Kerastase Elixir Ultime

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I honestly can't see what the fuss is all about and find Elixir Ultime completely average. After just looking at the ingredients I knew that but then again my hair doesn't like products with cyclopentasiloxane high on the ingredients list. I tried it in several ways and didn't notice an actual improvement on my hair, only a glossy film over them. I use it as a finishing product and it makes them look and feel softer but the effect doesn't last. It didn't weighten my hair down at all though. Lastly, I find L'oreal's Extraordinary Oil to be almost the same thing but I like the smell of Kerastase better. Wouldn't repurchase.

This product is a pricey number but it's the only hair oil that I've actually noticed makes a difference in my hair.

In the past I've tried the Macademia oil, the Joico oil and argan oil and I really can't say I've seen an active change.

This product smells quite nice. I use 2 drops on wet hair and i massage into the hair and what I like is that it absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue on my hands either, when I apply it.

Keep in mind that my hair isn't very damaged, but I have noticed my hair is much more soft and less frizzy when using this. If I could return all the hair oils I've previously used, this is the only one I would keep and repurchase.

To Read all 159 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a light, high quality, finishing oil. I have tried using it on wet hair, and in large quantities, and I have found you get the best out of it after blow drying and lightly apply afterwards - it softens the brow dry slightly. It's a finisher and a nice one, though I find it's expensive and doesn't really give me particularly noticeable results, but it is a pleasure to use, very soft. and does make hair softer. It lasts a super long time. I think it would be best on very healthy hair, to add gloss. On damaged or frizzy hair it doesn't do all that much, though pleasant to use. Given it's so lovely to use I would buy again, but it doesn't add as much to my hair as I'd like.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hope this helps for people who aren't getting the best out of this product. I use this oil as a sealant. After washing and conditioning I towel dry my hair and then spray it with a moisture spray (joico moisture spray... Blue bottle). Then I use this oil after to lock in the moisture spray and it works so much better :) read somewhere that oils should be used as sealants and I've not looked back. Great stuff and smells beautiful :)

I use this product as a pre-shampoo conditioner. It lightly coats my fried ends, and protects them from the shampoo I must use for my oil producing (I can make OPEC jealous) scalp. It does a good job. But I'm sure there are other less expensive alternatives available that will work just as well. I will say that I received a generous trial bottle (1.7 oz) from someplace this past Christmas season, so I didn't actually purchase this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Elixir Ultime doesn't work as an out-of-the-shower oil for me...for that, I need to use that goopy argan oil from One n' Only: it does a better job at making my hair *look* healthy and producing less frizz on wet hair (I think I need something super heavy to help my frizzy, fine ends look like they have more heft and help weigh them down). Two, full pumps of Elixir Ultime on my wet ends really doesn't do anything but smell nice and act as a really good detangler...there's absolutely no improvement in my matte, frizzy texture however. This is disappointing to me, hence the four, instead of five rating.

When I *love* to use Elixir Ultime is on not-so-fresh hair. I like using it at night, going into second or third day hair to help keep my ends in order as I sleep, in the morning of no-shampoo days...I even like carrying around a little vial of it in my bag to help my hair along on windy NYC days. It helps soften and give my hair a little sheen for an hour or so, and it also seems to help my hair create a nice, piecey look (weird?) while keeping the ends feeling soft and healthy.

I can't overdo application (maybe because my hair is so frizzy/damaged?)...it's like my hair drinks this stuff, I don't know, but there's no oily look in my ends if I've applied what I think might be too much, and it also doesn't weigh my hair down. When I can't get the coating off my hands...that's when I stop applying it.

I consider this a luxury product that I love having, and even though I *could* get by without it, I'd rather not.

I have fine but lots of it black tinted hair.
I want my hair to feel weightless , not flat.
My hair is dry but I get oily roots . So I wanted a treatment that wou
Don't make it greasy,
I applied 1 pump full mainly on the ends and slightly everywhere else .
It did feel greasy , and I dreaded drying my hair.

I shouldn't have worried at all. My hair felt feather light soft clean and super shiny!
No greasiness at all.
Will defiantly buy again!

Very good silicone-based hair serum, but there are many cheaper options out there. I like this because it adds shine, smoothness, manageability and doesn't weigh my hair down. Provides heat protection as well. It really is a good product but I also like CHI's Silk Infusion and Paul Mitchell's Super-Skinny Serum. And those are both much more affordable than Kerastase.

For reference my hair is thick, dry, wavy-texture, color-treated, and I heat-style it regularly. So it's important that I take care of it with the right products. I always use some type of leave-in before blow drying, and this one works great for me. But I don't have to spend this kind of money to get these results, so I won't buy this one again.

This product is a bit expensive but it makes my hair super soft and silky with a very slight coconut smell. I apply it after showering and works well with either air-drying or using a hair dryer. I only use a drop each time so one bottle will last for more than a year. If you use more than that, it will weigh your hair down and make it greasy. It works for me because it takes care of the frizz and I love the smell.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Way too expensive to be so mediocre. I have 100: Remy extensions in my hair and was looking for a product to give my hair more "slip through the fingers" so I decided to try a top of the line product. While it does leave it nice feeling my hair still tangles and gets dry. It give a pretty polish and shine, but that sad thing is that the L'Oreal version of this works way better and is maybe a eight bucks. This product is almost marketed as a miracle mutiuse product, but was really not worth the money.