Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.9

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

so I just want to clarify from the beginning I had zero experience with dry shampoo. The only one I ever tried was the Aveeno that I used to borrow for my sister. This one is completely different from the aveEna. First with the initials pray let me tell you that the smell is not my favorite. I actually really don't care for it it smells like deodorant. But the product itself does what it claims. I used this on Third Day hair and it definitely refreshed my blow dry I even used it on the fourth day. It absorb the oil and gave some volume to my hair. Thank goodness the smell did not linger but those first five minutes were tough. The price point is good if they only change the scent and made it a little more perfume and less deodorant I would give it a 5

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like how Dove revamped their dry shampoo. I loved it before they revamped it because it didn't leave quite the white residue most other dry shampoos leave. So when I saw it disappear from the shelf I was disappointed because I didn't think it was coming back, but then it did as the "Invigorating" version and the "Volume" version. I currently have both. The volume version definitely gives nice volume, but it leaves that visible white residue that I don't like on my brown hair. The invigorating version doesn't leave much residue at all. Maybe just a little bit, but it's definitely tolerable.

I'll definitely be sticking to the invigorating version.

on 1/17/2017 11:52:00 PM

Love the way this smells. It is so light, fresh, clean. It lasts in the hair too which for me was a plus. However I did not find it all that effective. It showed up in my dark hair a little. When I use Batiste my hair looks literally like it does when it first dries after being washed. With this my hair didn't look oily anymore but it just didn't look as good. I also think it was more drying than Batiste. However it is a much better value money-wise. Overall though Batiste still isn't THAT expensive so I am going to stick with it.

Great dry shampoo especially for drugstore! I've been using high end dry shampoos and I'm fed up spending money on stuff that doesn't do my thick greasy hair any justice!! I went out in search of a cheap dry shampoo and saw this and plus it had a coupon I couldn't beat it,so I took it. Love the way it smells and I like that this doesn't irritate my scalp and it does absorb oil really well doesn't leave a white cast on hair and my hair is almost black this does give good volume to hair as well I'd definitely will be repurchasing!! I've tried dry bar,living proof,bumble and bumble,batiste,alterna,ouai,you name it I've tried it and never once repurchased any of them even though I liked living proof and dry bar I didn't repurchase because of the high price tags! I am so happy with dove dry shampoo I'm gonna recommend it to everyone I know!

on 12/18/2016 5:04:00 AM

Pros:
-Good price

Cons:
-Leaves my hair feeling chalky
-Makes my scalp itch
-Hair still looks a bit greasy even though I spray it on the night before and the morning after if I'm too tired to wash my hair

Overall, I would not buy again.

on 11/16/2016 10:31:00 PM

This is the most recent dry shampoo that I have been using and I love it! I have used Tresemme's and Batiste and I like this one better. It smells good but the smell is strong so if you are sensitive to smells, I might steer clear of this one. Although I will say that I get migraines sometimes from scents and this one doesn't bother me. So it's strong but not too strong. I also have dark brown hair and it doesn't leave any white residue. And it doesn't make my head itch. I did notice that with the Tresemme one. My head would itch after I used it. Not good. No problems with this one so far and I've used it a few times.

on 10/18/2016 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It just doesn't work. Doesn't make hair feel clean, makes it look only marginally less greasy, doesn't give any texture or volume. I wanted to wash my hair EVEN MORE after using this. Scent wasn't offensive, and price is right, so there are two things in it's favor, but the performance just wasn't there for me.

on 10/18/2016 4:33:00 PM

This is the only drugstore dry shampoo I've tried that truly applies clear. It adds a ton of volume and I like the smell too. One star off though because it's harder to shampoo out at the next shower than most other dry shampoos I've tried.

$4 at Rite Aid.

As much as I wanted to like this product I could not. The packaging is great but it just does not work! I have tried to using this many times without success. Will not be repurchasing.

on 8/27/2016 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Price was good. Packaging was good. That's about it. Spraying it at first on my hair, it was okay. It didn't absorb all the oil on my hair but for the price, i was willing to overlook it. I went out, got sweaty and my scalp was ssooooo itchy. I tried it again some other time just to make sure, and it was the same even if I did not sweat. I had my friend test it out and she also got itchy scalp. Such a bummer! Also, the smell is just strong and at times, even overpowering.

Update: I gave it to another friend. Fortunately for her, her scalp doesn't itch but she can't really comment if it's good or not.

Will not be repurchasing whatsoever.