Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 1/2/2019 1:37:00 PM

Heard wonderful things about this foundation, used it a couple of times and it felt fine. But yestrday I got a rash all over my cheeks and forehead, that can’t be explained by anything else but this foundation. So, if you have sensitive skin, avoid this product.

As I get older, I find I've become more particular about foundation and concealer. Many foundations will age me and leave my skin looking flaky, chalky, or flat. Matte foundations are an absolute no-no.

I have purchased the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation in Light Vanilla, and for leaving my skin looking youthful, healthy and natural, this one is great. The finish is dewy and plush skin without looking or feeling cakey. I don't find it cracks or settles in pores or around dry patches.

Coverage I'd say is light to medium, and I do think you can build it a bit. I apply with a Real Techniques sponge (the orange one). Longevity, I can't really speak to because I use a setting spray (if you're not using one and need your makeup to last 8 hours plus, do yourself a favor and get a setting spray anyway!)

Cons I would say are the price. It cost me about $30 CAD on Amazon, which is expensive for the small quantity. Also, I have to order it online from the UK, which requires planning ahead if I repurchase (which I will), to factor in shipping time (which is lengthy from overseas).

Also this is not a con for me, but I will say for those of you with oily skin, this one might be a bit too dewy. I've found once or twice I can get a bit too shiny in the forehead with this and need a bit of powder, but I'll gladly take that over drab, flat skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is an elegant serum like foundation with a translucent (not sheer!), softly matte finish. It is surprisingly pigmented. I would have rated it higher if I found a cookie match. My color is a bit tough to get both the undertones and overtones right: I'm strictly "Tan" (the girl from the live action Aladdin is my color twin...I'm a bit brighter and more golden but exact color family all the same). It's easy to get it too dark, brown, yellow or red. In this foundation, I found the darker colors too dark and yellow. I tried 56 and 54. Lighter was awful. All were horrible matches. Also, the foundation doesn't have the suitable finish for my face, since my skin is naturally dewy and this hampers it quite a bit. I feel this would be fantastic for those with dry to normal skins. It would suit the "soft focus radiance" of those skins. It didn't break me out and has no acnegenic ingredients, if people with sensitive, combination and acne prone want to test it out. I found it relatively easy on Amazon. My favorites for a more luminous finish are Glossier Tint, MAC F&B (not acne safe though but beautiful, youthful finish) and Koh Gen Do Aqua (the MVP of foundations in my book, no chaser).

on 12/23/2018 9:49:00 PM

So lovely!
I have combo skin, often dry patches in my forehead and the rest of my face is normal. I get greasy throughout the day and this is AMAZING!

My shade is 53, Beige Clair (I am a olive skinned, tanish but my face is abit light)

Coverage: Medium but buildable

Type: Satin (perfect mix of dewy and matte)

Consistency: Thin and runny, gel-like

Smell: Floral, very pleasant

Packaging: Very sanitary and practical

Price: I paid like $30-40 ? Something like that but totally worth it!

Detailed review: this is so great! The coverage is very natural but still covers my pores and redness as well as makes my skin very soft and velvety! It lasts all day and smells really nice.

I wear Milani Hydrating and Poreless primer, this foundation and the Milani Setting spray (Make it Last) - these are the best products ever.

I get abit greasy on my forehead sometimes but it is normal because of my skin but it makes my skin look so radiant and healthy and pretty 🎀

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I have it in 52 and it is a good match for a pale olive skin. Only thing I don't like: Does not last well.

on 11/1/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really like how it looks on my skin however unfortunately it does not last that well on my skin. Usually by around the 5 hour mark I'll start to see it breaking up on my skin. Could be due to the fact that my cheeks get really warm at times though

on 10/29/2018 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Olive/Asian combination Skin. Have a very oily T-zone but normal everywhere else. I prefer a satin finish and sheer-medium foundations rather than a full coverage matte foundation. I love a natural finish or the "like skin" bases. I'm about an NC30 in MAC and have the Light Beige 53 + Dark Beige 55 in the Serum Foundation. I'm on to my 3rd bottle and I also use the Healthy Mix Foundation from the same Brand.

Pros:
- Amazing for people who don't like wearing heavy foundation
- Has a pump (MAJOR PRO)
- The finish is light and feels plump on your skin
- Smells fruity
- Does not oxidize
- Bottle is travel friendly
- You can layer the foundation to full coverage but I would not advise it as it starts to get heavy on your skin
- Does not separate on my nose be the end of the day
- Decent longevity (I would say between 8-10 hours of wear, anymore than that it will start getting a bit dull)
- Satin/like skin finish
- Mixes well with highlighter liquid, other foundations, moisturizers & primers
- Better application with fingers, flat top dense brush or sponge

Cons:
- Only 6 shades in the range with 0 dark shades. Darkest shade they have is Hale Fonce which is similar to an NC 45 in Mac (I have never seen this shade at any of my local Priceline)
- Contains some ingredients which will not gel well with sensitive skin: Fragrance, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol Denat & Silica
- Foundation becomes shiny on my nose after about 3 hrs then I will need to blot every few hours after that (to deal with this I use a mattifying primer on my T-zone, then a pore minimizing primer on my T-zone, then I power with a translucent powder, then I go in with the foundation. This method gives me at least 4 hrs of wear before I have to deal with blotting but I have very oily T-zone so blotting is inevitable).
- Is not full coverage
- Pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation (about $30 at Priceline but they do 40% sales every now and then)
- Cap can break easily or I just loose it
- Not easily obtainable online or in-stores

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I find this foundation does not stay well on the face. The coverage is also Not the best. It’s very prone to smudges. The only thing that’s good is it looks natural. But will not repurchase

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’ve sworn off foundations and have only stuck to concealers because of how cakey and OBVIOUS they all look on my skin. That was, until I had a night out and desperately needed a foundation and picked this one up because it was cheap and convenient.

I LOVE this. It makes my dry skin look like my skin but better and it’s so incredibly dewy. I love love love this and don’t think I’ll use another foundation.

The ONLY thing I can say about it is that after having it on for 8+ hours and dancing and jumping around at a concert without a primer or a setting spray it started to melt in my T-zone - but that would have happened with ANY foundation and it’s nothing powder wouldn’t be able to fix. It’s also buildable. Perfect, just perfect.

on 10/1/2018 11:08:00 AM

I waited a long time to review this foundation and I must qualify that I think this foundation it’s probably better than more expensive foundations. I’m 72, so my big difficulties are with moisture and getting the foundation in fine lines. I think constant use of Retin-A since age 42 has really helped the development of lines and wrinkles but we can’t stay young forever even though we fight this all our days.

This foundation is very fluid and moisturizing when you apply it and I’m fairly happy with those qualities but the old elephant in the room stomps around and a couple of hours later it’s dried and set into some pores and lines. I’m going to try to add some passion fruit oil to see if I can thin and emoliate it... but right now it’s a NO from me.