NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer
Foundation SwatchesPure Radiant Tinted MoisturizerNARS TM in Finland compNARS TMPure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love NARS as a brand but there is something in this product that I'm sensitive to. It makes my eyes water like crazy. The only other product that has caused this reaction for me is It Cosmetics CC Cream. I think it might be citric acid because I do detect a slight lemony scent. I wish I wasn't sensitive to it because it is very pretty on the skin- radiant and just enough coverage.

on 4/23/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is probably my favourite tinted moisturiser of all time. I am between NC 20-25 and find Alaska to be a pretty good match - when I'm at my palest I could probably go down a shade, but I don't mind going slightly darker with my tinted moisturisers. Most of the shades tend to run pretty yellow but I believe they've added some more neutral shades in recent years.

One thin layer gives light coverage, but you can definitely build this up to a medium coverage with a second layer - it gives more coverage than many other TMs I've tried. The finish is a slightly dewy/satin appearance and lasting power is decent (I can get a full work/school day out of it and it looks pretty good by the end of the day). I usually pair it with my NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Powder for everyday or my Cargo HD powder when I want more coverage and longevity. To increase lasting power I'll also add a primer - this TM plays well with pretty much any primer I've tried it with.

The first time I realised this was a HG product was on a trip to Thailand. It lasted amazingly well in 30+ degrees heat and humidity and it became an everyday go-to during my trip. I have dry skin and find this product to be so forgiving and smoothing on my skin, and often when I'm wearing this TM, I'll receive compliments about how 'healthy' my skin looks. I am constantly trying new base products because I am obsessed with foundation but I always come back to this one.

on 4/13/2017 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this for days when I dont want to wear makeup. This feels good on, evens out my skin tone, and lasts throughout the day.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

hate the smell and packaging, very average product the stuff you find in the drugstore is much better than this particular product

I'm shade NC27-30 so find shade Alaska is perfect when I am NC27. This TM I find has better coverage than its competitor Laura Mercier. Being oriental, it provides just the perfect amount of a yellow undertone. It applies well with my fingers and evens skin tone. For my mild acne scars, I can either leave them or go over with concealer if I'm not lazy. The finish is dewy. I don't powder unless I intend to be out all day but for a quick pop out, this TM is fast and easy to apply. It has a pleasant scent to it (unlike All day luminous which is scent free). Perfect TM for low maintainence day needing just a little pick me up!

on 3/18/2017 5:30:00 AM

I love this. Literally so simple yet effective. I think it has a nicer finish than the nars sheer glow foundation. I also just went for a run in it and it didn't budge!! I think it should be a little cheaper considering it is a tinted moisturiser not a foundation but I will re purchase as it's so simple to apply and is so good for my dryer skin!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

After years of trial and error, I've always come back to using this tinted moisturizer. I'm very low maintenance (aka lazy) with my morning routine, so I will try to get away with the least amount of morning prep. My goal is to look well-rested with a healthy glow, so evening out my complexion is what I need and that is exactly what I get from this. I am Asian (Chinese) with a darker skin tone, and have normal skin that sometimes gets oily in the t-zone throughout the day. St. Moritz is the perfect match for me.

At first I didn't like how it didn't spread as easily all over my face so I mixed it with a bit of moisturizer, but I now apply it after a light moisturizer with my fingers and it spreads perfectly to my liking and gives me a very fresh, dewy-looking complexion. The moisturizer tint and texture just melts into my skin. I don't wear any powders on top of this because of the laziness, but I already like the way it looks on its own. If I wanted a more matte look I'd wear the velvet matte skin tint instead. And since it's already quite dewy imo, I tend to avoid wearing it in hot/humid weather because I'd end up looking like a human disco ball.

The product doesn't look/feel cakey at all for me. Sometimes I'll need to apply a bit extra regular moisturizer on my forehead and nose, but I sometimes have drier skin there. It also doesn't settle into any lines. It looks perfect and amazing for about 4-5 hours, but after that I'm needing some help in the t-zone oiliness area. Could be the fact that I don't use a powder? I should probably find out. I always get compliments about my skin when I'm wearing this. So, this is my HG tinted moisturizer! I use it ~3x a week on average (I'm factoring in non-wearing in the summer months) and it's lasted me about a year. So although it is a bit pricey, it makes sense for me in the long run.

To summarize:
1) Packaging - Squeeze bottle is great to make sure you get every last drop. It can fit into my small makeup case that I keep in my purse at all times.
2) Application - Fingers work perfectly fine to apply for me.
3) Consistency - Already thin and wet, but still doesn't spread as much to my liking when used on its own. Spreads well when applied over a moisturized face.
4) Coverage - Light to medium coverage. Helps even out my skin. Not using it to 'cover' anything.
5) Lasting power - Coverage lasts for 8+ hours, but definitely requires some powder etc for t-zone. Tube lasts about a year when used ~3x/week.

on 2/12/2017 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product so much! I've been using it for the past year mostly every day and it's so good! It doesn't break me out at all like some other reviews say. The coverage is pretty good and gives a beautiful finish that evens out my skin tone and lasts all day. I've only repurchased this once in over a year, and it lasts ages! I used to have extremely bad acne and although it didn't completely cover them up it did cover them enough so it didn't look as red and blotchy. It does tend to get oily during the day but that's to be expected with any product on my extremely oily skin really. Overall, it's super light yet gives a tiny bit of coverage which is exactly what a tinted moisturiser should do.

Good coverage, radiant finish but not oily, need to powder few time trough the day, but less than other foundations. Perfect on my combination skin. No irritations or allergy reactions on my fair and irritation prone skin.

on 12/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

I used this product about 10 times and I believe it made me look worse than better.It gave absolutely no coverage to my few acne scars. I am fair skinned and the lightest shade made me look orange. This product was not very easy to blend either. I am glad that I only purchased the small size because now it just sits in my makeup bag.