Boots No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser

Boots  No 7 Radiance Boosting Hot Cloth Cleanser

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tribehenin, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Methylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), Dipropylene Glycol, Ethylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide.

I tried this as an alternative to the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser which I can't use as it irritates my skin to the point of distraction. I've also tried the Ren Hot Cloth Cleanser, which this has been compared to, and although I thought it was okay, I certainly didn't think it was great enough to repurchase.

At £9.95 this is a fraction of the price of the Liz Earle and Ren versions, but that doesn't mean it's any less effective. Although I don't use the supplied muslin cloth (too irritating and harsh for my super sensitive skin) I do use a warm, microfibre face cloth which works just as well. This cleanser also smells a lot nicer than the other two mentioned above - a soft, subtle scent reminiscent of baby powder - whilst the others smell a bit to herbally for me.

Although this leaves my skin feeling soft and gently moisturised after use, I'm disappointed in its performance at removing makeup. If I use this alone it struggles to remove even the lightest of eye makeup, meaning I have to use a remover or micellar water afterwards. It doesn't sting or anything when I use it on my eyes, but it definitely doesn't leave them with that squeaky clean feeling I prefer from my cleanser.

One plus point is the bottle - it's transparent and has a pump action top, so it's easy to regulate how much product you dispense and you can see at a glance how much you've got left. This for me is a definite positive as it avoids waste and also means you know when to repurchase as you can easily see when you're getting low on product.

Although I did like using this, I don't think I would repurchase this at the moment. There are other hot cloth cleansers I'd like to try and this didn't win me over quite enough to consider it a staple product in my skincare regime.

on 6/27/2015 6:00:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to love this cleansing balm. I do really like it, It smells lovely, and isn't irritating to my eyes. The negative is that it doesn't rinse clean. Granted, I don't use a "hot cloth", just a very warm washcloth. Maybe that's why. I pass over my face several times with a washcloth and it's still very moisturized. If I go over my face with a toner or softener afterward, I've got a lot of product and makeup I'm wiping away. I've discovered that if I use the product in the shower it does melt in the shower so I'm able to wipe the product all the way off. I think this is a very good makeup remover and first cleanse, but I need to do a second cleanse to get all my makeup off.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

All time favorite!!

on 3/26/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

My skin has been all over the map recently: dry cheeks, really oily t-zone, break outs here and there, and a lot of redness. It has not been easy to find the right products, and maybe the overload of trial and error is the cause to this mess. I took a step back and stripped my regime to the bare minimum: one mild basic cleanser (this), one daycream and one nightscream, and within a week and my skin has totally changed!

I know that this is the magicmaker, because the day- and nightcream are not new. I have been using this for a month now, and my acne is gone, my scars are fading, my redness are history, and my skin is glowing. Also my skin is balanced, and there are next to no shine at the end of the day! THANK GOD!

I use this to give my face a bit of an 'extra' clean, so I remove my make-up first and then use it. I like it, it's a bit time consuming, but leaves my skin thoroughly clean and feeling lovely. I have not had any problems with my cloth, but maybe if others are finding it too rough, they could try washing it beforehand to soften it a little? All in all it's a nice cleanser.

i love this hot cloth cleanser, it made my skin feel very soft and keeps it clear, i like the soft clean scent of the product and it has a brilliant consistancy. i prefer massaging this on to my face then i do liz earle, i do however think it is a little pricey for what it is, i imagine part of the price is to do with the name, however with the £5 off voucher from no7, this makes it a fantastic product! x

Unfortunately this product is far too rich. Brought my skin out in small bumps and didn't make my skin feel smooth :(. Cleanse and polish is way better x

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loved the feel of this cleanser and felt it really cleansed my skin well. However I noticed my skin felt quite greasy in the morning, and after two days I came out in an itchy acne rash along my chin and jawline which took well over a week to heal! I will stick to my body shop cleansers in future...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So this was my first attempt at finding a Liz Earle dupe. I love Liz, but that woman's expensive! £25 for 200ml; this was £5 for 200ml with No°7 voucher. Those figures speak for themselves.

I'm no ingredient buff, but I did check this one out - cocoa butter, a vegetable oil derivative and olive derivative. No essential oils like lovely Liz has, but for the price I'm not surprised.

On opening you're greeted by a really cheap, nasty muslin cloth (really Boots?! It's a cotton cloth - sort it!) - half a lippy off!

Next the packaging - booyah!!! That's gold standard stuff! Every cleanser should have this packaging. It's a pump that forces the product up the tube. It's not simply a long tube. Aesthetically it's also very pleasing

The cleanser itself.... Very creamy. Smooths on easier than Liz, but Liz's is sinking in so we let it off... It's nice to have a good massage with this and really get it in the skin.

Next half lippy of for the smell... I can cope, but it's highly artificial - some aloe based nonsense smell!

I've been using my Liz muslin cloths to remove the product.

It left my skin beautifully soft, bright, and didn't get oily through the day. It's all I could ask for!

Will be stocking up while the £5 offer is on :)

on 1/15/2014 6:56:00 PM

As others have stated the cloth is a bit rough, but I dont use it during my routine. As I have quite acne prone skin, just to make sure Im keeping bacteria off I use a soft piece of kitchen roll to wipe this off, that way I know I'm using something clean every time without having a mass of laundry!

On to the actual cleanser. I was using Liz Earl before this, which I love, but had a bottle of this that needed using. Its actually very similar in texture and smell. I do find however that it doesn't bring makeup off quite as well, and so will probably go back to Liz Earl once this has run out. I don't normal'y tone, but have found myself having to just to get the extra makeup off, especially around my eyes which was never a problem with the Liz Earl cleanser.

The packaging is great and comes in a huge tub for a great price. So for those of you who like the Liz Earl hot cloth cleanser but want to save some cash, this is a good alternative that is great value for money. Probably better for those who dont wear makeup, or atleast eye makeup.