Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I so wanted to love this product. I'd heard really great things and it seemed like the perfect everyday option for my very dry skin.

Unfortunately, I didn't like this at all. It seemed to soak into my skin, leaving an uneven minimal coverage. The finish was nice and dewy, but it gave even less coverage than my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser. However, when I tried to build it up, it looked unnatural and uneven. It's not a foundation that layers well, IMO.

I gave it an extra star for the nice packaging. It's well made and sturdy, and I loved the pump.

I ended up giving my bottle of this away, because I find the Maybelline Fit Me foundation (in the hydrate and smooth version) to be vastly better for my skin than the Healthy Mix. I would try other Bourjois foundations in the future, but I would not repurchase this one.

on 2/11/2017 4:18:00 PM

Only suitable foundation for my skin, highly recommend:)

on 2/10/2017 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Me: Olive NC20ish with dry and sensitive skin prone to redness.

What I like: This is the closest to a HG foundation that I've ever found. Beautiful dewy skin like finish with light to medium coverage that holds up for a 12+ hour workday. I like to apply it with a damp beauty blender but have also used a brush and my fingers with good results. It performs better than any high end foundation that I've ever tried. I'm Australian based and it's very accessible here. I buy at Priceline and they often have 20-40% off sales. The shade match is quite good, I wear either 52 or 53 depending on the time of year and how much colour I have. They have lovely neutral shades but the range is limited to the light to medium end of the spectrum.

What I don't like: I wish it didn't have fragrance. It smells lovely but I prefer to avoid fragrance due to my sensitive skin. Having said that, I've not noticed any irritation from this gorgeous foundation - thankfully.

In case you couldn't tell, I just adore this foundation and have managed to also get a few girlfriends and my mum addicted to it as well. I'm usually a luxury cosmetics girl so I was shocked to love this as much as I do but it's perfect! It performs like a high end product at a fab price!

on 1/30/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product...but this was NOT the perfect nor good for my dry + sensitive skin. It contains a parfum, so this is my bad that I bought it before looking on ingredients. This just highlighted my flaky areas (even with moisturizes and primer), while making them shiny - weird.

on 1/28/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros: Light to medium coverage, non-drying, beautiful radiant finish.

Cons: Contains fragrance. There aren't enough choices for fair skin - #51 and 52 have very yellow undertones. Also I find that the lightest color, #51, isn't quite light enough for me :-(

My skin is combo-dry, about an NC35/40. The pump on this is great, the price is $$ for drugstore ($30 CDN), and the texture feels like a thick gel texture. The fragrance is overwhelming imo. I applied it with hands, BB, and brush and disliked the way it applied with pretty much all of them. The foundation looks and feels like it just sits on top of the skin, it doesn't quite meld with the skin and the color selection isn't great. My closest match is the #53 but it's a bit too pink. Overall not a fan but i seem to be one of the rare few that do not like it

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging and ingredients are great, smells amazing. I have the color 51 and it is slightly darker and orangey for me but i dont mind. It does not give much coverage but is so moisturizing. This looks soo natural and undetectable on the skin. It blends in so well with any type of application. I like to wear this on days where my skin is in good condition but still want to look more even, or days where my skin just feels like crap and all i need is moisture.

on 1/16/2017 11:04:00 PM

It's ok for daily use, but I have to set it nice, because if i don't it's gone very fast...

on 1/15/2017 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've tried every kind of foundation from drug store to high end. I picked this up after watching Lisa Eldridge use it on a woman of my age. It can go on sheer and be built up without looking cakey. I don't find it settles into my deep lines and with a dusting of powder seems to last for a good 6-7 hours.
For the price, it's incredible value and it makes my skin look soft and healthy while moisturising it. Highly recommend for women in my age bracket - it's just as good as Chanel for every day wear, and less opaque than Urban Decay or Kat Von D. So if you are like me and like to have a bit of life showing in your skin, pick this up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm basically obsessed with finding a foundation with the most skin-like, natural finish possible for when I choose to wear foundation. Skin care is my main focus and I treat my skin as best as I can with daily PA++++ sunscreen, moisture and hydration and a vit C serum, so my 22 year old skin is in pretty good shape most of the time except for occasional small breakouts. I don't have much to cover and most days I just conceal under the eyes, spot conceal anywhere else needed, and do a light dusting of powder. I have combo, easily dehydrated skin that can get some oil in the T-zone when it's not properly moisturized and hydrated.

I've heard of this foundation for years and heard great things about it being extremely skin like and natural looking, but for some reason I never tried it until recently. I've dabbled in much more expensive, high end foundations like YSL and Dior. This is 30$ at Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada so to me it's just verging on mid-end priced foundation - expensive for drugstore but just under the lower priced foundations you can find in Sephora. This foundation beats out all of the higher end foundations I've tried in the past few years and is my current HG.

One pump of this foundation gives light-medium coverage on my face which is what I typically want, because I don't have much to cover and want the most natural looking finish possible. Two full pumps ends up being too much coverage for my tastes but it can be built up to fuller coverage. I'll frequently do less than one pump if I want that imperceptible, editorial-like natural skin look. I apply using either a beauty blender or just my fingers to really work and meld the product into the skin. The finish on my skin is a very natural skin-like finish, not matte but not dewy. It's winter right now so my skin is drier and it's perfectly suited to my skin, I can see how it the summer this could get more dewy and might not last as long but I think it would still look beautiful. I've worn it for 8-9 hours (typically don't wear makeup longer than that) and it's lasted with just some minor shine on the nose which is typical for me, easily taken away by blotting. It photographs beautifully too.

It has a fruity smell which I actually like and I'm usually put off by smells. I love the thin pump bottle, the only minor complaint is I wish that the red cap snapped on better because if you are carrying it in a makeup bag I have noticed it can fall off so you have to be mindful of that.

This foundation is well-loved by many for a reason and it's definitely become my current HG foundation, I'm not reaching for any others anymore. I'll definitely repurchase. I'm sure I'll try other foundations out in the future because I'm always looking to see if there's something better, but right now nothing beats this for me.