LUSH Rose Jam

LUSH Rose Jam

3.1

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

No no no no no.

Rose Jam is a fantastic scent in the bath and shower forms. But as a fragrance, Lush really screwed things up. They did something to the formula that makes this fragrance come across smelling more like a scented candle than the Rose Jam we all know and love. It's also a strong scent...obnoxiously strong, bordering on horrendous. It's one of the few things that I regret purchasing from Lush. I won't even give it away and subject someone else to this--it's heading straight for the trash bin.

If you're thinking about buying this, I STRONGLY recommend you smell it in person before spending a dime on it, because if you're expecting it to smell just like the yummy shower gel, you're going to be very disappointed.

Sadly, when I smelled the body spray of this variant, it reminded me a lot of a clean bathroom smell and not a body spray at all. Like it was just a bathroom cleaner smell. Would not be purchasing this again. I felt like it was a waste of money.

This review is for the Body spray.
Iove the rose jam shower gel so I thought I'd love this body spray. No. No. No.
This spray was disgusting, overpowering and very overwhelming. The initial 2 seconds was ok but after that, the scent is very strong and offensive. It leaves behind a sorta burnt smell that makes me feel sick. I wore this to work one day and felt so nauseated throughout the day. I ended up returning this. The packaging is big and bulky and the one size isn't convenient.

on 12/11/2017 11:59:00 PM

This is a rating for the Rose Jam body spray.

I LOVE this scent, but it is entirely too strong in this body spray form. It smells super sweet and works perfectly to scent an entire room or closet, but it is headache inducing on the skin or hair. I love that it is long lasting, but I find Amelie Mae a lighter alternative!

on 10/10/2017 10:49:00 AM

Spent $80.00 to have this sent from the U.K.worth every penny

on 9/26/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the limited edition solid version, made for/by Lush Kitchen. I absolutely adore the Rose Jam scent, and I was lucky to snatch up one of these before they quickly sold out. I was thrilled to see (smell?) that it was the exact same scent as the shower gel even in this solid perfume form, and I kept opening it up and smelling it over and over again. I'm usually not even a fan of rose scents, but this one is a gorgeous blend of rose and lemon, sweet and zingy. I love that I can take a shower using Rose Jam, and then make sure that the scent lingers even longer by adding a bit of perfume after stepping out of the shower. As for longevity, it's performs alright. Better than the Karma solid perfume, in my opinion, but probably not as long lasting as the liquid version (which I haven't tried myself, by the way). Giving how easy this is to pop in your bag and reapply through the day I don't see the longevity as a problem either way.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ I love the concept of solid perfumes for life on-the-go. No worrying about glass bottles shattering.
+ THE best rose scent out there. It's neither overwhelmingly floral nor grandma-esque
+ I guess this is praise for the Lush Kitchen in general and not just this product, but I love the idea of getting your products literally right out of the kitchen. This was shipped to me the same day it was (hand) made and arrived to my home, in Sweden, just a few days later.
+ Easy to open tin (screw cap, not one of those horribly tricky tins that they sell their lip balms in.)
+ Reasonably priced at £9. Their regular solid perfumes are I believe are £8 for 12g. However, the website says this one had 20g, and I thought the tin looked like it contained more product than the Karma one, but the tin still says 12g? Possibly a typo, and in case there actually is 20g in the tin, then that's an even better price!

- Limited edition, which means that the day I run out of this will truly be a sad day
- Fades a little quicker than I'd like it to, which is the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5/5 review.

The Rose Jam is one of my Favorite LUSH perfumes! Its a cross between Rose, Citrus, and Red Berry Jam. I give this product a 10 out of 10 as I love how I smell and feel when I wear this. It's youthful and feminine while being sweet and sexy all at the same time. It's a scent that appeals to foodies and those that love sweet floral fragrances. I love it and pair it with the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, Pearl Massage Bar, and Rose Jam bubble bar with the same name. This perfume is different and uniquely LUSH. PS: The compliments will come from men and women of all ages when you wear this scent.

on 2/1/2016 11:03:00 AM

FAVOURITE lush scent, I'm so in love with this product.

on 12/7/2013 2:03:00 PM

I'm a fan of LUSH perfumes, and also enjoy many floral scents. So I was a little disappointed in the promising Rose Jam. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, as I've never sniffed the shower gel. But in all the LUSH scents I've ever tried, I'd place Rose Jam somewhere in the middle.

As the previous review mentions, I get a weird burnt chemical smell along with the rosey sweetness. It's only in the drydown when I can really enjoy this scent, when the burnt smell dissipates and I'm left with a softened sweet honey rose.

For a rose LUSH perfume, I prefer Imogen Rose in the regular lineup. It's less sweet, more powdery, and no weird chemical undertones. Plus, it can be purchased all-year round and sampled in-store or online!

on 12/29/2013 7:19:00 AM

Whoever made this must have never smelled the other Rose Jam products-Rose Jam shower gel is warm, soothing and bright. The first spray of this is obnoxious, bitter and very much an old, artificial "Rose" scent. It's so disappointing. Wait 45 minutes and it mellows into a scent that resembles Rose Jam, and becomes quite pleasant. My boyfriend gifted me this for Christmas, knowing how much I love the shower gel. For that reason, I really want to to use it- I just make sure I apply a little bit well before I start my day, and try to not breathe in too deeply until it settles down. Such a shame!

Popular Fragrances