fade, but I wouldn't recommend applying this before a date! The formula is thin, but it spreads nicely and doesn't feel "too" light at all.

Results: BEST. LOTION. EVER. In a matter of days my skin was transformed from rough and scaly to smooth and even. Those mystery red bumps went away and my skin has never felt this smooth and soft. I used to get random pimple-like bumps on my booty and on the backs of my thighs...no more! My skin is finally where I've always hoped it would be for years. I've been trying to heal my KP for a decade and this is the only product I have ever used that has delivered true results, not just the look of smooth skin, but actual smooth skin on my arms. My mother literally burst into tears after feeling how smooth my arms were, she's been right there with me in my struggles since high school with my KP. My arms still have some redness to them, but I found a different product to help with that. The combo of the two products has been truly life changing for me.

Overall Amlactin is a little miracle in a bottle. As long as you don't mind the smell and use it regularly, you will see results. Take it easy with things like tanning after using this lotion...my neck and chest suffered a little and I eased up on using it in those areas. I will be a regular Amlactin user for life.