Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.8

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

Worst hair product I've ever tried. The smell is so strong it gave me a bad headache! It did absolutely nothing to my fine, thinner hair and just made it greasier :(

on 4/16/2016 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use the Batiste dry shampoo but now switched to this. The dove is much better in price and doesn't have as many stock problems up here in the great white north, so it's a lot easier to find. I have very fine, dry hair but a lot of it, the Batiste would dry it out, make it static-y and tangle crazy bad. The dove doesn't do any of that, it keeps a beautiful shine, and makes it look washed, the only downfall is it does not feel clean. The Batiste would dry the scalp and take away any oils but the dove makes my head still feel unwashed, though no matter how often I checked throughout the day it still looked clean. Overall, a nice fresh, inoffensive scent, and doesn't leave me babying my hair for the next couple days to get it hydrated again.

To Read all 173 Reviews, Login or Join

I have thinner wavy hair that I wash every 3 days and this dry shampoo saves me on day 2 every time. The smell is good and light. It absorbs oil without making your hair look white. I don't know if it works beyond 2 or 3 day hair or for thicker hair. So I would recommend it for girls with thinner hair who wash a little more often. But I really love this stuff, everything else makes my hair look really greasy.

on 2/28/2016 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product over a year ago. I just bought my second can yesterday. It is my holy grail - but I use it very sparingly. I wash my hair max 2 times a week and I use this on the morning of the last day before I wash my hair - It is very important for me to not over use it and just use it on my temples, and on the top and sides were hair is "limp". I spray it on before I shower, put on a shower cap and take my shower. after putting on my make up, I flip my hair and use a wide tooth hair "pick" and comb the powder residue out and then flip back up, style my hair with just a comb and go.

The smell goes away very quickly, but I find it pleasant.

on 2/18/2016 1:12:00 AM

Pros:

1. Does the job. It absorbs the oil in the scalp and hair.
2. Very affordable.
3. Has more product (by volume) compared to other more expensive brands in the drugstore.

Cons:
1. It smells good but the scent can be too overpowering. I had to hold my breath whilst spraying. lol
2. Leaves some white residue (I thought at fist I had dandruff!)

on 12/25/2015 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product was alright. It didn't absorb oil as much as it really left gunk behind that masked the oilyness for a bit. The smell was good, the bottling is good.

Not great.

on 12/17/2015 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm not super picky when it comes to hair care products, but this is not a good dry shampoo. It's not terrible- it keeps my hair from looking greasy and doesn't have a bad white cast, but that's about it. I have thin, curly hair and this causes such a build-up of product- it makes it difficult to comb through my hair at the end of the day. It makes my hair look decent, but god forbid anyone try and touch my hair because it feels super dry and brittle. One shampoo can get the product out, but it takes a bit more work than usual to make sure it's completely clean. In a pinch it does the job, but I would never recommend or repurchase this.

on 12/13/2015 10:20:00 PM

This dry shampoo was okay. I normally use this only if my hair is slightly oily. It did not leave my hair feeling very fresh. It definitely left a residue.

Pros:
•absorbs the oil
•inexpensive

Cons:
•has a strong smell
•if too much is applied in a certain spot, it is quite visible
•can be hard to rub it in

on 11/23/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I actually really like this dry shampoo. there are more expensive dry shampoos that I prefer but I'm on a budget so, onto the review for this stuff.

Pros:
-Really absorbs oil
-Smells great
-Nice bottle
-Adds volume

Cons:
-If applied too generously, can really dry out hair
-Can also leave residue if too much is applied

This definitely beats any other drugstore dry shampoo that I have tried. I will continue to repurchase.

on 11/12/2015 5:57:00 PM

This dry shampoo did nothing for my hair. It left a grimy feeling residue which did not help the oiliness of my hair.. Batiste is the best!

Video Reviews & Tutorials