L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes - waterproof

3.9

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium Edta, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Ethylparaben, Pvp, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Soluble Collagen, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain [+/- CI 77266/Black 2], FIL D45782/2.

The brush is perfect to get all your lashes curly and voluminous, however, the formula smears all the time and by the end of the day I look like a raccoon. LOREAL, you need to improve the formula and stop claiming that this is waterproof and smudge-proof because it's not.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This mascara is amazing for me.
I have long, straight, light coloured lashes that hold a curl. This adds so much volume and is perfect for everyday, but can be built up for a special look too. It's never smudged on me (which happens most with mascaras due to my eyes being small and disappearing when i smile) and looks great behind my large eye glasses.
10/10

I've been looking for a replacement for my L'Oreal Telescopic Waterproof for a year now and this is the best thing I've found. L'Oreal Waterproof mascaras are great at holding curl and this bush get's every little hair. I only wish I had found this earlier!

I purchased the waterproof version of VML with the hope that it would give the same exact look as the regular VML but hold the curl much better (the only drawback I found with the regular VML). The waterproof version did hold the curl very well but because the formula was much, much drier it didn't give the volume and length that the regular version gave and thus my lashes looked very "meh". I found that I had to combine the two versions to give the look I wanted and still hold the curl all day.

Because I hate having to buy and use multiple tubes of mascara for a look, I will not be repurchasing.

I really did like this mascara. Staying power is great, holds my curl really well, and I do feel like it adds volume to my eyelashes too. My main complaints with it, and why I took off for is because it does get a little flaky if I'm not careful and put too much on. Unfortunately I cannot really add to the waterproofness of it, as I use Rimmel Wake Me Up (Green one) underneath it most of the time (which is not waterproof at all). I have noticed that when I just use the Rimmel, my mascara smudges, when I use L'Oreal over it, there is no smudging. Also noting that I got 630 which is just Black, incase you're not aware there is also a blackest black in waterproof. I'm just saying b/c the store I got it from didn't even have a place for the blackest black so I thought it just came in black.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think this is my new HG mascara since 2009!!! (My original HG was Maybelline's waterproof Colossal Volume)

I love this! Just tried it for the first time today on my semi-long, straight Asian lashes. I curled my lashes beforehand. Compared to Maybelline, this has beautiful EXTREME VOLUME!!! I love it!

it has the huge bushy brush that I LOVE from Maybelline's Colossal Volume too! It hasn't smudged/smeared/flaked either after 6 hrs of class. I haven't tried tested its waterproof ability yet so I can't comment on that.

Beautiful sleek packaging too! Loooooove!

-1 hard to remove

Great for sensitive eyes and does not smudge! Sonia kashuk eye makeup remover works well to remove.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the only drugstore mascara I will buy for a long, long time. The formula doesn't smudge on me at all, even when I get my face wet. It doesn't flake or irritate my eyes, either. The brush does a good job of getting every little lash, without making them clumpy. It definitely makes it look like I have more lashes! However, it's a very lightweight mascara that isn't very buildable. It only gives me a little volume and length, even with 2 coats. It really just makes my lashes darker and more visible, if that makes sense, and makes it seem like I have more eyelash hairs. For that reason, I don't reach for this mascara every day, but it's a solid option for the beach, gym, etc. - basically anywhere that I don't need really lush eyelashes but I still want them to be visible.
ETA: I agree with the reviewer who said that the funnel opening is too small and removes too much product from the brush. That is probably why it's so hard to build up the product. Also, I really dislike the packaging - it's a very flimsy feeling plastic with flakey goldish metallic paint. The writing was already halfway smudged off the tubes in their packages at Target! It looks and feels SO cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty good mascara. Wow.
It reminds me of a clump and smudge free version of Maybelline's The Rocket (which I love).
I like the packaging, a sleek gold tube. I feel so glamorous when I pull it out for use.
The wand has short rubber bristles, it does tend to get clumpy a little bit but I just clean off the clumps either on the edge of the tube or a clean paper towel. First initial coat is light and feathery, and it does give that volume that I love! It might replace my beloved Colossal!
Second coat starts to look a tad spidery on me, but overall, there is some great volume I end up getting at the end of it. Nicely done! Also, little to no flaking! It's amazing! I also have the one in the blackest black version and it makes my green eyes look more deeply emerald and I really like that! Thanks L'Oreal! My faith in you has been restored!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

2.5/5

This is a decent waterproof mascara. It holds curl well, but I didn't care for the consistency. It thickens the lashes but makes them look a bit plastic-like... not sure how to describe it. Also it flakes on me. Overall, it's ok but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend it.

Popular Mascaras