Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating FoundationSmashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 2/15/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have normal mature skin in decent shape, meaning that I don't have any obvious lines and no wrinkles. This foundation provides medium coverage, but even though it says "hydrating" I think it's best or younger or oilier skins. I don't find it particularly hydrating when I apply it with a burnishing foundation brush or beauty blender or fingers. It does NOT stand up to dry moderate Florida humidity even with a setting spray (Milani), and gets quite mask-y and enhances any facial sag or laugh lines after a few hours wear. It's not the worst foundation I've used, but I won't rebuy. I much prefer Dermablend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Although I've only just recently bought this product and have only used it a few times I do think this is a good foundation. It has a medium coverage with potential to build up to a full coverage while also not feeling too cakey on the skin. The hydrating quality of the foundation also gives the skin an overall natural look to it with a satin/matte finish.
The thing I like most about this foundation is 1-that it doesn't 'set' too quickly and therefore gives you time to blend out evenly without becoming patchy and sink nicely onto the skin and 2- it really does last hours and hours on end without becoming patchy.

on 2/5/2018 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Full-coverage, nice, natural-matte looking finish. Medium consistency. Great packaging. It doesn't cling to dry patches. It dries very quickly on the skin. It applies wonderfully over *only* a silicone primer.

However, if you are, like me, someone who applies multiple layers of moisture on their skin as part of their skincare routine, this foundation is not for you - it applies horribly over very moisturized skin. Again, this is probably due to the fact that it dries very quickly - it doesn't blend in with your products, it simply sits on top of them, which can cause it to pil up in certain areas of your skin due to the movement underneath it caused by all the moisturizing products.

In other words, this foundation is best for a night out, when you opt out of heavy moisturizers for a few hours because you know you'll be dancing and sweating - it really is long wear, and withstands the heat of the dancefloor for sure.

on 1/22/2018 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is amazing. Its long wearing natural looking and no spf. I have combo oily dry skin. Lasts all day with their primer. Its pricey but its one of my faves.

on 1/5/2018 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an okay foundation, but I would not recommend purchasing for the price, at least if you have similar skin type to mine. It sounds like it would be exactly what my dry skin needs, a long lasting hydrating foundation, but it's not hydrating at all (especially in the winter). If I really put in a lot of time to prep my skin then this can look okay (i.e. really moisturizing primers and facial mists), but otherwise it can at times cling to dry skin on my face and make me look dehydrated by the end of the day. The one pro is it does last well on my skin throughout the day and doesn't break down. I've seen on youtube that a lot of girls with oily skin seem to like this formula? Not to be for me. No major fragrance detected and it has a somewhat thicker consistency that results in about medium coverage.

I have shade 1.2 warm fair as I was looking for a winter shade but it's a tad light for me at the moment. Usually I'm around NC25 but I think around now I'm closer to NC20 for a shade reference.

on 1/1/2018 9:24:00 AM

i got a sample of this foundation to test out, as i needed a foundation with no flashback and would last a long time- this foundation failed me on both terms. Considering it is marketed as a foundation suitable for hd etc etc, the flashback was very evident, giving me a ghostly white cast.
the coverage was fairly nonexistent, and not build-able at all, it wore off within 3 hours over acne, and made my (fairly large) pores look even bigger. even on my dry patches, it felt heavy and dry- which was disappointing considering it is not that good at oil control either.
For reference, my favorite foundation is the borjois healthy mix, which is long wearing and gives me a glow without making me look like a grease ball in an hour. it also feels weightless and wears beautifully!

on 12/18/2017 11:46:00 AM

It is considerable as it is light and feels light and I like tge coverage but you have to apply primer first othetwise you might feel your skin dry.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Pitiful. I’m sorry, this is one of the worst foundation products I have ever tried, and yes, I did use their primer first. Absolutely no coverage, applying layer upon layer and building nothing more than a shiny nose. 15 hours? Try 45 minutes. I do not have oily skin in the least either. Save your money, most drug store brands offer a better look than this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While I liked the Silk Makeup by Clinique my sensitive skin did not like it at all! So back to the drawing board for a foundation and came across this at Macys! So glad I did! I have it in 1.1 fair and it's a good match for me. I can hardly tell I am wearing it at all so light weight! Awesome! I use it with the green Primer to reduce my redness and out the door I go! My new favorite!

on 11/28/2017 8:56:00 AM

0.5, the lightest shade they do, was slightly too dark for me.
The worst issue however was the separation, by lunch time my nose and chin looked awful. A good test I found for finding out if a foundation separates is by doing a swatch test on your arm, wait for it too dry, then lightly rub to see if it smudges or separates. Double wear was also bad for this. Mac studio fix is fantastic, however watch out for oxidation before committing to a shade!