Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

No Image

4.7

on 7/7/2013 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipgloss! I have it in the shade Natural. It is so perfect because it is not sticky and doesn't transfer and fades into a gorgeous coral red color! LOVE IT! Normally, I don't like lipgloss, but this is a must-have. It is coral color with little gold flecks and is beautiful when it is shiny and when it dries to a semi matte sort of finish on your lips. Beautiful!

on 9/24/2012 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I normally don't wear lip products unless it is a special occasion; I don't really see the point in wearing something that needs constant re-application, can look garish, might smear or end up on my teeth. However, I recently traveled out of state to visit my boyfriend and decided I could at least *try* to look nice. Somehow, I stumbled upon a few blog reviews of this and decided to give it a shot. I purchased the 'Light Pink' shade and feel that it was plenty bright for my neutral light-medium skin. The shade was rosy and vibrant, but not over the top. You could tell I was wearing something on my lips but it didn't look overdone. The formula applies smoothly and is NOT sticky, a huge plus in my mind. As other reviews also mentioned, when it fades it leaves an even stain to the lips so while they may no longer be glossy, they are still pink and pigmented. Moreover, some people might find the packaging gimmicky, but I actually appreciate the mirror and the light. Actually, I used the light and mirror to apply this in a dim bar the other evening...probably tacky but eh. It was more convenient than fighting my way into the overcrowded ladies' room. Price wise, PF products are known to be pricier than standard DS brands but personally, I think the higher quality is worth the price. Plus, you can frequently find their stuff on sale at places like Ulta and Target.

on 8/1/2012 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Overall, I like this lip gloss a lot. I don't know about its claims to adjust to one's pH, but I can say that it did turn a beautiful shade of bright bubblegum pink on my lips about 60 seconds after applying it. It's not drying or overly sticky (major pluses for me, since my lips chap if I look at them wrong), and it leaves a pretty stain behind.
My only issues are a. the price, as I feel it is a shade too steep for a drugstore product and b. the fact that sometimes, if your lips are not perfectly moisturized prior to application, the stain can look sort of patchy and uneven if you reapply often. But that's not a huge deal, and I've certainly paid more for drugstore glosses in the past, so on the grand scale, I'd have to say this is a win for me. I'd like to try the lighter pink as well, as I feel it might pair with a heavy smoky eye better.