LUSH Rose Jam

3.5

on 9/26/2016 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the limited edition solid version, made for/by Lush Kitchen. I absolutely adore the Rose Jam scent, and I was lucky to snatch up one of these before they quickly sold out. I was thrilled to see (smell?) that it was the exact same scent as the shower gel even in this solid perfume form, and I kept opening it up and smelling it over and over again. I'm usually not even a fan of rose scents, but this one is a gorgeous blend of rose and lemon, sweet and zingy. I love that I can take a shower using Rose Jam, and then make sure that the scent lingers even longer by adding a bit of perfume after stepping out of the shower. As for longevity, it's performs alright. Better than the Karma solid perfume, in my opinion, but probably not as long lasting as the liquid version (which I haven't tried myself, by the way). Giving how easy this is to pop in your bag and reapply through the day I don't see the longevity as a problem either way.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ I love the concept of solid perfumes for life on-the-go. No worrying about glass bottles shattering.
+ THE best rose scent out there. It's neither overwhelmingly floral nor grandma-esque
+ I guess this is praise for the Lush Kitchen in general and not just this product, but I love the idea of getting your products literally right out of the kitchen. This was shipped to me the same day it was (hand) made and arrived to my home, in Sweden, just a few days later.
+ Easy to open tin (screw cap, not one of those horribly tricky tins that they sell their lip balms in.)
+ Reasonably priced at £9. Their regular solid perfumes are I believe are £8 for 12g. However, the website says this one had 20g, and I thought the tin looked like it contained more product than the Karma one, but the tin still says 12g? Possibly a typo, and in case there actually is 20g in the tin, then that's an even better price!

- Limited edition, which means that the day I run out of this will truly be a sad day
- Fades a little quicker than I'd like it to, which is the only thing keeping me from giving it a 5/5 review.

The Rose Jam is one of my Favorite LUSH perfumes! Its a cross between Rose, Citrus, and Red Berry Jam. I give this product a 10 out of 10 as I love how I smell and feel when I wear this. It's youthful and feminine while being sweet and sexy all at the same time. It's a scent that appeals to foodies and those that love sweet floral fragrances. I love it and pair it with the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner, Pearl Massage Bar, and Rose Jam bubble bar with the same name. This perfume is different and uniquely LUSH. PS: The compliments will come from men and women of all ages when you wear this scent.

on 2/1/2016 11:03:00 AM

FAVOURITE lush scent, I'm so in love with this product.

on 12/29/2013 7:19:00 AM

Whoever made this must have never smelled the other Rose Jam products-Rose Jam shower gel is warm, soothing and bright. The first spray of this is obnoxious, bitter and very much an old, artificial "Rose" scent. It's so disappointing. Wait 45 minutes and it mellows into a scent that resembles Rose Jam, and becomes quite pleasant. My boyfriend gifted me this for Christmas, knowing how much I love the shower gel. For that reason, I really want to to use it- I just make sure I apply a little bit well before I start my day, and try to not breathe in too deeply until it settles down. Such a shame!

on 12/7/2013 2:03:00 PM

I'm a fan of LUSH perfumes, and also enjoy many floral scents. So I was a little disappointed in the promising Rose Jam. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, as I've never sniffed the shower gel. But in all the LUSH scents I've ever tried, I'd place Rose Jam somewhere in the middle.

As the previous review mentions, I get a weird burnt chemical smell along with the rosey sweetness. It's only in the drydown when I can really enjoy this scent, when the burnt smell dissipates and I'm left with a softened sweet honey rose.

For a rose LUSH perfume, I prefer Imogen Rose in the regular lineup. It's less sweet, more powdery, and no weird chemical undertones. Plus, it can be purchased all-year round and sampled in-store or online!

on 12/5/2013 1:03:00 PM

Augh! I so wanted to like this as I am obsessed with the shower gel and the argan oil versions of this. Sadly this smells nothing like either to my nose. There was just something very...strange about the perfume. It had a strange bitter, chemically note mixed with the rose/sugary sweetness to it that was beyond off putting. Sadly the dry down was no better. It was just as strange and chemically as the initial spritz and a lot of the sweetness was lost as well. Not to mention the packaging looked so cheap, regular square perfume bottle with a LUSH sticker slapped on it. Blah.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

My all time favorite shower gel. I can't help but use it every time I take a shower(which I probably shouldn't be doing since its limited edition). Rose is one of my favorite smells/flavors and it smells just like the rose jam I get from my local farmers market. It does smell like fresh roses and a little bit of honey so if you're not a fan of either smells I would not recommend this. It lathers good enough, and you don't need too much to get clean. It is a bit pricy, but If you love the strong smell of fresh cut roses and don't mind paying the extra money, then you will more than likely like this.

on 4/22/2013 10:34:00 AM

Love this, such a sweet, rosey perfumey sort of smell! Would buy again and definately recommend!

I'm a huge fan of rose scents and have sampled versions from everyone from L'Occitane to L'artisan Perfumeur. In the end I was happiest with Lush's Rose Jam because it strikes that balance between being fresh and juicy yet stops just before it gets too sweet. Not powdery, not overripe, fun, doesn't take itself too seriously yet is obviously made with high quality ingredients. The "rose jam" name is completely accurate as I get a ton of strawberry jamminess.

Like all Lush fragrances, I wish the 1oz bottles would be a little nicer (e.g. tighter seal, more permanent labeling) but it's nice to know that the cost doesn't come from fancy packaging.

on 11/19/2011 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Rose Jam doesn't work for me. You have to be a FULL ON rose lover to appreciate this one....It's very potent, mostly rose, a touch of green....not my thing. I do get the honeyed / jammy notes but they are way in the background and the green / herbal aspect overpowers the jammy goodness. It is powerful as all getout so once you've sprayed it, expect it to hang around on your skin for quite some time!

I had hoped it would have the honeyed rose goodness of Parfumerie Generale's (sp?) Brulure de Rose, but alas, the PG is far superior to Lush's Rose Jam

Popular Fragrances