L'Oreal Owl's Night

L'Oreal Owl's Night
Owl's Night

on 10/24/2011 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is stunning! Very cool depth to the shimmer within the polish. Two coats of this with a topcoat of Nubar 2010 flakie polish turned out to be one of the prettiest autumn manicures I've ever done!

on 10/11/2011 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Stunning color.Lousy polish.Tip wear by the end of 1 day.Formula kind of hard to work with.Chunky/Streeky.Ok if you are willing to put up with that.I am not.

This a review for Owl's Night. It's a medium-dark olive green with gold microglitter, and it seems to have some micro black particles in there as well. It has that "camo green" look to it. I think it's a nice, edgy fall color, but I'm sure there are plenty of dupes for it (or maybe this is one a dupe?) ... I think it looks nicer in the bottle than on the nails, too; I'll probably use this more for layering with other polishes than alone. I paid about $5 for it, which is not bad. I change polish frequently, so I can't speak to its longevity. The brush is just ok ... I've used better and I've used worse.
EDITED 10/4: Not sure how it happened, but this is now one of my favorite fall colors .. if I had to pick just one color to use all fall and even winter, this could be it. It actually looks amazing on the nail, whereas I'd earlier said it looked better in the bottle. It's a fairly deep olive, but the microshimmer (I won't even use the word "microglitter because it's not like glitter at all) is perfect ... some gold, and I think even a little black or dark brown-ish microshimmer. Very edgy, with almost an industrial feel to it, but very sexy at the same time IMHO. Really, this could be the new black as far as I'm concerned. I can see this paired with just about any color (clothing) except maybe pastels. Never have done this, but I think I will be buying a back-up bottle of this.

Popular Polishes