Chanel Illusion D'Ombre - Illusoire

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre - Illusoire

4.1

ISODODECANE, POLYSILICONE-11, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, PETROLATUM, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, BUTYL ACRYLATE/HYDROXYPROPYL/DIMETHICONE ACRYLATE COPOLYMER, TALC, SILICA, PHENOXYETHANOL, TIN OXIDE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE [ - (MAY CONTAIN) CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER), CI 77707 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS), CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), MICA] IL30A-III

on 3/22/2017 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Have you ever gotten obsessed with someone's makeup on television and then spent an hour in Ulta, getting increasingly sweaty and dizzy under the lights, and in the end, you're unable to find it? No? I'm glad I'm not the only one.

For me, it was Abby McCarthy's eye makeup in Girlfriends Guide to Divorce. She would close her eyes, and there would be this gorgeous wash of something shimmery, mauve, taupey, magical, all the way from lash line to above the crease. I used to have a Flower cream eyeshadow that looked like that, and when I dug it out, it was crumbling, and natura, discontinued.

After a lot of work (when I should have been actually working,) I came across this group of Chanel shadows, and specifically this color. And....it's very close. It's a beautiful, coolish, mauve with gray and taupe undertones. It's got that spongy, springy texture. I use it as a wash over UD primer, and it lasts about ten hours with very little fallout. It's not a glitter bomb, but the shimmer is noticeable. I am NC-40 and tend to shy away from cool tones, but this is beautiful, and I think it would be versatile depending on the look you were after. If you like those unusual shades (By Terry Misty Rock-looking at you,) you may like this quite a lot. It comes in the little Chanel jar with a screw lid-I haven't had it long enough to speak to its longevity. It's expensive, it's Chanel. Would I repurchase? I'm not sure-the quality is worth it, but it's not a staple.

on 6/20/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ordered this online based on other reviews here and I wish I'd had a similar positive experience, but alas, not so much. I bought this in the hopes that it would be a good replacement for my all-time favorite cream shadow--Cle de Peau's brown (long since discontinued). It has an iridescent purple-brown sheen, and swatches of Illusoire seemed promising. However, when I received and opened this, I was shocked to find a chunky, glittery mess that seemed to be a dry shadow--the top had cracks in it and so I pressed my finger into it and encountered that yucky, spongy texture other reviewers have spoken of. Confused as to whether I had received the right product, I turned the pot over in my hand, and "plop!" the nickel-sized shadow fell out in one piece and ended up in my bathroom sink and sat there looking like a large gumdrop. Needless to say I scooped it up, put it back in the packaging and sent it back for my $36 refund. I guess I'm done with this formula of Chanel cream shadow.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I love cream eyeshadow. But I do not think that I enjoyed the formula from Chanel. It is very pretty, spongey texture. Very sheer but buildable. Lot of sparkles. Good for people whom enjoyed very subtle, "no makeup" effort on eye lid.
I simply enjoyed my cream eyeshadow as a base without the need to build it up.
Will not repurchase until there is new formula launch that is less sparking and more opaque.

Asian
NC20-25

on 2/26/2014 12:08:00 PM

Beautiful, beautiful colour. I watched a video of Lisa Elderidge and saw her using this colour. It is a very sophisticated colour, especially with my hazel/greenish eyes. You can use it for every occasion. For keeps!

on 2/4/2014 5:18:00 PM

Off to the department store I went to go buy Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation as I was out (will leave a foundation at a later time), and once I was color-matched by the SA, she asked if I used eye shadow. I told her I do not regularly, but we both agreed it didn't hurt to give it a try.

I told her I wanted a taupey-mauvey colour, and I think she chose the exact colour I was looking for. Depending on the lighting, it's a taupe-mauve-grey colour with shimmer.

The few dabs that she put on my lids made such a difference in my look, and really brought depth to my eyes. To my surprise, all that sparkle did not make me look like a disco ball, and I find it very appropriate for all occasions, including work, and during the day. I can't say that I love a lot of packaging, but Chanel produced a very elegant glass pot for this beautiful, buildable shadow.

PROS:

- buildable - can be a very light layer, or an intense one on your lids
- the shimmer adds depth as opposed to sparkles all over your eyes
- this colour is truly beautiful, and I can only see it being a universal colour that is appealing on all
- texture is very soft, almost spongy on the touch, and easy to apply
- great packaging, and I think there's a lot of product in the pot

CONS:

- I agree with many that it does not last very long. If I apply many layers, it will last me until the end of the day, but it usually fades by the afternoon, and leaves slight shimmer, but not much colour. Note that I do not wear primer
- Is quite expensive for something I do not wear daily

TIPS:

- Wear primer, maybe? Or don't dust your eyelids with powder before, perhaps leave it with your moisturizer/sunscreen so it can stick better
- I find that dabbing my finger and applying (also by dabbing) is more effective and intense, versus sliding my finger on the surface of the product and sliding it on my eyelids.

on 1/22/2014 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

When I bought this eyeshadow last year I thought I had added another HG to my make up collection. The shade is a dazzling combination of grey and purple and you can achieve a smokey eye in 5 minutes flat. Really flattering and unique, not your usual grey and in an interesting formula, a hybrid between soft cream and powder. Acceptable lasting power if used with UDPP. Fast forward six months and the shade seems to have lost its pigmentation making it quite sheer and impossible to build up. Very disappointed. Wish they made smaller pots because you're never going to use it up in enough time before the magic has gone. Buy it and share it with a friend!

on 12/19/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This and the Emerville colour is probably the better out of the collection. This e/s is as others have mentioned a purple with silver sparkles. Regardless of how much i like this colour and the feel of the e/s (silky smooth texture that is so easy to blend and apply), it does crease in a few hours. Similar to the other 2 colours that i own, it also dried up after a few months of purchase and was useless. For this reason, I will not repurchase.

on 10/7/2013 7:27:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I love the color so two lippies but that's it. It doesn't last. The shimmer stays and color fades by noon. I'm not going to layer a cream shadow with a primer. I use cream shadows because they're easy, faster to apply and they stay on. This does not deliver.
Also I lost the little loose lid in between the pot and the main lid and the product shrivelled up inside the pot. It's not practical at all.

on 10/6/2013 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Considering the beautiful colour that is in the pot, I was hoping that would translate the same on the lids, it doesn't. This looks dark purple in the pot, but on the lids it looks more silver grey with tiny shimmers running through it.

I used it with and without a base (mac soft ochre) and found it lasted okay, but it's not as opaque as I would have hoped considering the high price tag, I'd rather wear a loreal infallible over this. The base helped the colour show up more, but it does really look more like grey/silver shimmers than anything else.

This is a very pretty sparkly purple colour glides on well whether applied with a brush or finger. However considering the cost and the brand, the staying power is not great - applied at 6am - creasing and gone by 10am. You can get cheaper options that work better. Disappointed.