NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

on 12/9/2017 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

EDIT: I didn’t get Groenland and St Moritz lol people on the tester counters mixed up the tubes & placed them in the wrong place. I got Alaska and Cuzco lol. Alaska matches me very well.

I’ve never liked tinted moisturisers much and have always been partial to foundation, but lately I’ve been trying to go foundation-free as I work on my skincare. I thought maybe it might be time to try tinted moisturiser again - and boy, they’ve come a long way since the greasy, covered-literally-nothing days!

Pros:
- Coverage. I’m normally acne-prone but I haven’t been breaking out too much so I don’t desire a full-coverage makeup base now. I want a more natural look, so I like this. I wouldn’t say it covered nothing either. The coverage is definitely there.
- Good colour match. Thank God I got samples from Mecca Cosmetics before buying because the shade I thought I was (St Moritz) ended up being too dark for me! The shade lighter than that (Groenland) ended up suiting me quite well even though it’s supposed to have a neutral pink/peachy tone (my skin is more yellow toned). I think if you’re an NC30-35 St Moritz would match, but right now I’m more of an NC25-30 and Groenland suits me better.
- Application is easy. I use my fingers. It works.
- Not greasy like other tinted moisturisers I’ve tried. My face can get a bit shiny after a few hours but if I powder up after application, it doesn’t do that. Then again, my skin isn’t too oily. It also hasn’t broken me out (yet?)
- Has SPF. Doesn’t make a huge difference for me since I choose to wear SPF underneath any makeup anyway but to those who rely on their base makeup for SPF, this is a good option. May want to stay if your skin doesn’t like chemical sunscreens. This has that.

Cons:
- Can emphasise dry patches, even minor ones. But I do find that if I apply this straight after my skincare, it doesn’t seem to do that as much.
- Still need to use a concealer for particularly dark PIH or pimples. What can I say though? This is a tinted moisturiser, so of course coverage will be quite light.
- The price haha retails for around $60 in Australia.

All in all, I would most likely buy the actual tube once my sample has run out. I’m not exactly enthused by the price and having it cling to dry patches, but I think the pros outweigh the cons in terms of what I’m personally looking for in a tinted moisturiser.

on 12/3/2017 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is A nice tinted moisturizer. It gives great coverage and does not look cakey at all. It does get shiny on my oily skin. I would not repurchase because I can't seem to find a good shade for myself and it is too expensive to buy two shades to try to color match. Would definitely recommend for drier skin types and if you can find a good color match. It's a shame because it seems to be the perfect low maintenance makeup product for busy mornings.

on 11/26/2017 6:21:00 PM

I liked this--it's quite yellow which somehow worked on my pink skin. Heavily orange scented, which was kind of nice.

But I had a reaction to something in this, my skin would be very hot and itchy. So in the trash it went.

on 12/3/2017 12:15:00 AM

The one and only! ❤️ Finland is my perfect match. The texture and coverage are a dream. I have purchased this many times, and on occasion have tried similar products from other brands because the grass-is-always-greener or whatever. But there is no point. Nars does it best.

on 11/25/2017 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

First let me say I am a dark skinned black woman with super oily skin. Heck you could fry chicken on it after a few hours with the amount of oil my sebaceous glands produce.

Well I wanted a light sheer coverage foundation, that I could use with my Ole Henricksen face wash, toner, Murad mattifier and Becca ever matte poorless priming perfector. With the help of Makeup Alley reviews I discovered Nars pure radiant tinted moisturizer in the color Polynesia (Dark 1).

This is that life you hear me. I went all day and my makeup stayed on point! Now my nose was a little shine by the end of the day, but my RiRi Fenty blotting powder took care of that asap. This is what I have been missing. If you want a fresh look, not too made up, natural glow by all means try this out. I do suggest you use a mattifier and primer along with a good face regiman if you have oily skin as this does not absorb oil. Yet this right here is 💯all day!

on 11/11/2017 4:19:00 AM

Bought this last month out of recommendation of my co-worker for the oncoming Aussie summer. Gave me a rash and severe acne all over my face that took several weeks to go away. Last night, I did a patch test on the inside of my elbow, and sure enough, rash. Never going near this again. HOWEVER, the day I did wear it on my face, it applied beautifully, and made me look like a summer goddess, so theres that.

on 10/27/2017 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use this is St. Moritz. I cant afford the full size so I use the travel size and sparingly.
The color match is awesome. It is a little heavy and so best for the fall/winter seasons. I find it pretty moisturizing and enjoy the feel of it when going on. Does not change color and doesn't get greasy looking.
However, the price is just too high. If this shade were available in the sheer glow foundation shades I would buy THAT and add moisturizer to it. But Nars can't make money from one that way. The second thing is the awful packaging. All of Nars packaging sucks tho.
Would I buy this again? I have again and again. It looks like my skin, and although it doesn't cover my skin issues (melasma ad=nd vitiligo) it evens out what it can and that's good enough. It doesn't clog my pores and doesn't smell like anything weird. I like it

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First, I have to say that I don't completely wear this alone. I mix equal parts this and Revlon colorstay. Revlon was my go-to foundation for longevity, oil control, and it's a great match. However, I find that my 30's skin is getting duller, drier, and there's some teeny fine lines creeping up on me! So I had to find something to mix in with it. I got a sample from Sephora and wore it the next day. Wow! I had a beautiful glow ( not greasy!) and it lasted all day! I just loved it so much that I splurged the $45 for it! It will last me a long time since I only use half of what I'd normally use. It's just soooo worth it!

on 10/25/2017 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this product. I have it in the lightest shade, and the color is quite beautiful -- it has a somewhat peachy, but neutral undertone, which is difficult to find in pale shades -- and it really brightens up the complexion. Coverage is light to medium and is buildable to a point. Wear is comfortable, though it doesn't replace a moisturizer (for reference, my skin is sensitive, quite dehydrated, but also acne prone due to hormones). All in all, upon first application, it looks very nice, though not the most natural, skin like finish. The finish itself is radiant matte, rather than greasy or altogether flat. It does, however, settle into lines and highlight dry patches despite my aggressive use of hydrating serum, facial oil and moisturizer. It's not a bad product, and if your skin texture is quite good but you're looking for something that will even out redness or discoloration, you will absolutely love this. However, I don't think it plays well with troubled skin texture, and it does look like makeup, which is not what I'm trying to achieve with a tinted moisturizer. The packaging is fine: a squeeze tube, rubberized in that Nars style that attracts dirt, and the price is what you'd expect from the brand. All in all, while this is a decent product that I will use up, it's not particularly great for my needs, especially for the price point, and I will not repurchase. Back to Korean BB Creams I go.

on 10/22/2017 2:02:00 PM

I've been using this for about two years now and it's easily my absolute favourite product. I've never been into the heaviness of a full foundation and this is just... Fantastic! It's like my skin but a thousand times better : the coverage is pretty light, but the way it reflects light just makes you look super fresh. I get compliments on my skin all the time and it's literally just this. I love you, Nars tinted moisturizer. Don't ever change.