Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 19-24
Physicians Formula Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude paletteShimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow and Liner- Nude palette

2.7

on 2/27/2013 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

All the versions of these have really pretty colors HOWEVER the pigmentation in them doesn't stand up to what it looks like in the package. Definitely need a primer for these. Very shimmery almost metallic (in the smoky one) which is pretty cool, the texture is nice and packaging is verry cute. I wasn't terribly impressed but not all that disappointed.. It's a decent product for sure

UPDATE: Been trying to use this more.. I really DON'T like it. It literally takes like 5 minutes to get the color on your eye to where you can actually see it. I've come to not like the texture at all, its rough and reminds me of sand. It's really a shame because the colors look so pretty and very promising.

on 4/27/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Oh, Physician's Formula, dare I ask you if you've ever even HEARD of MATTE eyeshadow? Um, because I highly doubt it. :) So.....I have mixed feelings about this little palette. I've tried Shimmer Strips before, and I think the idea behind them is more to provide a subtle color to give the eyes a sheer glow, rather than giving them any definition at all. Well, I liked that...when I was in high school, and knew nothing about makeup. But now that I'm older and am much more adventurous and creative with my face, I'm just going to go right out and say it: I find products like this to be absolutely useless. I gave it a 2 because I DO like that they give you a black in this palette, because just a black exponentially heightens the versatility of a palette, and the number of looks you can create. The top four shades are almost all identical to each other, and give off very little pigmentation, if any at all (I must say though, I DO like the second one down; a nice glowy light champagne, not frosty like the others). You're really only going to get the pigmentation out of the bottom four shades, and those are the colors I use the most. I think it's dumb that there are three, count it, THREE shades of taupe in this palette, and THEY ALL LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME. Ugh. I also find that since all these shades have the same shimmer intensity, and the same cool tones, they tend to muddle together on the eye very easily, so the less you blend with these, the better. Overall, I can't say I would recommend this palette except to someone who doesn't wear eyeshadow at all, and would want to start with sheer neutrals. Even then, I would recommend a NYX palette over this suck-fest any day. Packaging is cute, but tacky. And it just baffles me that this and the UD Naked palette are even used in the same sentence together, let alone being compared to one another....

EDIT 11/4/2013: I upped my rating from a 2 to a 3. This palette's growing on me. :) Good for VERRRY early mornings when I'm so tired, I don't even know what the heck to slap on my eyeballs. This is good for that purpose, and with the shades in particular, it's practically foolproof. Doesn't pill or crease up when TFSI is used. Not the longest lasting by any means, but still a nice utility to carry around in your purse along with a sponge applicator. The lighter colors have a shimmer that's soft enough for cheekbone and Cupid's bow highlight.

on 2/26/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great palette has beautiful colors and the packaging is really cute the only downfall is that the eye shadow stripes are so narrow that it's hard to pick up just one color with a regular eye shadow brush you end up usually picking up two colors. Besides that I really do enjoy it, it was only $10 at WalMart. I wouldn't repurchase only because the stripes are so narrow and I can't use a normal sized brush if you're looking for a great neutral palette I'd say check it out but you may want to use your fingers.

Video Reviews & Tutorials