Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Bronzer

3.5

on 5/6/2016 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As I have very fair cool skin tone it was actually impossible for me to find any bronzer. With all shades and brands I tested before I was looking like an orange pumpkin, muddy, sometimes even red.
I bought this few days ago. I must admit that at this moment my skin is not the most beautiful one, I have few red spots on my cheeks but I am also prone to get such thing as a part of my allergy to herbs at this time of the year and I do not know this time if it is the reaction to herbs or to this bronzer.
However, first time in my life (I have the lighter shade) I do not look orange and muddy and I notice some nice warmth in my face. I put it with light hand and just blend it well all over my face giving accent to top of the nose and cheeks. I just hope that it will not break me out.

on 9/13/2015 2:22:00 PM

When I bought this I thought it was going to be too dark for my skin tone because I'm very pale but it wasn't bad at all. All I had to do was tap my brush to get rid of excess powder before applying it to my face. It gives me a sun kissed look which is exactly what I was looking for. The price is pretty reasonable too. I would still like to purchase other bronzers just to experiment but if I don't fins anything better than this I will definitely repurchase it.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

This review is for the PH matchmaker ph Powdered powder in light . I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a bronzer or a face powder foundation? This seems to be a bit of an issue with this brand , they produce many similar looking and named products that are in actuality different.
On my skin (MAC NC 10-15) it looks a smidge dark for a foundation all over powder and it does have some sparkles that I find somewhat noticeable. In a pinch this'll work but it will have a few twinkles on the face, personally I prefer a completely matte powder, as I tend towards oily to combination skin. This product may be workable as a bit of a highlight on the cheeks or a blender toner for over applied dark contour not sure yet I'll have to play with it.
I like the packaging ( the super bright LED light is going to be great for plucking hairs. I got this in a value pack at a local discounter so divvying up the price per item was around $3.50-$4. Acceptable for a splurge-y impulse buy though I wouldnt have tried it if I had not found it on sale. I also bought the bronzer from this ph line which I'll review separately .

I found this on sale at target for under $7 so decided to try it as opposed to ELF's $3 version. I like the brand as it is normally gentle on my skin. It is a nice color bronzer (I have light medium/olive toned skin) and if you use it only to highlight and blend, it looks natural and very nice. Like others, I found the sparkles to be a bit of a nuisance, but when used sparingly, they are not so bad and when set, I hardly notice them. The mirror lights are blinding, and do not shut off automatically, so I accidentally closed the compact and opened it to find the light much dimmer. Don't really use it much, maybe to pluck my eyebrows. The package is a bit bulky and I am not a fan of the brush design under the powder, but altogether, this bronzer is nice and an okay buy at the sale price.

on 8/15/2013 9:02:00 AM

The is a little to muddy on my skin (I have it in light), but if I use a light hand, it is good for countouring and warming up my skin. It's very pigmented so a light hand is needed. I find the packaging to be a little bulky and the lights are a bit tacky. It lasts for about 6 hours on my oily skin.

on 4/24/2013 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I ended up getting this for super cheap. It was four dollars after I used my coupons and extra bucks at CVS. I have wanted this for quite some time... I didn't want to pay full price and I knew the time would come along when I could get it for next to nothing.
I got the darker one of the two. The lighter one just looked like a tan powder. Like what my skin color will be this summer. Since it is the end of April and summer is on its way, I got the darker one. Even now, with me being on the pale side, NC 20, this is not over powering at all. It goes on smooth and doesn't leave an orange cast, like some bronzers do. There is glitter in it, but I love it. I am at the age now to where I don't have much time left to wear shimmer and glitter. May as well "live" it up while I still can.
I am pleased with this purchase and am thrilled that I got it for 4 dollars, originally 15! You can't beat that.

Looked fake and orange in my porcelain skin. It was the light bronzer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this 2 days ago in light & I loved the packaging, i read no reviews before purchasing, and i usually do read reviews before buying products. Im fair skinned & I have no color at all. My cheeks are pretty pink on their own so i dont wear blush so i bought the ph bronzer. It costs $20 from where i bought it. I tried it on when i got home and it immedialy looked orange and fake looking(Plus it was very sparkly in the package), Maybe it was the way i applied it seeing as i never wore bronzer before but im not too sure. I will try different brushes and stuff and edit my review when i do, but until then im going to try to nyc sunny bronzer if i can find it.

I would recommend this if you are darker to go for the light bronzer as it would probably suit your skin tone better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Color Refrence - NC 30 currently, NC 15 - NC 20 without a tan.

I truly wanted to love this bronzer. I usually love Physican's Formula, and the cool packaging and the claim that it "matched" to your skintone had me sold. I essentially paid 15$ for a lit up mirror. I really dislike the fact that there is so much glitter in this bronzer. It's very noticable when you're in the sun, tons of gold flecks that can accentuate the texture of dry skin or any blemishes that are raised on the skin. I also do not like the color at all, i feel like it is definitely on the orange spectrum and unnatural looking. I thought maybe I was putting too much on, or not blending it out good enough, but I have been using a light hand and buff it out for minutes and I still can't manage to make it look natural. Boo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this bronzer because of the recommendation from one of my favorite gurus on youtube. I had used Physicians Formula bronzers before and wasn't super impressed. They tend to be super shimmery which isn't my favorite thing when it comes to bronzers. The packaging on this is nice, it comes with a light (which is super blinding so I never use!) and a brush underneath the product itself. It is a tid bit bulky so if your traveling it might take up some space in your makeup bag. I have this in the lightest version they have and it's the perfect color for me. I'm about an NC35 in MAC for reference. It doesn't turn orange on me which I was afraid of. I've been using this daily for a bit now. It is kind of shimmery in the pan but I don't see any trace of shimmer on my face.