CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by age: 36-43
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

on 11/15/2018 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’m getting older now and powders just don’t do me justice or at least I rarely find one that does. I wanted something that would warm up my N15-20 skin for the winter. Well this is a winner especially applied with a stippling brush. I like using Sonia Kushak’s brush. I use it like a blush to really warm up my cheeks and take away redness. It goes on smooth like butter. Perfect color. To contour with works just as as well for me too. This will last forever with the amount they give you so the purchase was worth it. I usually just use this and a highlighter on my cheekbones.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I recently went on a bronzer binge, buying 4 bronzers in the span of about a month. I bought the following: MJ Tantastic, TF Milk Chocolate Soleil, Hourglass Illume Trio (contains a cream bronzer), and this Chanel bronzer. The Chanel is my favorite. Why? I have light toned skin (NC 15-20) and it is the lightest and therefore looks the most natural, in my opinion. I don't have to work very hard to blend this well--fingers are sufficient. In fact I couldn't really see using anything except fingers for this because the texture is firm. I would describe the color as a golden light brown. This is gonna become my default bronzer for when I'm in a hurry because it's so easy to apply and blend. The price is kinda absurd, but I have the feeling this will last a long long time. I lurve it! Definitely worth considering if you are pale or light toned and are looking for an HG bronzer.

on 5/31/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On me this looks really orange. I'm not particulary pale or tanned. I hate it! Thank god it works for so many people...

Put this in the category of "youtube made me buy it" and WOW I am amazed. I think it was Jaclyn Hill's "Ride or Die" Video where I found it (a little embarrassing but if you need a demo, she did an excellent job. Hence me buying)

It is a fairly huge jar, flat jar. It's like a thick-ish gel. Unlike I have ever seen. You kind swirl a brush (I am a fan of ELF Stippling brush or RT Powder Brush) and it picks up product nicely. I sweep it on my cheeks and forehead in kinda a "brontour" way--it blends very nicely, and it is not orange on my NC 15-20 ish skin, on the dry side.

Pros--
Expensive but I have hardly made a dent in it in 6 mos
Very pretty color. I don't find it orange
Provides a beautiful, blendable, realistic flush/bronzer/brontour. No "snickers bar" of brown stripes from bad contouring.
Does warm up the skin, and NO shimmers
Not at all cakey or needing setting spray to melt it into skin
Creme product that is not watery, better control for those of us who are not "experts"

Cons--
Well of course it's $$
Shade range. I mean, there's none.
There's a plastic lid that keeps it from drying out under the black screw cap. If you put it in upside down with "pull tab" inwards, hard to open next time

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Sigh. Chanel have never been good at tailoring to the needs of diverse skin tones. On fair pink skin like mine, this looks orange. On medium to dark skins, it's invisible. It's a shame, because the formula is lovely and effortless to use. Perhaps one day we'll get some different shades of this...

I had tried (& returned another 1 of Chanel's' bronzers [Kyoto]) & this is what I hoped Kyoto would've looked more like. I own Coco Code also which is lovely but it's more of a blushlighter. This bronzer is a dream!! I use a Chanel travel small stipple brush w this. It just blends & melts & in with such amazing ease. This is like goof proof bronzer for dummies if you don't know how to use bron-tour this is your go to. I don't find it too red for contouring. The people at Chanel told me to use this as contour AND bronzer. I asked on the the telephone tips on how to use this. I got this gem from Chanel dot com this is a good value too for how much product you get. I am 20 Beige in Chanel NC20 MAC 2W1 Dawn in Estée Lauder DW this is the perf bronzer for me. This is #downtowntriplecrown #winning

on 1/19/2017 11:14:00 AM

I am very pale. In most foundations I wear the lightest or 2nd to lightest shade. I pretty much stay away from bronzers for fear I will look orange instead of having a sun kissed glow. I was hesitant to try this bronzer because online it looked dark and I didn't want to spend $50 on something I wouldn't be able to use. I did see a lot of reviews on youtube saying this bronzer was more suited to fair to medium skin. I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. I still can't wear this all over the face for fear I will look like an oompa loompa. I use a light amount with my nars kabuki brush. I apply it just to the hollows of my cheeks and hallway to my temples. That's it. I don't use this anywhere else. It does give a natural look. It warms up my face but its cool toned enough to not pull too orange on me. This tub will last me years because I have to use such a small amount. I love the smell of it. It has an expensive powdery smell that I find appealing. The texture is a solid mouse if that makes sense. Product is picked up easily and it's easy to blend into the skin. If you are lighter in skin tone and been afraid of bronzers then I would recommend this.

on 10/26/2015 8:48:00 AM

This is a bronzing base, not a proper bronzer, and I think it is the best choice for those who (like me) are not very skillful or trained at make-up and are searching for something natural-looking. I've bought numerous bronzers during the years that I hardly ever used, because I couldn't use them properly. They never looked good on me because I couldn't blend them in. I know I could have bought brushes and watched tutorials, but I don't want to put so much effort in make-up. This Chanel bronzing base is excellent for me, because I can use it with my fingers, and it blends in perfectly. My skin is quite fair, but I think even for me it would be very hard to overuse it and make a clowny look. I generally use it with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 (Beige Rose), and find this a great combination.

on 10/1/2015 11:24:00 AM

This may be a little premature considering I got this product yesterday, but I love this product!!! I haven't gotten into cream bronzing that much but when I saw the results this product gives I had to try it. I'm so glad I did!!! It's going to be a wonderful staple in my daily routine. It gives the most beautiful color to the skin, just a healthy glow and I love it!

on 9/28/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pretty expensive but it's gotta be the best thing I've used for contouring, so definitely worth it. Youtube helped me learn how to do the contouring properly and this works like a charm.