Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 10/17/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation with one major downside..
The good:
have a runny light texture
Goes on smoothly
Looks like second skin
Dewy finish
Enhance with skin care proopoties
The bad:
The shade range of Bourjois sucks!!
I own three shades & non quite fit! (I'm NW 22)
#52 vanilla & #53 light Beige are almost identical by shade & have a yellow undertone.
# 55 Beige Fonce- is way too dark, with a more warm pink undertone and there's nothing in between.
*thats goes for the cc cream & the healthy mix foundation as well.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

SHADE: #51 Vanilla

Worn underneath a moisturising primer (of choice: Nude By Nature - Undercover Airbrush Mineral Primer) and applied with clean fingers or a foundation brush (of choice: VDL + Pantone 2016 Liquid Foundation Brush), this radiant and moisturising foundation leaves the skin dewy and fresh, without the statement of "You have make up on!" It has a lovely *light* fruity/fresh scent and has light to medium coverage (buildable). The texture is like normal liquid foundations but it feels almost like a moisturiser but with good coverage and zero dryness. The shade I self matched, was perfect and didn't have any yellowy or pinky tones to it (which I really dislike when it comes to my style of foundations).
I was surprised at how well it covered my rosy cheeks (due to sensitive skin) and felt like second skin. I've found that it really stays on without caking up or creasing (it's *very* light) and when used with a matte primer (of choice: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer), the skin stays matte! The foundation does not change throughout the day (ie. does not oxidise) and my skin felt fine after each use.
Purchased for $15 via online seller but RRP is $32 AUD.
Whist comparing alongside Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser (Finland), Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact (Extra Light) and Makeup Forever Water Blend Foundation (Y225), all costing twice as much than the RRP of the Healthy Mix Serum Foundation (all are above $60 AUD), this fraction-of-the-price holy grail, dupes them all. I definitely recommend it to all dry/sensitive babes who want a light, buildable coverage for everyday use.

**PROS**
Very moisturising, non drying
Long wearing, no creasing
Does not cake your skin but has great coverage
Super sweet dupe for the other foundations listed above

**CONS**
Packaging could have been better (very simple, cheap)
Very small shade range, would be awful for non-fair skinned makeup lovers
Price is a little high, it's a little worth your money and a little not.

Every time I used this foundation I paid severely for it. I get acne and cystic acne but this crap made my skin come out with cystic on steroids, I tried a few times with this product in case it was a coincidence but no, each time I’m like WHYYYY DID I TRY THIS AGAIN, then prayed to the gods for a quick recovery.

I normally use Napoleon Perdis Stroke of Genius Foundation, I haven’t been able to find a comparable product that works well with my skin like this. Its Australian, SPF 15 (I haven’t noticed an oxidising effect and I’m quite pale so id know) this is a much better product, it goes on well and doesn’t get all flakey and unforgiving in your pores.

Seems like this product is quite well loved, idk maybe im a weirdo and I have a rare weird reaction to this product, but if your skin is like mine, proceed with caution.

it goes on similar to Revlon Colorstay, i cant remember how well it blended or not, and if it looked good or not, i think it looked decent from what i remember, but it was overshadowed by the breakouts.

on 9/27/2017 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's a shame that I can't use this anymore. The shade and consistency is perfect on my skin, it's so natural looking. The coverage isnt great but this was a go-to for me to throw in my bag in case I sleep out somewhere. But I noticed weird textured bumps on my skin afterwards. My skin isn't even super sensitive but I looked into it and the second ingredient on the list is alcohol denat. which explains everything. It's such an irritant and soo bad for acne. You can kind of tell how much alcohol is in it by the smell of it. I wish they would take that off the ingredient list because this would be my go-to forever, especially with the amazing color match and undertone. Can't use it though.

on 9/8/2017 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

If you are looking for coverage stay away from this. It doesn't cover anything.
Fragrance is too strong.
It accentuates dry parts.
Shade 53 is too orange for me (Bourjois cc cream in 32 is my perfect shade).

It would be good for someone with normal or combination skin, without dry parts and without many things for covering.
Not comedogenic. Feels light on skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I apply 2 pumps of my foundation with silisponge (masami shouko), and I never thought that this is the only one foundation that works for me! Perfect in every way. Even if this foundation is deemed for dry skin, it works for my oily skin (I always set with mattifying setting powder, and back with my Milani prep set glow powder. Followed by my cheap setting spray. Makeup stays flawless for at least hours.

on 7/21/2017 9:15:00 AM

This is my absolute favourite foundation, I've been using it for 4 years.
The shade range is great for pale skin with slightly yellow undertone. I use 51 year round and 53 after vacation.
It has a light/medium coverage, I definitely always need an undereye corrector for my dark circles and a concealer for my acne scars, however it does a great job at evening everything out. It's buildable.
The finish is quite dewy so most people will need to mattify their faces (at least the T zone).

I wear it everyday for work and my skin looks great up until about 11th hour of wear, then it starts to break up around my mouth. I use a blotting paper for my forehead after about 6h from application.

I get great results with both a buffing brush and a beauty blender, depending on the state of my skin.
I use 1 and a half pump for my entire face so the bottle lasts me a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Used to be my fav , but always i get the wrong shade either too light or too dark , but now i know

( yellow tone ) 🤗
Nc30 - shade 53
Nc35 - shade 54
And so on

i buy my bourjois product from lookfantastic.com , prices are great and they offer free delivery , here's code for $$ off | MARYAM-RN |

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

It smells pleasant and the scent is similar to my Chanel face powder( people saying they are from the same factory??)
The foundation gives me a close to natural look, not skin like, I would say it gives a medium coverage.
A little pricey - 30 CAD + tax, I would pick MAC face and body over this, if I have to choose.

on 8/7/2017 5:47:00 PM

Like the formula a lot! Workshop great with my dry skin. Coverage is buildable. I've used shade 51 and 52 together for my ideal shade.