3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I’ve bought the tube version of this multiple times. It’s a great product. I can use it as foundation, sun protection and moisturiser in one. I have very dry skin, so I prefer to have a little bit of moisturiser underneath, then put this on and powder it. I’ve found it’s great for dry skin - doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasise texture at all. While moisturising, it does follow the trend of being dewy. I powder well but still have to blot throughout the day as someone with dry skin. It can also transfer. It’s just definitely not for someone looking for a long lasting matte foundation. It does take well to powder though and won’t look cakey even if heavily baking, it blots well without separating or caking, it also doesn’t crease, settle into lines or pores, or wear off patchy. It’s got quite good coverage. I have a lot of red blemishes/scarring left over from years of quite severe acne. While it doesn’t completely cover it (nothing does), it certainly makes it less noticable and covers redness and unevenness in my skin giving a smooth even appearance. I’m about an nc10 in Mac Studio Fix Fluid. If you’re over an nc25 I’d suggest looking elsewhere for a colour match, but Korean B.B. creams tend to match quite a range of skin tones with limited shades. Not sure how it works, but it seems to. I blend this one down the neck a bit and the shade is ok for me. It may be a little darker than 13 in missha perfect cover, but much less grey. It’s been a while since I’ve had that one so I’m not too sure. it’s probably about a shade 21. Again though, it’s not a grey colour. It’s not an orange colour either though - more a skin beige. Perhaps that’s how it matches many skin tones?

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

For me it is the best thing I ever tried. PROS : very good coverage lasts all day and hydrates skin give me a finished look- I received numerous compliments, people wondered what I was using and were surprised to hear it was JUST BB cream :D doesn´t get cakey it really makes me feel like i have a doll face :))) it lasts forever :D CONS: the packaging- you need to push down the top to get product out, I often get too much product out and it dries out since I can´t put it all on not the best smell after a couple of hours it gets slightly oily, so I have to use either blotting tissues or another layer of powder If wasn´t for the price I would repurchase, but I´m considering cheaper option now

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 years ago

I had high expectations for this product but sadly it didn't deliver. I researched and this was meant to be the best coverage but I like the Hot pink by Skin79 better coverage wise. The Oriental gold is WAY too pale for me. Once applied it looked super oily and shiny. Would be good for someone with dry skin wanting a dewy finish - super dewy finish LOL! I just didn't like this stuff much and the packaging looks cheap like $2 shop !! Wouldn't repurchase. If your wanting a good BB cream I reccomend Etude House, Lioele triple the solution or Skin79 hot pink. <3

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

Skin79 Gold BB cream has been nothing but great for my skin. My aunt sure did strive to introducing me to one of the best BB that could have possibly been formulated for my sensitive skin. I like how the Skin79 Gold BB contains Royal jelly, Moringa Oil, and peptides.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

I have to agree with a previous reviewer who said that the formula isn't that great. I love my bb creams--I think they're the best think ever, and my skin has been happier since I switched from mineral makeup or regular foundation to bb's. But this one just isn't a winner. What I don't like, is entirely the consistency of the product. While it looks thinner and more spreadable than other bb's--including the VIP Gold--this one simply is misleading. It takes literally forever to blend it out--even though it looks really runny and *should* blend in a jiff. And what's worse is that no matter how little you apply, it *looks* like you're wearing makeup. Wasn't the whole point of bb's to look like you're *not*?!!! Ok, on the plus side though, the color appears dark for very very pale skin, but it does smoosh all in and give a nice, very soft glow. I like that my sickly pale skin gets a hint of color without being totally obvious. And despite the difficulties blending it out, it never leaves a line of demarcation along my jaw--that's good stuff right there :) It's rare to find anything that gives pale skin some color but not be obvious at the jaw line. I like too that it's super moisturizing. My face looks dewy and luminous, despite lack of sleep, being sick, stressed, whatever... It does make me look happier and glowing--almost like I wasn't totally miserable.haha And I really like too that when I take it off, my skin is still plump and nice underneath...How many times have you taken off your makeup at night and needed to slather on moisturizer because the makeup has pruned-up your skin?lol This doesn't do that, and I like how my skin feels while wearing it and after. Again though, tons of negatives with it. The color comes off on *everything* even if you use setting spray and powder. I think because it sits on top of the skin instead of soaking in, it tends to slip around alot more. And again, even on my very dry skin, this tends to oil up and make me look like a shiny freak after about an hour or two--even in sub-zero temps. It's not me being oily that's for sure--this stuff just makes you look shiny in a not-so subtle way. Ok, so while I like the fact that it gives me color, it's way too gloppy to blend smoothly no matter what you use. And it always always looks heavy, not like you can see your skin through it. It's also very shiny so keep that in mind too. Overall, I really really want to like it, but it's just so weird(being all runny but not absorbing in like it should) that I have to say I would not buy it again...and that's kinda sad because I normally love Skin79 products.

About reviewer (190 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

I loved the Skin79 ViP Gold bb cream, and wanted to try this one out because it is more yellow based. I do like the Oriental in that it is much better in covering up redness, but it is very shimmery (pink-gold shimmer), so it makes my cheeks, my forehead, and my chin very dewy (not so much oily but just super light-reflecting due to the shimmer). While VIP Gold looks fine in photographs, this does not. The Oriental does build up to full coverage; if you plan to go this route, wait for one coat to sink in for 5 minutes before reapplying and take note that this will make the face look a bit cakey on very close inspection (from more than a few inches away, it is not that noticeable, so better than the average full coverage foundation. I have used Laura Mercier's silk creme full coverage foundation and it is very easy to tell from afar it was cakey). Worth a try if you are looking for full coverage. Otherwise, the VIP Gold is the better one to go with. UPDATE: warning: this makes my NC-20 skin very pink (it's yellow based right from the tube), but on my yellow-toned skin, it gives a pink glow (not OK for a bb cream being used all over the face). The pink may be from the shimmery particles. I can see this working on more mature skin that needs more dewiness, and will be giving it to my aunt who has NC-25 dry skin.

About reviewer (219 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

6 years ago

<b><i>Product</i></b> - I've been trying different formulations of Skin79's BB creams. Colorwise, the Skin79 BB creams have been a great match for me. Oriental Gold is most like the Gold Label (a.k.a., Super+ BB Cream Gold Label, or VIP Gold Super+) - both are nude but a little greyish and work great for my AAB/NC25 coloring, and both blend and endure well. The main difference is that the Oriental Gold is a bit heavier - for "mature" skin and more coverage. Oriental Gold feels heavier on my skin than other BB creams, and seems to gather under and enhance dry patches of skin. However, this formulation is too heavy and thick for my needs and feels more like foundation than the TM type product I'm looking for. As to the usual BB cream claims, I don't have any major skin issues so I can't attest to any whitening, healing, or preventative properties. For reference, my skin is normal but occasionally a little dry. I like to wear a TM or BB cream just to even out my coloring. Since I don't need a ton of coverage, and we live in a very dry climate, I blend this 50/50 with my a daily moisturizer before applying - and even so this formulation still is too thick for my needs. <br> <b><i>Overall</i></b> - Nice product, but not the right one for me. I'd recommend this to gals looking for more coverage.

About reviewer (970 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

from

6 years ago

When I purchased the Skin79 Gold Label BB cream, I was sent a deluxe sample of this oriental bb cream. I LOVE the Gold label. I waited a long time to try the oriental because I figured I would use it when my gold ran out. Bad choice. The Oriental was lighter in color and didn't look natural on my skin. It didn't blend as well and never seemed to match my skin tone -- unlike the Gold label, which did all of that. I wouldn't purchase this. It is heavier and didn't look natural.

About reviewer (378 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

from

6 years ago

I think a lot of people may be confusing this product with the "Skin79 Super+ BB Cream Gold Label," which is NOT the same as the ORIENTAL gold BB cream. The first does leave your skin feeling a little more "oily" because it has more of a dewy finish, but I do not believe the Oriental gold BB cream does at all! The Super+ Gold is also thick and grey in color, but the Oriental Gold is not. My background: I have tried MANY of Skin79's BB creams, but I am very faithful to my Super+ Beblesh Balm Triple Function BB cream (the hot pink tube). I have used it religiously for a year and a half (on my 5th bottle!). I also love the Skin79 Luminous Pearl Beblesh Balm in their BB Diamond Collection (more of a highlighter). I have very acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin that is very pale in the winter. My notes about this product: 1. The first thing I noticed is the smell! I really did not care for the smell at all. It sort of smells like "old lady face cream." Not a fan. 2. Very thin compared to the Super+ Gold Label and Super+ Triple Function pink bottle. It spreads very easily over the face, and you need much less of this product than the Super+ BB creams. 3. This product has more of a yellow undertone than the Super+ BB creams, which both have more of a grey undertone. 4. This Oriental Gold BB cream dries MUCH quicker than the Super+ BB creams, and it dries to a more matte finish. If you put too much on, I can definitely see how it could look cakey on some people. 5. The coverage of this product is MUCH greater than the Super+ BB creams. It completely blanked out my face, which I don't find happens with my Super+ Pink BB cream. Final verdict: I would not repurchase this product because of the smell. It really put me off. It was the type of scent that stayed on your skin after it was applied, too. But if this product did not have that smell, then I would probably repurchase because I love Skin79 BB creams, and this one has coverage that is similar to a true foundation, as opposed to a BB cream. I love my Super+ BB Cream Pink Label (literally my favorite beauty product of all time), but it is not always appropriate for going out because it is not full coverage.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

This was my first BB, and I was pretty disappointed. I was excited when I first got it, and the packaging is great. The problem came when I finally put it on. I washed my face and used this instead of my moisturizer and foundation. The color and coverage were fine, but it was SUPER oily. Just the BB by itself made my face look extremely shiny, and when I finally added powder I had to use 3X more than I do with my normal foundation. Throughout the day I had to touch up constantly to make sure I wasn't starting to get oily. I definitely wish I had chosen a different BB, because I think they might work for me if I found the right one.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24