MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

MISSHA  Cho Bo Yang BB Cream
MISSHA MISA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++ 20ml

4.2

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate, Calcium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Diisostearyl Malate, TalcIron Oxides, Beeswax, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate Adenosine, Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, SilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

on 10/15/2012 11:58:00 AM

So far I am loving this product. It's the first BB crean I have tried after having done a lot of research. Have been using it for only a couple of weeks and day by day my skin is looking clearer and more even toned.
It actually does improve skin texture and minimizes/reduces large pores. I have sun damage (melasma-type spots on the sides of the face) and Cho Bo Yang seems to be helping the spots to fade as a result of the SPF 30 sunscreen while providing adequate coverage.

I'm pretty fair with light eyes and am using the lighter shade, #1, which has a yellowish tinge. This is great for those of us who need to correct redness around the nose and cheeks. The cream is somewhat thick, but tapping a small dab between two fingers warms it up, making it easy to apply. I can see that using too much could end up in a cakey look - the trick is to use a very small amount a little at a time, allowing it to melt into the skin. It has not caused any breakouts! Price-wise, it's not all that bad, since a tube can be ordered on Amazon for about $15 and you need to use so little. Plus - it replaces other products that you will no longer need, therein lies the savings!

I currently cleanse once at night with the OCM, use MUAC BHA and Mandelic acid peels weekly, low-cost Retinol and AHA/BHA serums (from Sally's) daily, and have recently added plain old, grocery store grapeseed oil to my arsenal since reading of its benefits on this indispensible site. My skin looks the best it has since I was ten. Now, that's saying something, since for most of my life I have routinely dealt with hormonal (sometimes cystic, painful) breakouts, the aftermath of scarring, excess oil, broken capillaries and large pores.

Recently, an aquaintance told me I have "beautiful skin" - my reaction was "...are you talkin' to me??'". I have to remind myself that it really does look better and I no longer have a blotchy, coarse-textured complexion punctuated by dark spots and gargantuan pores. It's not perfect, but possibly if I weren't so acutely self-conscious after years (uh, decades) of having to use mega-concealers, I might find it easier to believe. I highly recommend giving this a try - it's a wonderful product that addresses many concerns in a single application: acne/oil, large pores, offers realistic coverage, color correction and sun protection. It is helping me to feel more confident about my appearance - I love it and will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's OK, just OK. Is quite a thick cream and provides good coverage for a BB cream. Covers up my red patches and even under eye circles to some extent :)

I also don't like it because it's thick it feels greasy on my face and I kind of feel like I want to wash it off all day, it feels sticky, I wish it was matte. I have very oily skin and while it seems to prohibit the production of more oil I feel like the texture of the product is greasy in it self. If I touch my face on something during the day a greasy beige smudge will ensure, I don't like that I prefer thing that set to a matte finish on my face.

I initially got a sample of the lighter colour natural beige and the colour was way too light for me but I LOVED the product when I first tried it so got a full size in 2 the deeper calm beige colour. Well it came and still not a colour match it is a VERY COOL tone beige, both shades are very cool. It's not really my colour but it does counteract the red in my skin which is a plus. Looks very unnatural when I first apply but then sort of blends into my skin tone after 30 mins.

Apparently it has ingredients like "Pure Gold", "Velvet" and "Deer Antler" :/ I don't know how I feel about this. Crazy Asian products (I can say that cause I'm asian ;) I use a lot of skin actives that are well researched and proved, pure gold, velvet and deer antlers sound like a bit of a gimmick to me. I also had slight sensitivity at first but seems to have gone now. Maybe it was the deer antlers hahaha!

The other thing I need to mention is it is apparently whitening, like most asian products, I'm asian but grew up in australia so I like to be tanned not white :/ The good thing is I have found no whitening effects.

PROs
- 30+ SPF
- Nice Coverage.
- Actually covers my huge pores well.

CONs
- Thick and greasy.
- Gold, velvet and deer antlers

on 8/28/2012 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was so excited to receive some samples of this BB cream. It was my first experience of a BB cream and because of some of the great reviews I'd read I really expected to love this cream.

Alas, I found it be a little too dark (though I did get the lighter shade 1), a little too yellow and a little too dry (would be better for oily skin). I have dry, fair skin with pink undertones and would not recommend it for people with similar skin to myself.

I'm glad that I had samples to trial first. The hunt for MY perfect BB cream continues.

on 12/26/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Totally love it, the best BB/CC of all I have tried and believe me I tried many, mostly hi-end products like The History of Whoo, Hera, Sulwhasoo you name it. I was very reluctant about Missha because its skincare is less natural than, say, Whoo which I like better than Sulwhasoo. But I happened to find a full list of ingredients online in English and was totally sold because it happens to have ginseng water or extract or whatever in the second place and a good several dozens of other oriental miracle stuff. Can you believe that. It beats by far all western foundations claiming to have skincare properties. So I first purchased it in Natural Beige and 20 ml version. It comes thick but lovely emollient and blends well, I put it over Whoo balancer or even lotion when my skin is drier. I use my fingers. A little goes a long way, it doesn't cake up or crease, it is not too shiny but I prefer to settle it with powder. Color wise, 01 goes well with my fair pinkish-neutral skin (Dior 010-020 or MAC NW15), though I have also had some samples in the same 01 and they were much darker and had greyish tone to them and didn't suit me that well. Or did I think so at that moment? I am not very sure of color consistency between batches. Well, I was so impressed that I also purchased full 50ml versions in 01 and 02, for the summer time and am so excited for them to arrive. It is dirt cheap and if you love ginseng skincare, you should try it.

on 6/14/2012 9:45:00 AM

I use the Marcelle BB cream but it doesn't have sun protection so I thought I would try this one;

Pros
Sun protection
Good coverage
Very smooth ( I use the Beauty Blender to apply)
Doesn't cause breakouts
I ordered online and got lots of great little samples along with it!

Cons
What is up with the colour??
I am fair with Scottish/English/Irish colouring and it is still too light. I ordered the light thinking it would be good for my fair skin, it was too pale, so I ordered the dark to mix them and the dark alone is still too pale. I also noticed it has whitening properties in it, maybe it's an Asian thing. So if you are a woman of colour or have any colouring at all for that matter, this will be way too pale for you and pale in a greyish pale.

I'm thinking I might get a very dark foundation and mix a little in as it is a good product other than the colour.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

There are two things that I don't particularly like about this product, but overall I do still like it a lot. First of all, the shade range is crap. I use number 1, but it is a tiny bit too dark. The other thing is that it's more expensive than a lot of other BB creams, especially Missha's Perfect Cover. However, the coverage is far superior to Perfect Cover and it is also less oily. On some days I wear one or the other alone, and on others I mix them together. The latter is especially favorable on days when I need a little bit more coverage. Cho Bo Yang has no scent and it is a lot thicker than Perfect Cover; the coverage is definitely medium-heavy to heavy. I really wish they'd introduce more colors, especially one that's more like Perfect Cover in 13. If you're looking for a BB cream for oily skin or need a more long-lasting version, definitely try this one if you think you can find a good color match.

on 4/7/2012 1:39:00 PM

I love this cream!

I do not know about the skin care properties, but this is one great foundation.

I wear shade #1. It is just a tiny bit darker than my NC15 skin. A lovely, light beige.

It stays on and on and on!

I can just use blotting paper on top of it if need be.

I wear the tiniest amount. It is a bit thick so applying a tiny amount only can be challenging.

It looks great around my eye area, too, as it does not accentuate the fine lines.

The SPF is a great plus for me, too.

The only problem is it is not sold in my home country. Grr! I hear there are fake BB creams, too, so how do I know I will get a genuine one as I am not able to buy it from a shop and Misshas web store does not ship internationally?

BTW my sis uses this, too, and her skin looks better than EVER with ChoBoYang on!

EDIT: I will buy more! This is THE best foundation ever!

Having checked out Missha's marketing of this particular BB cream ("best for dry and/or sensitive skin," "works better in drier seasons"), I picked up a travel size tube of this for my mother when I repurchased my beloved Perfect Cover. I ended up trying it instead when my typically-oily skin went through a more sensitive and dry stage... and my poor mother never got to see that tube. The Cho Bo Yang is actually a little thicker than Perfect Cover, and the texture feels a little more dry - not what I was expecting in a BB cream advertised for dry skin. It absorbs oil well, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and generally lasts all day for me. Coverage is medium but can fairly easily be sheered down or built up, and it looks remarkably natural. I don't know that ingredients like "velvet and pure gold" (???) necessarily help my skin in any way, but it hasn't aggravated any skin issues or caused breakouts or reactions for me. It's quick and easy to apply with my fingers in the morning, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin when I've worn it. I love the squeeze tube - why don't more foundations use this packaging? The downsides... It is a bit expensive, with a $45.99 price tag for the 50ml size, but Missha does offer frequent promotions; I picked up a 50ml tube from the MisshaUS site recently for $9.99. And the shade range is extremely limited. I've been wearing shade 1 (Natural Beige), and it comes out of the tube almost a pale pinky-grey color. I was slightly horrified when I saw it, but somehow it adjusts well to my NW20 skin. I never thought I'd jump on the BB cream bandwagon - so few foundations actually last through my daily life (15-hour days, mostly working outdoors) without irritating my (sensitive, very breakout- and reaction-prone) skin, and I doubted BB creams would live up to the hype with their long lists of often bizarre ingredients. This and Perfect Cover have made a believer out of me.

on 4/5/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried a sample of Cho Bo in shade #21 thinking it might be a tiny bit too dark. For reference, I'm #13 in Missha's Signature BB, MAC NW10 (there abouts) or ghost. So, #21. Well, it is pretty darn pale, it seems to match my skin beautifully. Perhaps, if I were to be superpicky, it's a tiny, tiny bit on the dark side, but that's why we have something called "blending".....

I like this BB cream. A lot.

I have dry/combo, acne prone, slightly red, pinky, hyper pigmented, annoyingly imperfect skin, with visible pores. Hell yes, I've got it all going on, aren't I lucky?

But, Cho Bo... She evens, covers, moisturises, hides my pores. I'm left with a natural, refined, velvety finish that dries & doesn't feel sticky. You could get away with not powdering. It doesn't grab on to dry patches, it doesn't look cakey, it's even & has great medium to high coverage. Bear in mind, this was only one coat applied using a flat-headed brush & by using about a pea-sized amount. It's exceptional. I would definitely recommend if you have dry/combination skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I waited a couple months before I wrote this review just to make sure - but this is my favourite BB cream out in the market :D

I've tried quite a few - especially the Asian BB creams (from Dr G, to BRTC, to Estee Lauder, Skin79 etc) and I absolutely love this one!

I have NC25/C3.5 skin for reference and No 2 Calm Beige is a good match for my skintone (the best I've ever found in terms of BB creams), moreso in the cooler months. When I start to tan I use a darker setting powder to offset any paleness.

It has a medium-full coverage (depending on how you layer it) and really covers all my redness, blemishes and scarring (I don't have a lot of this but I find it really smooths everything out). It has quite a thick matte consistency which is also good for my combination skin. I set this with powder and it looks really natural on.

A problem that I've had with other BB creams is that they tend to oxidise and leave a grey cast. I haven't had this problem really at all with this - which is fantastic!

My old HG BB cream is Missha Signature Real Complete which I used to love - I alternate between the two but I find myself reaching for this one a lot more.

EDIT July 2014: after over 1 year of use I still love this BB cream but I do find it that it does get a bit ashy by the end of the day. I find myself reaching for my Missha Signature Real Complete a lot more if I feel like using a BB cream I have downgraded one lippy because of this