Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

Ground Coffee Face and Body Mask

4.9

Duh :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I retain water really easily and sometimes wake up with a puffy face and bloated stomach. After reading about the benefits of caffeine in skincare, I started making my own 2-in-1 mask + scrub with used coffee grounds. To de-puff my face, I mix a bit of raw egg white with the used coffee grounds (after making coffee in the morning). Don't use too much egg white or it'll be too runny- just use enough to form a paste. Then I apply the mixture to my face and neck and leave it on for 15 min. The egg white helps tighten and brighten skin and the caffeine helps my skin expel excess water and also doubles as a scrub (I rub my skin gently in circles with the coffee grounds before washing the mask off completely.) For a refining and retexturizing mask, I use a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of egg white. I also use this as a body treatment when I want to pamper myself at home- just spread the coffee grounds (mixed with either the egg white or yogurt or whatever you want) onto my body (especially around the butt and thighs which could benefit from caffeine's ability to treat cellulite) and then wrap each area with Saran wrap and leave on for 15-30 min. I love that I can do something good for my skin using the coffee grounds that I would normally just throw out after making coffee every morning. This face/body treatment is so easy and cheap to make! If you don't brew your own coffee, I read somewhere that if you go to Starbucks they'll give you used coffee grounds for free.

on 2/24/2012 7:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I cannot believe there is only 1 review for this amazing DIY skincare. I love it as an exceptional scrub for my body. For this I mix ground coffee with honey and just massage it into my thighs and butt. It works wonders making my skin so soft and touchble and it costs much less than any store bought scrubs.The only downside is the mess that it creates in my bathroom. So I normally just take a jar of ground coffee mixed with honey to my gym and have a little spa party there. Recommended!

on 4/29/2012 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm not surprised I'm only the 3rd person to be reviewing this not many people know about this mask in particular I mean coffee on the face? Who would have thought to put that on your face? It looks a fright once applied be careful to tie your hair back especially you blonde ladies otherwise it could stain your hair.the trick is to apply this on and leave it on for 20 mins once its time to take it off massage your face with the coffee and milk mixture on your face with water for extra exfoilating action.it leaves your skin smooth supple and like silk it also helped clear up a few tiny pimples on my face it works wonders for acne sufferers give this a try you won't be sorry!

on 12/16/2012 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I LOVE THIS.
I use this as a face and body scrub, and it leaves my skin feeling moisturized, soft, and tightened- not to mention the smell is a wonderful pick me up! It does make a mess in the tub though, so make sure you rinse it out well.
What I do is I take used coffee grounds - an excuse to have more coffee! - and mixed it with freshly squeezed lemon juice, to help lighten scars and tighten pores, until i have a paste. It'll look like black mud, but I actually think it's pretty cool. I took the bowl with me into the shower, first applied it to my face, applying it in circular motions. I left it on for a while. Then I put it on my chest, stomach, back, legs- everywhere, really! Applying it in circular motions. When I rinsed it off, it left my skin so soft- I expected the lemon juice to dry me out, but I didn't even need moisturizer. Afterwards, my pores looked smaller, the redness of my acne was weirdly diminished, and my body felt insanely smooth. And the price is unbeatable, especially for someone who has coffee and lemons in their house no matter what. Definitely recommend- I can't believe more people don't know about this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Who doesn't drink coffee? :) I agree with all reviewers! Coffee is also another miracle beauty must-have!

-De puffs
-decreases cellulite (use coffee grinds like a paste with a little bit of water just enough to make it stick to your thighs, wrap with plastic wrap that you have in your kitchen, let it sit for a few hours or overnight and smooth thighs next morning)! No expensive treatments needed!

-also a great body scrub before self tanning...I can go on and on, but others have already reviewed this wonderfully! Coffee is the best!

Oh, and also gives a nice natural brown tint to brassy hair ;)

on 2/15/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love using brewed coffee to tone the brasiness out of my highlights. Just rinse hair with warm water and towel dry. Pour a cup of warm brewed black coffee through hair and let sit while you finish your shower. It makes a wonderful rinse and adds lots of shine and cool tones to my brunette hair. I use this in place of the horribly drying Aveda Black Malva conditioner. Definitely recommend!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use ground coffee as a an all over body scrub with honey and almond oil in the shower and it is the best! It's all natural and cheap. You can't get any better than that. I will repurchase.

3 Tbs. Used Coffee Grounds
1 Tbs. Almond Oil
1/3 tsp. Honey

The coffee grounds exfoliate dead skin. The almond oil helps make it more of a slip agent so it's more pliable. The moisture from the honey is going to keep your skin very hydrated

on 4/29/2013 3:52:00 AM

I love Coffeeee! I drink it every day and I keep the coffee grinds to use it for my face, body and hair.

On my face
- it depuffs my eyes and makes them brighter!
- my skin is softer , it looks clear and my pores are smaller. I still have to use a toner to take out the brown colour from my skin though. I didn't try with joghurt and in fact I prefer to have the whole strength of just coffee on my face
- it helps with tightening the skin which kind of ''sculpts'' your face and if you have a double chin coffee is the right kitchen ingredient for you!

Body
- is great for exfoliation and as an anticelulite treatment! You can definitely see that your skin is firmer and feel strong

On my hair
- I have brown hair and it leave my hair shiny and healthy

Whenever I use it, it really gives me energy and a great state of mind!
I have been using it since I was 13! I should use it even more often!

This is great for women that retain water (like me). As soon as I use my coffee scrub on my whole body, my skin looks firmer and my thighs are slimmer!

One of my favourite helper from the kitchen.

on 7/8/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read that ground coffee can be used as a scrub to smooth away the appearance of cellulite. I've only been using it for 2 days so I can't comment on the effectiveness of treating cellulite but I LOVE it as a scrub for my face and body.

I use freshly ground coffee (b/c I read it has more antioxidants and caffeine than used coffee grounds) which I mix with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle body wash. My skin feels so smooth and my face has a nice rosy glow.

As others have already mentioned, it does make a bit of a mess in the bath tub but it's totally worth it for baby soft skin.

I'll update when/if I see any results with the cellulite.

on 3/13/2014 2:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I use this as a face mask and body scrub.

For a mask, I just pat the used coffee grains on my face and under my eye and leave for 20 minutes. Instantly brighter skin, dark circles and puffiness has decreased, acne and scars are reduced. I love it!

And every morning I use the leftovers from my coffee as a body scrub, particularly on my 'problem areas' such as the back of my legs and thighs.

Great value and it really does work. I would recommend anyone try it no matter your skin type, but particularly if you have- dark circles, dull skin, acne and scarring.

I had a nasty raised acne scar on my neck that wouldn't budge, and all my usual tricks wouldn't work as I find that neck scars are the hardest to get rid of. After just 1 application of the coffee mask there was a 50% decrease, it was much flatter and less red.

You really don't need to add anything else to it, but maybe sea salt and some almond oil if you feel like it.

Popular Face Skincare Products