Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Too Faced Beauty Balm- Vanilla Glow

3.0

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 5.0% Zinc Oxide 5.0% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Phytantriol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Boron Nitride, Glycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Palmitic Acid, Dextrin Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides.

on 4/10/2013 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really dislike this stuff. It does absolutely nothing on my skin. I wasn't expecting full coverage, but this hardly qualifies as tinted. It doesn't match me, somehow it just turns my face yellow without actually providing coverage I have a yellow undertone, but this is way too strong and dark. It is nothing like a true BB cream, and it's ridiculously expensive for what it is. I usually love Too Faced, but the only positive thing I can say about it is it doesn't really get shiny on me.

on 3/31/2013 3:23:00 PM

Sadly... expensive. On a good note, great consistency, yellow undertones and it doesn't make me break out! For this amount of money... I wanted to LOVE it... didn't happen. It is a decent bb cream but for almost $50... it needed to be worth it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Really didn't care for this product at all. It's basically a TM, has no coverage at all. It has a heavier feel, almost like foundation, and the finish is too dewy, really shiny, actually, and very sheer. Surprising since this is marketed for oily/combination skin. It didn't make me break out, but it didn't do any of the things other bb creams have done. Taking it back to Sephora, and if you're combination, oily, or acne prone, check out the Boscia bb cream. Much better, for the same price.

I got this as a sample from Sephora. I constantly struggle to find foundation that looks natural, but gives me enough coverage. I also have a lot of problems with breakouts when I use anything other than Bare Minerals or Clinique foundation. I am so glad I tried this out. It gives me enough coverage to know that I am wearing something, but does not look piled on, and I do not need powder with it. It has a tiny bit of shimmer that gives off a dewy look, which is excellent for summer wear. I plan on getting a regular size tube of this when I go to Sephora this weekend!

on 6/19/2012 6:11:00 PM

I am really middle of the road on this one...The color is nice (usually wear Estee Lauder Double Wear in Sand). Great as a primer but not so great on its own. Makes my face look like an oil slick and i HAVE to put powder on over it...which defeats the purpose of a BB Cream. Garnier's BB cream is 100x better for 1/2 the price!

Pros:
-Works as a foundation primer
-Color match
-SPF that doesnt break me out
-Easy to apply with Beauty Blender Sponge

Cons:
-Lack of coverage (light at best)
-Makes my face look oily/shiny
-Pricy for a tinted moisturizer
-Soaks into skin leaving no coverage after a few hours
-Requires foundation or powder over it - cannot be used alone

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I do have to say that I think this product is NOT for those looking for A. heavy coverage or B. Have lots of break outs or problem skin. You will not get the coverage you are looking for and for those with extremely oily skin, large pores, extreme redness or dryness I am not sure how this product will work for you. I am also not sure how this product works on older skin.

I think this product is best for those with fairly normal skin (mine is slightly oily and this is still great product for me) with no severe skin problems or issues and are just looking for light coverage and something to "enhance the skin."

If that is what you are looking for--this is perfect and an absolutely amazing product! So smooth and natural and the yellowish shade of the "vanilla glow" is perfect for my warm light skin tone--I have SUCH a hard time finding a warm shade that matches my fair but very gold tinted skin tone--so many products are too orange, or too pink and look ridiculous on fair but very warm/yellow/gold skinned toned ladies. (For those with more cool/pinkish skin tones, I am afraid this is not the shade for you--and their whole line looks pretty warm toned--but who knows, ask for a sample at sephora!)

I love the "dewiness" of this product--- but don't worry--when you first apply it actually looks more dewey then when it "sets"--my skin absorbs more of the product about 15 minutes after applying and the result is lovely! Even though my skin is slightly on the oily side I have not found the dewiness too much (that being said I do not apply any moisturizer in the morning as this is a moisturizing product!!) A quick blot or go over with BE or a light powder would do the trick for those who feel it is too "dewy."

My skin has never looked lovely! The actual coverage is just what I was looking for-- light to light/medium--so for those looking for medium to heavy coverage--this is NOT for you! But this is the first product that has evened out my skin tone, and actually provided the claimed "radiance" and "youthful glow" that so many foundations, primers, lotions, tinted moisturizers, etc. claim.

For me, it is worth the 38 dollar price tag and I will ABSOLUTELY purchase again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to love this but have not found any BB Cream that I've liked so far. The Sephora MA matched me as this color, I'm Estee Lauder Invisible 1N1 for reference. I have dry skin but this BB made my skin look oily even when I wore nothing under it, I looked like a oil slick. It was not flattering at all. I guess BB's just aren't for me. Bummer.

on 5/6/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

Love it! This is the best tinted moisturizer I've used thus far and I fear I'm coming to the end of my tube. Love that Too Faced uses great packaging - easy to work the product out. My skin feels and looks great and this is the first tinted moisturizer that fully delivers as I expect it to. Yay!