Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

Marcelle BB Cream Beauty Balm

3.8

This is awful! It goes on so streaky and the pigment just does not spread or blend evenly on the skin which makes it even harder to apply concealer on top afterwards. The color is a good neutral undertone and I absolutely love the packaging but the formulation of the product itself just did not work for me!
PROS:
-Pump and squeezy tube
- Color
CONS:
- Expensive for drugstore product
- Streaky and patchy
- Emphasizes pores and small hairs on skin
- Clings to dry patches of skin
- No coverage

on 12/26/2016 11:29:00 AM

I love this BB cream. It costs $25 I believe (may be $23) at Shoppers Drug Mart and the company, Marcelle, is Canadian and cruelty free. I love that this comes in a pump but the tube is also squeezable (like toothpaste) so you can use up all the product.

I bought my first tube of this in August after talking to a lady at Shoppers Drug Mart. I have sensitive skin, it's combination (leans towards dry in the winter and oily in the summer) and I prefer a natural look. The BB cream suits those needs well. I don't wear makeup every day so I've still got a fair amount in the tube!

I bought this in the shade Fair and it matches my skin perfectly. This product hasn't made me break out and it applies very easily. I can use my fingers or a sponge and it applies wonderfully. I find that it evens out my skin tone but it does *not* completely cover acne. If I have a bright red pimple and I apply this BB cream, the pimple is still visible but it's a softer pink colour. I don't mind that because if I apply concealer you can't see th pimple at all, and at the very least with just the BB cream the pimple isn't so in your face. The same goes for my under eye circles. The BB cream makes them less apparent but they're still there, unless I use concealer.

In the colder months I find this BB cream to be perfect, requiring no touch ups. In the summer I will apply a powder over it because I am a bit oily and like other people have said this BB cream doesn't play very nice with oily skin. I can apply cream and powder blush over this BB cream no problem. I personally don't wear bronzer or high lighter so I can't comment on that.

on 9/15/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I did not like this product very much at all. It is very pigmented for a bb cream. That part is nice. But for this hit summer.... No, it got gross very fast in the heat. I kept having to blot of powder and more pores were more visible. The bb cream Sat in them strangly and made them appear white. I made myself finish the product for a fair review and today is my last application. I like that this is not scented and the color is beautiful, but I think it would probably be a better winter product. Also, I had to use a dot of dawn dish detergent to wash off hands, extremely oily. Wouldn't wash off with regular hand soap.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good foundation for everyday use. It has a very liquidy consistency and blends very easily. However, I did prep my skin by moisturizing with an SPF (this BB cream doesn't have an SPF) and I also used a primer (Too faced Primed and Poreless) to avoid this product from settling into my pores.

The first thing I noticed is that it evened out my skin and blurred a few of my acne scars. I would say it has a light to light-medium coverage (for reference I am a MAC NC 20 using the light-medium shade) . But since I am so used to having more coverage on my base - I did set my bb cream with Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation and it turned out to be a good match. It gave me enough coverage to a point that it still looks natural. It also has a glowy finish so it's suitable for aging/dry skin.

P.S. I did conceal my under eyes as the coverage isn't enough for my dark circles.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I will definitely buy this again after I finish it and since summer is just around the corner, I will be steering away from heavy foundations.

Hope this review helps.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always purchase again. I love this BB cream. It blends nicely into skin to help create an air brushed complextion. It goes on more translucent than a foundation so your not going to get the same coverage but thats what i love about it. Its light and sheer and creates a light fresh face without the look of heavy make up.

on 3/10/2016 4:17:00 PM

Well, after reading all 112 reviews on this product, I went out and purchased my first BB cream. And I have to say - this product is excellent. I have very light skin so I bought the FAIR shade. It matches my complexion perfectly. It goes on easily (I just used my fingers) and it becomes smooth and silky as it sets into your skin. It evens out my skin tone (I have no major issues with my skin, just minor occasional blemishes) and makes my skin glow. I do not find that it makes my skin oily throughout the day, like some people have reported. Overall I am really happy with this purchase and I think the price is fair for the quality that you get.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Look no further, this is a must have BB cream! Hypoallergenic, scent free, 8 in 1 benefits such as: evens out skin tone, hydrating, controls shine and more... Comes in 5 color shades but remember this is NOT a foundation so don't expect great coverage. It is lightweight and oil-free and once blended into your skin (I warm it between my fingertips and press into my skin then use a flat top kabuki to blend, or a beauty blender if my skin isn't as oily as usual - personal preference) it absorbs and provides a wonderful base. They do claim you can use this in place of primer (it's a moisturizer, tinted corrector, and makeup base) according to their website. I personally like to use a primer underneath as I find it applies easier and gives a nicer finish. I have not used this under foundation but could see how someone looking for a more medium to full coverage would be able to achieve this by layering foundation overtop. I bought this with the intention of wearing it on "non-makeup" looking days and just dusted powder over to set it, and added a little blush for a natural flush. When dry it feels natural and does not transfer. I have oily/combo skin and did not experience any break up while wearing it. I did not experience any oxidation either.

I like the packaging of this product too. It comes in a tube with a pump and the cap is sturdy so it keeps clean/hygienic. You get 1.5oz / 45 ml in the tube for less than $25 Cdn which is a good price in my opinion, and is the only BB cream recognized by the Canadian Dermatology Association. I am reaching for this more and more often as my daily "foundation". Might try their Matte BB cream next, especially with warmer months approaching.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this on sale at my local Shoppers Drugmart because i just ran out of my usual Garnier BB cream. I never thought of changing from Garnier to Marcelle but oh so freaking happy I did ! Let me just say that this cream changed my makeup game and my face, (noticeable skin tone changes , less breakouts and less shine than my old Garnier bb cream). Will be buying more soon !

on 11/28/2015 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the Marcelle BB Cream Matte Skin Enhancer in Light to Medium. In short: blends easily; quick to apply; needs a primer to stay matte for longer; get a few hours of complete matte wear; no separation on face.

I purchased this product because I wanted an easy to apply, lightweight foundation that looked like my skin but better. My core issue is that I dislike feeling like I have makeup on my skin, an issue that I can't ignore at the end of the day.

This is very easy to apply; I use one pump and blend it into my skin using my fingers. Takes a few seconds to do this step, so that box was ticked. I was leery about 'adaptive pigments' that blend into your skin, but it seemed to work just fine for me. This has very sheer coverage. It evens out the skin, and blurs imperfections but does not cover them.

I do find I need a primer with this. I am using Elf's Mineral Infused Primer currently, but have also used Rimmel Stay Matte primer. The primers do prolong the matte finish of the product. Otherwise, shininess occurs within the hour on me. At the end of the day, I definitely had traded the matte look for something a wee bit more greasy, but I really like how my oily skin doesn't cause this to separate.

I do feel the need to wash my face when I get home from work. It just feels too heavy, which may be in part to the primer I am using as well. I don't feel like this is necessarily a deal breaker, though. The ease in which I can apply this in the morning when I'm in a rush more than makes up for this flaw.

I would repurchase, but I will keep looking for other products that may fit my laundry list a bit better.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love the way that foundation looks on me (obviously) as it aids almost anyone to have a nice even toned facial skin appearance. Background: I suffer heavily from hyper-pigmentation scarring. I am of East Indian descent, even if I do NOT touch a pimple, it will leave a brown mark afterwards and for 7rl mo, heck even yrs! The sun makes them even more noticeable. I can't wear foundations as my under the surface acne has a field day. I've tried every kind too, from Lancome to Maybelline. So a friend suggested BB cream. I used to wear Clinique's tinted moisturizer, but they stopped making my shade. Anyhow, enter Marcelle BB Cream. This works wonders! I get nice coverage, no cakey look, no itchiness nor irritation, heck I cannot even feel it when it's on. I wear the Medium to Dark. Yes, it's a teeny bit too light for me, but the next shade is too dark. It actually covers my hyperpigmentation scars (that most people think are freckles) and helps w/ my dark under-eye area. I still need a little extra concealer for that area, but I love that it blends in well w/ the Marcelle nonetheless. I don't face make up daily, only at work, so about 9-10 hrs daily. So far no break-outs and I've been using it off and on since summer of 2013. I recommend this for people like me, who cannot use foundations and have acne prone and or combo skin. In Canada, it's a little under $30 (thanx to taxes too), but one tube lasts many months.