NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
Foundation SwatchesPure Radiant Tinted MoisturizerNARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 2/12/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much! I've been using it for the past year mostly every day and it's so good! It doesn't break me out at all like some other reviews say. The coverage is pretty good and gives a beautiful finish that evens out my skin tone and lasts all day. I've only repurchased this once in over a year, and it lasts ages! I used to have extremely bad acne and although it didn't completely cover them up it did cover them enough so it didn't look as red and blotchy. It does tend to get oily during the day but that's to be expected with any product on my extremely oily skin really. Overall, it's super light yet gives a tiny bit of coverage which is exactly what a tinted moisturiser should do.

Good coverage, radiant finish but not oily, need to powder few time trough the day, but less than other foundations. Perfect on my combination skin. No irritations or allergy reactions on my fair and irritation prone skin.

on 12/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

I used this product about 10 times and I believe it made me look worse than better.It gave absolutely no coverage to my few acne scars. I am fair skinned and the lightest shade made me look orange. This product was not very easy to blend either. I am glad that I only purchased the small size because now it just sits in my makeup bag.

on 11/30/2016 10:55:00 AM

I don't understand how this gets such a high rating. It's very dry, difficult to apply, and doesn't really do the job. I noticed no evening skin tone, nothing. My Sonia Kashuk tinted moisturizer is SO much better for a fraction of the cost. Can't believe I splurged on this.

on 10/2/2016 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Skin type: Yellow undertone, SUPER OILY, Have some healing acne spots and acne scars. Right now while trying this product, I don't have any active acne so I can't tell you how it covers those Red Devils.

Shade bought: St Moritz Medium 1

I was hesitant to buy this because it is essentially a moisturiser and since I am super oily, I was afraid it would not last on my skin. When I mean super oily, I mean like I can literally use my finger and wipe oil off my nose/T-zone area within 30 minutes after I wash my face. I am that oily. And being in a humid country like Singapore with weather usually around 34 degrees celcius doesn't help either.

Right now I'm pretty tan, around NC30-35, nearer to 35 and Medium 1 is a darn perfect match I would say. It's really lightweight and blendable, and it's so natural you can't tell if you have any product on at all. It looks like skin. However, it does feel a little tacky after application but I set my foundation/base anyway so it makes it much smoother. I use the Banila Co. Prime primer finish powder btw and it's the bomb.com for oily skin I tell ya.

I like using my sigma f88 flat angled kabuki for this because I want to get as much coverage as possible, and using a beauty blender does sheer it out significantly for me. It has a good light-medium coverage, build able to medium at best. You wouldn't want to build till full even though you can, it'll look greasy and tacky as heck.

Longevity wise, it lasts a good 4-5 hours on me before i find it moving to more of an oily than a dewy look. If you're oily like me, you will definitely have to blot or touch up during the day but it's not a big deal cause I'm use to powdering myself anyways. Coverage stays exactly the same with minimal fading on the skin for 12+ hours.

All in all, I love this stuff. It hasn't broken me out or cause me any allergic reactions. The only downfall I would say is the price. I got it in the states for $44 excluding tax and it costs S$70 here. Wished it lasted a little longer as well but it is a moisturiser and nothing lasts Long on my skin anyways.. Sad life of a oily skin girl :(

on 9/26/2016 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Not sure how a product manages to make you look dry AND oily at the same time but this one does. It looked awful on my normal skin. It looked like it sucked all the oil out of my face and highlighted every wrinkle I had. It also became very greasy after a few hours...it's a fail!

on 9/22/2016 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

WORST PRODUCT EVER! If you have combo to oily skin I'd advise you to stay away from this product. Nars products tend to contain high amounts of oil, and if you have skin like mine your skin will not agree!! This broke me out with cystic acne I've never had, due to it's excess oil clogging up the oil in my skin! Waste of money

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Two words: EFFORTLESS BEAUTY.

I've been using this TM for at least three years now. I should have reviewed long ago. I LOVE it. I put this stuff on and even if I choose to not put any other product on my face, I instantly look 1000x better, yet sooooo natural. It makes my skin look almost flawless and much younger. It's quite sheer yet somehow covers like a dream, as if it is one with my skin.

I'm 46. As I'm getting older, full coverage foundations and even regular coverage foundations give me a tired, stale, heavy look. Aiming to cover every flaw only seems to amplify them -- so it's a fool's errand to even try. Nars Pure Radiant TM offers sheer coverage but because it's radiant, despite that sheer coverage, it somehow makes my skin look both perfect and like I'm not wearing makeup: my skin but WAY better. I haven't figured out the source of the radiance, but it's not shimmer, there is no shimmer. As many have noted, this has a dewy finish. I give a light dusting of loose powder to un-dew the dew. My skin is normal with a moderately oily t-zone (used to be super oily all over). Even though I didn't start using this until my 40s, if I had found it when I was younger, I would have loved it then too. If it can make my unevenly pigmented middle aged skin look awesome, I feel it would look freaking amazing on younger skin, since heavy foundation is rarely a good look on anyone, regardless of age.

I usually put this on over moisturizer -- but even if I don't, it still goes on beautifully. It spreads smoothly and blends effortlessly and a little goes a long way. It smells quite pleasant, but after a couple of minutes I don't detect it anymore. Kinda wish it would linger more because I truly enjoy it. It smells fresh and vaguely edible but I can't pinpoint what it smells like. It has SPF 30. It actually looks better as the day goes on, giving my skin a velvety look. [Editing to add: This product does NOT break out my skin or cause blackheads. Even at age 46 my skin is acne prone and I have had problems with other foundations/TMs. Not this one!]

My only complaints about it are PRICE (it goes up in price at least $1 per year) and COLOR SELECTION.
Price: what are ya gonna do? Many products go up in price. This stuff is great so I'll likely keep forking over. As of this date this Nars TM sells at $44 for 1.9 oz. yet there are other foundations that cost $64-$70 for only 1 oz. (Armani Luminous Silk, for example) and they still don't look as good as this one. Compared to those this seems like a good deal: twice the product at 2/3 the price!

Color selection is better than it was years ago. I wear Finland, and it is a bit too light for me (at the time I started wearing it, the next color up was off for me). But because it is so sheer, it is quite forgiving even without an exact color match. I am about to order Groenland, which is what Narscosmetics.com recommended based upon my answers to their color quiz. I'm nervous about it, afraid it'll be too dark. If so, I'll either return it or try blending it with Finland to create a more exact match. But it will probably be okay even if it is a little dark, because it goes on so sheer.

Bottom line: Try this. I steered my 75 year old mother and 29 year old friend to this and they both absolutely LOVE it and they both ROCK it.

on 8/19/2016 12:19:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this tinted moisturizer. It provides more coverage than the popular Laura Mercier one and I prefer it to the one from Josie. For reference, I have combination skin with oily t zone and dry cheeks. I have replaced my MAC face and body with this and my skin is thanking me. If you find yourself breaking out too much from foundations, a TM is a great alternative even though the coverage may not be as much.

This product will not cover your blemishes, dark circles or imperfections but does a great job at evening out skin tone! Since I have huge ass pores, I like to use Dr Brandt's pore filler primer underneath it to give a more soft focused effect on my face. I also like to use a concealer over the TM to cover up any dark circles or blemishes I have.

All in all, it has a pretty good value ($54CAD for 2oz which works out to $27/oz) which beats out many other brands. A little goes a long way with this product.

on 8/9/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first review for any product. To be honest I don't usually review anything because they tend to eventually stop performing with extended use and become mediocre over time. But the NARS brand and in particular this TM has consistently impressed me over now 4 months.

I have oily, sensitive and acne prone skin and am an NC35 skintone.
I've used nearly every type of foundation/bb cream and nothing made me happy to put it on everyday like this.

Just for ref: I've used Estee Lauder double wear, Mac pro longwear, Clinique, YSL, Too Faced, Maybelline, L'Oréal, Rimmel, Almay, Bourjois the list goes on...all of these either broke me out, (except for Clinique and L'Oréal) or looked too heavy/cakey on my skin. Not letting my skin breath and at the end of the day when I remove my makeup left me looking grey and dull.

I was in Mecca Maxima and noticed a SA who had amazing skin and although I know she was wearing makeup, her skin looked like skin and not found. Off course asked her what foundation she was wearing and she said she never wears foundation but TM and that she used to use Josie's but now uses NARS. I didn't believe it at first bc I thought TMs were too sheer. The NARS TM is now the only "foundation" I wear.

When I use it my skin looks like my skin but clearer and even toned. It doesn't cover blemishes but I use the NARS or MAC concealers for that/under eyes and I powder with either Physicians Formula or Rimmel.

The best part is that even after powder 30 Min in, your skin looks healthy and not dry. I do wear moisturiser (Clinique) and a Too Faced/ Hourglass primer. But it's because I'm always so afraid of breakouts.
I have worn this for 12 hrs everyday and sometimes up to 16 hrs and it's like it blends and looks one with skin. All you need to do is blot and powder every 4-6 hours.

This TM doesn't break me out or cause skin discolouration. Sometimes I think it helps my skin be happy. :) I hope the results remain as good. Because I've read other reviews, where things change. But I just needed to write this for the oily skin girls who might be considering the NARS TM.