Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I just bought this for the 2nd time (after trying it a couple yrs back). I like it a lot. It makes my lashes a little thicker than the regular Falsies, but not as long. However, my lashes are a little longer than average, but they're thin as heck. I actually have spaces, so not a nice thick fringe at all unfortunately... W/ out mascara on you can't even see my lashes! That being said, I really like this formula. It delivers nice volume indeed. It also curls my lashes, or rather keeps them curled in a natural (not bent) kind of way. I think it's b/c of the shape of the brush. I've got large almond shaped eyes, so the brush is perfect for reaching the ends. I like that it's buildable too. It can get clumpy if you apply 3 coats, but the volume is excellent. I need mascaras that are on the clumpy side tho for my few lashes lol. Only draw back is, my lashes feel dry and a little crunchy w/ it on.

on 4/7/2016 10:50:00 PM

I haven't tried a ton of mascaras but out of the ones I've tried I like this one the best. I have very fine and sparse eye lashes and this mascara makes them appear fuller and makes them longer! It doesn't flake or clump on me.

To Read all 360 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/5/2016 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is just a good mascara, nothing more, nothing less.

It gives length, and I like the black color as well. It only does not do that much for volume, and the 'flared look' is also average.

But overall, considering the price, I kind of like it. It can compete with some high-end lenghtening mascara's.

on 3/13/2016 9:35:00 PM

The brush is great covers all the eyelashes with mascara it's does enhance your lashes if you have shot lashs does make your eyes pop out more but don't expect your lashes to be extremely long though if there short.

I really like this product. It is a great price for a product that makes my eye lashes look great.

The first thing I noticed was that this product had a smell... Not sure if I would classify it as good or bad. But if you have a sensitive nose, you might not want to buy this one.

I find it really doesn't do much for my lashes - not much volume nor much length.
It also leads to a lot of fall-out while applying (other mascaras don't leave anything of the sort when applying).

Durability: Seems ok, it has lasted for the times I've worn it (12-hours on average). I'm not an eye-rubber though.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again - I've tried other pharmacy mascaras at the same price point with better results. I might actually throw this one out before I even get close to finishing it.

on 1/21/2016 7:07:00 PM

Maybelline's first gen The Falsies was the best mascara I used from the drugstore. They keep trying to come out with different "falsies" and this didnt make the cut. The wand is similar to the Mega Plush wand which didn't do much for my lashes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff. It is a dry and light weight formula and it makes my lashes look very long. it is not make them look like falsies per say.
i got this for $4, a great price!

I purchased this mascara on Saturday and I wore it once so this is a buy and try. I purchased it on sale 2 for $12 at CVS. I purchased the Maybelline Volume Express the falsies flared waterproof in black. Here is the thing the claims are false eyelashes and if you normally like natural eyelashes this will give you false eyelashes . But I normally like false eyelashes every day so this is more of an everyday look. I like the packaging it is not bulky it travels well. It doesn't have a weird smell, it doesn't make my eyes water , it holds a curl and it does give you a lot of volume. Also there are many different looks for false eyelashes . I like a mascara to give me volume, length, separation , fullness and to hold a curl and to not flake, I do think I have high standards for a waterproof mascara and I will say that this mascara passed the test I would like more length and volume for and event mascara but for me this is great for everyday . I also think this mascara is definitely buildable if you want to take it to the max of what this mascara can do. I will also say when do apply a few coats of mascara it can get clumpy but that is with any mascara and I'm talking 4 or 5 coats so. I will say if you want a good everyday mascara and you like an every day false lash look this will be a great one to try or if you are looking for a false lash effect mascara for an event I also think you will like it. I think it is meant to be an every day false lash mascara but can be worn as an event mascara by curling your lashes, piling it on or pairing it with a lengthening mascara. All in all I think it is worth a buy an try also the brush is a curved natural bristle brush with a lot of bristles. It is a thick wet formula as well and the mascara is pigmented. So I like it a lot don't love it but I think in time I just might love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It is really flaky and clumpy. It crumbles off of your lashes not long after you apply it. It really sucks as a mascara haha. I was disappointing as it is kind of expensive to pay for something that you don't like and will never use again. It's not a good mascara, the Maybelline mega plush mascara is soo much better.