Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++
BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

2.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this for the SPF coverage needing something quick and easy for the summer months. I purchased the shade "Light" and was surprised at how dark and yellow the color was. Because it's fairly light coverage, the color wasn't a huge issue, but I wasn't able to use until I reached the end of summer. (I am typically around NW15 in winter, NW20-25 in summer months)

The coverage is ok. It is light, and won't hide any blemishes if you have them, but it does a decent job of correcting the discoloration in my cheeks. (better coverage than most BB creams I have tried though) When I first started using, I was loving it. It was fast and easy, decent SPF, perfect for beach days.

If you have oily skin, pass on this. My very dry skin looks greasy at the end of the day using this. Even set with a powder, my forehead shines like crazy. (something I have never experienced before)

I paid a hefty sum for this product, and was determined to make use of it. After using for 9 more days, I looked in the mirror one evening and noticed little white bumps in all my pores! My chin was covered in easily visible white gunky bumps! (despite having a solid skincare regimen to remove all makeup each night) It was just way to oily and greasy for my parched skin!

I had visited a friend who sent me a few pics we took. (on a day I had used the BB cream) and the photos were terrible. My friend even mentioned how unflattering the photos were, blaming the lighting. Nope, it was the BB cream. It photographs really poorly. That was the day this went into the dumpster.

I was really hoping to love this, because I love the Bobbi Brown foundation stick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The SA in Bobbi Brown told me that this cream had an oil control feature so if I had dry skin I shouldn't use it. However, I got a sample from her and used it for a week (I wouldn't buy a fdtn that I couldn't try first) and I would definitely use it when in summer or in Asia (my summer home).

Price: For RM150 (about GBP30) its on the expensive side. But not so expensive that I wouldn't pay for it again. So i would buy it again.

Packaging : Standard. The upside down tube is the easiest way to get maximum product without compromising the sanitation of the remaining product. I suppose it may be quite easy to cut the tube up and scrape the remainder out when you can no longer squeeze (and I will do this because of how much it cost me).

Product: It evens out my skintone and is not sticky at all. Its very easy to blend with fingers or a brush and I like that its light coverage. I use it on days when I'm not really wanting to put on a whole face so I just use this and maybe something on the lip. It doesn't cover all spots/redness perfectly so if I were using this for a full face I would layer a thin layer of foundation on top and go from there. (I do not use concealer). The spf is an added bonus when in summer or in a hot country. It doesn't dry me out. It smells very lightly of sunscreen but that's only if you stick your nose in proper to smell it. It leaves a matte finish.

As an Asian with yellow undertone the colour (the darkest for me) suits me perfectly.