Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.3

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 5/25/2017 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have MAC NC20 skin with matches NARS Deauville, Too Faced Born This Way Vanilla, Bourjois 52 Vanille, and MUFE Ultra HD Y245. My match in this foundation is 213. I also own 012 which I got in a swap, but it's the wrong undertone and shade. 012 would be great for those with NW 10-15 skin.

Oh my god, this foundation is like God's gift to those of us who have dry skin. Needless to say, I love it! When you first apply this foundation, you will first notice just how lovely and refreshing it feels on the skin. It is incredibly hydrating but in a very light manner, and it's one of those products where you can actually feel your skin drinking the moisture up! It provides sheer coverage that is buildable to medium. It has a skin-like, natural finish with just a touch of dewiness that makes your face radiate health and vitality. I also find that this foundation stays intact for the whole day, and it does not break up in little patches like other foundations in this category do. It never emphasizes any skin texture or dry patches, and truly looks like skin. Highly recommended! :)

on 5/14/2017 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wanted to love this so bad, I thought it would naturally give me a sheer glow but also make my dry skin look presentable and cover slight red spots, my skin is pretty clear and it stuck to dry patches and sat on top of my skin, didn't give me any sort of glow and honestly had better foundations from the drug store, sad this is so raved about :( I saved for so long for this and waited for it to come in the mail :\ disappointed for sure especially for the hype and price point.

on 5/13/2017 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is very nice and I get lots of lovely comments on my skin when I wear it. I'm a neutral undertone, an NW20 in MAC and the shade 002 suits me very well.
The best way to apply the foundation I've found is to use a buffing brush. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because I find that depending on how my skin is feeling, sometimes this looks like a second skin and sometimes you can see it sitting on the skin and clings to dry patches a bit. I do feel that you need a good skincare routine to go with this foundation.
Still, a very lovely foundation

on 5/10/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have ever used!
And believe me I've tried 100's !!
The shade 123 matches me perfectly. This is for you if you want luminous dewy natural looking skin. At first it goes on quite sheer but it can build to a medium coverage. It makes your skin feel moisturised all day. The downside is it's very pricey but I'm afraid I'm now hooked and will be purchasing this again.

on 5/1/2017 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a beautiful foundation! Skin like satin, blurs imperfections..flawless! The coverage is very natural, Light-medium, I find it lasts a good 6hours. Its very fluid and not thick or creamy, it feels so lightweight and lovely on skin, i barely notice it. The colour match is perfection! I am a very pale olive skin tone, spot on NC15, and shade 213 is perfect, undetectable on my skin, it is the best colour match foundation I have found, joy!! I have been using this for years, I was OC-1 in the original formula and in the current formula #213 is the equivelent. I highly recommend this formula if you can find a colour match.

on 4/4/2017 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Firstly let's get the negatives out of the way.
Ordered from Sephora to the UK hence the 2 lippies deducted for the price. Even without the taxes etc I do believe that this is highly priced (worked out to be about £52 as opposed to say giorgio armani foundations which are £40). In terms of the quality and feel on the skin it reminds me a lot of luminous silk which is one of my tried and true however with less coverage which is ideal for my skin as it fortunately is blemish free. It should therefore be noted that if you prefer even a medium coverage this is not for you as it is not very buildable.

It leaves a beautiful satin finish on my normal to combination skin and lasts all day without primer or settling into my laugh lines which is something i struggle with when wearing foundation. It also doesnt get to the point of disgusting oiliness- there is that point before this when the oils on your face leave a nice natural glow and this is what happens with this foundation towards the end of an 8ish hour day.

In terms of the colour I am about an NC 25 in mac [studio sculpt- havent tried any others that have this shading system but I believe an NC 20 in studio fix would be better suited to me ] (C2 in face and body, 4 in luminous silk) and the colour 213 has a PERFECT balance of olive and yellow that I have yet been unable to find. It is a tad bit too light for me on its own but it isnt very noticeable unless you are very close to me so i do think if you are on the paler side of NC 25 down to NC 20 this shade will work very well for you.

Overall it is an excellent everyday foundation- the pump is easy to control and dispense product and the brilliance of the undertone to the shade 213 completely sold it to me. I highly recommend this foundation to people with good skin that simply requires an even tone as so far it is the best foundation i have found for this use against other similar formulas such as MACS face and body which leaves me an oily mess.

on 3/23/2017 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I am currently on my 3rd bottle of this foundation which says a great deal! As I am a bit of a foundational junkie and like to try new ones when I finish a bottle. But I have to go back to this foundation because it seriously is the best foundation for looking like you're not wearing any.

The coverage is very light but I love that for daytime wear and I can build to medium for night time wear. It will never be full coverage but that's ok because I rarely use full coverage foundation. The lasting power is very good and doesn't get oily throughout the day.

The finish is more dewy than matte which I also love and it is very good at evening out skin tone and redness. A concealer is required for freckles and pimples. It doesn't crease into lines or show up on dry areas.

The shade range is minimal but I can use 213 in winter for my pale olive face and then I also use 143 on its own in summer when I have a darker olive complexion. I also find mixing the two together makes a lovely inbetween shade.

The glass bottle is gorgeous and I'm stoked it comes with a pump.

In conclusion, I love love love it and I will continue to purchase despite the cost because it is so worth it to me.

on 3/12/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is so expensive, I think this is the most expensive thing in my makeup collection, and the only foundation I have (which is not that much). I have dry skin and don't like heavy foundation. This one is quite lightweight and glides on smoothly on moisturizer and primer water. I like using dampened makeup sponge to apply this. I don't have much to cover, so this does the job of evening the skin tone, and matches my neck very very well. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation. Good thing I was able to save $10 when I bought this. The bottle is sleek and feels expensive. As expected from a Japanese makeup brand.

on 1/26/2017 1:58:00 PM

I ordered the samples from their website and wanted to like it after reading the good reviews. It was thin and didn't have much coverage and I had a reaction to an ingredient in the foundation. I usually don't have an allergic reaction to makeup. It was the worst foundation I have used sadly. If u would I like try I would proceed with caution.

on 1/8/2017 11:21:00 PM

I wanted to re-review this foundation after going back and forth with it. I've tried both Aqua and Moisture foundations, and while both are excellent, I have to say that I like this a lot better. I agree that Moisture has more initial coverage, but Aqua is a lot more buildable, and therefore can give overall, more coverage than its Moisture counterpart. This is a light-medium coverage foundation at most, which makes it an excellent base. If you need more coverage for problem spots, that is what concealer is for, really.

My biggest gripe with this foundation is the shade selection. I'm about an NC30 (GA LM 5.75, UD Naked 4.0, EL DW Rattan), and Aqua's closest shade, 123, is the closest to my shade but it's a little off (shade 123 in its Moisture counterpart is PERFECT btw). I'm guessing it's not yellow enough (it is on the pinkish side) so I come out looking slightly pale. Adding a half a pump of shade 143 with a pump of 123 brings me to a more accurate representation of my skin color (shade 143 is about NC35-40 I think, and is quite yellow).

I HATE that I had to buy two different shades to match mine, but seriously, after trying so many different foundations, this brand really, really is a winner for me. It has that popular "skin-like" natural finish, that provides a dewiness that does not look sweaty. My issue with these "your skin but better" foundations is that none of them seem to last more than 4 hours without it breaking up or completely disappearing. I hate touching up. This one lasts all day. ALL DAY. My favorite part is that it does not look like I have anything on, which is a very important criteria for me.

This also seems to work great in the summer. I'm oily during those months, and it seems to hold great with powder and doesn't make my face look like I came from the gym.

In a way, having two shades works out anyway, as I know I will get darker come summer, so I can customize my mix between the two shades.

Two shades at about $60 each seems steep, but I stopped looking for foundation because I've found what I'm looking for, not to mention two bottles will last me a long, long time. I just wish I found this stuff sooner - it would've saved me a lot of money!