Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.2

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 11/2/2017 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

One of my best foundations ever!

I range from an NC 30-35 and at my 'tannest' I lean at an NC 37-40 (I stay out of the sun and religiously apply sunscreen) and I use the shade '143'. Offhand it can look a little dark but it is amazing once you blend it out, it also has great warm olive undertones without leaning too yellow on me.

Because of its undertones, I actually like to use it as an 'olive foundation mixer'. The other day, I mixed in a pump of this with my YSL Touche Eclat Foundation in B40 (which leans a little too neutral for my liking) and it created a fantastic base!

It is pricey, but the coverage is amazing without being cakey while still looking luminous. I find that it looks better with a brush; I use the Real Techniques Expert Face brush.

You can't get it in Malaysia however, I purchased mine from Takashiyama in Singapore.

on 10/19/2017 1:27:00 PM

I saved my money and I was so excited to try this Foundation. I have been eyeing it for quite some time and after watching review after review on YouTube I finally splurged and bought it. For starters I went with the color 123 thinking that it would match my nc25 to 27 winter skin. I tend to go with neutral foundation colors as really warm colors tend to pull too Yellow on me. The color itself is a nice neutral undertone to it but the color is way too light on my skin. Secondly, due to living in a very dry climate and my body going through a lot of hormonal changes, my skin tends to be on the dry side lately. After reading the reviews I thought for sure this would be great for dry skin.

So on to the application. First I dotted the foundation on my face and blended it out with a beauty blender. That did not work. It seemed splotchy and hard to blend which is very odd because everyone Raves how it Blends like a dream. So I tried to put primer underneath and used a blending brush. This time I had more luck but still thought it was pretty hard to blend. You can definitely build it to a medium coverage which I like, but I still have found that the more product I added, the more pale I looked.

When it comes to wear it held up alright.

All in all, it was super hard to blend for me into my dry skin. It made me look more pale than I am. And for the price it just did not wow me. I find that bourjois healthy mix does a much better job. I have to blend Shades 53 and 54 to get the right color so i didn't want to spend the extra money having to blend two foundations. However at 16.99 each, it's a steal comparatively speaking to this.

Sorry ladies I really tried to love it but didn't.

on 10/4/2017 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is definitely a your skin but better foundation the glow it gives DOES imitate your face after a facial. I liked that there is a true pale olive shade that was a great match. Things I didn’t care for is the price, and id I wore it two days in a row, I got clogged pores/ skin reaction. It has a long ingredient list. I tried one of their Spa moisturizers and same reaction. No nore Koh Gen Do for me :/

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have NW10 skin and I have this in shade 012. It is a good match for me as I have a very pink undertone, but I would caution people with yellow undertones against getting this shade. This is one of the pinkest foundations I own, so I think people with neutral undertones might struggle with this particular shade as well.

I have very dry, acne-prone skin. It has a tendency to get flaky and I also get eczema around my mouth. This foundation when applied with a damp Beauty Blender looks beautiful on my skin, as it doesn't pick up any flakes or accentuate dry patches. It has light to medium coverage which is all I need, although it may not be enough for some people. It has a satin finish on first application, but it dries down to a softer semi-matte finish by the end of the day. There is something about the finish of this product that makes my skin look glowy, natural, and just really pretty. It photographs very well. It also lasts on my skin throughout an 8 hour workday: at the end of the day it doesn't look as good as it did in the morning, but it still looks pretty decent.

The formula is thin and runny, and has only the faintest chemical scent. It doesn't break me out. However I don't have overly sensitive skin so I cannot comment on potential irritants.

There is a lot of product in the bottle and you don't need a lot to cover your face, so I can see this lasting a long time. The bottle is simple and functional. It could be a little more luxurious-looking considering the price, but it's not that important.

My only concern with this line is the abysmal shade range. This brand needs to seriously expand their range to include people of deeper skin tones.

on 9/29/2017 12:33:00 PM

This is very good foundation but not ideal and not for everyone. Looks on skin like the second one with very natural effect.
Long lasting like nothing else! But...natural effect os not glowy effect. For me little too matt.
It is not gor these people they look natural glow. Tjus is more satin natural finish. Still very very good but i was not looking for that.
In my opinion little too hype product. It is not worth this price and you can find something else for less money.
I would recommend it for the busy women which expects natural long lasting finish from 9.00 to 22.00 . It would be better for young faces than for matures could be too dry but this is only my opinion. I will finish the bottle but it is not my HG

Coming from someone with combination skin, this product is incredible. The coverage is perfect for a sheer, natural look and is very natural on the skin. It's absolutely beautiful.

However, I am also acne-prone and I am pretty sure this stuff broke me out slightly. I loved the coverage and the feel of this foundation so I was so disappointed when I realized one of the ingredients didn't work with my skin!

I would still recommend to anyone who asks because it's just THAT good.

on 6/9/2017 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation looks great applied with a foundation brush or beauty sponge. My primary tool is a Beauty Blender and it worked beautifully. I don't have lots of acne, but have small breakouts here and there and was pleased with the coverage. I always apply concealer over trouble areas and under my eyes so I appreciate the light consistency of this foundation. It didn't make the concealed areas look cakey. It covered the flaws on my face making it look more like my skin instead of makeup. However, it did not completely hide acne without some type of concealer or color correction. It is just not "heavy" enough for that. If you need that kind of coverage, I would not suggest this foundation. I always have trouble with the pores around my nose because they are big and noticeable with makeup and this foundation doesn't accentuate them much if at all. I found it doesn't stay on my face long unless I use some sort of setting powder or spray, but that is a habit for me with any foundation I use, so no complaints there.

on 5/13/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is very nice and I get lots of lovely comments on my skin when I wear it. I'm a neutral undertone, an NW20 in MAC and the shade 002 suits me very well.
The best way to apply the foundation I've found is to use a buffing brush. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because I find that depending on how my skin is feeling, sometimes this looks like a second skin and sometimes you can see it sitting on the skin and clings to dry patches a bit. I do feel that you need a good skincare routine to go with this foundation.
Still, a very lovely foundation

on 5/25/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have MAC NC20 skin with matches NARS Deauville, Too Faced Born This Way Vanilla, Bourjois 52 Vanille, and MUFE Ultra HD Y245. My match in this foundation is 213. I also own 012 which I got in a swap, but it's the wrong undertone and shade. 012 would be great for those with NW 10-15 skin.

Oh my god, this foundation is like God's gift to those of us who have dry skin. Needless to say, I love it! When you first apply this foundation, you will first notice just how lovely and refreshing it feels on the skin. It is incredibly hydrating but in a very light manner, and it's one of those products where you can actually feel your skin drinking the moisture up! It provides sheer coverage that is buildable to medium. It has a skin-like, natural finish with just a touch of dewiness that makes your face radiate health and vitality. I also find that this foundation stays intact for the whole day, and it does not break up in little patches like other foundations in this category do. It never emphasizes any skin texture or dry patches, and truly looks like skin. Highly recommended! :)

on 5/14/2017 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wanted to love this so bad, I thought it would naturally give me a sheer glow but also make my dry skin look presentable and cover slight red spots, my skin is pretty clear and it stuck to dry patches and sat on top of my skin, didn't give me any sort of glow and honestly had better foundations from the drug store, sad this is so raved about :( I saved for so long for this and waited for it to come in the mail :\ disappointed for sure especially for the hype and price point.