OPI A Sparkle Yule Love

3.0

1 review

on 12/10/2011 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

EDIT- Ugh, I had to come back and take another lippie off. I've only had this on for 2 days and it chipped terribly. All my other OPI nail polishes have been lasting 5-7 days. As difficult as it was to apply, and the lack of staying power, it's definitely not worth it.
ORIGINAL REVIEW- This is part of the Holiday 2011 collection. I found it at Ulta and fell in love on sight.
In the bottle, it appears to be a deep holiday red base with silver, green, and pink glitter. I have been really into the OPI glitters since I got Teenage Dream this past summer. That color was beautiful, applied well, and wore like iron on me.
I put this on both my toes and fingers. For some reason, it went on beautifully on my toes, but there were issues when applying to my fingers. It clumped up and got gunky on my fingers, and I had to go back multiple times and fix bad spots. I think it was because the glitter is pretty chunky, so it drags the polish around the nail in clumps.
There is a lot of glitter in this, so much so that it changes the base color a bit when it's on the nail. In the bottle, it looks like a deep red. On the nail it shows up as almost a bright fuchsia pink after 2 coats. I applied 3 coats, and wound up with something somewhat close to the deep red I was after. it still leans pink though.
I do like the color, but it is almost more effort than it's worth.

Popular Polishes