NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 8/16/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the lightest colour - Terre Neuve - I have very pale celtic skin with an oily t-zone

I like to apply this with clean fingers. It spreads easily and quickly and provides enough coverage to make me feel polished without being too made up. I only need a little and I'm very happy with the colour and it lasts all day. So often I've applied a supposedly pale base, only to notice later that my neck is a slightly different colour! But with this, the makeup kind of binds into my skin, leaving it smooth and peachy, with a soft sheen. I'm in my forties so I like a soft sheen - it's half way between dewy and sweaty (not so attractive)

After wearing it all day, it doesn't go patchy and I don't need to touch it up.

It's pricey but I don't mind as if your base is perfect, you can go a bit cheaper on your other makeup.

What I'm not so keen on is the packaging. When I flip it open, the product splatters over the lid. I also find it quite difficult to open. I do wish that Nars would repackage this in such a way that it doesn't splatter. But apart from this, I'm happy with the product, and would definitely repurchase.

on 7/25/2017 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This has become my go to daily base product. It is light weight with a velvet finish that offers enough coverage to even my skin tone out. I have far from perfect skin so go in with concealer where a bit of extra coverage is required. This combination is one I have really been enjoying. It last on me all day (about 9 hrs) with maybe a touch up around midday, as I sometimes get a little shiny in the T-zone. It does hold up really well though. I rarely wear foundation now; before buying this I used it almost everyday so it's a nice change having a much lighter base that still looks polished.
Overall I absolutely love ❤️ this tinted moisturiser.
Shade details: I use Finland 🇫🇮 for this.
Mont Blanc for sheer glow.
Vanilla for radiant creamy concealer and soft matte complete cover concealer.
Skin details: acne prone (have not noticed this affect my acne) combination skin. I sometimes get oily in my T-zone.

on 7/24/2017 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Well I wanted to love it but the breakouts I got, I'm assuming happened using this product. Every time I used it I would get those annoyingly oily cysts. The colour was perfect and same with the coverage I was after. Such a shame mybskin didn't react well with it. But personally I obviously wouldn't repurchase but to others potentially get a sample before splurging.

on 7/22/2017 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Color me impressed. This is the first tinted anything that actually covers similar to a foundation. I wanted a alternative option for going makeup free on running short errands or playing golf, and this tinted moisturizer seems to fit the bill. I ended up purchasing L3 Groenland, after debating between L2 and L3. Also, that's all my Sephora had in stock between the two and the lighting was so bad, I really couldn't tell. So far, I think I made a good choice for my NC30ish skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I rated the price and packaging fair-to-middling only because I admit I’ve yet to buy the stuff. When I bought a tube of the Orgasm cream blush at Bloomie’s, the wonderful salesman showered me with packets of the stuff (and the creamy concealer) for travel use. (A sample packet takes up way less space in my makeup bag than a tube of my at-home go-to, Bare Escentuals Complexion Rescue).

This goes on creamy (use a domed BB cream brush) and evenly without looking like foundation. It evens my skin tone just enough that I need concealer only under the eyes and on dark blue veins & very red spots. No obnoxious scent, and it provides SPF 30 (I use a serum and another SPF 30 moisturizing lotion first—I am very fair and had a near-melanoma scare last year). When I run out of samples, I will buy this—I think I prefer it to the Bare Escentuals, especially because it looks less “mask-y” and is a closer match to my skin tone and shade. (Nars has more available colors than BE).

As a newly minted 50yo woman with dry and ever-changing skin, I tried this on a whim and LOVE it. Been using Chanel Vitalumiere for years but with the "life change" happening, it has become a little heavy for me and the color doesn't seem to match well so...I wanted to try something lighter and SPF was a must

Product matches well and is perfect coverage for daily errands and work, giving a more polished skin tone. This is my new "go to" foundation as I believe I've hit the skin age where full coverage is too much for me. I don't think you'll be disappointed

on 6/19/2017 8:29:00 AM

Turned orange after an hour. Orange, orange, orange.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This tinted moisturizer is so pigmented you would think it is a foundation. But it is not hydrating enough for dry skin. I need to wear a moisturizer underneath. This would be more suitable for normal to combination type skins. Beware of the colors available. I read on this website that you should go for the Alaska if you are an NC25, but I find it slightly darker, but it is ok after a while when it disappears into the skin. I will not repurchase because my skin is too dry, but it would look very nice on younger skins.

on 6/4/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

When I put this on my skin looks really nice and hydrated sometimes even glowy (without setting with powder). I don't really need to use a primer but I do anyway to make it last. I use it when I need a little coverage, and it lasts all day without getting greasy. I use the shade Cuba and I usually put a translucent powder on top so that way I could apply a powder bronzer. I would recommend this to people with dry to normal skin, and someone who doesn't want a lot of coverage, it also has SPF 30 so it's great for outdoor days and even to work! However, it does have a slight flashback so I would not recommend wearing this to a night time event.

My go to foundation. I've been using this for years. I don't like too much coverage and this just evens everything out and make it look fab. One tube lasts forever. It's also got SPF which is handy. If you had bad skin, perhaps you might want something heavier... but I like this light, no make up, my skin but better look.