Rodan and Fields REVERSE

No Image

3.3

on 11/2/2017 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I paid over $300 for the ReDefine skincare line along with the Active Hydration Serum & Eye Cream. The sales consultant asked me to sign up for the PC Perks program. She said I would save on 10% and get free shipping. What she failed to tell me was that, the PC Perks program would automatically ship you another batch in 3months under your account even if you didn't authorize it! Under the FINE PRINT of the PC Perks program, it entails the company to bill your credit card an automatic re-order every 3months! This set off red flags for me and right away was a huge turn-off with the product.

When I asked the consultant, she told me right away to "please do not un-enroll from the PC Perks program" but I felt that it was a very big ethical violation of my purchase agreement and rights as a customer. When she asked me to pay $25 for the program, to get free shipping and 10% off, she only communicated with me AFTERWARDS that there is an "automatic re-order" on my account to get product replenishment's. This would allow the company to bill your credit card automatically every 3months. I DID NOT SIGN UP TO BE BILLED 4x a YEAR AT $300 ($1200 ANNUAL) WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!! This is a very sneaky marketing tactic from the company to keep customers paying into their overpriced products. I was disturbed to figure this out and had to call the customer service line to cancel the automatic re-orders to my credit card, because the sales consultant would NOT withdraw me from the program even though I asked.

I would not recommend this brand to anyone. It's unethical and not worth wasting the time and money!

on 10/6/2017 1:27:00 AM

I've been using Reverse for about six months now and I notice softer, brighter skin. I buy the kits from a friend who's doing the multi-level marketing thing - as you know if you have a friend who do this, they use social media as their main selling channel, and it is a bit of a barrage from my four or five FB friends who sell this stuff. It's costly, (kit retails at $190 but if you sign up as "preferred customer" its $171.) Plus, the MLM thing makes it kind of sticky to get out of becoming a repeat customer. I mean, Lancome isn't liking all your posts on FB every day, right? The regime is basically an exfoliating cleanser, toner and Retin A and Vitamin C lotions, followed by sunscreen. Twice a day for all except obvioiusly the sunscreen. The cleanser and toner have a weird lemon-y scent. The products do their job and I like how my skin looks, but I think that the exfoliating scrub could be really rough if you have sensitive skin. I also have the feeling you could recreate some of this line from drugstore and department store lines and save a bit of money and the "friend with the MLM" obligation. Take the kit pricing away and you're looking at a $38 facial cleanser, $43 toner, $37 sunscreen and $89 Retin-A/vitamin C treatment. Cheaper than SK-II but around the same prices as Clarins and Chanel.

on 12/14/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I used the whole product line for 3 months. One month - no change - second month, glowing skin - Wow! -the third month seriously irritated red skin, with huge acne breakouts. The glow was gone, all I had was irritated, dry skin. I went back to my organic line to no miracles but really soft, smooth skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Uses highest hydroquinine as possible but lotion doesn't have greasy or unpleasant scent.

on 7/6/2016 11:59:00 PM

I love Rodan and Fields - only skin care line that hasn't left me either dried out or too oily. I only use the exfoliating wash every other day - and at night I use the redefine night serum. Love love love. I use a gentle cleaner and then the rest of the redefine line in days I don't use the exfoliating wash!

on 8/24/2015 1:10:00 AM

I went all in on the regimen -- Reverse kit, AMP roller, and macro exfoliator. It was pretty expensive but I know friends that benefited from the Proactiv line so I figured this was a good product to invest in. Not all Asians have great skin, but I was lucky to inherit my dad's side of the family's genes (my mom's side has lots of wrinkles). Even so, I am obsessed with skin care and any product that will promise to brighten, lighten, and reduce pore size I am willing to try. Needless to say I have lots of skin care products.

I'm not diligent about washing my face twice a day or using the AMP roller every day or using the macro exfoliator every week--I travel weekly for work and half the time I forget to do it.

With that being said, I am in my 3rd month and see some results, but I'm sure I would see more if I did it more often. The moisturizer makes my skin really oily; I'm hoping if and when I switch to the Redefine moisturizer the oiliness will go away, otherwise it's back to my tried and true Olay moisturizer.

Considering how expensive the kits are and all the add ons, I'm not sure I would order some of the stuff again. The cooling gels don't really seem to do much and for the cost, I can get a 4 oz bottle of aloe vera gel for much less. I may order some of the stuff piecemeal depending on how the Redefine kit goes.

on 2/15/2012 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I've been using the entire REVERSE line for 6 months now. I have pretty good skin but I have some acne scars that have taunted me for years now. Also, I'm pretty good with sunscreen as a mixed race girl BUT I'm bad when I'm on vacation in the desert. So I'm trying to undo any unseen damage so I don't look like a Brahmin bag when i'm 40. The line is expensive but I definitely see a difference. It's not overnight but at around the 3 to 4 month mark, I really noticed that the acne scars had faded and even some of my freckles had. My skin looks really good on makeup free days and when I do wear makeup, I swear my skin has this lit from within look. I'd say it's the most radiant my skin has ever looked. Once this round is done, I will most likely switch to the anti-aging line as I think REVERSE has done it's work.

I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because the skin lightening treatment smells skunky. Whatever scent they use in the sunscreen should be replicated for the skin lightening treatment.

One other note: I have combination skin and the directions say to work up to using it every day, twice per day. I didn't have any problems with this irritating my skin but I can see where it would be irritating for some. The exfoliating wash twice a day could be brutal for some.

Popular Face Skincare Products