Revision Intellishade SPF 45

Revision Intellishade SPF 45

4.1

on 12/11/2016 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mature ladies take note ! This is the greatest multi tasking product! I have rosacea acre prone skin . Works as sunscreen moisturizer Primer and gives a glow and radiance. . Can be worn alone as it is tinted but I add small ant of foundation to needed areas ! Love it

This is brilliant. It has just enough coverage to cover minor imperfections and still give you a dewy, natural, no makeup look. Its moisturizing but does not cause irritations or break outs. The sunscreen is effective enough that I do not worry about burning during my normal day despite having very sensitive skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried samples of the original and bought the matte. The original felt sticky and heavy on my skin and if you've read any of my reviews you know I'm a texture phobe. The matte is not all that matte but it does feel lighter on my skin. This is very sheer and just a tinted moisturizer/sunscreen. Doesn't diffuse much or cover anything but is great to throw on for walking the dogs which I do everyday of the week no matter the weather.

So this, MAC Spf 35, or a PC sunscreen is what I wear most often. If I plan on doing more away from the house I'll apply concealer, blush, mascara and I'm presentable.

Cons: Pricey. And only 1 shade that's very light/medium.

Bought it off Amazon for cheaper.I hope to see some of the skin benefits the derm was telling me about.

on 12/11/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At mid-40s, I'm all about less is more.. Looking "done", but not "overly done" My dermatologist office gave me some samples of this and I truly love. I am a freak about sunscreen and have been for decades. To have coverage, high sfp and antioxidants in one product is fantastic. I tried both the matte and original. I actually prefer the matte in the summer because I'm one and done. But I ordered a large size of the original. I still put a dusting of translucent powder over it, and use concealer under eyes, but my skin looks healthy and put together and hopefully stays protected from the sun (in the summer, I DO still use my ELTA MD under it)

This review is for the matte version.

My skin is very problematic - extremely combination (oily while being tight and dry, sensitive, and large pores. I hate piling layers and layers of product on my face so I figured after reading the glowing reviews that this would be the answer. Kills a bunch of birds with one stone.

Upon first application you'll notice that this isn't incredibly easy to blend and smooth over your face. This results in a lot of unnecessary tugging of the skin trying to get the product to blend. I would recommend applying the product with a beauty blender or another sponge of some kind.
The product is orange and adapts to the color of your skin quite well. I have no complaints as far as that goes...

Unfortunately, after using this for less than a week, my skin has completely freaked out. I have scaly dry patches accompanied with redness, whiteheads and blisters. Obviously have discontinued use and I cannot recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive or problematic skin. The search continues for the perfect all-in-one product.

on 5/20/2016 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product as a sample. It gave my face a nice, Dewey look. And it smelled very nice. It did pill up a bit in the crevice of my nose but I wasn't worried too much because it felt so nice on my skin. I've been using it for about a week, and have gotten new breakouts. Whiteheads and cystic acne mostly. I'm really suprised because my skin isn't sensitive. Really sucks

on 7/21/2014 3:34:00 AM

Update 11/19/14: I received another sample of this and decided to try it as an under eye concealer since I ran out of my regular one and I love it. My milia have greatly diminished and my under eyes seems much younger looking and moisturized! not to mention it's spf 45 :) I upped my lippies from 1 to 3 since I still would not use it on my whole face ever again.

Original review: Oh god, why? This is pretty awful. I tried this once and already know it's not for me. Gave me clogged pores and cystic acne after one use. I should have known because as soon as I applied it, i had to use powder and ten blotting sheets just to make it wearable. It felt so gross and looked so shiny. It settled into my large pores. One of the worst things I've used on my face. For the record I used the original not the matte. I had samples and I was going to try the matte tomorrow but no, that is not going to happen, I'll give the remainder away and hope someone else has better luck.

on 3/13/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Trying to find a decent foundation has been a nightmare once I passed 55: even with the high-end ones, even with makeovers and sleek SAs all dressed in black, evaluating my skin undertone (You're gold! You're pink! You're neutral!) I kept ending up with vaguely orange streaks (or muddy ones) down my neck where I'd blended and blended...and if the shade worked for my NC-20 skin, the foundation settled in every last wrinkle I had. Or made me look like an oil slick.

Bah.

I was in a medi-spa a few months ago and whined about no HG foundation for me, and the PA suggested the Revision Intellishade TM. I was iffy--I do like to have *some* coverage--but tried the sample. I was impressed enough to order a tube. I just ordered my 2nd tube, which is rare for me.

This goes on smooth, not runny, and it starts drying pretty quickly. I smooth it with fingers, tapping around the undereye area. It doesn't cover my two small melasma spots but a dab of concealer over those is easy to blend. After several hours, even in high sun, I can't see any oxidation or color streaks--it just improves and protects my skin (I use a serum and an SPF moisturizer if I'm going to be out much, since I use a pretty thin layer of product).

A dusting of translucent powder on top, and this stays pretty matte for several hours. Bottom line, some flaws I'd like to cover do show through unless I use concealer, but the flip side is the crepiness and wrinkling around my eyes aren't magnified and actually seem to be less visible. And I don't see little pools of product in my pores. There's a slight, faint fragrance but it disappears almost immediately. I do have occasional dermatitis under one eye and this doesn't cause flare-ups.

And the packaging is great--a simple tube with no fussy glass or imitation frosted plastic that hides how much is really inside. It's easy to feel when you're getting low, and if need be, you could do a cut and scoop to get the last drops.

on 7/2/2014 7:34:00 PM

I got 2 sample tubes from a fellow swapper. One light and one medium light color tone.
Since it was beginning of summer, I needed to try a tinted moisturizer with SPF and this one has SPF 45 broad spectrum - wow! My regular moisturizer has SPF 30 and this on top would be perfect. Both shades worked well with my complexion. If you want a sheer look, then this is good. If you want a matte look, not so well. No reaction to my skin. Scent is okay. It has won new beauty award. I will look around to see who sells this product line.

Thanks for reading!

I tried a sample of this and have really fallen in love with it. There is a matte version but I find it heavier, drying and cakey. SPF is a must with me and I am not a foundation wearer. However, my skin could use some light coverage and most tinted moisturizers, BB, and CC creams are too heavy and obvious on my skin. This one is quite different. I am very fair and I find that this product on its own is a bit too dark for me, so I mix it with my Elta MD daily spf moisturizer which is slightly whitish, to get the correct shade. The two products blend well and I can adjust the shade easily. The mixture provides a hint of coverage, and is invisible on the skin. I apply generously, let it sink in for a few minutes, blot with a tissue, then follow with a light dusting of mineral veil to mattify. My skin is moisturized, well protected and the powder keeps it matte all day without ever needing a touch up. The Revision Intellishade has not caused any irritation or break outs. I think I have finally found a product I can invest in. It is moderately pricey, but this one hit it out of the park. Well worth the money.