Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating FoundationSmashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and Laura GellarStudio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 4/16/2018 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of the better foundations on the market. I wear this in 4.0 (MAC NC45 for Ref). The shade is spot on. The consistency is not watery but not thick or gel/mouse like. The coverage is light and buildable. It covers minor imperfections without the visibility of the foundation. It really blends into the skin in an undetectable way. It never oxidized on my skin.

I could see persons with oily skin having a staying issue as it is hydrating. For me, this is an easy everyday foundation. It wears on average 8-9 hours on me.If you want the flawless, camera ready look this isn't the foundation. Overall, this foundation gets a double thumbs up for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i am really dissapointed.I bought it due to good reviews.I know it is a brand made in the studios but didn't work for me.It lasted only 3 hours.I expected something more cause it says 15 hours.I am very oily so don't recommend it.L'oreal Paris 24 matte lasts also 3-4 hours but it is more cheap than that.

on 3/18/2018 4:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this foundation!!!! I stumbled on it by accident a little over a week ago and I can honestly say that I think I have found my holy grail. I have oily skin with random dry flakiness that appears on the tip of my nose and around my mouth. Usually, really matte foundations look good at first but end up separating or drying me out by the end of the day and then dewy foundations slip off my face because of oil! I am very acne prone and only use cruelty free makeup so all of this limits my foundation choices. I went in looking for the new cover fix foundation at Sephora but they didn’t have it, then went to ulta for the Laura mercier foundation but forgot they don’t carry the brand.. I was in a rush because I needed a new foundation for a party and so I quickly picked this up, even though I was nervous that it says HYDRATING. It lasted on me all night (7 hours) and it kept me matte but not dry! Since then I have been using it every single day through 9 hour work shifts and classes at night. I use the light photo finish primer under it and set it with the too faced peach powder and I’m telling you it’s magical... doesn’t seperate, crease, it controls my oils the best out of any foundation I’ve ever tried (except the LM foundation that’s pretty good too but very drying for me in the colder months). It is high medium coverage I would say since I have acne scarring but I just use my shape tape to conceal them and it’s fine. The foundation is sort of sticky when you apply it (I use a beauty blender) and I think this is what helps it stay in place all day. It also keeps my bronzer and everything in perfect place and nothing fades AND IT DOESNT TRANSFER! It’s incredible. If you’re looking for something that will control oil but not dry you out, doesn’t crease or oxidize, doesn’t transfer and stays put ALL day, and has medium to buildable full coverage this is for you.

on 3/11/2018 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don’t hate this foundation. I has a nice medium coverage, it matches & evens out my skin & you don’t need a lot. BUT I have very dry skin & it’s not moisturizing at all. I will use it bc it was expensive but I have to mix it with argan oil so that it doesn’t completely dry out my skin. The foundation doesn’t last as long mixed with the oil.

on 3/7/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So my favorite foundation is the old formula Estée Lauder double wear. I was frustrated with the change in formula and started my search again for a new foundation. This is my latest one and I’ve only used it for 2 days but I am very happy with it. I was hoping it would be a bit more dewy but no big deal. I just used a setting spray that offered that. It helped a lot. It stays put and does not seem to transfer which is a big deal for me. It also looks very natural on. I chose 2.1 for the color. I had to work with what was in stock at Ulta but was happy with the color. I must have tried 30 new foundations in the past 3 months and this one is in my top 3. I’ll need to use it longer to see if it becomes HG. It does have an outstanding formula.

on 3/2/2018 3:24:00 AM

I really like this foundation. It is expensive, yes, but it only takes a tiny amount to cover a whole face. It is very thick and lasts a long time. It doesn't make my skin look dry, and I wear shade 0.5 which is good if you are extremely pale (a lot of foundations do not make light enough shades). It is full coverage, so it covers whatever horror lie on your face that embarrass you. I do wear a bb cream underneath, then use this for more damaged parts of my face. I like the way it combines together to give me a look.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've been battling with my skin for about 10 years. I have bad allergies, super sensitive, and for whatever reason I struggle to find a good match. Until I found this foundation. It matches my skin perfectly. And it's medium coverage, that is totally build-able, works great. When I need a bit extra, it goes on without caking up.

I might have to say, this is my HOLY GRAIL! I have combination skin with eczema (ugh!). During the colder seasons, it is very frustrating to find a foundation that caters to my complicated skin where my cheeks and jawline are dry but my t zone is shiney. Now, I absolutely DO NOT like how flat matte foundation can be but certain foundations for dry skin is too greasy for me. This foundation would give my skin the right balance, it is dewy and natural looking with a good coverage. My forehead doesn't too oily looking with good primer and setting powder. The pump is very convenient which is a plus! I am a Mac NC30-35 and a 2.1 (winter) and a 2.2 (summer).

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My shade in this foundation was 4.05-Neutral tan, although I had previously been to the Smashbox’s studio in London and was colour matched; the foundation shade of colour was a little off. When applying this foundation, I realised that this foundation was a few shades darker than my usual tone and had a slight warm undertone, leaving my face orange. I applied this foundation with a beauty blender, to give off a more natural look. After applying the foundation, I used a mineralise powder to take away any shine and give off a matte finish. Despite the colour being off, the foundation is weightless and blurs imperfections with the light-diffusing sphere to enable a smooth full coverage finish. I have been wearing this foundation for the last couple of weeks and can confirm that the foundation has longevity. Throughout the day, my foundation does not crease up or fade off.

on 2/15/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have normal mature skin in decent shape, meaning that I don't have any obvious lines and no wrinkles. This foundation provides medium coverage, but even though it says "hydrating" I think it's best or younger or oilier skins. I don't find it particularly hydrating when I apply it with a burnishing foundation brush or beauty blender or fingers. It does NOT stand up to dry moderate Florida humidity even with a setting spray (Milani), and gets quite mask-y and enhances any facial sag or laugh lines after a few hours wear. It's not the worst foundation I've used, but I won't rebuy. I much prefer Dermablend.