Smashbox Foundation Brush

Smashbox Foundation Brush

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used this brush about a few times before it started to become unusable. The first time I used it I loved it. I had never used another foundation brush, just usually sponges, and I liked it. It was kind of hard to blend with and left streaks on my face no matter how much I blended. I wasn't very rough with the brush and I washed it with brush cleanser, yet for some reason the ends got extremely dry and had like split ends. It came to a point where it hurt my face to use it.

on 9/17/2005 8:46:00 AM

I bought this just under 6 months ago. It worked well at the beginning but after a couple of months of using (and taking care of my brushes)it started to create horrible streaks on my face. I have to use a foundation sponge daily just to get the streaks evened out. I am starting to think I should give up on foundation brushes.

I got this in the Roxy brush roll, and use it to apply my tinted moisturizer. I like it, but I'm not in love with it, either. Sometimes, it separates a bit and goes on streaky. However, it does make my moisturizer go a long way - I use half as much when I use this brush. It gets me by just fine, but I doubt I'd repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a gift in a brush set, it gets me by when my Chanel brush is drying. I think it is a bit too tapered. My skin is so delicate that I like my brush a bit more full. But not all bad, the rest of the set is lovely and I do still use it.

on 1/20/2007 8:54:00 PM

This is a nice brush, but it's not for me. The bristles are too floppy and tend to separate when wet. I tried it once and got rid of it. However, it is well crafted, and the red handles are striking. If I remember correctly, the bristles were made of talkon.

on 6/3/2005 11:11:00 AM

What is the big deal???

I would still prefer to put on foundation with a sponge or my fingers...

Maybe I am using it incorrectly, but I have tried using the foundation brush in different ways with different foundations...I don't see a difference with application, and it's a pain that you have to wash the brush every day after one use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a great brush, but what do I know, I've never used another foundation brush. It doesn't absorb foundation, so you aren't wasting as much as you would with a sponge. It's definitely a good looking brush.I use it with SB Healthy FX oil-free foundation, MUFE HD Photo Finish foundation, MUFE Mat Velvet. Sometimes its leaves streaks, but maybe it's my technique. It leaves streaks whether the brush is clean or dirty. I find it hard to clean, especially the inside bristles. Once you use it, it will never be like new. I used to wash it with Clinique brush cleaner, but I would have to use so much of it. A makeup artist in an Allure magazine article recommended using dish soap for synthetic bristles and baby shampoo for animal hair bristles. Anyway, I would buy this again, but only as a replacement.

A lovely foundation brush - the best I've used. The bristles are soft and fine textured, and it has far fewer than some of those awkward thick brushes I've tried. I find it much easier to get smooth, even coverage with a less densely bristled brush like this - even though it's marginally more time consuming to apply foundation with wispy little strokes.
It's also good looking (er, for a brush, that is!), with a sleek red shiny handle that's of a convenient length and diameter.
Plus, I bought the brush on sale - what's not to love?!

on 4/15/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is THE ONLY high-end makeup brush I have. In fact, the only GOOD brush I have. However, I REALLY REALLY like this brush! I have used/borrowed some other high-end brushes, but I really do like this one. It IS expensive at $34, but it is definitely worth it. I use it for my foundation (obviously) and the brush is EXTREMELY soft and applies very nicely. It is a little bit difficult to clean w/ soap and water, but it may just be my method that makes it tricky. Occasionally it can apply streaky, but overall if you take care of it, it will be phenomenal!

I really like the idea of the foundation brush... This helps my make-up og on smoothly and I like it alot. Sometimes, it separates a bit and goes on streaky. But all in all i like it.

Popular Makeup Brushes