The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder
Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Silica (Absorbent), Nylon-12 (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Zea Mays Starch (Absorbent/Chelating Agent), Mica (Opacifier), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer (Film Former), Magnesium Myristate (Opacifier), Barium Sulfate (Opacifier), Squalane (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Soybean Glycerides (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Pentylene Glycol (Solvent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Butyrospermum Parkii Unsaponifiables (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Cera Alba (Emulsifier/Emollient), Benzyl PCA (Humectant), Lauroyl Lysine (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Mel (Natural Additive). [+/- CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour), CI 77742 (Colour)].

on 9/27/2016 4:04:00 PM

This was actually my first bronzing powder ever (I'm 19) and I love it. I asked for help in the shop to pick a matching color and I have shade 03 (I am pale skinned). The color is not at all orange and gives you a nice warm glow. I will definitely buy this again.

The texture is also great and it applies very lightly - so you can keep adding powder if you want to build up.

I usually use this in combination with their all in one face base powder and their vitamin E fixing spray. Gives me a great glowy look.

The only thing I disliked about the packaging is that the top lid broke off - but thats because I wasnt very careful with it.

on 9/13/2016 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love The Body Shop, but I'd never gotten around to trying any of their makeup. This bronzer is my first purchase from them. I'm also going to be honest and say that this is my first ever bronzer, so I cannot compare it to anything else. I use it to contour my cheeks and nose and warm my forehead a little. Sometimes I'll use it as a blush.

My skintone is on the lighter side of medium. I was in a real rush and had been wanting this bronzer for a while, so I dashed into the shop and thought that the shade 05 (dark golden matte, I believe it's called) would be dark enough for me. I wanted something that would provide a subtle contour for every day looks. I didn't want an overly chiseled look or a 'dirty face covered in mud' look.

Thankfully, this bronzer wasn't anything like that. First of all, the packaging is outstanding. I am normally a pragmatic person that cares mostly about the product itself and its performance, but quite honestly the packaging kind of adds to the enjoyment of using this product. The honeycomb design is so pretty, and it comes with a good-sized mirror.

It's matte, not shimmery. It provides the 'subtle contour' look I was going for. It's easy to apply and blendable for the most part, does not look patchy and most importantly, it's not too orangey nor too ashy.

Now for the cons: the reasons I took off a lippie. First of all, I was a complete idiot and didn't get a shade dark enough for my skin tone. I dithered between shades 5 and 6 and went with 5 ("I'll just layer the product! If it's too dark, after all, I won't be able to use it!"). Don't get me wrong, 5 IS darker than my skintone, and you can easily see it, but 6 would've been better, I believe.

Second con: for the life of me, I can't get this stuff to last very long on my face. The only thing that seems to work is piling it on and building it up several times - it seems to last longer that way. But if I use a large powder brush and just apply a little bit on (like in the mornings) it's gone within a few hours.

I have a hunch the second problem might be due to the first one. Especially as other reviewers do not seem to have had any problems with lasting power. It's makeup, it's going to fade, but because the shade isn't quite dark enough, it only needs to fade a little for it to completely disappear. I would probably repurchase this sometime in the future after experimenting with other bronzers, just using the darker shade this time. Normally when I dislike the shade in a product I blame it on myself and do not penalize it. However, I find that this is an every day annoyance when I find that, later in the day, all my contouring has disappeared.

I may change my mind with the shade. As I said, I wanted a subtle contour, and I got one. People often comment that I've lose tons of weight (when I haven't!). I quite like the trick I'm playing on people at the moment. If I used the darker shade (06) it might become quite obvious I'd contoured with something.

Overall, a beautiful product that I am absolutely in love with (especially for the price), and a great first impression from The Body Shop that has made me want to buy their other products. I would most definitely recommend this to anyone with pale or light medium skin. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a selection for darker skin tones.

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/21/2016 3:36:00 PM

As someone with a very pale complexion, it's really difficult to find Bronzers that give a 'subtle' glow. Instead, Bronzer usually ends up looking like I've smacked some dirt on my face.

This bronzer is different. I love how The Body Shop actually accommodate for fairer skin and this bronzer helps sculpt my face without being overbearing.

Love it.

on 5/16/2016 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Saw a lot of people online recommending this bronzer for people with pale skin so i decided it was time to try it and i do love it. i have the lightest shade. The shade is still a tad warm for my cool toned skin, but it still work fine if i don't apply too much. Nice texture and super blendable, and the packaging is cute.

on 3/15/2016 1:53:00 PM

A nice dependable, solid product that has become a regular in my daily winter/early spring routine. Shimmer/sparkle free.

My skin colour is pale but olive. Imagine the colouring of a Mediterranean person that hasn't seen the sun in a few years. That's my winter skin colour. I have this bronzer in the lightest shade- on the reasoning that I could build it up if I wanted more intense colour.

It is nice and subtle and warms me up a little. It's not a product that comes off in huge pigmented quantities- but I think this is ideal for a bronzer because far better to have a little than too much right from the first go! Much easier to work with.

Such is its subtlety, in the summer I think this shade will be redundant for me as I can't imagine it will show well on a deeper skintone.

I've stopped short of giving it the full 5 stars because I don't think it's a show stopper or utterly amazing. But it ticks a lot of boxes.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best bronzer ive ever used ! It is sooo natural and you can control the bronzing effect as you like plus you need a very small amount if you want a light bronzing effect since it has a very good pigmentation. I use it even when my skin is at its worst ( breakouts, acne..) and it doesn't break out ! Its very affordable and will last you so long. I think this is the bronzer that ill stick to forever :) !

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVEEEE. I already hit pan on it a couple months ago but I wanted to try something new so I picked up Benefit's HOOLA, which is good and all but I much prefer this one! I had it in the third shade and it looked PERFECT on my skin (light to medium w/ a slight yellow undertone). It's matte, long lasting and blends like a dreeeaaaam. The reason why I like this over the HOOLA bronzer is because this is just soooo pretty and natural looking. It falls right in between warm and cool. Whereas the HOOLA bronzer is more on the ashier side, perfect for when you want a more defined contour. Anyways, you should def give it a try! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Let me preface this by saying I was never too keen on bronzer. That was until this product came up. As summer came along I found myself in need of a bronzer, at least for my paler days before I got a natural tan. I wanted something very natural, nearly undetectable on the skin. I started looking at high-end options online until one day I found myself in The Body Shop and saw this product I had heard about on Youtube.

I bought it on a whim without thinking too much about it and I was happy to find it actually is as good as they say. I picked the lightest shade and it the most flattering hue for my light skintone. It truly gives that sun-kissed effect without the streaky, muddy look. It's subtle and elegant and is beautiful worn without blush either. I have been using it since summer and I have yet to hit pan on it. I feel like I can never apply too much with this bronzer, it always looks natural no matter how much I pack on.

The packaging is quite pretty too for such an affordable product. Most bronzers at the drugstore are not nearly as good looking as this. It's not too different from Guerlain's infamous Terracotta bronzer. I love the honeycomb pattern on the powder too and it's still there after 6 months of use!

on 10/14/2015 6:32:00 PM

GREASE ON THE FACE, THANKS FOR THE BEESWAX IN IT AND OTHER CLOGGING INGREDIENTS

on 10/1/2015 3:51:00 PM

Subtle, matte, non-orange shade. 01 is perfect for contouring on my NC10 skin.

I only need two swipes total when applying, so it'll last a while. Smells good, the packaging is really attractive. Have no need to travel with this, but the compact seems really sturdy.

I waited for TBS to have one of their regular 40% off offers - so at around £8 this was dirt cheap.

Really pleased with this, especially as I've never been impressed with any products from TBS before.