Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 5/2/2018 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very dewy foundation, good for dry skin. Makes your skin look radiant. However, it transfers everywhere and rubs off easily - looks messy on my nose and chin within an hour or two. It also feels quite heavy on the skin. The product contains denatured alcohol so if you have sensitive skin (I do, it gives me small bumps on my face which aren't too visible but are very noticeable to the touch) I wouldn't really recommend it. I enjoy the scent, it's quite strong and fruity.

on 4/23/2018 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those with oily skin this product is best avoided in warm weather. I quite enjoyed wearing it over the winter and spring although I still needed to blot, but when the temperature rose last week it completely melted off my face and into my eyes, as well as looking like a huge oil spill on my face! The texture is semi-matte with very light coverage, but its not great for oily skin or if you want a completely matte finish.

on 4/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

My favourite everyday foundation and holy grail product. It gives beautiful, dewy natural finish and smells SO beautiful.

I am really happy with this product, it is like my all time fave Maybelline BB cream, but it noticeably has more pigment and it lasts longer! It is a creamy gel serum (more creamy than MAC F+B, which I also love but can be kind of 'sticky') and it smooths over pores very well and leaves a 'second skin' finish which is a must for me. It doesn't flake, cake or transfer onto my clothes, its really quite awesome. I use my fingers to blend it out and its quick and easy. I also bought the matching gel serum Sculpt Light Strobing Highlighter (light pink), its a lot nicer than the benefit high beam in my opinion (the coppery bronze version would be amazing on darker gals but def for nighttime because its crazy metallic).
Note that the lightest shade works for my neutral fair skin but it is a touch yellow toned so it may not be great for true peaches and cream fair girls and possibly asian girls as it may make you look sallow.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Woah. Holy grail. Gives the loveliest your skin but better glow. Makes me look like I had a good night's sleep. But most importantly looks like good skin. If you're looking for coverage your going to have to look elsewhere I'm afraid. I still need extra concealer for my dark circles. But I'm really impressed with this. I used to be scared of sheer foundations like this. But now realise its better for your skin to look like skin. Rather than looking like your wearing a full face of makeup. Don't get me wrong. I wear a briget Bardot smoky eye everyday with a darker lip. So people know I'm wearing makeup. But I want my base to look undetectable. The scene of this foundation is nice. Smells like apricots to me and the pump is a really nice touch. Will keep buying again and again. For reference I'm an NC30 - NC32 and wear the shade 53 light beige.

Can I just say, this is my favourite foundation.
I wear this everyday, when I wear this my skin still looks like my skin, but the best version of itself.
I have a lot of foundations, but this is my absolute favourite,
I've been repurchasing this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this and the non-serum version both. This one has light-medium coverage despite the very light texture - I would say this feels like a 'gel' that dries onto the skin, as you may expect from something called a serum.

I'm N10-15 and use the lightest shade 51 - it's definitely much more yellow than my natural skin but as long as I blend down my neck, matches me fine and is more flattering on me than beige/pink-toned foundations.

I prefer the non-serum version overall as it has a slightly creamier and thicker texture - also I find the shade less yellow. However this is still a 5 star foundation for me - just a shame I'm going cruelty-free so will have to find a replacement when this runs out.

on 3/3/2018 7:32:00 PM

I started using this product after a recommendation from one of the YT beauty gurus and I loved it ever since. It's not cakey and drying, doesn't look heavy, set in the fine lines or anything like that. It simply gives you a truly dewy finish without any need for extra highlighting primers or similar products to be mixed with it. I have tried to find a comparable foundation at a drugstore and I just don't think there is any. It's a sheer coverage, so if you have any spots that need concealing you would have to use a different product for that. I'm fine with that because I don't like a heavy mask sitting on my entire face. The shade range is rather limited, but you can always mix it with another foundation to get a more closer result. If you're looking for a foundation to unify your skin tone and give you an overall healthy looking skin without a heavy feel this is definitely it.

on 2/17/2018 6:23:00 AM

Seems quite thick and heavy; thought it was going to be thinner and glowy. Sits on surface despite trying to buff it in.

on 2/7/2018 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have both Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and the regular Healthy Mix Foundation. Between the two, I think Healthy Mix Foundation is better on normal-to-oily skin. You get better coverage and the finish is more matte. However, I have combination skin and in the winter sometimes my skin gets drier, so then I LOVE this serum foundation for the dewy finish. Sometimes I use Retin-A Micro which makes my skin look flaky and Healthy Mix Serum Gel is one of the few foundations that still looks flattering when that happens. I wear 52 Vanille in both formulas. I think it would be nice if they expanded their color range to include more skin tones.

I like the glass bottle and the pump is great. I always thought it was very cheap of Estee Lauder and NARS to make you buy a pump separately. Estee Lauder Double Wear costs $38 and you pay an additional $10 for the pump. NARS Sheer Glow is $47 and the $6 pump is sold separately. It's nice of Bourjois to include a free pump in the cost of the foundation rather than nickel-and-dime you for it. I was first introduced to Bourjois when I was traveling in Europe and my luggage was delayed. The brand was available in most pharmacies and fairly inexpensive. I was relieved to find that 52 Vanille matched me. In the United States I pay somewhere around $15 to $17 per bottle through online vendors.

I do wish the brand were cruelty free because it's been a great foundation when my skin is slightly dry. If you prefer to buy cruelty free, The Ordinary has foundations that are cheap and quite good for the price, however; their Serum foundation is not a dupe of this formula. In The Ordinary I wear 1.2N which leans a bit yellow. I've also tried Wet 'n Wild Photo Focus Foundation in Soft Beige, but the finish is closer to the regular Healthy Mix Foundation - more of a satin matte with more coverage than this serum gel foundation. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in Vanilla has a dewy finish but it's more of a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation provides better coverage than Complexion Rescue.

As others have mentioned, there is a fruity fragrance in both Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations. In general, I prefer fragrance free foundations. However, after I've worn the makeup for a few minutes I'm less aware of the scent.