Dior gentle toning lotion with velvet peony extract-dry/sensitive skin

No Image

4.3

Ingredients Water, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Tetrasodium EDTA, BHT

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is an above average toner. I love how gentle it is, and that it is alcohol-free. However, I will not be repurchasing because I prefer the Clarins alcohol-free toner for the following three reasons: (1) This bottle leaks a little when it's not upright, Clarins does not (2) I have to use more of this toner for the same effect, it doesn't last as long (3) I prefer the performance of Clarins, my skin feels cleaner and softer with Clarins over Dior

on 5/31/2015 9:14:00 AM

This is the best toner I've been using for about a year.

on 11/1/2013 7:21:00 PM

I finished the bottle and yes...I'll buy it again. I like it because it is gentle, doesn't dry my skin and it's alcohol free.

Well, I admit: it's my fault that this product did not work for me. Previously I bought the Dior cleaner with velvet peony and it gave me allergies. It's been a couple years ago. So, I decided to give the toner a try based on great reviews. Well, it was very moisturizing but it also gave me allergies. Such a pity, coz otherwise the product is great (a little over-fragranced, maybe).

on 8/27/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this has found its way into my skincare routine. i use it everyday i wear makeup. i use the dior gentle cleansing oil and a hot wash cloth. then i use this toner to wipe off any left over residue and it just makes me feel so luxurious. ill admit this it a splurge buy for as there are other toners that are just as gentle. but there is alot of product in the bottle. the ingredients are simple and i LOVE the smell. its nothing strong but it does linger for a few minutes and my husband gave me a hug and said "what is that? it smells pretty." :) its never caused a reaction and it doesnt leave a 'film' or stickness like some toners can. just fresh clean feeling. also no dryness! i will continue to buy as long as they make it!

update: still loving this and its become a holy grail. the hyaluronic acid really helps tone my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This seemed ok at first, but ultimately it irritated my skin horribly, making it inflamed and itchy. I actually don't think it was the fragrance, because the matching cleanser wasn't immediately as bad.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Very good toner for my combo-acne prone-sensitive skin. I was a little dehydrated due acne treatments (i´m always on those). It cleans and refreshes, leaves skin so soft and hydrated but not oily. Def a keeper for my skin type. It doesn´t causes more acne. A little bit expensive but it last for long.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have to say that I didn't really believe in toners before this product. I could not tell what they did or were supposed to do. Maybe it's b/c this product is alcohol-free, but it really helps to hydrate my skin as I suffer from dryness. With regular use my skin has had much less dry/rough patches than before and it feels smooth and soft. I haven't had any problems with that hot sensation and I'm far from the 50+ club, but I do see results.

on 6/6/2012 10:16:00 PM

This is currently my favorite toner. It's the first toner I've ever used that's alcohol-free. I agree that it initially makes your face hot when applied, but that feeling subsides a minute or two later. The only toner I've tried thus far that's not extremely drying. I used to use Clinique Clarifying Lotion and it destroyed my skin during that time. I find this toner to be moisturizing, smells incredibly amazing, and brightens my complexion immediately. I'm already on my third or fourth bottle because I'm afraid to try anything else. I use this in the morning before I apply my makeup and at night after makeup removal. I didn't have this on me for a couple days because I ran out, and my skin could not have looked worse! Best toner so far.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

As another reviewer also mentioned I also did not believe in toner until I started using this toner. It feels wonderful! It's gentle but I feel it working. It closes my pores within seconds leaving my skin flawless. I use the pink one it is alcohol free and non drying. The beautiful scent is a plus...