Yankee Candles Black Cherry

Yankee Candles Black Cherry

3.7

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This and Buttercream were my first Yankee purchases when I was a wee teen a couple decades ago. Bought a large Black Cherry jar recently to relive the good times. (Two actually as they were 60% off). The first one had to be returned. I could NOT get it to burn evenly across even babying it and I know how to get a candle properly burned. The second one burns fine...sometimes you just get a dud. Neither, though, is a dud fragrance wise. Hope you like black cherry, because it's going to be slapping you upside the head. (Kind of syrupy, like snow cone syrup or the way Sucrets used to taste when I was small before they decided to mentholate them 😫). This has one of the biggest baddest throws of any candle, any brand, to the point where I almost want to extinguish it before it even pools across, cause I'm getting a headache. Do you love black cherry or do you want a candle you can smell all over the house? Here it is!

on 1/15/2015 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite candle from Yankee. It smells up my whole house and I have a pretty big house. To me it smells like springtime, I guess because the first time I bought one, it was in March when the weather was starting to warm up. I absolutely adore this scent, it lifts my spirits!

To Read all 9 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/18/2013 3:51:00 AM

i have black cherry in the tart. i love the smell although abit expensive i had the tarts free with my purchase of the yankee glass burner

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

I bought the tart version of this and it doesn't really smell like black cherry to me at all. It smells like fake fruity soap. Normally, I love Yankee Candle foody scents but this one was a disappointment.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my first ever purchase from Yankee Candle. I love the scent since I smelled it. The price made me really to think and re-think but it was on sale so I decided to buy this scent. I love it. The scent is so good and the throw is pleasant, I also like that it doesn't smell fake; it smells fruity and makes me want to eat the candle because it smells amazing I will definitely repurchase this for sure. I'm in love with it!!!!

"The absolutely delicious sweetness of rich, ripe black cherries" - like yankee candle describes this candle, it smells of juicy, ripe cherries. cherry smells beautiful, so does this candle. it's lovely.

on 8/25/2012 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Black Cherry has a rich, syrupy scent like cherries, but not in an artificial way like Sweet Strawberry. It's quite strong but not overpowering - personally I think that it's a pleasant scent but definitely not a favourite.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i'm not a massive cherry person; so why did i buy this? i was given it as a gift!
Black Cherry does resemble cherries, but with a syrupy berriness to it. it's very very sweet, but not in a soothing or relaxing way, more like an obvious, cloying sweetness. this also isn't a fresh scent at all and is a little bit sickly for me personally but that's a matter of taste.
i have the medium jar which gave off a good throw, and i love the colour of the candle, because my room is red!
don't buy this if you light candles to relax and unwind, because this is a very demanding scent.
the reason i'm removing 1 lipstick, is because i think this is a bit too sticky and syrupy for a black cherry scent.

Popular Candles