Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this foundation. I have it in 52 and it is a good match for a pale olive skin. Only thing I don't like: Does not last well.

on 11/1/2018 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really like how it looks on my skin however unfortunately it does not last that well on my skin. Usually by around the 5 hour mark I'll start to see it breaking up on my skin. Could be due to the fact that my cheeks get really warm at times though

on 10/29/2018 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have Olive/Asian combination Skin. Have a very oily T-zone but normal everywhere else. I prefer a satin finish and sheer-medium foundations rather than a full coverage matte foundation. I love a natural finish or the "like skin" bases. I'm about an NC30 in MAC and have the Light Beige 53 + Dark Beige 55 in the Serum Foundation. I'm on to my 3rd bottle and I also use the Healthy Mix Foundation from the same Brand.

Pros:
- Amazing for people who don't like wearing heavy foundation
- Has a pump (MAJOR PRO)
- The finish is light and feels plump on your skin
- Smells fruity
- Does not oxidize
- Bottle is travel friendly
- You can layer the foundation to full coverage but I would not advise it as it starts to get heavy on your skin
- Does not separate on my nose be the end of the day
- Decent longevity (I would say between 8-10 hours of wear, anymore than that it will start getting a bit dull)
- Satin/like skin finish
- Mixes well with highlighter liquid, other foundations, moisturizers & primers
- Better application with fingers, flat top dense brush or sponge

Cons:
- Only 6 shades in the range with 0 dark shades. Darkest shade they have is Hale Fonce which is similar to an NC 45 in Mac (I have never seen this shade at any of my local Priceline)
- Contains some ingredients which will not gel well with sensitive skin: Fragrance, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol Denat & Silica
- Foundation becomes shiny on my nose after about 3 hrs then I will need to blot every few hours after that (to deal with this I use a mattifying primer on my T-zone, then a pore minimizing primer on my T-zone, then I power with a translucent powder, then I go in with the foundation. This method gives me at least 4 hrs of wear before I have to deal with blotting but I have very oily T-zone so blotting is inevitable).
- Is not full coverage
- Pretty expensive for a drugstore foundation (about $30 at Priceline but they do 40% sales every now and then)
- Cap can break easily or I just loose it
- Not easily obtainable online or in-stores

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I find this foundation does not stay well on the face. The coverage is also Not the best. It’s very prone to smudges. The only thing that’s good is it looks natural. But will not repurchase

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’ve sworn off foundations and have only stuck to concealers because of how cakey and OBVIOUS they all look on my skin. That was, until I had a night out and desperately needed a foundation and picked this one up because it was cheap and convenient.

I LOVE this. It makes my dry skin look like my skin but better and it’s so incredibly dewy. I love love love this and don’t think I’ll use another foundation.

The ONLY thing I can say about it is that after having it on for 8+ hours and dancing and jumping around at a concert without a primer or a setting spray it started to melt in my T-zone - but that would have happened with ANY foundation and it’s nothing powder wouldn’t be able to fix. It’s also buildable. Perfect, just perfect.

on 10/1/2018 11:08:00 AM

I waited a long time to review this foundation and I must qualify that I think this foundation it’s probably better than more expensive foundations. I’m 72, so my big difficulties are with moisture and getting the foundation in fine lines. I think constant use of Retin-A since age 42 has really helped the development of lines and wrinkles but we can’t stay young forever even though we fight this all our days.

This foundation is very fluid and moisturizing when you apply it and I’m fairly happy with those qualities but the old elephant in the room stomps around and a couple of hours later it’s dried and set into some pores and lines. I’m going to try to add some passion fruit oil to see if I can thin and emoliate it... but right now it’s a NO from me.

I always want to try this but it's expensive compare to Maybelline foundation, so when it's on sale for usd 6 , I imm buy it.
I buy 51 and it still not pale enough for me.
It perform like Maybelline foundation on me. It's not bad, but not ok. Not make me flawless.
Drugstore foundation are the same in my skin. Not good but not bad.
Only 2 lippie because original price is more than 10 bucks, if it is usd 6 , I will give 5 lippie.
It's not that bad in blending, not that bad in color, not that bad through out the day. Not drying, not oily, so it's okay.
Buy it on SALE, it's not worth it if it's more than usd 10 .

on 9/20/2018 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I ordered this online as it is not avail in the USA. Mac NC15/20 I ordered #51 and it's not a bad match. I am not loving this the way I thought I would. It has no staying power. I use my usual moisturizer, then primer, or no primer, or adding a dot of Mac Strobe which usually can fix anything. If I apply more heavily, it's cakey. If I apply lightly, the coverage is decent but it's gone in 4-5 hours. I do not have blemishes to cover and my undereye circles are more than I can expect any foundation to cover so I have a separate concealer (Nars Radiant) for them. I have applied w/brush and fingers. Fingers give a more natural finish. I also find it faintly drying.

on 8/25/2018 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Such a lovely foundation, it rivals higher end brands but for a fraction of the price.

on 6/7/2018 7:24:00 PM

I have this in #51, light vanilla which is the lightest shade. Cost me £11 which for a drugstore foundation is around average and is slightly more expensive than the regular Healthy Mix foundation (which I also own).

This is definitely the more lightweight and least detectable of the two types - it's a gel foundation with a somewhat thin consistency, with light coverage and a semi-matte finish. This won't adequately cover any acne spots, redness, or marks by itself - you will absolutely need to wear concealer over any problem areas. However, as it is so thin and light it isn't cakey at all and even if your skin is oily like mine, it won't settle into lines or separate on the skin. With concealer and judicious use of powder on the t-zone, this makes my skin look more even and smooth while still having a nice natural-looking glow. I'd say this is definitely a foundation for good skin days, but it's one of my favourites for hot summer weather since it makes my skin look better while being less likely to slide and melt off my face since it's so lightweight - it feels like there's not a lot of product on the skin. I do still need to use blotting papers +/- powder on the oiliest areas, though.

The shade range is quite limited - there's only 6, I think - and I was worried this wouldn't suit me since it seems more yellow-toned than the regular healthy mix. But it blended in like a dream - there's no orange line on my neck or jawline and doesn't look out of place.

Packaging is nice, just a sturdy glass bottle with a pump dispenser - less chance of contaminants getting to the product in the bottle. It's a taller and slimmer design too which is easier to slot into a handbag on the go.

If you favour foundations with higher coverage, a more matte finish, or have strongly pink-toned skin then I would say you might find the regular healthy mix more suitable. This is a light foundation in terms of coverage, consistency, and is more reflective and semi-matte, It isn't shimmery or glittery though. For whatever reason, the shades all lie on the yellower side - not excessively and it doesn't look too yellow on, but it is noticeable straight out the bottle.
Anyway, I think this fares better in hotter, humid weather as like with many gel foundations it dries down to a thin and longwearing film over the skin that I find is less displaced by oil or sweat over the day. One of my go-to summer foundations, provided my skin is behaving itself.