Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

My skin is combo-dry, about an NC35/40. The pump on this is great, the price is $$ for drugstore ($30 CDN), and the texture feels like a thick gel texture. The fragrance is overwhelming imo. I applied it with hands, BB, and brush and disliked the way it applied with pretty much all of them. The foundation looks and feels like it just sits on top of the skin, it doesn't quite meld with the skin and the color selection isn't great. My closest match is the #53 but it's a bit too pink. Overall not a fan but i seem to be one of the rare few that do not like it

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging and ingredients are great, smells amazing. I have the color 51 and it is slightly darker and orangey for me but i dont mind. It does not give much coverage but is so moisturizing. This looks soo natural and undetectable on the skin. It blends in so well with any type of application. I like to wear this on days where my skin is in good condition but still want to look more even, or days where my skin just feels like crap and all i need is moisture.

on 1/16/2017 11:04:00 PM

It's ok for daily use, but I have to set it nice, because if i don't it's gone very fast...

on 1/15/2017 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've tried every kind of foundation from drug store to high end. I picked this up after watching Lisa Eldridge use it on a woman of my age. It can go on sheer and be built up without looking cakey. I don't find it settles into my deep lines and with a dusting of powder seems to last for a good 6-7 hours.
For the price, it's incredible value and it makes my skin look soft and healthy while moisturising it. Highly recommend for women in my age bracket - it's just as good as Chanel for every day wear, and less opaque than Urban Decay or Kat Von D. So if you are like me and like to have a bit of life showing in your skin, pick this up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm basically obsessed with finding a foundation with the most skin-like, natural finish possible for when I choose to wear foundation. Skin care is my main focus and I treat my skin as best as I can with daily PA++++ sunscreen, moisture and hydration and a vit C serum, so my 22 year old skin is in pretty good shape most of the time except for occasional small breakouts. I don't have much to cover and most days I just conceal under the eyes, spot conceal anywhere else needed, and do a light dusting of powder. I have combo, easily dehydrated skin that can get some oil in the T-zone when it's not properly moisturized and hydrated.

I've heard of this foundation for years and heard great things about it being extremely skin like and natural looking, but for some reason I never tried it until recently. I've dabbled in much more expensive, high end foundations like YSL and Dior. This is 30$ at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada so to me it's just verging on mid-end priced foundation - expensive for drugstore but just under the lower priced foundations you can find in Sephora. This foundation beats out all of the higher end foundations I've tried in the past few years and is my current HG.

One pump of this foundation gives light-medium coverage on my face which is what I typically want, because I don't have much to cover and want the most natural looking finish possible. Two full pumps ends up being too much coverage for my tastes but it can be built up to fuller coverage. I'll frequently do less than one pump if I want that imperceptible, editorial-like natural skin look. I apply using either a beauty blender or just my fingers to really work and meld the product into the skin. The finish on my skin is a very natural skin-like finish, not matte but not dewy. It's winter right now so my skin is drier and it's perfectly suited to my skin, I can see how it the summer this could get more dewy and might not last as long but I think it would still look beautiful. I've worn it for 8-9 hours (typically don't wear makeup longer than that) and it's lasted with just some minor shine on the nose which is typical for me, easily taken away by blotting. It photographs beautifully too.

It has a fruity smell which I actually like and I'm usually put off by smells. I love the thin pump bottle, the only minor complaint is I wish that the red cap snapped on better because if you are carrying it in a makeup bag I have noticed it can fall off so you have to be mindful of that.

This foundation is well-loved by many for a reason and it's definitely become my current HG foundation, I'm not reaching for any others anymore. I'll definitely repurchase. I'm sure I'll try other foundations out in the future because I'm always looking to see if there's something better, but right now nothing beats this for me.

on 1/7/2017 6:35:00 PM

After hearing many good things about this foundation, I decided to give it a try. I do have dry/combo skin. It's oily around my nose area and chin, but dry everywhere else, even in my T-zone. I have this in the lightest shade, which is 51 (Vanilla). It matches my skintone perfectly. I'm an NC 20-25.

The smell of this foundation is nice. It smells florally, like roses. Even though it has fruit extracts, it doesn't smell fruity. It actually reminds me of the PF happy booster line. It has almost an identical scent!!! Coverage I would say is light to medium which is fine for me since I just wanted something to even out my skin tone. My skin is relatively clear. Aside from some acne scars here and there, and some redness. I do like full coverage foundations but hate how they look so heavy and "cakey" on the skin.

This foundation does a good job in evening out my skin. If i want more coverage, i just add a bit of my concealer and mix it in with this foundation. 1 pump is all I use and i think that's enough to cover my entire face, sometimes i find it's even a bit too much.

As with all foundations, I think this looks better after a couple hours of wear. When your face oils have come out. Even though it's a serum foundation, I don't find that it gives a very dewy finish, more satin on me. Then again, I do have dry skin, maybe that's why.

I set this with RCMA no color powder and find it lasts a good amount of time. I had it on for about 8hrs the first time and it didn't really seem to fade much.

All in all, I do like this foundation and will keep using it but not sure if I would repurchase. $30CAD for 30ml, seems quite high for me. I'm sure you can find it for cheaper online though.

About my skin : I am very fair ( NC15 ) with slight yellow undertones. I have combination skin ( oily t-zone and chin and normal cheeks. My skin is clear with the odd breakout around my chin however I have dark under eyes and discolouration around my mouth. I am a teenager and just wanted something to even out my skin tone and look natural, and last 8 hours ( my school day! ) .

Pros:

- This smells so good! It smells fruity while you're applying it but the smell dissipates quickly
- The packaging is perfect - slim and sleek, glass bottle, and a pump
- The foundation looks natural and skinlike, and is slightly dewy but not greasy or oily. It didn't cling to the slightly dry patches around my temples.
- It is a good colour match for me ( I got vanilla Clair ) however I would prefer it to be SLIGHTLY lighter, but its fine lol

Cons:

- After about 8 hours it slightly oxidised but it wasn't orange, it was just a bit more tan, a normal skin tone but different to my neck! But if you just want it on for a few hours it's amazing.
- It slips off if you don't apply powder. I always powder but when I applied this, I didn't want to mattify it as the dewy glow was beautiful! However when I didnt powder it, I wore it to school and I ended up having to scrub off the remaining foundation because it was coming off my face and onto my hands and anything that touched my face.

on 12/31/2016 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian woman, mid 30's, NC 25-30 with strong yellow undertone, dry&acne prone skin on U area, normal&slightly oily on T area

I'm on my second bottle since age finally catches up with me and my normal/combo skin has morphed to dry no matter how much moisturizer I put on it, I had to toss my oil control foundations away. This one was my first dewy foundation.

The pros :
- it offers medium coverage which I like. The amount of coverage is right for running an errand or go on a short meetings, basically on any average day to day routine.
- it's a babe to work with. Fingers, beauty blender,RT or sigma buff brush, you name it. It's a sweet sweet girl who knows what momma wants.
-the dewy finish. I look hydrated and seem to have a good night sleep the night before. I never have good night sleep.
- I dont have fine lines despite my age, nor enlarged pores, but I do have dry patches. This does not enhance my dry patches, so I am pleased.
- It never breaks my skin out despite its moisturizing, soothing properties and its dewy finish. And mind you, it is awfully easy for me to grow zits or acnes!
- I use #53, tad too yellow but it oxidizes in abt 30 mins to the color of my skin, so Im fine with it.
- i like the pump. It never misbehaves.two pumps and I'm ready.
- I love the price
- the texture is pleasant. It is light and feels like it soothes my skin the moment I apply it.

The cons :
- It does not last alone. It will slip. It will transfer EVERYWHERE without setting powder.
- It turns into ugly patches under setting powder (I use RCMA) unless I exfoliated then slept with sleeping mask on top of my PM skincare routine. I think it will work wonders to those who have clear amd perfect skin. Otherwise, you have to dust the setting powder very lightly
- I live in the tropics. It's hot and it's humid. You can imagine how it'd go. It wont last for 6 hours.

I like this foundation enough because the pros simply outweigh the cons. I will keep buying it :)

on 12/31/2016 6:28:00 AM

This foundation was a bit dark for me (I wish they had shade 50), and since I have oily skin it transferred a lot and did not last more than 6 hours. It also oxidized a bit (a shade darker or so). If you've got dry/normal skin, this will be great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This foundation has a light coverage, and a dewy finish. It looks beautiful on the skin, but I prefer the original Healthy Mix foundation because I prefer a little more coverage. I enjoy wearing this on days I want a 'no makeup' makeup look - as it really just looks like skin. If you don't mind a light coverage, and you can find a matching shade, I would really recommend trying this foundation.