L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes - waterproof

3.8

08.2018 Isododecane, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aqua/Water/Eau, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Paraffin, Alcohol Denat., Polyvinyl Laurate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire de Candelilla. May Contain: [CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide].

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was a very "meh" mascara for me.

Up close, my lashes were individually separated and coated. I thought I'd love it on my naturally long lashes. Looking in a full mirror, though, my lashes didn't really stand out enough. I didn't expect a falsies look, but...they barely looked like I had applied anything after three coats. They weren't fuller or that fluffy, just darker and slightly longer.

I want more of a long and full look without clumpiness (this didn't clump, I'll give it that!), so for now I'm using Maybelline Total Temptation waterproof and may try Maybelline Colossal to experiment with bigger impact.

I've been really impressed with this mascara. It builds my lashes with minimum clumps and, most importantly, doesn't smudge. It doesn't hold a curl, but I think the smudge-proof qualities offset that. A great value for the price.

Meh. This mascara is just okay. I found that one coat doesn’t do much, but 2+ coats will make lashes clumpy. Doesn’t do much as far as lenght is concerned, but adds some volume. I will not budge during the day, which is a plus, but I find it so difficult to remove in the evening. I just do not have the time and patience to spend half an hour trying to remove it every evening.
I gave it three lippies as this indeed is waterproof and I have used worse mascaras than this but will most certainly not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this product because I was looking for a waterproof mascara and it was voted 'women's favorite product' or something in a women's magazine last year. I was deeply disappointed. After some hours of use there are streaks and smudges from the mascara below my eyebrows. Even my non-waterproof mascara doesn't do that!

Update: I recently experienced similar streaking problem with a waterproof mascara from Dior, so I am starting to think that waterproof mascaras doesn't work well with oily eye lids …

This is a great mascara. Swimming with my husband and I asked him if I had black eyes from this mascara. He told me none at all and your lashes look extra long!! It does a good job but I find it very difficult to get off. I guess I need to try a new method, maybe coconut oil?? I admit I probably don't spend enough time trying to get the mascara off. I wash my face at night and gently use the face wash on my eyelids etc. Get some of it off, then I wake up and there are flecks below my lower lashes. I will still buy it, like I said I need to spend more time getting it off at night, but gently of course.

The brush is perfect to get all your lashes curly and voluminous, however, the formula smears all the time and by the end of the day I look like a raccoon. LOREAL, you need to improve the formula and stop claiming that this is waterproof and smudge-proof because it's not.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is amazing for me.
I have long, straight, light coloured lashes that hold a curl. This adds so much volume and is perfect for everyday, but can be built up for a special look too. It's never smudged on me (which happens most with mascaras due to my eyes being small and disappearing when i smile) and looks great behind my large eye glasses.
10/10

I've been looking for a replacement for my L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof for a year now and this is the best thing I've found. L'Oreal Waterproof mascaras are great at holding curl and this bush get's every little hair. I only wish I had found this earlier!

I purchased the waterproof version of VML with the hope that it would give the same exact look as the regular VML but hold the curl much better (the only drawback I found with the regular VML). The waterproof version did hold the curl very well but because the formula was much, much drier it didn't give the volume and length that the regular version gave and thus my lashes looked very "meh". I found that I had to combine the two versions to give the look I wanted and still hold the curl all day.

Because I hate having to buy and use multiple tubes of mascara for a look, I will not be repurchasing.

I really did like this mascara. Staying power is great, holds my curl really well, and I do feel like it adds volume to my eyelashes too. My main complaints with it, and why I took off for is because it does get a little flaky if I'm not careful and put too much on. Unfortunately I cannot really add to the waterproofness of it, as I use Rimmel Wake Me Up (Green one) underneath it most of the time (which is not waterproof at all). I have noticed that when I just use the Rimmel, my mascara smudges, when I use L'Oreal over it, there is no smudging. Also noting that I got 630 which is just Black, incase you're not aware there is also a blackest black in waterproof. I'm just saying b/c the store I got it from didn't even have a place for the blackest black so I thought it just came in black.