NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

As a newly minted 50yo woman with dry and ever-changing skin, I tried this on a whim and LOVE it. Been using Chanel Vitalumiere for years but with the "life change" happening, it has become a little heavy for me and the color doesn't seem to match well so...I wanted to try something lighter and SPF was a must

Product matches well and is perfect coverage for daily errands and work, giving a more polished skin tone. This is my new "go to" foundation as I believe I've hit the skin age where full coverage is too much for me. I don't think you'll be disappointed

on 6/19/2017 8:29:00 AM

Turned orange after an hour. Orange, orange, orange.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This tinted moisturizer is so pigmented you would think it is a foundation. But it is not hydrating enough for dry skin. I need to wear a moisturizer underneath. This would be more suitable for normal to combination type skins. Beware of the colors available. I read on this website that you should go for the Alaska if you are an NC25, but I find it slightly darker, but it is ok after a while when it disappears into the skin. I will not repurchase because my skin is too dry, but it would look very nice on younger skins.

on 6/4/2017 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

When I put this on my skin looks really nice and hydrated sometimes even glowy (without setting with powder). I don't really need to use a primer but I do anyway to make it last. I use it when I need a little coverage, and it lasts all day without getting greasy. I use the shade Cuba and I usually put a translucent powder on top so that way I could apply a powder bronzer. I would recommend this to people with dry to normal skin, and someone who doesn't want a lot of coverage, it also has SPF 30 so it's great for outdoor days and even to work! However, it does have a slight flashback so I would not recommend wearing this to a night time event.

My go to foundation. I've been using this for years. I don't like too much coverage and this just evens everything out and make it look fab. One tube lasts forever. It's also got SPF which is handy. If you had bad skin, perhaps you might want something heavier... but I like this light, no make up, my skin but better look.

on 5/5/2017 4:41:00 AM

This is my all time go to "foundation". I have tried and tested so many foundations and TMs over the years. The NARS TM is the only one I love the most. It is light weight, moisturising and most skin like foundation or tint I have ever used. I first got introduced to the colour Cuzco it was dark but gave me such a glow I fell in love. I did find that the St Moritz matched me better but for some reason when mixed with Cuzco melts into my skin and looks like I'm not wearing foundation... All Day!

I am oily and acne prone but this does not break me out. The only thing I find is that I cannot moisturise too much prior to using this. I also have to make sure I blot during the day as this does not promise to control oils. But even at the end of the day my skin looks gorgeous and not cakey or like an oil slick. I usually blot and powder with MAC blotting powder (oily girl's best friend) .

The texture is like a light cream and has a slight lemon sent reminding me of a lemon tarte. I use my fingers to apply and it smooths out evenly with any form of application. I love this product and will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 4/30/2017 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this stuff in the shade Finland a couple of years ago. I feel like the $45 price tag is a bit steep for a tinted moisturizer, but it is a good product. When I bought it, I had combo/oily skin and it was a bit too dewy for me then. After pregnancy and having my twins, my skin type has changed to more dry/combo. I gave this product a try again recently (I had more than half a tube left) and liked it much more than I remember liking it last time. It was super easy to blend (I just used my fingers, but I'm sure it would be lovely with a foundation brush or even a beauty blender). The color matches me perfectly. I normally set it with a bit of powder, but it sets to a nice dewy finish on its own. I checked my face out in the mirror every couple of hours to see how it was holding up, and it did well. My skin had a nice glow to it, and it allowed my skin to actually show through, while still evening out my redness. I also love that it has SPF 30. I'm definitely going to use this a ton now that I have rediscovered it!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love NARS as a brand but there is something in this product that I'm sensitive to. It makes my eyes water like crazy. The only other product that has caused this reaction for me is It Cosmetics CC Cream. I think it might be citric acid because I do detect a slight lemony scent. I wish I wasn't sensitive to it because it is very pretty on the skin- radiant and just enough coverage.

on 4/23/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably my favourite tinted moisturiser of all time. I am between NC 20-25 and find Alaska to be a pretty good match - when I'm at my palest I could probably go down a shade, but I don't mind going slightly darker with my tinted moisturisers. Most of the shades tend to run pretty yellow but I believe they've added some more neutral shades in recent years.

One thin layer gives light coverage, but you can definitely build this up to a medium coverage with a second layer - it gives more coverage than many other TMs I've tried. The finish is a slightly dewy/satin appearance and lasting power is decent (I can get a full work/school day out of it and it looks pretty good by the end of the day). I usually pair it with my NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder for everyday or my Cargo HD powder when I want more coverage and longevity. To increase lasting power I'll also add a primer - this TM plays well with pretty much any primer I've tried it with.

The first time I realised this was a HG product was on a trip to Thailand. It lasted amazingly well in 30+ degrees heat and humidity and it became an everyday go-to during my trip. I have dry skin and find this product to be so forgiving and smoothing on my skin, and often when I'm wearing this TM, I'll receive compliments about how 'healthy' my skin looks. I am constantly trying new base products because I am obsessed with foundation but I always come back to this one.

on 4/13/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this for days when I dont want to wear makeup. This feels good on, evens out my skin tone, and lasts throughout the day.