Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Pink Blossom
Tinted Lip Balm - Pink BlossomBurst bees pink blossom

4.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/23/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

An absolute HG for me. I wear minimal makeup and love anything that enhances my natural features, which this does beautifully. The color is absolutely perfect on my pale (slightly yellow under-toned) skin. It's my lips but better. It has great pigmentation and a smooth creamy texture that feels lovely on the lips. I wear this everyday and have at least 3 tubes scattered between my car, purse, and home. I HATE lipstick, like actually hate it. It is beautiful on others but I just don't feel I can pull it off, especially since I'm always snacking on something. It always smears all over my teeth/face and I end up looking like the joker - not cute. I never have this problem with the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. The smell and taste is a little funny but nothing I can't live with.

pros:
-beautiful color
-smooth texture
-keeps lips smooth and soft
-natural ingredients

cons:
-a little pricey for balm, but not for lipstick I guess
-smell/taste isn't the best

***** EDIT *****
Not only is this stuff still my favorite HG lip color/balm, it is now my HG cream blush as well. With a clean ring finger, I dab some onto my cheeks and it is just as beautiful as on my lips. It really pulls your whole look together to have the same color on your lips and cheeks. It is perfect for my everyday "no makeup" look. Super natural, fresh, and dewy looking. I also don't have to worry about how it will effect my skin because it has gentle natural ingredients. I will never be without this little multi-purpose gem. LOVE LOVE LOVE <3

on 11/17/2016 7:37:00 PM

After many, many years...and many wasted dollars...and many discarded barely used tubes....the search for my HG tinted lip balm is over. I've been bypassing the Burts Bees tinted balms for years-after a bad experience with their lip shimmers years back. Those burned my lips and left them frosty and sparkly. Then a couple years ago I tried one of these in a shade I hated...I think it was Tiger Lily-looked awful on me. A couple weeks ago, tried Hibiscus-not a fan. But THIS!
This is the perfect shade I've been looking for forever. That being said-it's sheer and pretty much the exact shade of my natural lip color which is already a pigmented reddish pink. If anything this might be a tad lighter than my natural lips-but it evens every thing out for me as my lips can look a bit splotchy sometimes. So this is one sheer shiny beautiful layer of pinky perfection.
One thing that kept me from trying this sooner is that the shade of the cap is a light pink-and I'm afraid of using anything lighter than my natural lip color as that tends to wash me out. But inside-as you can see from the photo of the opened tube (I shoulda looked here sooner obviously) it's actually a darker pink. A medium shade I guess. But so, so natural looking.
As a balm it's hydrating yet light and slippery the way I like it. For daytime anyway...at night I use a thicker heavy duty cocoa butter balm. This is strictly for feeling pretty. LOVE IT and I need to go buy 100 more tubes in case they ever stop producing

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Thank god it's not like the other burt's bees skinny tubed tints! I now have four of them:
Red Dahlia - berry/burgundy, looks like loreal's luscious jelly balm or Clinique's black honey except not too glossy and less brown red. my go to color for night, a "my lips but vampier shade"
Rose - Poppy red, like i just ate a cherry popsicle, a "my lips but redder shade"
Pink Blossom - Barbie pink, looks electric pink on the tube but applies a sheer wash of baby pink, its the best MLBB for me and tones down my medium pigmented lips
Hibiscus - peachy pink but on my lips it looks orange-pink...like a disgusting shade of oompa loompa orange pink, not flattering at all! (i'm NC35-42 olive-yellow tones)

Out of all the three i like Pink Blossom the best which is a surprise. Pink blossom just seems to brighten my face up more, definitely MLBB on my medium pigmented lips and its so wearable for everyday. I work at a hospital and keep this in my pocket and when i apply it, the consistency is similar to the nivea essential dark blue or the light blue kind. its really moisturizing and it lasts 2-3 hrs and i have to reapply (i bite my lips often) but i really don't need a mirror to apply which is awesome (unlike the red dahlia and rose because of the pigmentation, i seem to need a mirror more than this.). I always pair this up with a bronzy smokey eye and i prefer this pink instead of a nude lip. oh and i just use a tinge on my cheeks as well! I got these for 5$ with coupons and even if it is pricey, its worth it and is cheaper than most nicely tinted balms that come in a POT instead of the tube (korres/MAC/NARS which i refuse to pay for)..
(((UPDATE))): 9/25/12: these ALWAYS melted on me in the summer... sigh i now i have moved on to Korres lip balms...love the pomegranate one :)

on 5/2/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had originally wanted to try Hibiscus but opted for Pink Blossom after reading a few reviews that Hibiscus comes out peachy/coral on cool skin. On the Burt's Bees site, they've actually classified Pink Blossom as a cool tone and Hibiscus as a warm tone (I guess that explains the peachiness). So, being NC20, I ordered Pink Blossom.

I'm Asian and have medium pigmented lips that are sort of berry hued. Looking into the tube, the shade is definitely darker than what's on the packaging but still quite bright, not really sure how that's gonna mix with deeper lips.

One layer of the product and it neutralizes my natural lip colour into a very natural medium pink, a colour that I've been trying to get but always failed to achieve with lipstick or gloss (they look like a fake layer of paint). I didn't think a sheer colour balm would actually be able to lighten/tone down my deeper natural colour, very nice surprise!! Not to mention what everybody else has talked about, the texture, the moisture, the natural sheen (I hate glitters). The only minor con for me was the bubble gum smell, but it dissipates within seconds of application and it also seems to disappear from the tube over time (I've had mine for a few days now). One word of caution, this shade looks kinda "electric" pink if you put too many layers on.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My to-go lipstick. As a lip balm it's nice but don't expect miracles. The air in my house gets pretty dry during winter because of the heaters and no lip balm I've tried so far could prevent my lips getting a little chapped. I just keep it at a minimum level with a gentle lip peeling and lip balm, and Burt's Bees works just fine for that.

As a lipstick it's really good for me. I'm very pale and a lot of lipsticks, even in pink color looks too much on my face, but this one just leaves a natural-look while giving some color. I also love its scent. As long as Burt's Bees continue to make it I will probably buy.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

For a lip balm it has great pigmentation. You have to reapply it because it does not last all day. Your lips feel soft and creamy specially great for winter time. The packaging is really cute with a nice message written on it. This product should be on one's purse always.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Does not contain sunscreen which is the only downfall of this product (Burt's Bees website claims this is anti-aging).

The ingredients are great and more importantly, it works. My parched lips are smooth and moisturized.

It is very oily as opposed to waxy like chapstick. Therefore it has to be applied more often. Although it feels oily, it does not feather outside my lipline into any wrinkles.

The color is so beautiful on my NC15 fair skin. My lip color is splotchy pigmented and it evens out the color. It is a sheer wash of color, but it makes my lips look naturally luscious pink.

Although you can find lots of great balm for under $7, I will buy this again because my lips not only feel good, the color makes them look fantastic.

on 7/11/2013 5:09:00 PM

I was looking for a tinted lipbalm for the summer--something lightweight, that I could just slick on without a mirror. I looked at everything--Chubby Sticks, sheer lipstick, lipgloss, you name it. This is my HG tinted lipbalm! The Pink Blossom shade is a natural pink color, about one shade darker than my natural lips (medium-dark pigmentation, with pale skin). It goes on smoothly and stays for a decent amount of time. I reapply every so often anyways because it feels very hydrating--just instead of the normal clear Burts Bees, it's pigmented to give the "me-but-better" look. It has medium pigmentation--not incredibly sheer, but definitely not opaque. My only (small) quibble is the case is identical to the normal Burts Bees chapstick case, just a different color. A bit more pizazz would have been lovely, but I suppose it works well to slide it in my pocket. I highly recommend and will definitely buy this again when I run out!

It is a great product - moisturizing and not sticky, very discreet color (i tried Pink Blossom) and scent. I really liked it and i'm looking forward to try other shades as well. Might be a bit too light for cold weather but now, in the end of May, it is perfect.
Not the most glamorous packaging though, but it has some vintage appeal.

on 3/26/2013 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Moisturising, delicate, a mild scent, with a gorgeous hint of sheer pink. I love this; it helps pull together a natural look with no fuss, and keeps my lips soft and supple. I don't know what else to say- this is an absolute must-have for me!

Top Rated Lip Treatments