Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.9

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

on 10/5/2017 6:56:00 AM

The worst dry shampoo I've used. It did the opposite of its purpose made my hair feel dirty oily didn't do a single thing. I use batiste and it's amazing. Don't even try dove your regret it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For a while, this was my go-to dry shampoo from the drug store. It is affordable and easy to find, and the product works really well. I have fine hair that does get greasy by the second day, so I do like a good dry shampoo that keeps oiliness at bay without drying out my scalp too much. The mist is very fine, which for my fine, brightly colored hair is a plus; I never had to deal with any kind of powdery residue, even when I used copious amounts. I have since found cruelty-free alternatives that are just as nice, but I'd still recommend this product for finer or thinner hair if that isn't an issue for you.

At first I liked this but after using it a while it I would not repurchase. It did ok absorbing oils but it left my hair really limp and almost weighed down

Sigh...my hunt for a decent dry shampoo continues.

Normally I have great luck with Dove products, but this wasn't one of them. This one left my fine blonde, chemically lightened hair dry, limp and dull. I tried spraying it only on the roots, but it leaves a bit of a powdery cast. It does have a nice smell, but I find it a tad overpowering when I spray it on my head.

I wash my hair every second day, and hoped that Dove dry shampoo would help my greasy roots and dry ends on the days where I don't use regular shampoo and conditioner. Unfortunately, it leaves me with hair that wants to be washed in the tub right away after I use it.

I will try Batiste next, because it has received decent reviews.

on 8/15/2017 9:29:00 PM

This stuff is okay for a drugstore product. I generally use it for when I workout in the morning so I can get to work quickly (don't always have time to wash my hair) and it gets the job done. I find I don't need to use too much but I have shorter hair. The con for me is the scent, but I tend to be more sensitive to fragrances. My work is also a scent-free zone so I switched to their scent-free version and I prefer that one.

on 9/1/2017 12:13:00 AM

This works well enough, but it leaves quite a bit of powdery residue compared to other brands and it sprays out really fast so you often get more than you want. The bigger issue is that the scent is way too strong. It fights with my perfume and any other scent I'm wearing, and I dislike having scents like this around my face. I would rate it higher if they had an unscented version. Mediocre product overall.

on 3/16/2017 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like aerosol deodorant for your hair. Leaves a nasty white, powdery residue. Smells synthetic. My 12 year old insists on using this, Lord knows why.

Ick.

on 4/25/2017 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This was just OK. I have tried all drugstore brands, and some HE brands

I pretty much settled on Batiste. If I can't get that the Suave will do me in a pinch but you run out of that 3X faster than the Batiste

Dove, just didn't please me

on 3/6/2017 12:58:00 PM

I like this dry shampoo the best from everything else I have tried(Garnier, Bumble&Bumble, Alterna). The product does exactly what it claims: it cleans my hair well by removing oil and it adds a good bit of volume as well. I rather like the fragrance and even if it`s not your cup of tea, it does go away quickly. I am impressed with how well it works on 3rd, 4th, even...5th day hair.(I go hiking for a long treks and don`t always have the luxury of washing my hair).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very fragrant dry shampoo. I've had people ask me what perfume I am wearing, HOURS after applying this stuff. It's seriously potent! It does work very well though. Maybe a little too well. You need to go very light handed with it as a lot of powder is dispersed. I think this is a good thing though. This can will last you. Another brand I use is, "not your mothers" but with "not your mothers" very little powder is distributed and you're running out of it quicker. Bomb this stuff through well and voila! Magic...no washing needed. I do like this stuff but if you don't like the scent you're not going to like it. I'd say spray out a little bit in the store and see if the scent is to your liking. If so, this is one of the better dry shampoos I have come across...and trust me I've tried about a dozen of them through the years!