Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

This stuff is horrible. I have combo skin leaning oily in the summer. Thought I'd give this a go since my too faced bb cream shade discontinued. Upon application I noticed how patchy and thick it was. Once I finally got it blended within 5 min looking in the mirror I had the worst dry patches around my nose, cheeks, and forehead. I obviously did not use this product again, however 3 days later my skin is still dry from using this. Trying to get it back to its normal state. Would not recommend !

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So, I'll start out with the outside. The packaging is ok, its the signature green Clinique color. I actually like it, its easy to use. You can just squeeze out the amount that you need. So now for the actual product. First thing I notice is that it is kind of a thick consistency. Usually I will squeeze some out onto the top of my hand and mix it around. Then I will take my finger and put it all around my face and use a Beauty Blender to blend out on my face. I like the way it looks. I wear shade 2 and it matches my skin color really good. It has a nice finish. I do feel like it oxidizes a little tiny bit but it does not make me look orange. Its not so thick that I really notice when its on my face. I like that it helps lighten dark spots on my face and it really does work in doing that. Also I had no break outs. It does have really good coverage for a BB cream. I feel like if you have really dry skin it will probably make it noticeable but I don't have dry skin right now. I really do like it a lot but i'm not in love with it. I'm still on the hunt for my HG BB cream but I will keep using this for now. It is a great product so I would say to give it a try and it does have good benefits for you skin especially the SPF30. Clinique claims that this can be used as a primer but I wear a primer under this. Also it is a bit expensive at $38.

To Read all 139 Reviews, Login or Join

I brought a tester of this one home.

So, I'm usually 3w in warmth but during Winter I'm a bit more pale but with red (dry) cheeks.
I got the shade 02, which matches my Winter skin nicely.
And, I have combo-skin, dry and oily and normal at the same time...wihooo..

To make it short:
Pros:
+ Nice smell (almost like.. no smell at all :)
+ I like the packaging. I imagine there would not be much leakage.
+ Goes on easy
+ Feels light on skin
+ Great staying Power :) some BB's make you feel slick within an hour. This one did not, yes, my nose would get shiny bc it produces sebum yadayada, but it would look natural and not off-turning and the BB this not end up patchy och running (huge pro imho)

Cons:
- It sits in wrinkles. I says it will not ...but it does. I usually never put makeup in my front head because of hairstyle/wrinkles/flakyskin. Buuuut I tried this on my fronthead anyways (I'm trying to find a BB that could work as a sunscreen during summer, therefore it should work alright to put on the front) it did show those wrinkles up.
- Not that moisturizing, which is both good and bad! But for the wrinkles in my dry/oily forehead it might have been nice with something more sitting. haha. Sorry for my English.
- Talking about flaky skin. I experienced that it kind of clung onto any skin flake, making it show more :(

I continue my hunt....

Price:
+ Normal for a BB Cream of that pricerange (not upper-shelf but not drugstore)

on 1/5/2016 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Breaks me out while simultaneously dries me out.

It's okay, not a big fan . The finish is okay but I wearit with primer or else it doesn't go on extremely smooth. The colour is ok. Not a bad product, but I have to figure out first if bb creams are what I like. I more of a liquid foundation or mineral foundation person

on 5/30/2015 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

In winter, I use Clinique's Perfectly Real Makeup. When it became warmer out, I decided to by their BB cream, as Clinique's products always are gentle enough for my sensitive skin. The BB cream has a mousse-like texture, and has moderate coverage for a BB cream. The first day I used it, it was extremely hard to blend. I was left with an uneven application with powder caked onto my face in a vain effort to try to even my skin tone. When I used the Perfectly Real Makeup, I used a sunscreen and primer under my makeup, but with the BB cream, I did not use a primer or sunscreen as it would be hot in the sticky summer heat. The next day, I applied my regular spf 70 under the BB cream, and it blended like a dream. That day was hot, but the BB cream did not move. Here is what I wore with the BB cream that day: 1. Moisturizer 2. Sunscreen 3. BB cream 4. Powder in the t-zone 5. NYX setting spray (3 spritzes.) Nothing budged or smudged onto the collar of my shirt. It left a natural looking finish and all of the layers felt light on my face. I learned that you must have extremely moisturized and smooth skin for this to work. My mistake was an easy one to fix, just apply moisturizer liberally before applying and put the BB cream on soon after you have moisturized before it has completely soaked in.

TEXTURE:
Thick and Mousse-like
Satin-like when dried

PROS:
Does not move
Lightweight
Moderate coverage-but lets my complexion peek through in a natural way
Skin naturally glows- satin finish

CONS:
Does not blend well unless skin is well-moisturized - Make sure the moisturizer has not completely soaked in yet when you apply the BB cream!

FINAL THOUGHTS:
This BB cream is great for days when it is super hot and sticky out and you want a natural, polished look. I would buy this BB cream again.

on 5/11/2015 9:00:00 AM

This product is NOT WORTH IT. I hate applying skin makeup with my fingers so I had to make do with a stippling brush. This stuff does NOT work with beauty sponges. The finish of this bb cream is terrible - it's extremely obvious that I was wearing makeup. It went cakey in less than an hour, and felt oily and thick on my skin (it has a mousse texture). If you want a bb cream that smooths out the skin, and has reasonable coverage and a beautiful finish, stick with Korean bb creams, like the one from Laneige or Innisfree. I love Clinique, but this is unfortunately a horrible product.

I bouth this product in the summer... and really regret about it. The only good think was the color was matching me well. And it is the only possitive thing. It is so thick, hard to blend. It was so difficult to finish it... the was I gave to one friend but she also didn't like the product. It is just the worst way to spent 27 euros. I will never buy again

on 4/17/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE my BB cream! I used to hate wearing any type of liquid based makeup because of how oily it made my skin feel - this dries and works better for oil control more than any powder has ever worked for me in the past. I love wearing it underneath my Clinique stay-matte makeup. I have extremely oily skin and putting these two on my skin in the AM offers me at least 8 hours of being oil-free!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I would say this BB cream is very thick, i usually have to add half a pump of moisturiser so i can rub it around my face easily. My face feels quite sticky after this step, i would say the coverage could be built up to a medium coverage. It's good if you are in a rush and want a quick tint to the skin