Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom
Tinted Lip Balm - Pink BlossomBurst bees pink blossom

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

!!!*HG Tinted Lip Balm*!!! I wanted to review this a long time ago but wanted to leave some time to see if I'd end up changing my mind. It's been over two years and I still love this!!

*-* If I slather this on at night, the following morning my lips and smoothed out and plump and stays that way throughout the day. Even the tint stays on the lip to some extent.
*-* The pink blossom colour is beautifully flattering and natural enough to layer on and still look almost natural, not like makeup/lipstick.
*-* The moisturising effect lasts for much longer than other tinted lip balms I've used so for me worth the price, although I do usually wait for a 3 for 2 offer at Boots anyway.
:( The only negative is that it doesn't absorb very quickly so will go straight all over a glass/cup after application & I think the cardboard tube outer packaging is a bit excessive, I can't really find a use for it afterwards.

on 3/26/2013 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Moisturising, delicate, a mild scent, with a gorgeous hint of sheer pink. I love this; it helps pull together a natural look with no fuss, and keeps my lips soft and supple. I don't know what else to say- this is an absolute must-have for me!

on 1/29/2013 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking for a cheaper dupe to Fresh's lip balm in Rose (which is too pricey at $22), and this is sort of close. At $7, it's a little pricey for a drugstore balm and comes in a weird cardboard packaging that makes it look twice as big as it is,. The actual balm tube inside is the same size and style as any other chapstick.

The color is a very sheer pink, which is great for me because I have naturally pigmented lips and anything darker would turn red or fuschia. It did give me exactly what I was looking for, which is an even, glossy, my-lips-but-better lip color. It WON'T give anything more than that, so if you're looking for reddish lips, I'd get one of the deeper colors. The moisturizing abilities is average for a balm, nothing amazing but not too shabby, either.

I am taking off a lippie because the smell is TERRIBLE. I'm not sensitive to fragrances but this just smells really strongly of plastic. I don't have any qualms with putting it on my lips but if you're sensitive to scents, I'd stay away.

EDIT: Taking off another lippie because this gets all over the place if you're drinking or eating. Strange, the Fresh balm is a slightly deeper color and doesn't do this. Not a fan, won't repurchase.

Colour is not flattering, looks very artificial. not moisturising as well

Not very moisturizing. Off putting smell similar to the rose one. Formula is too... weird? Mine had some tiny white chunks in it that separated after i had it in my pocket during school and it melted a bit o.O I dont like the color. Was expecting a lighter pink, but instead got a magentaish pink. Clashes with my yellowish skin. In general I dont really like these burts bees tinted lip balms