Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
Liquid FoundationsHealthy Mix Serum Gel FoundationEnter TitleBourjois Healthy Mix SerumBourjois Healthy Mix Foundation-51 Light Vanilla

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 8/25/2018 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Such a lovely foundation, it rivals higher end brands but for a fraction of the price.

on 6/7/2018 7:24:00 PM

I have this in #51, light vanilla which is the lightest shade. Cost me £11 which for a drugstore foundation is around average and is slightly more expensive than the regular Healthy Mix foundation (which I also own).

This is definitely the more lightweight and least detectable of the two types - it's a gel foundation with a somewhat thin consistency, with light coverage and a semi-matte finish. This won't adequately cover any acne spots, redness, or marks by itself - you will absolutely need to wear concealer over any problem areas. However, as it is so thin and light it isn't cakey at all and even if your skin is oily like mine, it won't settle into lines or separate on the skin. With concealer and judicious use of powder on the t-zone, this makes my skin look more even and smooth while still having a nice natural-looking glow. I'd say this is definitely a foundation for good skin days, but it's one of my favourites for hot summer weather since it makes my skin look better while being less likely to slide and melt off my face since it's so lightweight - it feels like there's not a lot of product on the skin. I do still need to use blotting papers +/- powder on the oiliest areas, though.

The shade range is quite limited - there's only 6, I think - and I was worried this wouldn't suit me since it seems more yellow-toned than the regular healthy mix. But it blended in like a dream - there's no orange line on my neck or jawline and doesn't look out of place.

Packaging is nice, just a sturdy glass bottle with a pump dispenser - less chance of contaminants getting to the product in the bottle. It's a taller and slimmer design too which is easier to slot into a handbag on the go.

If you favour foundations with higher coverage, a more matte finish, or have strongly pink-toned skin then I would say you might find the regular healthy mix more suitable. This is a light foundation in terms of coverage, consistency, and is more reflective and semi-matte, It isn't shimmery or glittery though. For whatever reason, the shades all lie on the yellower side - not excessively and it doesn't look too yellow on, but it is noticeable straight out the bottle.
Anyway, I think this fares better in hotter, humid weather as like with many gel foundations it dries down to a thin and longwearing film over the skin that I find is less displaced by oil or sweat over the day. One of my go-to summer foundations, provided my skin is behaving itself.

Love this foundation! It's always my go to. It's so easy to apply, I just use one pump in the shade 52 Vanilla with a damp beauty blender and it goes on so quickly and easily. I usually dot it all around my face and blend it out. In the summer a little 1/4 pump of 53 mixed in is all I need to match a slight tan (I don't tan much, but a little somethin' somethin' is needed).

I like the smell. It's kind of fruity, but really not overwhelming, and it does smell more natural rather than chemical-y which I can't stand.

I like the packaging with the pump feature, the price is great for how long it lasts, and I've never had any issues with breakouts. I actually feel like it lets my skin breathe very well. It never feels like anything on my face. I'm not really a big foundation girl but I do want to cover some redness and unevenness, and I find that this has the perfect balance for me. It looks like skin and you can still see my freckles underneath, but it evens everything out.

It works well with any primers I've used as well. I will say that it doesn't last super long, but I do have a fairly physical job and I tend to touch my face a lot so I really can't blame the product for that. If I want to do more of a night out/date night makeup look, I'll use a primer and maybe an extra half pump of the product and it lasts all night. Or if I've been at work all day and want to touch up for a night out, it layers well. I'll do another small pump to cover wherever I need it, and it doesn't get cakey or weird.

I honestly really love this product for what I want it to do. It's not a super high coverage foundation, but that's not what I want. It covers just right for me and it smells good, and doesn't clog my pores. I've been using this for years now, and highly recommend!

I am around NC15-20. I some how was off and bought a shade that's too dark (No.52).

This foundation is nice and not cakey like most on my dehydrated skin. I like how it looked and blended into my skin. But this lacks coverage. If you need something less than a TM, this is for you. I require just a little more. I've stopped using this. I mix it in with normal foundations when I want to darken them and add a glow. But that's about it.

Right now I'm just using concealer and a powder as foundation.

on 5/2/2018 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Dewy foundation, good for dry skin. Makes your skin look radiant. However, it transfers everywhere and rubs off easily - looks messy on my nose and chin within an hour or two. It also feels very heavy on the skin. If you apply too much it will look greasy. The product contains denatured alcohol so if you have sensitive skin (I do, it gives me small bumps on my face which aren't too visible but are very noticeable to the touch) I wouldn't really recommend it. I enjoy the scent, it's quite strong and fruity.

on 4/23/2018 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those with oily skin this product is best avoided in warm weather. I quite enjoyed wearing it over the winter and spring although I still needed to blot, but when the temperature rose last week it completely melted off my face and into my eyes, as well as looking like a huge oil spill on my face! The texture is semi-matte with very light coverage, but its not great for oily skin or if you want a completely matte finish.

on 4/22/2018 3:50:00 PM

My favourite everyday foundation and holy grail product. It gives beautiful, dewy natural finish and smells SO beautiful.

I am really happy with this product, it is like my all time fave Maybelline BB cream, but it noticeably has more pigment and it lasts longer! It is a creamy gel serum (more creamy than MAC F+B, which I also love but can be kind of 'sticky') and it smooths over pores very well and leaves a 'second skin' finish which is a must for me. It doesn't flake, cake or transfer onto my clothes, its really quite awesome. I use my fingers to blend it out and its quick and easy. I also bought the matching gel serum Sculpt Light Strobing Highlighter (light pink), its a lot nicer than the benefit high beam in my opinion (the coppery bronze version would be amazing on darker gals but def for nighttime because its crazy metallic).
Note that the lightest shade works for my neutral fair skin but it is a touch yellow toned so it may not be great for true peaches and cream fair girls and possibly asian girls as it may make you look sallow.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Woah. Holy grail. Gives the loveliest your skin but better glow. Makes me look like I had a good night's sleep. But most importantly looks like good skin. If you're looking for coverage your going to have to look elsewhere I'm afraid. I still need extra concealer for my dark circles. But I'm really impressed with this. I used to be scared of sheer foundations like this. But now realise its better for your skin to look like skin. Rather than looking like your wearing a full face of makeup. Don't get me wrong. I wear a briget Bardot smoky eye everyday with a darker lip. So people know I'm wearing makeup. But I want my base to look undetectable. The scene of this foundation is nice. Smells like apricots to me and the pump is a really nice touch. Will keep buying again and again. For reference I'm an NC30 - NC32 and wear the shade 53 light beige.

Can I just say, this is my favourite foundation.
I wear this everyday, when I wear this my skin still looks like my skin, but the best version of itself.
I have a lot of foundations, but this is my absolute favourite,
I've been repurchasing this!