Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating FoundationSmashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 1/13/2019 8:23:00 AM

After trying many foundations this is my favorite. Although it is hydrating it never makes me break out. It lasts all day, it matches my skin well. It doesn’t change colors, and does a good job of hiding small imperfections and even out my skin tone, no creasing. I love the packaging one pump is the perfect amount for daytime, if I’m going for an extra made-up look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Currently my go-to foundation, ever since I stopped using MAC Studio Fix due to ethical reasons (SB stopped testing on animals in 2017). I really love it, its smooth and hydrating and buildable. It is light-medium coverage, but if I put on 2 layers it manages to cover most of my acne scarring. It's staying power is very similar to Studio Fix, does last for ages. No breakouts which is a plus. While it is expensive, it is pretty standard for a more high end foundation - and because you seldom have to reapply, it lasts for months.

on 1/2/2019 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the only foundation I’ve given 5 lippies to if that says anything. I own 13 liquid fdtns right now and have tried hundreds in my lifetime. This is the best foundation that works for me and here’s why:

Pros:
-color match is perfect. I’m nc20 and wear 1.1
-it doesn’t transfer. This is a huge must for me with foundations. The only other foundation I’ve found that didn’t transfer was ELDW but it was way too cakey on me
-it looks like skin!! I’ve gotten compliments on my skin since wearing it
-it doesn’t crack/crease/get cakey/get oily throughout the day. It lasts a full day on me and looks the same in the morning as it does at the end of the day. The 15 hour wear time is no joke
-it’s hydrating so it doesn’t emphasize flakes (I have dry skin)

Cons:
-it is a light-medium buildable coverage. I wouldn’t consider this a full coverage foundation like ELDW. I use a beauty blender to apply and it does take quite a bit of product to get medium coverage
- because it’s medium coverage, i do have to use Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin enhancer on any acne scars I have and I use Too faced born this way concealer under eyes

If you’re looking for a foundation that lasts all day, doesn’t transfer, and still looks skin-like, give this a try. They have a very wide color range as well.

on 11/28/2018 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this foundation because I saw they extended their shade range to the fairer side. Unfortunately the foundation was not what I expected. The foundation is light-medium coverage. It really didn't cover any of the problems on my skin and the formula was very thin. I do prefer fuller coverage foundations, but I found that I sped through this bottle and at €37 a pop, I was not impressed.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to like this foundation, but I honestly can't even review it's wear or it's longevity because I cannot find a match for my NW 15-18 skin. The color .5 is the right undertone but several shades too light. The rest after that have a weird yellow undertone, even if labeled as cool. If you are light and very cool, you might not be able to find a match. I returned it and got Nars sheer glow instead.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am really loving this foundation. I have sensitive, oily skin that's prone to cystic acne. This foundation doesn't oxidize, breakdown, or lose its coverage. It's skin-like, very lightweight, and doesn't sink into my pores like so many others do. I would definitely buy this again!

on 11/16/2018 7:59:00 AM

So disappointed. Many reviewers rave about this, not sure why. My Almay TLC gives much better finish, and also lasts over 15 hours...and it’s a fraction of the cost. I always go back to Almay after venturing away trying to find something new and superior. Will definitely be returning. Not good for my combo skin. Attached to all my dry patches that I am so desperately trying to fix with my skin care routine. That packaging is great though.

on 11/14/2018 9:33:00 AM

This is my current go to foundation. i have repurchased this about 4 times which says something as I am not loyal . For reference I am NC30 and wear 2.2. I made the mistake of trying 2.1 and the difference is horrifying.

This is a medium, semi matte foundation with buildable coverage. A little goes a long way and so one bottle will last a few months. It does not dry too quickly and so is easy to work with. I kind of wish it was matte but thats personal preference. This will last me from 6am - 10/11pm before it starts to look a bit sad. I have no problems with transfer or oxidization.

i am combination but my cousin is extremely oily and we have both been able to use this with no problems.

i will no doubt keep purchasing this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

LOVE THIS!!! long lasting, incredible shade range, great packaging, and best of all NO BREAKOUTS!! (knock on wood) at 36 dollars its also a great price for mid range foundation

on 10/17/2018 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm 44 and didn't think I would be looking for a long lasting fdn at this age. But when I stopped using BCP my skin started to get oily again, particularly my T-zone. I still wanted a fdn that's moisturizing enough, not mask-like or cakey but not too creamy either that would just make me shinier. After some research I found this. (I think Angie's video from Hot and Flashy was the most helpful guide.) I got this fdn when there was a sale, so 20% off. I think I have 1.1, maybe the lightest shade (?). It's not too warm, neautral enough. I have light olive skin, between NC15 and 20. I usually like to mix my base. So when I use this I add a bit of green primer (Catrice), maybe some dew drops (also Catrice), and sometimes a tm or bb cream. If it's summer and I need a darker shade I add Gosh brinzing gel (not sure if it's still available, i can't find it where I live, but there are similar things out there.) I use Zoeva silk finish brush with some rose water spritzed on it and then pat over it with a damp beauty sponge (RT). It looks quite natural. Not drying, not too rich/moisturizing. I also sometimes use MAC fix+ over it, to make it look even more natural. I rarely use powder over it. If I do, I definitely apply Fix+. It lasts the whole day on me.