Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 12/14/2017 12:22:00 PM

I have very dry and sensitive skin, so choosing the right foundation is quite difficult for me. This one is not like some other foundations I used before, it doesn't make my skin caky and heavy when I apply it with a brush and then blend with a RT sponge. From my experience, if you have dry skin, you need to use a brush to apply foundation and a sponge to blend, don't use just the brush or just the sponge to apply and blend. The foundation has light to medium coverage, luminous finish and easy to transfer from your face to your clothes or your hands if you carelessly touch your face.Therefore, you really need a good powder to keep it in place. It could stay nice on your face in four hours, after that it will get separated considerably. In general, If you want a light and luminous finish, it is the right one, but if you want more coverage and a longlasting effect, you might choose another option. This foundation is a little more expensive, in comparison to other drugstore foundations with medium and high coverage. I will give it 3.5 points for not making my skin look caky, flaky, dry and heavy.

on 11/30/2017 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation. Bought it on a whim because I love the CC cream from Bourjois. Didn't expect to love it and was so pleasantly surprised. I like a more sheer foundation and this one is awesome. Applied with a sponge, it can be sheered out to almost nothing, leaving your skin looking radiant and healthy, with a nice glow. I have dry skin, sometimes very dry skin and I don't find that it clings to dry patches. I don't usually use a primer and never with this. When applied with a brush, it can be build up to a medium coverage. Even with a medium coverage, you get the same glow and radiance - an overall healthy and youthful look. I find that the staying power is great, never seem to wear of during a normal workday (8-10 hours). It feels comfortable on the skin, very lightweight.
I prefer this version over the "normal" one, as I find this one looks more radiant and healthy and youthful.
I will set it with a bit of powder and even being more on the drier side, I can get a bit shiny during the day, that's easily fixed with a blotting sheet or a compact.

on 10/20/2017 5:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Really pleasantly surprised by this foundation! I had read lots of glowing reviews but always assumed this was only for dry skin - but I'm combo skin & this works really well especially with light dusting of powder (MAC MSFN or LM translucent loose). I wear 52 at the moment which is probably between NC15 & 20 and will buy 51 for the winter. Really good price & nice natural look but still some coverage for my sleep deprived new mum skin!

This isn't a bad foundation but there aren't a lot of shades. I found it to be a little too oily. I have combo skin leaning to the dry side so it would definitely not fit oily skin if it is too oily for me. Great price point and worth a try if you can test the shade before purchase or return if the shade isn't a good match.

on 10/29/2017 5:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the foundation, but find it to be very restrictive due to the poor shade range & the yellowish undertone.
(More suitable for NC skin tone than NW).
The texture is gel like, glide on smoothly & easy to blend. Unfortunately, it tend to cling to dry patches. :(
The coverage is light to medium-ish,
great for “barely there” makeup look or for these who seek just light covarge ( imperfections does peeks through) , if you’re looking for medium-full coverage skip this one.
The finish is dewy-glowy & very natural looking.
By the end of the day when I remove my makeup I’ve noticed that my complexion does look better!! Which is a rare concept when it comes to makeup. (I’m guessing thanks to the unique formula) :)
Almost a HG.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

SHADE: #51 Vanilla

Worn underneath a moisturising primer (of choice: Nude By Nature - Undercover Airbrush Mineral Primer) and applied with clean fingers or a foundation brush (of choice: VDL + Pantone 2016 Liquid Foundation Brush), this radiant and moisturising foundation leaves the skin dewy and fresh, without the statement of "You have make up on!" It has a lovely *light* fruity/fresh scent and has light to medium coverage (buildable). The texture is like normal liquid foundations but it feels almost like a moisturiser but with good coverage and zero dryness. The shade I self matched, was perfect and didn't have any yellowy or pinky tones to it (which I really dislike when it comes to my style of foundations).
I was surprised at how well it covered my rosy cheeks (due to sensitive skin) and felt like second skin. I've found that it really stays on without caking up or creasing (it's *very* light) and when used with a matte primer (of choice: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer), the skin stays matte! The foundation does not change throughout the day (ie. does not oxidise) and my skin felt fine after each use.
Purchased for $15 via online seller but RRP is $32 AUD.
Whist comparing alongside Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (Finland), Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact (Extra Light) and Makeup Forever Water Blend Foundation (Y225), all costing twice as much than the RRP of the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation (all are above $60 AUD), this fraction-of-the-price holy grail, dupes them all. I definitely recommend it to all dry/sensitive babes who want a light, buildable coverage for everyday use.

**PROS**
Very moisturising, non drying
Long wearing, no creasing
Does not cake your skin but has great coverage
Super sweet dupe for the other foundations listed above

**CONS**
Packaging could have been better (very simple, cheap)
Very small shade range, would be awful for non-fair skinned makeup lovers
Price is a little high, it's a little worth your money and a little not.

Every time I used this foundation I paid severely for it. I get acne and cystic acne but this crap made my skin come out with cystic on steroids, I tried a few times with this product in case it was a coincidence but no, each time I’m like WHYYYY DID I TRY THIS AGAIN, then prayed to the gods for a quick recovery.

I normally use Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius Foundation, I haven’t been able to find a comparable product that works well with my skin like this. Its Australian, SPF 15 (I haven’t noticed an oxidising effect and I’m quite pale so id know) this is a much better product, it goes on well and doesn’t get all flakey and unforgiving in your pores.

Seems like this product is quite well loved, idk maybe im a weirdo and I have a rare weird reaction to this product, but if your skin is like mine, proceed with caution.

it goes on similar to Revlon Colorstay, i cant remember how well it blended or not, and if it looked good or not, i think it looked decent from what i remember, but it was overshadowed by the breakouts.

on 9/27/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a shame that I can't use this anymore. The shade and consistency is perfect on my skin, it's so natural looking. The coverage isnt great but this was a go-to for me to throw in my bag in case I sleep out somewhere. But I noticed weird textured bumps on my skin afterwards. My skin isn't even super sensitive but I looked into it and the second ingredient on the list is alcohol denat. which explains everything. It's such an irritant and soo bad for acne. You can kind of tell how much alcohol is in it by the smell of it. I wish they would take that off the ingredient list because this would be my go-to forever, especially with the amazing color match and undertone. Can't use it though.

on 9/8/2017 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

If you are looking for coverage stay away from this. It doesn't cover anything.
Fragrance is too strong.
It accentuates dry parts.
Shade 53 is too orange for me (Bourjois cc cream in 32 is my perfect shade).

It would be good for someone with normal or combination skin, without dry parts and without many things for covering.
Not comedogenic. Feels light on skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I apply 2 pumps of my foundation with silisponge (masami shouko), and I never thought that this is the only one foundation that works for me! Perfect in every way. Even if this foundation is deemed for dry skin, it works for my oily skin (I always set with mattifying setting powder, and back with my Milani prep set glow powder. Followed by my cheap setting spray. Makeup stays flawless for at least hours.