Thierry Mugler Angel

Filtered by age: 25-29
Thierry Mugler  Angel

3.2

I love the bottle and the designs of mugler products in general -but that's about it. I think Mugler is a marketing genius to convince people that this scent is amazing when it in fact smells like men's aftershave with an added sickly smell.
I have encountered people who have body chemistry with it that makes it smell nice on them, but for most of those I smell it on, and myself - it's gross. Not for me.

on 6/7/2016 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Yes I am likely to buy it again despite I gave a low rating. I like that it smells different, statement-like. The problem I have with it are the lasting power and sillage. I've put 3 spritz because of the reviews. It smelled nice first few hours. Now, 6 h of wearing it I cannot detect it at all.
I bought it in Spain, at duty free, the 75 ml bottle, EDP, in case that makes a difference (bought in May 2016).
I have the same problem with Mugler's Alien, but not with Angel Muse.

Angel is very strong and one of those perfumes that literally smells different on everyone. I walked by a woman the other day in DSW and noticed how amazing she smelled. I was going to ask her what perfume she was wearing, and then realized it was Angel.
Also, I think a little goes a long way. Too much of this perfume is really too much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this perfume! I only got the official refillable bottle today so i thought I'd share my opinion. Within a few seconds of spraying, i was almost overwhelmed by the strong musky scent - which in my case is a good thing. Musky and woody scents are my favourite smell in a typical perfume, so when i heard of Thierry Muglers edp with main notes of patchouli, sandalwood, and vanilla... I was dying to get it! I also love that you can still smell the sweet lesser notes of jasmine and fruits through the beautiful musk scent. They work so well together. And the refillable bottle? That is perfect! Why aren't all expensive perfume creators making their bottles refillable now? What an amazing idea! I love it!

on 2/26/2016 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Favorite fragrance. Hands down. Pricey but only use it for special occasions.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I actually really love the smell of Angel. It is beautiful, although not for the faint of heart. It is a bit foody and reminds me of drizzling, spicy gingerbread, but the more sophisticated version! It's deep, dark, almost incense-like,there's a chocolate note in there, and it makes me want to keep smelling it. All of these qualities describe how I like my scents. I can smell the patchouli in this. The downside: a. it's expensive, although they have the refill bottles and b. some people absolutely HATE it. My mom can't stand to even be around the smell. It is definitely not for the office, and it is seriously one of the most powerful perfumes. A little bit goes a very long way, and I like to be mindful of choosing when to use it. This is why I ranked it 4 lippies out of 5. That being said, I have gotten compliments. I suppose it is a love/hate thing. I've been told it smells very sexy. I'd describe it that way too. Sexy, bold, unique.

on 8/13/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

as a fan of sweet, candy type of perfumes, i'm surprised i don't like this. the lasting power is excellent as i prefer to have my scents with strong sillage too. but there is some note in this that ruins it for me. i can't quite put my finger on it. alien will remain my favourite Thierry scent

on 10/11/2014 12:04:00 PM

for me to write a review of a fragrance the first time i try it, it must be pretty outstanding one way or another, and angel truly is. i think most of the negativity surrounding angel is that the fragrance market has been bowdlerized to the point where whatever you buy, at whatever price, smells like cheap shampoo. nothing wrong with that, but why wear perfume at all then? why spend $100ish on fragrance when you can just buy a pleasant body spray for $15 tops?

angel dates to 1992, a time when the first "dumbed down" fragrances came on the market (and eventually took over). the modern 21st century nose will associate strong, bold scents with "old ladies" and while i certainly don't love all such perfumes, i do prefer a heavier, richer, truer fragrance. this is one of them.

this is an extremely well-orchastrated gourmand and i find that while i hate patchouli on its own, it has been blended well here to give depth to chocolate and candy notes.

i will almost certainly get a bottle of this one day (or maybe a body cream). this is not necessarily an every day scent (it can be) but this makes me think of fall/winter festivities in particular, just beautiful!!

on 10/9/2014 10:07:00 AM

The most foul, disgusting perfume I have ever smelled in my life. Smells like a hippie's armpit (one that works in a headshop and hasn't taken a shower in months). I don't detect vanilla, chocolate, or anything "gourmand" about this. Just nasty skanky CHEAP smelling patchouli. I feel sorry for the people who wear this because they don't know how utterly gross they smell (trust me, those "compliments" you get "all the time" are just ppl trying to find out the fragrance so they can avoid it, and are just being polite).

Absolutely vile.

on 5/12/2014 9:35:00 PM

I've heard about this scent for so lonxg and every time i smelled it at sephora i just couldn't believe anyone would buy this. It just smelled terrible! So strong and (forgive me) "old lady ish". Just terrible. Fast forward a few years, my teacher wears this and she always smelled so good. I didn't realize it was this until I dared myself to sniff it again at ulta one day and it smelled like her! And all of a sudden, i can't get enough of this. Now I smell the patchouli. Now I smell the chocolate....and holy crap, it's incredible. I cannot get enough of it! I bought the EDT and love it but wanted to also try the EDP which I love even more. The first few minutes you spray this on it smells wayyyyyyy strong but give it 5 minutes and it will be so worth it.

Popular Fragrances