AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion

AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion
AmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body LotionAmLactin Alpha-Hydroxy Therapy Moisturizing Body Lotion

4.1

on 3/28/2018 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What I cannot stand about this lotion is not smelling like horse piss, but the finish. This is absolutely THE stickiest lotion I have ever used in my life. Even if this were the only moisturizer available in the world and my skin was bleeding out of dry cracked skin, I will not use this. How do other people tolerate having this on the skin everyday? I was excited to try this as my daily body lotion because although my face is good and clear, my back unfortunately is prone to cystic pimples and is covered in acne scars. The first time I tried this, I slathered a generous amount over my entire body and noticed that the finish was quite greasy and extremely sticky. I continued rubbing it into the skin hoping it will fully absorb and the sticky feeling will dissipate, and I walked around my house naked (sorry, TMI) because I couldn't imagine putting clothes on with this unpleasant, hot stickiness situation going on. I was naked for a good 25 minutes before I realized that the sticky feeling will not go away - it's not something that will absorb, but it will merely sit on the skin. Every time my arm or hair touched my neck and breast or whatever part of my skin that had the lotion on, they will momentarily "stick" to each other because of the tacky finish, and even though I had washed my hands, every time my hands would touch any part of my body, the tackiness will rub off on my hands and I would have to wash them again. After wasting a good 40 minutes with this nonsense, I ran back into the shower and rinsed my entire body.

I got back to reading more reviews about this (because I really wanted this lotion to work for my bacne) and other people seemed to recommend putting a small, thin layer of this and work it into the skin. Who has time for that in the morning anyway, but I decided to try the suggested method of application. I pumped a small amount of it onto my hand and worked a thin layer into my body by rubbing them in as if I were giving myself a rigorous massage. After waiting for about 10 minutes and still feeling tacky, I was brave enough to try putting on clothes. Big mistake. As soon as I put my underwear on, I felt like I had become a human lint roller, attracting every fiber of whatever fabric I had on my body. Rushed to the bathroom to take a second shower again and I won't give this another try.

on 12/4/2017 9:00:00 AM

I recently bought amlactin bc i read that it do wonders for kp.
I have a mild kp on my upper arms and a moderate but also a persistant ones on my knees and back thigh.
I've been using amlactin for almost 2 weeks and voila it really do wonders.
My mild ones feels really soft and my persistant ones looks and feels so much better (no more bumpy skin yayyyyy),
it also works on my discoloration caused by frequently shaving.
Since it really works on my kp by exfoliate it throughly so i thought it also can work on my bacne.
Sadly there were rash/ red spots but i kept using it anyway (more likely just shrug it off).
And the day after that it's gttn worse.
The skin on my back, decollate and breast just gttn red, dry, flaky, peeled and also a bit itchy.
It hits me hard that may be my skin allergic to amlactin (partially allergic).
So i'm just gonna stop using it on my (more)sensitve skin.
But since my legs and thigh looks okay (i do really hope so)i think i'll keep using it.

Bottom line:
It surely do wonders on kp skin but if you wanna use it on the other part of your skin, make sure to do patch test.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This lotion saved my skin! I can get really dry, am prone to shaving rashes and lots of ingrown hairs that leave dark spots, so annoying. I started to exfoliate with a washcloth every time I shower, use either a salt or sugar scrub about every other day and use this lotion after. My skin is now glowy, even and the dark spots are fading very fast.

One con is the smell so I only use this overnight and another is the price. Will gladly deal with both because the results are amazing!

on 7/17/2017 11:28:00 AM

The skin on my legs was so dry and had I those little chicken skin marks on them. Nothing and I mean nothing worked but this stuff. It is a little pricey and you have to use a heavy amount if your skin is not moist from after a shower. I find if I apply this with my hands wet or just after a shower or bath it goes on much smoother and I use a whole lot less. I DON'T think is soaks in that great, but the results are amazing. I am now at a point that I only have to use this ever other day or maybe even two days and my legs still look really good. I only use this on my legs, arms and feet. I will have to try it on my heals. I don't feel any stinging and I didn't notice these great results until almost two weeks after starting this, but everyone is different. Wow what a difference it has made for me.

I've got a huge problem with ingrown hairs from shaving, it's a nightmare. The back of my legs had dark spots all over from them, I felt so self conscious wearing short skirts and dresses. This lotion helped me so much, so happy I found it! My routine now is, I exfoliate 3x a week with a really good body scrub, then follow up with this. It smells kinda off so I only use it overnight. I don't use it right after shaving, it stings a bit, I alternate shaving days.

To make a long story short, this has really helped with my ingrown hairs and has lightened the scars significantly. Pricey but worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I suffer from a clogged pore epidemic on my legs, and NOTHING worked for me until I found this lotion. I have been using it in combination with Stridex pads in the red box, and my legs do seem to be smoother. The bumps haven't totally cleared, but it will probably just take some time. The smell isn't great, kind of a chemically odor. It would be nice if it smelled better. The packaging is okay, just your standard lotion bottle.

I think it's a little too expensive. Where I live it's about $18 in the store and $14 on Amazon, so I will order it online, usually. I would get a 2 pack for about $20 on Amazon, but the vendor I was purchasing it from has been out of stock for awhile.

on 3/19/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amlactin is the best for my elbows and feet. Smooths out lines/cracks and also softens. Must use daily to keep the good results. The 10% lactic acid ingredient is great for reducing dry cracks on heels. I can use it everywhere except my face and décolleté, for that I use Lac-hydrin 5 (5% lactic acid).

on 2/8/2017 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

There's a lot to hate about this one. If you have any tiny nicks or cuts in your skin this will sting like hell. After you put it on you have to wait about 10 minutes before putting on your clothes because it stays wet feeling and kind of gross/sticky until it's had a chance to fully dry. And while it's drying there is this very bad ammonia like smell that you can't detect in the bottle but starts wafting up from your skin after application. But I will keep buying and using this lotion because it actually does what it's supposed to, which is to completely moisturize my skin. There is nothing else on the market that works as well as this does. During dry NYC winters my skin starts screaming for moisture, my arms and thighs get itchy, and my shins/calves are dry and flaky looking. With daily use of this those problems are 100% gone, and my skin feels super soft and incredibly healthy. Even better, this has completely cured my KP. I struggled with KP since my teens and went to multiple dermatologists for the condition, their advice ranged from prescribing other lactic acid moisturizers to 'be patient, it'll go away as you get older'. All through my 20s I had it, then I hit 30, then 35, and it was still as bad as it was when I was a teenager... Amlactin cured my KP within 6 months of daily use and I am never going back. I'd give this five stars in every category if they could find a way to make it more pleasant to apply, but since the stickiness and smell go away after 10 minutes I will continue to use this daily until a better formula becomes available. Side note: the smaller bottles have a flip up lid that spurts out product when you open it, so get the larger bottle with the pump dispenser.

on 12/2/2016 11:56:00 AM

After applying AmLactin moisturizing lotion for two days, I developed a rash and itchy skin . I would be very careful with this product. Of course, I would never buy this product.

on 11/29/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This product is a godsend! It has helped diminish my KP dramatically! Skin feels sooo smooth and soft. How I use it - I use my exfoliating gloves and soap in the shower then apply Amlactin over my entire body after drying off. KP affects my elbows, the backs of my thighs and my bum. After 10 days of using this product daily, my elbows are totally clear and my bum and thighs are 65% improved...and bear in mind I have suffered from this condition for years! One week was enough to undo years of KP. I am in love! The price is a bit steep and it doesn't have the most pleasant scent however considering what it has done for me, I'd say it is well worth it. I actually ended up buying three bottles of it before heading back home as it's not readily available where I live. So pleased!

Popular Lotions / Creams