Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating FoundationSmashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

Wonderful foundation. Awesome coverage. Glad I purchased this one.

on 8/12/2018 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Oh my gosh, I love this foundation so much. I wear the shade 3.2 and am a MAC NC42-43 and this is the first foundation that matches me perfectly. Ladies, I'm sure everyone here can agree with me when I say that finding a perfect match is RARE. Every foundation I've bought has either been a hair too light or a hair too pink or needs a bit of bronzer to make it passable. I'm by no means bad at matching, I've just always found that my skin tone has been hard to match. The gals at Sephora have admitted this to me themselves. But man oh man, you can't beat the shade range on this bad boy.

The formula is fantastic. I have combination skin, so it's dry in some spots and oily in the others. You will absolutely need to exfoliate those flakies if you want this to look good, but isn't that true for pretty much any foundation? Have you ever tried icing a cake that still has crumbs on it? Always exfoliate and moisturise before foundation! That said, this does not emphasise any other flaws like acne or scars. It glides over them like a dream and blends like a dream leaving a matte but not flat finish behind. It's matte but will still catch a bit of light around your cheekbones. My face doesn't feel tight when it dries down, which is a huge plus. In my experience, matte foundations can leave my skin feeling parched, but not this one. They aren't kidding when they say it's hydrating.

This foundation dries down pretty well. If I touch my face, I don't get any residue on my finger. Pretty transfer resistant. And it lasts and lasts. I wore this once from 10 AM to 10 PM and it didn't budge. Think of this as a lighter version of Estée Lauder Double Wear. I love that stuff, but I can feel it on my face. This also isn't as full coverage. With a kabuki brush, I can get a medium-full (not full-full) coverage and with a sponge, it's more of a solid medium. I think this will replace my beloved ELDW because it performs almost the same while still leaving room for my skin to breathe. My skin's been doing better, so I'm leaning more and more towards foundations like this that can make me look glam, but also provide me with the comfort needed to go through my day without my face needing it's own seat (lels). If you set this with powder and put setting spray on top, BOY. You could probably make this last 24 hours, no joke.

The only person I wouldn't recommend this to is someone with extremely dry skin or someone looking for a natural finish. This is indeed matte (you can tell it's there) and if your skin needs lots of moisture from both your skincare and your make up, this isn't for you. Some flakies can't be exfoliated away in one sitting, so dry-skinned ladies, I feel you. Combination and oily girls, you need this in your life. It's absolutely beautiful. Get a sample and put it on your skin. You'll understand what I'm talking about.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love this stuff! I’ve had this for awhile but never bothered to use it. Ever since I started using it, I can’t put this down. The coverage is great. I find it to be medium, which is fine as I prefer sheer, light & medium coverage. It lasts well on my oily skin. I do get shiny a little bit on my nose area but nothing too crazy like other foundations. Also, the shade is perfect. I use shade 2.3, a perfect match for MAC NC30 & NARS Punjab.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: Tried this again Got a better color match in 1.15 and have used better primers under it like Laura Mercier's primer with sunscreen. Less cake and lasts longer. Still can feel it on my skin but that might make it better for the cooler months.

I did not get along with this foundation. First off they gave me the wrong color. It looked fine in the store lights but was too dark in natural light and at home. 2.1 for NC 20 with some color on my face. Turned orange and bronzey.

Second I had trouble with cakiness. This would settle into areas of textured skin and just hang no matter how I applied it. Got worse as the day progressed.

Third did not last as long for me as advertised. I got maybe 5-6 hours of wear and then I had to wash it off. It just looked bad. See above.

Fourth it stayed moist for me. All day. I could scrape my fingernail through the foundation. I tried different applications and different sunscreens under it to no avail. We were just not meant to be friends.

This was no Doublewear dupe.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite foundation. It can be a bit tricky to apply especially if you have dry spots on your skin so I would not recommend this for a dry skin type, but if your skin is combo/oily then I would deffinetly give this one a try! I always apply this with a damp makeup sponge 'cause I feel that it gives me the best result altought it's not as high coverage than with fingertips or a brush, but I always use a concealer on spots and my under eye area anyways. Does not oxidice almost at all and really stays in place even on oily skin but might need a few touch ups during a long day. In my opinion this isn't very buildable though it claims to be but covers well tiny impurities and evens out skin tone nicely so if you're looking for a full coverage foundation then you might not like this but I like that my base is natural looking and I apply concearel to the spots where needed so for my liking this is the perfect foundation. Also, I think this looks the best when it has settled on the skin for a few hours. Hopefully I didn't forget anything I was going to say about this :D But yeah, I have a combo and acne prone skin and this is so far the best foundation I've found that leaves my skin looking really beutiful and does not break me out.

on 5/29/2018 9:13:00 AM

I had such high hopes for this foundation due to the many positive reviews. I am a long time Smashbox fan (their CC cream is still my holy grail) so I had high expectations. I applied the product with my fingers, tried using a beauty blender (dry and damp), tried a brush, tried with with and without Shmashbox's very own primer - unfortunately in all cases I ended up with patchy coverage that accentuated my pores and dry skin. It just looked tragic.

on 5/19/2018 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For years and years I have been searching for the perfect foundation and finally this came along! Blends beautifully into my skin, long wear time, color stays true, doesn't dry out my already dry skin, natural looking. I love this foundation!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

After finally confessing to myself that BB creams were just a greasy mess on my skin, finally purchased this foundation. Was looking for a medium to full coverage, excellent staying power and good range of shades. This is spot on and I'm on my second bottle.
Using it in 2.2, beautiful yellow based shade, I'm lighter and more neutral, but really prefer this shade to my own skin tone since I use self tanners and also simply prefer looking towards more yellow. There was a talk here about it not covering anything, but with 2,5-3 pumps (they are not very big with this kind of pump) I can cover my whole face without anyone being able to notice a slight mismatch.
I set this with NYX setting powder (another good one) and it lasts all day, not breaking apart and not transferring (to a certain point of course), ahem, Milani Conceal and Perfect. It doesn't sit on top of the skin too, which is really important for me as most foundations tend to do this on my face.

Packaging is nice and sleek, good reliable and controllable pump that gets every singly ounce of product out, the bottle is transparent so you can see the amount of foundation you've got left.

For now I'm sold and will repurchase again.

on 4/16/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the better foundations on the market. I wear this in 4.0 (MAC NC45 for Ref). The shade is spot on. The consistency is not watery but not thick or gel/mouse like. The coverage is light and buildable. It covers minor imperfections without the visibility of the foundation. It really blends into the skin in an undetectable way. It never oxidized on my skin.

I could see persons with oily skin having a staying issue as it is hydrating. For me, this is an easy everyday foundation. It wears on average 8-9 hours on me.If you want the flawless, camera ready look this isn't the foundation. Overall, this foundation gets a double thumbs up for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i wrote another review,which was when i tried the product alone.I bought smashbox light primer which is good.With this primer,the studio skin stays 4-5 hours(not more), but alone only 3.So i recommend it if you have the money to buy the primer.Alone it doesn't worth it.I have to admit though that is good for my pores,while L'oreal infallible is awful in that matter.This is for winter, but in summer it is dissapointing.So i put 3 stars.