3.9

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

17 days ago

My skin has gotten increasingly dry over the past few years and I was on the hunt for a new foundation. This one was recommend to me by an Ulta salesperson, who I’m not convinced didn’t only do so because of “hydrating” in the title of this foundation. But I was game to try. The good part: with a large shade range I was able to match one perfectly, and I have not found any problems with oxidation. A good amount of coverage, not too heavy, not too sheer. The bad part: I am seriously scratching my head as to how this stuff is “hydrating.” My skin has never looked so dry and chalky as it does when I have put this stuff on! Lines, pores, everything stands out tenfold with this foundation. Even with a good moisturizer and primer, I just could not get this stuff to look good on my face, and it aged me about 10 years. At first I assumed it was because of the ongoing dryness to my skin, and stepped up my moisturizing. But after several catches in the mirror that made me want to cry, I switched to another foundation and all the chalkiness and lines have gone away. The old lady in the mirror is gone! This may be hydrating for someone with more normal to oily skin, but it definitely doesn’t seem to be for those of with normal to dry or dry skin. Beware!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

22 days ago

My Shade: 1.1 My Other Foundation Matches: TF Born This Way (Porcelain), Estée Lauder Doublewear (1N2 Ecru), BareMinerals Complexion Rescue (Vanilla 2) I have never really tried out Smashbox makeup until very recently. However I am so glad to have found this foundation! The main reason I was tempted to try it was it was advertised as heat and humidity resistant which is what I need as Australia is currently in the midst of a heatwave/fire season. This foundation definitely lives up to the claim! It has a soft matte finish, and stays put all day - through heat and sweating. It also doesn’t get shiny throughout the day, maintaining it’s matte finish. It wears well both when set with powder and when left alone. The coverage is light-medium. It covers any redness but allows some freckles to show through, it’s a very natural look, not at all cakey or heavy. I like it best buffed in with a brush. It applies easily and sets quickly. I also find it transfer-proof. Overall I love the foundation - it has been a lifesaver and holy grail product for me this summer.

About reviewer (733 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a month ago

If you are a light warm olive skin tone and have combo/dehydrated skin, look no further! I am probably a NC15/NC18 and use 1.05 all year round. This wears beautifully all day and night long. Applied with a sponge, this gives a seamless skinlike finish yet covers ALL my redness(I have quite a lot) with a one pump. With powder and setting spray, I've worn it out for 16h+ and it still looks fresh in the mirror. I would gladly throw out all my other foundations and only wear this.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

from

2 months ago

I wear the 1.0 for daytime and 1.1 at. Iggy. This is my favorite foundation of all time. Looks great and stays on all day!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBrown

4 months ago

I wasn't sure about this foundation when I first got it -- I ordered it blindly from Sephora, in shade 1.1 for my neutral NW20 skin. Comes in a nice glass bottle with a pump and a secure lid. Feels a bit sticky and thick out of the bottle. I use 2 pumps, dot it around my face, and then add the NYX white mixer, also dotted on -- shade 1.1 is a really good match for me, but it's just a tad too warm. I do a rough blend with my finger just to mix the colors, and then use a Sigma F80 brush to buff and blend the foundation into my skin. You can definitely tell when the foundation is setting down; the brush starts to "pull." With 2 pumps I get low-medium coverage and a very nice satin-matte finish. I powder with Rimmel Stay Matte and really, this foundation does last 8+ hours on me, and on my normal skin, I don't have to blot it down at all. It doesn't break me out, removes with micellar water, has a great shade range, and the price is fair. I could see this foundation working well for all skin types, if you do the necessary prep work -- good moisturizer for dry skin, good primer for oily skin -- don't let the "hydrating" claim throw you off! If you can get a sample, I highly recommend this foundation, and I will definitely repurchase! (This foundation has handily replaced my former favorite, MUFE Water Blend, which I don't have a good shade match in anyway.)

About reviewer (351 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

5 months ago

This is my absolute holy grail foundation of all time! I am constantly repurchasing this as I can’t live without it. I use Shade 2.16 and I find the shade range to be really decent. The formula is lightweight and really blendable and leaves a beautiful, natural, slightly matte finish. I like to mix in an illuminating product to make it a little more glowy which makes it perfect for me. It has medium buildable coverage that makes the skin look naturally perfect. I use a sponge to apply this which I find gives the nicest finish but it also works well with a brush although it might sit a little more on top of the skin. After initial application I do feel like I have to set it as it stays a little bit tacky but surprisingly it still wears nicely when not powdered. This wears like a dream, I don’t even have to touch up during the day. i wear it usually for 8-10 hours and it looks fantastic all the way through. The one thing I do find is that it settles into my laugh lines slightly after a few hours but I usually combat this by baking my laugh lines. It doesn’t oxidise or transfer on me. It never looks heavy and feels like nothing on. overall it’s a fantastic foundation and I definitely recommend it.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

5 months ago

I had this one for a while now but kinda forgot about in the shade 0.1 Very Fair with Neutral undertone, this is a nice medium but buildable coverage. Which was the only light shade available when I went to get it as all others were sold out but luckily it's a pretty good match. Not as hydrating as I would personally like but it isn't drying. Does look really nice as long as you don't use too much and blend fairly quickly because it dries faster then most foundations but not too fast. I do use a e.l.f's coconut Dewy Setting Spray and a hydrating primer just for extra moisture. Looks nice on the skin especially if you exfoliate the day before for if you have dry skin. Very easy to blend and lasts a long time on the skin. Is a bit more expensive then I normally go for as it is around $50 at Shoppers. The shade range is great with a lot of different undertones (something a lot of brands lack)and a good amount of light-dark shades 40 in total. Looks very nice with a damp sponge. It is definitely a matte finish and the bottle is pretty basic looking. You can either set it with a powder or not as it does dry down well and won't budge but won't last as long or well then if you were to set it with a powder. I do like it but not the price, luckily you won't go through it very quickly as 1-2 pumps are more then enough to completely cover the face and to build a little bit on cheeks or somewhere you need more coverage. I do think this is one of my favourite high end foundations, I just use dewy sprays and primers for a less matte look as I'm not a fan of full matte looks, only things I don't like is the price and it does sell out of certain shades quickly in stores especially in my area as there is only one place that carries it unless you buy online. Do recommend this for normal and oily skins as this does wear well throughout the day and looks really nice on a lot of skin types but it's definitely not something everyone will like. If you don't mind spending a little extra then it you might like it but its also not as expensive as a lot of other higher end foundations. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it again because I do like it but and there isn't anything wrong with it but its not something I can see myself using a lot or constantly reaching for because of the price and it is fairly drying.

About reviewer (171 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

7 months ago

This is a great foundation. Has great staying power, doesn't move. Nice finish. Goes on a bit sticky but sets in about 10 mins and ends with a nice soft velet finish. Does not settle into fine lines and pores (I have huge pores). I applied with a brush and went on nice and even. No fragrance noted but carries a bit of a paint odor. Did not oxidize on me at all, and usally everything does. I got a small amount of shine on my nose after the 5th hour but did not get worse throughout the day. I really recommend if you are looking for something that offers medium to full coverage that you don't need to set and reapply throughout the day.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

8 months ago

I have the newer version of this foundation which calls itself "24 Hour Wear". I haven't used the previous version so don't know if it has been reformulated. I do like this foundation as it is quite natural looking with a demi-matte finish and doesn't settle into my pores. I find it looks best when I apply with a sponge as with a brush it goes on a bit cakier. It is very long-wearing although I don't usually leave my foundation on for more than 15 hours, and it is still intact at that point. My skin is normal to dry and although it states it is hydrating, I do need to prep my skin adequately before using, but I have to do that with most foundations. I'm impressed with the fact that for a long-wearing foundation, it is not overly drying or matte as most of them tend to be. It also comes in a good shade range catering to different undertones. I also picked up the matching concealer which is also very long-wearing and super lightweight, but I find it does emphasize the lines in my eyes somewhat.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 months ago

What kind of witchcraft is this stuff? After 9 hours of wear, my face still looks like it was just applied. It's important to me that my foundation look skin-like and not obvious that I'm wearing any and this fits the bill. It's a beautiful formula.

About reviewer (52 reviews)

Age25-29