benefit Cosmetics They're Real Lengthening Mascara

benefit Cosmetics They're Real Lengthening Mascara

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

I have to confess I got this mascara for free at a 'lucky dip' promotion Benefit was having in Sydney. Usually it costs $43AUD, which is quite pricey, so I usually stick to drugstore mascaras. But this is really good. This mascara definitely lengthens and separates the lashes, giving that 'false lash' effect. It also doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day, which is great. This mascara is super long lasting, even though it isn't water-proof. It removes easily with an oil makeup remover. I like the brush, the spiky plastic bristles grip each of my lashes and apply an even layer of mascara to them. I really like how big and wide this makes my eyes look. Overall, it is worth the hype - but it is a bit overpriced. I would maybe buy this again as a splurge, I really like it. I can definitely see why this is a best-seller. Benefit did a great job with this one!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was my favorite mascara when I was using a sample size but somehow the full-size didn’t translate for me. Maybe it gets dry, but it applies clumpy and it needs a lot of work with the spooly to look presentable, and many layers Are required to get a thickening effect. I’m going to finish off the one in my make up bag and continue my search for my HG mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample of this product in the mail and I have to say, I'm glad I didn't spend money on it. It smudges super easy and I end up looking like someone punched me in the eye in about 5 minutes even though I haven't touched my eyes. I've tried to use it 4 separate times and every time it smudges and I have racoon eyes.. I expected a lot more from a $30 mascara.. I've bought much better ones for under $10. So save your money people, it's not worth it. Although, I will say it 100% delivered what it said it would, but what good is that if it's going to be all over your eye area?

on 3/9/2019 1:52:00 AM

Well,this is almost my dream mascara.I like a mascara that can be smoothly applied,and that IT wouldn't take long to put on. They're Real mascara isn't one of those.It does make your lashes huge in a good way,and very long too.The finish is beautiful.But the application takes too long for my liking.So it's not my HG mascara for that reason.If I feel I have the time,I do use it.It also doesn't give too much volume that I'd prefer. So 4 lippies.

on 3/6/2019 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this is my fav mascara, i love the brush because it separates the lashes so nicely. it's really hard to wash this mascara off which is kind of annoying. i haven't really shopped around but this is definitely the best ive ever tried

on 3/1/2019 10:06:00 AM

This gives me low key racoon eyes after a few hours at work, even in great weather. Really surprised since NYT-owned Wirecutter endorsed it. I honestly don't think I've looked this bad since that time I used the same tub of Great Lash for two years. Ehem.

The effect is pretty nice, if heavy, but it definitely applies clumps (not only clumps together lashes, but you know, adds lil mascara chunks), and no you cannot use the applicator to comb them out, because you can't wipe enough formula off of it (hence the clumps). So you end up applying more mascara and getting more clumps if you try.

Roller lash is actually a lot better ime, both applicator and formula. Still, my first recommendation for everyday is probably finding a cheaper, good, cruelty-free tubing/38 degree mascara - in Sweden Idun's Vatn (when discounted) fits the bill.

on 1/25/2019 11:27:00 AM

I recently started using this mascara after not using it for a few years. I am on a forever quest to find the perfect mascara and this is pretty good. I have tried just about every type of mascara, including drugstore and very high end like the seventy dollar Chantecaille. I use Chanel La Base primer/conditioner first to set up my lashes (after curling of course). After that I apply two coats of the product, not allowing it to fully dry between coats. I like to layer different mascaras, so I follow that with a coat of Eyeko Bespoke. I despise clumpy, stuck together lashes and this method provides perfect separation, length and volume. I currently have at least fifteen different mascaras I rotate through and am very picky about the brush. I have hooded eyelids, so I can’t use a big brush. This brush really helps with separation and the ball at the end is great for the corner eyelashes. I have no issues removing the product because I use Albolene cleanser, which essentially melts it off. I will very likely purchase again.

on 1/21/2019 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

While my HG mascara is Lancome Monsieur Big, I received a sample of They're Real and was pleasantly surprised. My lashes have good volume and length, but are extremely straight and light tipped. I curled my lashes, as usual, and applied two coats of this mascara. While not as dramatic as Monsieur Big, I was quite pleased with the application and appearance. I have been using this as my everyday mascara; no flaking or smudging and stays put until removal.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this full size sample free within Ulta gift bag. I was thrilled to try it based on the claims on the box. I really like the container, but the wand is interesting. I get the concept of a comb to push the lashes upwards?

I have stubborn lashes that I have to heat my eyelash curler and then immediately apply mascara before my lashes fall. This mascara did not make my lashes completely fall, but I lost about 25% hieght. This will lengthen your lashes, but does nothing for me on volume. The wand clumps at the tip and the sides of the wand does not contain much product. The formula does clump and you have to keep using the wand to disperse the formula in the lashes to look natural. This also burns my eyes.

PRO: slight lengthening over original lashes, but their are other brands that do better job

CON: Not volumizing
Wand is difficult to work with since the tip gets a clump of product, make sure to wipe it off.
Burns my eyes

on 1/4/2019 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I'm on my 3rd or 4th tube of this mascara. Whilst it doesn't give me some fake eyelash look, it does go on really nicely and defines what I already have. I was never after a fake lash look, so this is perfect for my long but very straight eyelashes. Very easy to apply and also easy to remove with body shop chamomile solution or just a miscellar water. When I want added volume, I apply a layer of Benefit base coat in light brown - a product I also use on its own when I want an even more natural look.