NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, I have to say that I don't completely wear this alone. I mix equal parts this and Revlon colorstay. Revlon was my go-to foundation for longevity, oil control, and it's a great match. However, I find that my 30's skin is getting duller, drier, and there's some teeny fine lines creeping up on me! So I had to find something to mix in with it. I got a sample from Sephora and wore it the next day. Wow! I had a beautiful glow ( not greasy!) and it lasted all day! I just loved it so much that I splurged the $45 for it! It will last me a long time since I only use half of what I'd normally use. It's just soooo worth it!

on 10/11/2017 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was hoping to love this but I didn't. It left my face looking shiny and it felt sticky and heavy. I would not recommend this for combination or oily skin

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the natural dewy finish of this tinted moisturizer! It's a light to medium coverage that doesn't accentuate dry skin. The only downside is that I have to mix shades. I'm NW15-20 depending on the time of year, and I mix Terre Nueve with Groenland, approximately half and half. The shades between those two are too yellow for me. So many tinted moisturizers fall short in either the tint or the moisturizing department, but for me, Nars Pure Radiant strikes the perfect balance between the two.

A little about me, I'm over 40, with a fair complexion that leans slightly on the warm side. I have combination skin (oily chin, dry forehead and I'm a little sensitive to facial products, so I'm prone to flakiness. I really love this stuff! I would consider it more of a foundation than a tinted moisturizer, as the coverage is good and it's not particularly moisturizing (I need a separate moisturizer underneath). It provides perfect coverage for me - it's a true light to medium coverage and very natural looking. I have tried several other foundations and this is the only one that matches my skin tone (I use Finland), doesn't oxidize, doesn't make my wrinkles or dry patches look more noticeable. I like to apply it with a beauty blender and lasts pretty much all day. Sometimes I need a little setting powder, but I do not need to use a primer with this. Now I will say it's expensive; however, the size of the tube is 1.9 oz and most foundations are 1.0 oz. So when you compare it by size it's comparable to other foundations.

on 9/28/2017 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this a long time before I actually used it. I do love it. It has the no makeup look and still keeps my skin moist. I use it under the Chanel Micro Serum and Micro Cream. I live in Denver, it is extremely dry most of the time. This is the only product that does not end up looking chalky or dry. It will last forever, you only need a bit.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

The finish of this wears well all day, and is the most matte tinted moisturizer I have ever used - I didn't see any "radiant" properties about it. The formula is watery - I found it difficult to dispense and spread a sheer layer, so it always went on a little heavy for me.
I got some of this in the summer to try in a slightly darker tint, but used it only a few times because the color was off (my bad, but the lighting in my local ULTA was absolutely terrible until recently) and the fragrance level of this is super high - way more scented than any high end brand I've ever tried. So I took it back. I have a few NARS products, and the radiant creamy concealer is a great product, but this was disappointing.

on 8/16/2017 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This review is for the lightest colour - Terre Neuve - I have very pale celtic skin with an oily t-zone

I like to apply this with clean fingers. It spreads easily and quickly and provides enough coverage to make me feel polished without being too made up. I only need a little and I'm very happy with the colour and it lasts all day. So often I've applied a supposedly pale base, only to notice later that my neck is a slightly different colour! But with this, the makeup kind of binds into my skin, leaving it smooth and peachy, with a soft sheen. I'm in my forties so I like a soft sheen - it's half way between dewy and sweaty (not so attractive)

After wearing it all day, it doesn't go patchy and I don't need to touch it up.

It's pricey but I don't mind as if your base is perfect, you can go a bit cheaper on your other makeup.

What I'm not so keen on is the packaging. When I flip it open, the product splatters over the lid. I also find it quite difficult to open. I do wish that Nars would repackage this in such a way that it doesn't splatter. But apart from this, I'm happy with the product, and would definitely repurchase.

on 7/24/2017 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Well I wanted to love it but the breakouts I got, I'm assuming happened using this product. Every time I used it I would get those annoyingly oily cysts. The colour was perfect and same with the coverage I was after. Such a shame mybskin didn't react well with it. But personally I obviously wouldn't repurchase but to others potentially get a sample before splurging.

on 7/25/2017 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

This has become my go to daily base product. It is light weight with a velvet finish that offers enough coverage to even my skin tone out. I have far from perfect skin so go in with concealer where a bit of extra coverage is required. This combination is one I have really been enjoying. It last on me all day (about 9 hrs) with maybe a touch up around midday, as I sometimes get a little shiny in the T-zone. It does hold up really well though. I rarely wear foundation now; before buying this I used it almost everyday so it's a nice change having a much lighter base that still looks polished.
Overall I absolutely love ❤️ this tinted moisturiser.
Shade details: I use Finland 🇫🇮 for this.
Mont Blanc for sheer glow.
Vanilla for radiant creamy concealer and soft matte complete cover concealer.
Skin details: acne prone (have not noticed this affect my acne) combination skin. I sometimes get oily in my T-zone.

on 9/14/2017 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this stuff! My shade is martinique, and it's dead on. It lasts all day, and I don't have any breakout issues.