Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.7

on 3/30/2017 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad bronzer for the price. I found these at Target initially, then found them again at a Ross or TJ Maxx, surprisingly. The light bronzer looks great with my light/medium skin (kind of a weird in between skin tone). When I am tan in the summer, the regular bronzer looks fantastic as well. Feels nice on my skin.

If you're heavy handed, make sure you blend it out or you could end up looking like Donald Trump. Orange and unappealing.

I do find the light on the compact to be a neat idea, but a little useless. I tried it a few times, with no luck. The lighted mirror makes the packaging a little bulky in comparison to other products. I do like the storage underneath the makeup for a brush or other small items.

on 5/6/2016 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I have very fair cool skin tone it was actually impossible for me to find any bronzer. With all shades and brands I tested before I was looking like an orange pumpkin, muddy, sometimes even red.
I bought this few days ago. I must admit that at this moment my skin is not the most beautiful one, I have few red spots on my cheeks but I am also prone to get such thing as a part of my allergy to herbs at this time of the year and I do not know this time if it is the reaction to herbs or to this bronzer.
However, first time in my life (I have the lighter shade) I do not look orange and muddy and I notice some nice warmth in my face. I put it with light hand and just blend it well all over my face giving accent to top of the nose and cheeks. I just hope that it will not break me out.

Update: after few months of wearing it every day all I can tell is that it is so far the best bronzer I ever tried!!!

on 4/24/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ended up getting this for super cheap. It was four dollars after I used my coupons and extra bucks at CVS. I have wanted this for quite some time... I didn't want to pay full price and I knew the time would come along when I could get it for next to nothing.
I got the darker one of the two. The lighter one just looked like a tan powder. Like what my skin color will be this summer. Since it is the end of April and summer is on its way, I got the darker one. Even now, with me being on the pale side, NC 20, this is not over powering at all. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave an orange cast, like some bronzers do. There is glitter in it, but I love it. I am at the age now to where I don't have much time left to wear shimmer and glitter. May as well "live" it up while I still can.
I am pleased with this purchase and am thrilled that I got it for 4 dollars, originally 15! You can't beat that.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this 2 days ago in light & I loved the packaging, i read no reviews before purchasing, and i usually do read reviews before buying products. Im fair skinned & I have no color at all. My cheeks are pretty pink on their own so i dont wear blush so i bought the ph bronzer. It costs $20 from where i bought it. I tried it on when i got home and it immedialy looked orange and fake looking(Plus it was very sparkly in the package), Maybe it was the way i applied it seeing as i never wore bronzer before but im not too sure. I will try different brushes and stuff and edit my review when i do, but until then im going to try to nyc sunny bronzer if i can find it.

I would recommend this if you are darker to go for the light bronzer as it would probably suit your skin tone better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Color Refrence - NC 30 currently, NC 15 - NC 20 without a tan.

I truly wanted to love this bronzer. I usually love Physican's Formula, and the cool packaging and the claim that it "matched" to your skintone had me sold. I essentially paid 15$ for a lit up mirror. I really dislike the fact that there is so much glitter in this bronzer. It's very noticable when you're in the sun, tons of gold flecks that can accentuate the texture of dry skin or any blemishes that are raised on the skin. I also do not like the color at all, i feel like it is definitely on the orange spectrum and unnatural looking. I thought maybe I was putting too much on, or not blending it out good enough, but I have been using a light hand and buff it out for minutes and I still can't manage to make it look natural. Boo.

on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 AM

I think this is a great bronzer in the lighter shade! Perfect for winter, I am quite fair during that season. Very natural looking, not orange at all. To me it's almost the shade of a face powder for someone with MAC NC40 skintone maybe? Yes it has some shimmer but it's a quality shimmer if that makes any sense.. very fine not chunky. I always just bought my bronzers from MAC (usually just because I was buying something else there) but I've been using this one a lot more lately!! I think it's better. I love MAC but I think their bronzers are meh.
UPDATE: I took a couple lippies off. I decided this makes me look sallow :/

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this bronzer! It really does match up to my skin tone and with none of the orangey fake looking streakiness I always get with other bronzers. Also, there is no shimmer which is a big plus. I do, however, use my own brush instead of the one that comes with it. The little light inside is cool, too, but I never use it. I suppose some people could really benefit from that feature, however.