L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes - waterproof

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium Edta, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Ethylparaben, Pvp, Sodium Hyaluronate, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Soluble Collagen, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, May Contain [+/- CI 77266/Black 2], FIL D45782/2.

I really did like this mascara. Staying power is great, holds my curl really well, and I do feel like it adds volume to my eyelashes too. My main complaints with it, and why I took off for is because it does get a little flaky if I'm not careful and put too much on. Unfortunately I cannot really add to the waterproofness of it, as I use Rimmel Wake Me Up (Green one) underneath it most of the time (which is not waterproof at all). I have noticed that when I just use the Rimmel, my mascara smudges, when I use L'Oreal over it, there is no smudging. Also noting that I got 630 which is just Black, incase you're not aware there is also a blackest black in waterproof. I'm just saying b/c the store I got it from didn't even have a place for the blackest black so I thought it just came in black.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I think this is my new HG mascara since 2009!!! (My original HG was Maybelline's waterproof Colossal Volume)

I love this! Just tried it for the first time today on my semi-long, straight Asian lashes. I curled my lashes beforehand. Compared to Maybelline, this has beautiful EXTREME VOLUME!!! I love it!

it has the huge bushy brush that I LOVE from Maybelline's Colossal Volume too! It hasn't smudged/smeared/flaked either after 6 hrs of class. I haven't tried tested its waterproof ability yet so I can't comment on that.

Beautiful sleek packaging too! Loooooove!

Great for sensitive eyes and does not smudge! Sonia kashuk eye makeup remover works well to remove.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is the only drugstore mascara I will buy for a long, long time. The formula doesn't smudge on me at all, even when I get my face wet. It doesn't flake or irritate my eyes, either. The brush does a good job of getting every little lash, without making them clumpy. It definitely makes it look like I have more lashes! However, it's a very lightweight mascara that isn't very buildable. It only gives me a little volume and length, even with 2 coats. It really just makes my lashes darker and more visible, if that makes sense, and makes it seem like I have more eyelash hairs. For that reason, I don't reach for this mascara every day, but it's a solid option for the beach, gym, etc. - basically anywhere that I don't need really lush eyelashes but I still want them to be visible.
ETA: I agree with the reviewer who said that the funnel opening is too small and removes too much product from the brush. That is probably why it's so hard to build up the product. Also, I really dislike the packaging - it's a very flimsy feeling plastic with flakey goldish metallic paint. The writing was already halfway smudged off the tubes in their packages at Target! It looks and feels SO cheap.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Tried this due to good reviews. My main problem was that the funnel opening took too much product off the wand. I could barely get any on my eyelashes. It didn't really do anything for my lashes other than color them black. My eyelash curls also fell slightly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a pretty good mascara. Wow.
It reminds me of a clump and smudge free version of Maybelline's The Rocket (which I love).
I like the packaging, a sleek gold tube. I feel so glamorous when I pull it out for use.
The wand has short rubber bristles, it does tend to get clumpy a little bit but I just clean off the clumps either on the edge of the tube or a clean paper towel. First initial coat is light and feathery, and it does give that volume that I love! It might replace my beloved Colossal!
Second coat starts to look a tad spidery on me, but overall, there is some great volume I end up getting at the end of it. Nicely done! Also, little to no flaking! It's amazing! I also have the one in the blackest black version and it makes my green eyes look more deeply emerald and I really like that! Thanks L'Oreal! My faith in you has been restored!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

2.5/5

This is a decent waterproof mascara. It holds curl well, but I didn't care for the consistency. It thickens the lashes but makes them look a bit plastic-like... not sure how to describe it. Also it flakes on me. Overall, it's ok but I wouldn't repurchase or recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

My everyday mascara! I live in florida, have an outdoor school, and have pin straight lashes; So i need something thats really waterproof. This stuff does the job! It's easy and is not clumpy. Its perfect to throw on after curling my lashes before school because I dont have to worry about it clumping or being weird. The packaging looks luxurious and its great because it has a little device in there that automatically scrapes off excess product which is perfect. The only thing is with me it always gets on my lid no matter what, but that happens to me with ALL plastic wands so it's nothing surprising and its nothing I cant fix with a q-tip and makeup remover. I will continue to repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wouldn't say its that great for keeping your lashes voluminous, but I can 100% say its not going anywhere if you decide to tear up randomly. I had a fight with my boyfriend and had tears streaming all down my face thinking I had mega racoon eyes. I went to the bathroom and found that my mascara was completely and utterly intact. L'oreal, thank you for creating a mascara that is cry-proof for when u are a weak ass bitch but yo makeup is on fleek.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this mascara after scouring the internet for a nice mascara that would make my lashes look like I've applied something. My lashes are hard to curl because they tend to eventually always droop down. Also, because I wear glasses and my lids are sort of on the oily side, my curls tend to not last very long. With that being said, this mascara stays on my lashes for a fairly long time (8+ hours). I can definitely say that this is waterproof because it stayed on my lashes without any residue after I played with water at a BBQ one day. One coat of this with your lashes won't really do much (based off my preference), but 2-3 coats tends to do the job. The consistency of the product is more on the dry side, which I would actually prefer it being more wet, but overall it is a great drugstore mascara if you are looking for one that lengthens and volumizes your lashes while also being waterproof.

Side note: don't expect extreme volume

Popular Mascaras