3.4

$25.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

2 months ago

Excellent mascara! I love this mascara, great formula and good price point. Makes my lashes thick and lush and is comparable to Lancôme voluminous mascara from ages ago). I’ve noticed that previous reviews, users have an issue with the applicator.... A tip about use that I’ve been doing for years: I NEVER EVER use the in pot spoolie. It brings out way too much and is just awful with ANY mascara. I always have a clean spoolie (you can buy them at chemists in packs of 10) then I pick up some mascara with it from the in pot spoolie (rub them together a bit) and then apply. It’s a lot easier to manage and it will never clump or get messy because you’re only using what you need (it’s going on little lashes after all). Doing it this way is more hygienic too.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3.0
from

3 months ago

First the good - it does give length to my sparse lashes and it holds a curl reasonably well. Makes my lashes look lush and natural, not fake. It also doesn't clump or smudge too badly. However, the brush is just too fat and spiky for small Asian eyes. Almost poked my eyeball out a couple of times! For that, i wouldn't buy this again.

About reviewer (371 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

4 months ago

I bought this because I liked the brush shape and thought I would be able to get well defined non clumpy lashes. Works ok but SMUDGES. As in after an hour or two there is dark smear in lower lash line. I have other mascaras that never do this. Will not be buying again.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

4 months ago

I had high hopes for fake looking lashes but unfortunately , it applied thinly just about darkening my lashes and provided no volume or length . Worst of all the plastic brush irritated by lash line and it is the worst mascara to remove . Talking industrial strength even with my Mac cleansing oil which normally breaks down everything including sunscreen and other waterproof mascaras . I think I used it twice . Both times just as bad . Rollerlash wasn't any better btw .

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

5 months ago

I was looking for a new mascara and read a few reviews to find the best one. This mascara had so many amazing reviews so I decided to give it a try and I don’t regret my decision. This is one fabulous mascara! I have eyelash extensions and have had no problems with this mascara. It makes my lashes feel so soft and it lasts all day. It doesn’t smudge and it’s so easy to remove with normal face wash. I’ve had mine for over a year now and it hasn’t dried out at all. The only down side about this mascara is the price, it’s ridiculously overpriced. With that said, I would still repurchase this product.

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

7 months ago

This wasn't the worst mascara I have used. I rarely dislike any mascara because I do have naturally long lashes, so a lot of mascara looks really nice on my lashes. This mascara was a little clumpy which I did not like but I do know some people do so I thought I should mention. The wand isn't small but it isn't big either its a nice size and is easy to get the inner lashes. It does coats lashes nicely however it does get clumpy faster with more than 2 coats.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

8 months ago

This is one of my favorite mascaras. I have trouble with mascaras smearing under my lower lash line-the dreaded "racoon eyes". This one NEVER does that! It really gives me great definition, lengthens and thickens. I actually have had compliments on my lashes when I wear this. It stays on all day and looks great all day. I have repurchased this many times. This and Lash Paradise are my two favorites. I buy Lash Paradise when I'm feeling like saving money. I buy this when I feel like splurging, or when I find a good deal on it. (HSN sometimes has great deals.)

About reviewer (493 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

1.0

8 months ago

Got this in my Birchbox this month and am always excited to try new mascaras. This one is AWFUL!! It actually hurt to put it on, due to the brush and how it feels like barbed wire--especially if like me, you apply first at the lash base. The result was a couple coats of sloppy product all up in my eyelid and I looked like I had about 6 eyelashes on each side ! And here comes the WORST PART: I apply my PONDS while watching "Final Jeopardy" every night and when my fingers and then tissue showed NO sign of black mascara I knew this was going to be trouble. Three applications of PONDS and there was still mascara at the base of my lashes that took two hot water and soap applications to remove ! I was scared I'd scrubbed away my lashes. Thankfully my L'OREAL Voluminous showed me this morning I was back to normal ! Read "ROLLERGIRL'S" great review on this product and AMEN to everything else bad said about this horrible product.

Age56 & Over

SkinDry

HairBlond

EyesBlue

8 months ago

Benefit They’re Real Mascara is the only true HG product I have. As in, cannot exist without it and nothing comes close. I have extremely oily skin / lids, the tiniest bit of hooded lids and very long, naturally curled lashes. All mascaras transfer to my crease, brow and brow bone without fail about 2 hours into my 12 hour day…except Benefit They’re Real. I’ve tried every drugstore brand (which are by far the worst), Too Faced Better than Sex + waterproof, Benefit Roller Lash and Bad Gal Lash, Milk Makeup KUSH High Volume and KUSH waterproof, Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir, Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara, Hypnose and Definicils, Dior Diorshow + Extase, blackout and waterproof, Urban Decay Perversion, Tarte Lights Camera Lashes, IT Cosmetics Superhero, Clinique High Impact, and YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils. ALL OF THEM TRANSFER with the exception of They’re Real, which doesn’t budge at all, not even when crying, in 100 degree heat and humidity or being in a pool. This mascara has gotten me through 15 hour metal festivals in hot and humid 100+ degree days in Chicago. Hands down the best mascara ever, but in my opinion, there is a bit of a learning curve, so I’ve listed below tips that I’ve found useful: • If you’re getting racoon eyes underneath your eyes, it’s possible that you have oily under eyes and need to set it with a small amount of powder, even if you’re a powder free person. Racoon eyes can even happen if you have face oil, primer or moisturizer coating your lashes prior to application—they should be clean, dry and free of any product. • If it’s not making your lashes as long as you expected, make sure you’re applying it to both the bottom side and top side of your lashes, this is true of literally any mascara to maximize the benefits. I apply to the underside of both eyes and while still wet, I take the opportunity to come out any clumps, then allow it to dry. Once dry, I apply mascara to the top sides of my lashes, comb then dry. • If you’re losing curl with this formula, when applying mascara to the top side of your lashes, slowly rotate the wand back towards your lid and hold there for a few seconds before releasing. If my lashes are being stubborn, sometimes I sit in front of a fan and let my lashes dry while rotating my wand back towards my lid • If your lashes are gross and sticky the next day, its because you didn’t remove all of the product, the Benefit They’re Real remover works the best in my opinion because it’s a creamy lotion formula, but I’ve been equally successfully with Clinique, and Neutrogena (even Equate’s version!) of makeup remover. • If the wand applies too much product and it becomes messy, scrape some off on the rim of the container, just make sure to gather it and push it back down inside when you’re done applying what’s on your brush. • If your tube dries out too quickly, I suggest buying the mini. It dries out just as quickly, but by the time it dries out, the tube is nearly empty. Otherwise, put a drop or two of Jamaican Black Castor Oil into the tube BEFORE it dries out. It’s a natural lash growth and conditioning treatment, but also keeps your mascara from drying out. Stop pumping your mascara, you’re introducing air into the container. • Once you think you’re reached the end of the tube, pop out the little collar plug and you’ll have 2-3 more weeks of mascara left in the bottom sides and top corners of the container.

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

8 months ago

I love this mascara! Truly one of my HG products. The length it gives my lashes is unreal. I have long lashes but when I wear this it looks like i have false lashes on. It instantly elevates any look that I've got on. My eyes look bigger and I generally look more awake when I wear this. The ball at the end is perfect for separating and defining lashes. The only problem is that when the formula gets dry and a bit old it gets clumpy. Other than that I have zero complaints.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age19-24