Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil spray

Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil spray
Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil spray

Cyclomethicone, C-12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Argan Oil, Parfum, Cocoa Seed Butter, Shea Butter, Red 17, Yellow 11

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This looked great in the store when I tried the tester. It made my hair look shinier but when I bought it and actually tried to use it on a frizzy hair day, it did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Wasted my money.

on 11/8/2015 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have been trying out and testing many different brands of dry oils ever since falling in love with ION's Keratin Dry Oil Mist. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Weightless Healing Dry Oil is definitely the lightest dry oil I've found on the market yet. I have thick hair (quantity) but it's fine (texture). This dry oil moisturizes without weighing my hair down. Those of you with coarse hair might want to steer clear of it & opt for something a bit heavier/greasier.

The ingredient list is very simple. I was a bit concerned about C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate being on the list. I ALWAYS research ingredient lists before purchasing. It is definitely important to learn the science behind ingredients. After a bit of googling, I learned that C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate is simply an emulsifier/thickener agent. The reason I was so suspicious of it is because this dry oil is litterally dry. It is VERY light weight and dissappears quickly. Yes it gives my hair shine, and yes it moisturizes my hair. But after a minute of applying, I can't feel it on the surface on my hair. Rubbing alcohol shoved into cheap products tends to do that. It acts as a drying agent to make formulas more lightweight. But again, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate is not cleverly disguised isopropyl no worries there.

Nothing else on the ingredient list concerned me. There's a lot of silicone in this to give the hair slip, followed by Argan oil and a few more silicones. Parfum is last on the list thankfully.

I'll opt for this on days I cowash. NO it's not my favorite dry oil, however I definitely would prefer a dry oil be a tad too light than a tad too heavy.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/4/2015 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Picked this up on a whim when I was on vacation and I'm amazed! Makes my hair very soft and shiny, and it's the first great affordable hair product I have used, definitely worth a try!

on 7/13/2015 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this spray for a show that I was recently in. I needed to "slick" my hair back into a bun, and it needed to be as shiny and smooth as possible. Along with some hairspray, this product certainly did the job. I would just liberally apply it and smooth my hair back as I went. The result was very shiny hair indeed!

Now, for every day use, this product is good but not my all time favorite. I spray this on the ends of my hair after straightening, and then I just brush through my hair. A little goes a long way, and it would be pretty easy to over-apply this and make your hair appear to be greasy. For that reason, I am afraid to just spray over my entire head. I don't feel like this product makes my hair appear "healthy" just shiny, if that makes any sense. I also haven't noticed any major long term benefits to using this.
I will continue to use but I'm not sure if I will repurchase once I run out.

on 2/17/2015 2:49:00 PM

Love this for winter! My hair is thin and straight, and winter makes it fizzy and static-y! I use a few drops and work it into my hair after a shower, then after a while when it's just a little damp, I blow dry on low/warm. Gives my hair bounce and life, and I feel like it's protected from the harshness of the blowdryer. Plus, I've gotten compliments on how nice my hair smells!

on 1/2/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Organix argan oil contains:argan oil,kernel oil,cacao seed butter,coconut oil,avocado! All that in one oil! There was another one in organix but there were only argan oil in it! This is why i've picked this one! I pair it with la coupe argan oil smoothing shampoo and conditioner. As for the organix argan oil it detangles the hair,it leaves them silky smooth and shinny! Love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this stuff! I have very thin hair( although I have a lot of it) and this is the 1st oil type of product I have ever been able to use. It doesn't weigh down my hair, and for the 1st time in awhile my hair has a really nice look and feel. I was really surprised by this product!

on 7/31/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand the bad reviews? For the price compared to other brands with argan oil, this is decent! I like Sally's brand better, but this stuff works well for me! You don't need to use a lot... Just a little and it tames frizzy-ness and makes my hair shiny! Doesn't make it too much softer than it already is which is why I gave it 4 stars, but it doesn't dry it out or anything. If I shower and have trouble brushing out my long hair, I use this and it is a great detangler!! I don't dye my hair and usually don't use heat on it (I go natural unless I'm going out) and my hair is naturally wavy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Just so that you understand my point of view on this product I have:

Color: Dark brown (naturally darker on top and gets lighter)
Length: almost at my waist
Texture: very thin, but I have A LOT of hair
Type: normal on top, but gets dry at the bottom
Others: I don't use heat on it very much since my hair is very straight and easy to style.

I absolutely love this product. I was on the hunt for a good dry oil, since all of my many oils are in a pump. I don't mind it too much, but I much prefer the spray bottle. Where I live (Mtl) it was 6,99$, which I find is a very good price, looking at other oils, like the Moroccanoil. I have had the Moroccanoil, just before and to me, it's almost as good. And so much cheaper. I see the Moroccanoil one at 60.00$+ sometimes, and to me, it's a lot for an oil.

How I use it: I don't spray it directly on my head. I spray one spray, which is enough, on the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and but it on my hair. I don't use it on my scalp, since we have natural oils there.

Many people wonder why their ends are dry and less healthy than the top of their head. The answer to that is that the hair gets it's nutriment and all the good stuff from the blood. When you have longer hair, all those oils and nutriment don't get to the end of your hair. That is why we do not need to put oils on the top of our head and why are ends are usually less healthy than the top.

If you have any beauty related question, especially hair and makeup questions, you can always email me and I'll be more than happy to answer if I can:)

on 6/4/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

smells amazing
soften my hair

that's all you need to know.
(also the fact that argan oil
-calms frizzy ends
-adds moistur and a little shine e to dry hair
-helps protect your locks from the heat)

now go and buy it!