Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.9

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

on 5/7/2018 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I picked this up at Target after I ran out of my beloved Batiste. The first thing I noticed upon trying was how strongly scented this is. I normally gravitate towards fragrant hair care products anyways, but this was WAY too much. I smelled like dryer sheets and couldn't smell my perfume on me (literally my Uber driver asked what perfume I was wearing and I realized she was talking about my dry shampoo). This didn't make my hair look any better, nor give it any volume. I keep trying to make it work but I think this is a no-go for me. It's relatively inexpensive and easy to find, and doesn't leave a white cast on my hair. My hair looks exactly the same after blasting this through my roots. Wouldn't purchase again.

on 4/21/2018 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Works very well, absorbs oil and makes my hair looks less filthy on day 3 of not washing. Doesn't leave much of a white cast compared to some other dry shampoos and the price is cheap. I found the scent way too strong though and because of that I would not repurchase. I dislike strong scents in my hair but if you like the scent go for it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love that it has no scent and goes on clear but it made my hair greasy. Very greasy. Worse than before I spayed it on. They do not know how 2 make dry shampoo.

on 2/26/2018 5:31:00 PM

The only things to like are the scent (coconut and lime) and the price. I've always wanted to try dry shampoo but never wanted to pay the 10 or more bucks for it. You get what you pay for I guess cause I didn't notice my hair any less oily after spraying it. I followed the directions on the can exactly. I tried spraying a little and then a lot and nothing .

I got the dove refresh+care volume & fullness dry shampoo as a gift. I am Curly girl but other than alcohol this ingredients list isn’t too bad. Smells good, doesn’t leave a whitish cast. Works good says what it’s going to do I would rebuy #ballinonabudget #winning

on 10/5/2017 6:56:00 AM

The worst dry shampoo I've used. It did the opposite of its purpose made my hair feel dirty oily didn't do a single thing. I use batiste and it's amazing. Don't even try dove your regret it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For a while, this was my go-to dry shampoo from the drug store. It is affordable and easy to find, and the product works really well. I have fine hair that does get greasy by the second day, so I do like a good dry shampoo that keeps oiliness at bay without drying out my scalp too much. The mist is very fine, which for my fine, brightly colored hair is a plus; I never had to deal with any kind of powdery residue, even when I used copious amounts. I have since found cruelty-free alternatives that are just as nice, but I'd still recommend this product for finer or thinner hair if that isn't an issue for you.

on 9/1/2017 12:13:00 AM

This works well enough, but it leaves quite a bit of powdery residue compared to other brands and it sprays out really fast so you often get more than you want. The bigger issue is that the scent is way too strong. It fights with my perfume and any other scent I'm wearing, and I dislike having scents like this around my face. I would rate it higher if they had an unscented version. Mediocre product overall.

At first I liked this but after using it a while it I would not repurchase. It did ok absorbing oils but it left my hair really limp and almost weighed down

Sigh...my hunt for a decent dry shampoo continues.

Normally I have great luck with Dove products, but this wasn't one of them. This one left my fine blonde, chemically lightened hair dry, limp and dull. I tried spraying it only on the roots, but it leaves a bit of a powdery cast. It does have a nice smell, but I find it a tad overpowering when I spray it on my head.

I wash my hair every second day, and hoped that Dove dry shampoo would help my greasy roots and dry ends on the days where I don't use regular shampoo and conditioner. Unfortunately, it leaves me with hair that wants to be washed in the tub right away after I use it.

I will try Batiste next, because it has received decent reviews.

Video Reviews & Tutorials