Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.7

on 4/9/2017 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Amazing !! I love this product. The bronzer give a natural glow. The packaging is beautiful!! This compact comes with a little brush and an in/off switch for the light. I wonder how to change the battery in it when it dies :)

Gives you a nice natural glow. This is really warm tho so if you use too much you'll end up looking orange. packaging is really nice.

on 3/30/2017 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad bronzer for the price. I found these at Target initially, then found them again at a Ross or TJ Maxx, surprisingly. The light bronzer looks great with my light/medium skin (kind of a weird in between skin tone). When I am tan in the summer, the regular bronzer looks fantastic as well. Feels nice on my skin.

If you're heavy handed, make sure you blend it out or you could end up looking like Donald Trump. Orange and unappealing.

I do find the light on the compact to be a neat idea, but a little useless. I tried it a few times, with no luck. The lighted mirror makes the packaging a little bulky in comparison to other products. I do like the storage underneath the makeup for a brush or other small items.

on 5/6/2016 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I have very fair cool skin tone it was actually impossible for me to find any bronzer. With all shades and brands I tested before I was looking like an orange pumpkin, muddy, sometimes even red.
I bought this few days ago. I must admit that at this moment my skin is not the most beautiful one, I have few red spots on my cheeks but I am also prone to get such thing as a part of my allergy to herbs at this time of the year and I do not know this time if it is the reaction to herbs or to this bronzer.
However, first time in my life (I have the lighter shade) I do not look orange and muddy and I notice some nice warmth in my face. I put it with light hand and just blend it well all over my face giving accent to top of the nose and cheeks. I just hope that it will not break me out.

Update: after few months of wearing it every day all I can tell is that it is so far the best bronzer I ever tried!!!

on 9/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

When I bought this I thought it was going to be too dark for my skin tone because I'm very pale but it wasn't bad at all. All I had to do was tap my brush to get rid of excess powder before applying it to my face. It gives me a sun kissed look which is exactly what I was looking for. The price is pretty reasonable too. I would still like to purchase other bronzers just to experiment but if I don't fins anything better than this I will definitely repurchase it.

This review is for the PH matchmaker ph Powdered powder in light . I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a bronzer or a face powder foundation? This seems to be a bit of an issue with this brand , they produce many similar looking and named products that are in actuality different.
On my skin (MAC NC 10-15) it looks a smidge dark for a foundation all over powder and it does have some sparkles that I find somewhat noticeable. In a pinch this'll work but it will have a few twinkles on the face, personally I prefer a completely matte powder, as I tend towards oily to combination skin. This product may be workable as a bit of a highlight on the cheeks or a blender toner for over applied dark contour not sure yet I'll have to play with it.
I like the packaging ( the super bright LED light is going to be great for plucking hairs. I got this in a value pack at a local discounter so divvying up the price per item was around $3.50-$4. Acceptable for a splurge-y impulse buy though I wouldnt have tried it if I had not found it on sale. I also bought the bronzer from this ph line which I'll review separately .

I found this on sale at target for under $7 so decided to try it as opposed to ELF's $3 version. I like the brand as it is normally gentle on my skin. It is a nice color bronzer (I have light medium/olive toned skin) and if you use it only to highlight and blend, it looks natural and very nice. Like others, I found the sparkles to be a bit of a nuisance, but when used sparingly, they are not so bad and when set, I hardly notice them. The mirror lights are blinding, and do not shut off automatically, so I accidentally closed the compact and opened it to find the light much dimmer. Don't really use it much, maybe to pluck my eyebrows. The package is a bit bulky and I am not a fan of the brush design under the powder, but altogether, this bronzer is nice and an okay buy at the sale price.

on 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM

The is a little to muddy on my skin (I have it in light), but if I use a light hand, it is good for countouring and warming up my skin. It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. I find the packaging to be a little bulky and the lights are a bit tacky. It lasts for about 6 hours on my oily skin.

on 4/24/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ended up getting this for super cheap. It was four dollars after I used my coupons and extra bucks at CVS. I have wanted this for quite some time... I didn't want to pay full price and I knew the time would come along when I could get it for next to nothing.
I got the darker one of the two. The lighter one just looked like a tan powder. Like what my skin color will be this summer. Since it is the end of April and summer is on its way, I got the darker one. Even now, with me being on the pale side, NC 20, this is not over powering at all. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave an orange cast, like some bronzers do. There is glitter in it, but I love it. I am at the age now to where I don't have much time left to wear shimmer and glitter. May as well "live" it up while I still can.
I am pleased with this purchase and am thrilled that I got it for 4 dollars, originally 15! You can't beat that.

Looked fake and orange in my porcelain skin. It was the light bronzer.

Popular Bronzers