Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

Dove Refresh+Care - Invigorating Dry Shampoo

2.9

Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Alcohol Denat, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Isopropyl Myristate, Aqua, Silica, Maltodextrin, PEG-8, Parfum, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronelli, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

I tried this brand and I feel the smell is stronger than it needs to be...it smells like laundry detergent. I don't want to smell like I am masking smell from my hair...it should be best to absorb oil and smell so we can use a perfume without its interference. I also noticed the bottle went empty quickly like it evaporated on its own..poor packaging...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I previously used baby powder on my hair which was messy but worked, but no getting away from that - Dove Dry Shampoo smells a lot like baby powder! I didn't experience any white cast that other reviewers have pointed out, however my scalp and roots of my hair would still be oily within a few hours of using this on a morning, exactly 3 days after washing. Doesn't irritate my scalp or weigh my hair down but I wouldn't repurchase as the smell which resembles a mixture of cheap perfume and deodorant is waay to strong and clashes with any fragrance that I wear, no matter how much of it I spritz on! Tip: press down lightly on the nozzle spray as it dispenses much more than you will expect it to. Will try Batiste next and see how it compares.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love that the scent of this LASTS in my hair. It smells like I freshly shampooed it for a long time. It doesn't work as well as regular baby powder to make my hair less greasy, but what I do is I first apply baby powder and then spray this into my roots and it's as if I've just washed my hair. The scent lasts a very long time - which is something I look for in a dry shampoo!

on 5/7/2018 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I picked this up at Target after I ran out of my beloved Batiste. The first thing I noticed upon trying was how strongly scented this is. I normally gravitate towards fragrant hair care products anyways, but this was WAY too much. I smelled like dryer sheets and couldn't smell my perfume on me (literally my Uber driver asked what perfume I was wearing and I realized she was talking about my dry shampoo). This didn't make my hair look any better, nor give it any volume. I keep trying to make it work but I think this is a no-go for me. It's relatively inexpensive and easy to find, and doesn't leave a white cast on my hair. My hair looks exactly the same after blasting this through my roots. Wouldn't purchase again.

on 4/21/2018 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Works very well, absorbs oil and makes my hair looks less filthy on day 3 of not washing. Doesn't leave much of a white cast compared to some other dry shampoos and the price is cheap. I found the scent way too strong though and because of that I would not repurchase. I dislike strong scents in my hair but if you like the scent go for it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love that it has no scent and goes on clear but it made my hair greasy. Very greasy. Worse than before I spayed it on. They do not know how 2 make dry shampoo.

on 2/26/2018 5:31:00 PM

The only things to like are the scent (coconut and lime) and the price. I've always wanted to try dry shampoo but never wanted to pay the 10 or more bucks for it. You get what you pay for I guess cause I didn't notice my hair any less oily after spraying it. I followed the directions on the can exactly. I tried spraying a little and then a lot and nothing .

I got the dove refresh+care volume & fullness dry shampoo as a gift. I am Curly girl but other than alcohol this ingredients list isn’t too bad. Smells good, doesn’t leave a whitish cast. Works good says what it’s going to do I would rebuy #ballinonabudget #winning

on 10/5/2017 6:56:00 AM

The worst dry shampoo I've used. It did the opposite of its purpose made my hair feel dirty oily didn't do a single thing. I use batiste and it's amazing. Don't even try dove your regret it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For a while, this was my go-to dry shampoo from the drug store. It is affordable and easy to find, and the product works really well. I have fine hair that does get greasy by the second day, so I do like a good dry shampoo that keeps oiliness at bay without drying out my scalp too much. The mist is very fine, which for my fine, brightly colored hair is a plus; I never had to deal with any kind of powdery residue, even when I used copious amounts. I have since found cruelty-free alternatives that are just as nice, but I'd still recommend this product for finer or thinner hair if that isn't an issue for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials