Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation
Aqua FoundationAqua FoundationLmdB and KGDLmdB and KGD family

4.4

(BE-1, PK-1, 0C-1, 0C-2): Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Sea Water, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Mica, Glycerin, Phytosteryl / Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride. Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Acrylates Polytrimethyl Siloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Butylene Glycol. Dimethicone. Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Dimyristate, Silica, Zirconium Dioxide. Talc, Isostearyl Sebacate, Alumina, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Betula Alba Juice, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Kjellmaniella Gyrate Extract, Algae Extract, Alpinia Speciosa Leaf Extract, Iron Oxides

on 11/19/2016 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have this and the GA luminous silk foundation. I find the Koh Gen Do to be a little more runny, but both foundations are very good. I have the shade 143 for my NC25-30 skin and it's perfect. I bought the sampler back off their website as I couldn't decide which shade would fit me. The shade 123 would be good for a NC20. Applies very easily and I prefer to use my fingers to get more coverage. Leaves my skin looking pretty/healthy, yet looking like real skin and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing foundation. This is a good every day foundation and the glass bottle is pretty to look at. :) Comes with a pump. $62 for 1.01 oz.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to foundation, heat cold rain or shine. This is the only foundation that hasn't broken my skin out and I am prone to pimples. This foundation can be mixed with other foundations if you are looking for more full coverage. This foundation is build-able but it is more of a sheer foundation. If you have red spots I highly recommend concealing before applying this foundation. I've found this foundation is best with a Beaty blender as opposed to a brush.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love my koh gen do aqua! Im on my second bottle. my one complaint is the coverage. it delivers light coverage and builds to a light-medium. I use concealer (Becca ultimate coverage concealer) on my blemishes or pigmentation underneath of my KGD. the color is 213 is a true olive. thank goodness!! it has no hint of orange, peach, or pink undertones. it is a true yellow beige with a hint of green. the depth is comparable to Mac ~nc20-25, imo. it blends beautifully with all of my brushes. the beauty blender absorbs too much product for my liking. It has a natural finish that is luminous but not dewey (looks like skin). I personally prefer to set it with powder (currently either nyx finishing powder pressed or it cosmetics bye bye pores loose). it does not cause breakouts on my extremely acne-prone skin. if it had more coverage, i would consider it my HG foundation. thanks for reading!

This is my first ko gen doh foundation. I usually use armarni luminous silk.
I applied it using my artis oval 7 brush,
On first application, I found it super thin, hardly any coverage at all. It sunk straight in my pores. Giving me a polka dot look.
I layered it again , which made me feel so chalky . I won't be using it again.
If you like sheer coverage, you might like it.
I like a medium coverage. And this foundation doesn't ever go from sheer to anything else.
I can see why other people say it feel like your wearing nothing on the skin. As it looks like there is nothing on the skin either, worse foundation I've ever tried. And a high price aswell.
Not worth the hype !

on 9/24/2016 11:05:00 AM

A foundation for everyday use. Highly recommend for people with normal to dry skin. The skin looks dewy and no one thinks you are wearing makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Best foundation I've found so far for my sensitive, combination skin. I purchased samples from the Koh Gen Do website so I can find the right color. I can wear NW20 in MAC foundation and the 013 in this foundation was a perfect and better match than MAC. This goes on beautifully. It is medium coverage and looks very natural. It isn't dewy or matte which is strange but in a good way for me.. as it does not make the T-zone and oilier nor does it accentuate the dry areas of my skin. Amazing foundation really. I've been looking for over a year for a foundation to replace my Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid and think I've not only found a match but it is even better than that which was my HG foundation for years. This product IS expensive - $62 is more than I have ever paid for a foundation but for me, it takes very little to cover my entire face so I'm thinking that may make up for other options where you have to use more to cover face and neck. For me, this goes on best with a flat foundation brush and dotting it on face and 'buffing' it in. Highly recommend this one ladies!

on 8/24/2016 12:21:00 PM

This is only a first impression, I just received my samples from koh gen do's website only paid four dollars and I got quite a bit of different shades to try. The first shade I tried was perfect (113) it is a nice warm neutral, not too yellow, not too pink, matches like a dream, for reference I wear bone 1w1 in EL double wear, and that shade is a tiny bit light on me in the summer. Anyways I am searching for a nice winter foundation as my EL double wear does not work well for me because we heat our house with a wood stove, which really dries out my skin, and it is way too matte for my dehydrated winter skin, it is awesome all summer. Okay anyways, koh gen do aqua foundation feels so moisturizing when applying, it blends and melt into skin with complete ease, best applied with fingers, because it is too easily absorbed into sponges/brushes, it works best with no primer, it feels like your caring for your skin when applied instead of just masking it up. The coverage is light to medium but is great for diffusing imperfections, it truly gives skin a porcelain appearance, that's radiant, but not too dewy, not too matte, a lovely finish. I would say this foundation would work best on skin that isn't overly oily, or too blemished, it creates a your skin but better look, so it is a not a major skin problem corrector. My skin is far from perfect-blemishes,dry and oily at the same time, large pores and blotchy redness sometimes. But I feel like this foundation even though it doesn't hide everything, it softens the imperfections very nicely that I could love this more natural look all winter.

on 8/2/2016 4:41:00 PM

I thought this was going to be another overpriced foundation, but I was so, so wrong. This stuff is definitely true to the hype and the reviews here are spot-on. The finish is so incredibly realistic. This is my new fave, as I don't like layering on stuff to look "natural." Coverage is sheer to medium, as described by many, and it's enough to cover my redness from rosacea. The finish itself is slightly dewy, though it does not minimize (nor enlarge) pores. Definitely worth the money. I wish I'd found this sooner - it would've saved a lot of time and money. It is perfect for the summer.

I got the shade 143, which seems super dark on Sephora's site, but it's much lighter in person. Even though the shade imo leans neutral (not as yellow as some have described), it matches my NC30ish pretty well, mainly because it blends so well.

update: This shade oxidizes slightly so it actually is slightly darker and more olive for NC30, so I had to take a lippie off because it's expensive to mix and I won't do that.

update 8/31: I bought the shade 123, which is the second to darkest color, and it's more of a match. Since it does set to a bit of a darker color, it actually matches me pretty well at NC25-30. I did a side by side comparison with Armani's Lasting Silk Foundation, and shade 5.75 seems to be very similar to Koh Gen Do's shade 123 - Armani seems to be more on the neutral side, with yellow/red tones, and Koh Gen Do seems to be more olive, but again, since it blends so well, it works :)

I am keeping one lippie off because really, their shade selection is so limited to light/medium shades.

This worked ok for me but wasn't my favorite. Staying power wasn't there compared to a lot of other products, the color didn't do it for me, and it is a bit sticky. will not repurchase

This is my favorite foundation, and I hate foundation! I don't wear foundation because they are all too heavy and masking, however, not this one! The coverage is light to medium, and it feels weightless. It evens out my skin, and doesn't have that foundation look - the natural rosiness in my cheeks still peek through, making my face look more natural. And this blends like a dream...it sinks into my skin flawlessly whether I use my fingers, brush, or Beauty Blender. It's more $$$ than I want to spend, but it's worth every penny, and it also has a Pump!