Sarah McNamara - Miracle Skin Transformer

Sarah McNamara - Miracle Skin Transformer

3.5

Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Oxybenzone 2.0%, Zinc Oxide 1.5%. Inactive: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Methicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aqua/Water/Eau, Dicaprylyl Ether, Boron Nitride, Octyldodecanol, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Dimethiconol, Ubiquinone, Tapioca Starch, Mica, Physalis Angulata Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 80, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Potassium Sorbate, Hydrated Silica, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Silica, Isoceteth-10, Retinyl Palmitate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phytonadione, Cholecalciferol, Tocopherol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 9/16/2016 10:36:00 PM

Wah! I bought this twice at Costco, and now it's no longer there! After getting "matched" at Aveda and Sephora today, I'm back to trying to find this product.

I'm fair skinned, but the medium in this worked well on me. I have good skin that has gone from oily to normal, and as my skin lost its oilyness, this product worked even better.

What I loved about this is it truly enhanced my skin tone and color. People thought I wasn't wearing makeup when I wore this!

It minimized my pores, which I didn't realize, until I tried on two different BB creams at Sephora today.

I'm fair, but not super fair. I think that if you are super fair, the light will work for you. I'm a neutral-toned person in my face, and the medium worked well for me - not yellow or pink, which so many foundations and BB creams are on me.

on 8/29/2016 12:58:00 PM

A real surprise. I use foundation at night but prefer a light BB cream or tinted moisturizer for the daytime. Bought this on a whim at Costco and was shocked how much I like it. I've tried so many tinted moisturizers/bb creams: Laura Mercier, Tarte, Benefit. And I liked this best. I don't use a ton of it and it looks very natural, like I am not wearing anything. But it does just enough to make my skin look significantly better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my HG in my make up kit. It doesn't cover my hyperpigmentations but it makes my foundation stay without retouch. This is perfect for those who have clear skin coz they don't need to use foundation on top of it and it will look natural and glowing on them. I've given this as a gift to my friends and they all bought again.

on 5/7/2016 10:40:00 AM

I received this as gratis back when I worked at Sephora. I looked up reviews for it on here to try to figure out how to use it. The reviews confused me because it talked about it being a tinted moisturizer and having color. Mine is clear. That's when i realized there was a Translucent version and that's what I have. So this review is for that. i use it that same way i would a BB cream. I skip my foundation and moisturizer and just use this. It makes my skin look awesome! It smooths my skin, blurs fine lines and pores, and gives me a nice matte finish. I just put my concealer, blush, and a tiny bit of powder over this, and - voila! A low-key look. I would love to try this as a primer, but I'm apprehensive because me and silicon based primers have never gotten along. If you can find this, i highly recommend it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a while now and it is alright. I say alright because for me when used alone it does make a nice base for my foundation but it does not add longevity to the wear of my foundation or minimize my pores, but I still see a little something extra when I do use this product. I think it just creates a slightly smoother surface for my foundation to cover. Also, when I first purchased this they told me you could use this by itself and I did not find that possible because it left just the slightest white cast on my face. Now, I use this product and another primer before I apply my foundation and it is an amazing combo, and my foundation last throughout the day. I will be repurchasing this unless I find a primer that can do what my combo does.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

HG product. This is it for me - I found it at costco at a good price, and I've already bought it a second time. I am a woman Of A Certain Age so foundation can turn into a Whatever Happened to Baby Jane horrorshow. (You get older, you can't see close-up worth a damn, so really need products that are fool-proof and 110%reliable - plus, wrinkles, etc.) This has a ton of silicone, and just enough pigment - so it gives you that airbrushed look without the oil (yes, still have the oily skin) it wears well, covers the red, evens you up, and kills the shine without over-mattifying.
I just use a tiny bit to even things up, and put it in a tiny little jar to carry with me during the day. Expensive, but it does last forever. Look for it at Costco in the Pharmacy aisles.

on 2/22/2015 3:04:00 PM

I have always had bad skin - oily, cystic, flakey, pores, blackheads and now lines! If I am going to a party and need a great make-up base, I use Elizabeth Arden Ceramide; however I cannot use it regularly as it breaks my skin out with cysts horribly.

So, last year while visiting Florida, I purchased Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer from Costco. For years, I have used Cera-Ve moisturizer and Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder Make-up in Ivory Beige. I am 42 now and my expression lines and large pores are getting more and more prominent, so I decided to try this "bb cream". I've used many before as well. At first, I hated it - "medium" was more like "fair", the texture was a bit odd, and there was absoloutely no coverage for my bad skin. I didn't use it all year.

This winter in Canada, I decided that my skin needed a change. I purchased a Roc 5-in-one moisturizer (lightweight but smells strong!!), and Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in shade 55. My cousin with perfect skin had recommended the Bourjois to me. This combination felt great on my skin and both soaked in and stayed matte; however, my imperfections were magnified! So, I remembered my Miracle Skin Transformer that was barely used, and applied it after the lightweight Roc moisurizer and before the lightweight Bourjois gel foundation. THIS IS MAKE-UP VOODOO!! Pores are gone, expression lines are nearly gone, and the foundation provides the colour and coverage. I am using this as a primer only, and it just took years off and my skin really looks airbrushed. So far, so good.

on 1/15/2015 9:13:00 AM

This is by far the best blurring primer out there. Yes if you want to wear it alone your skin has to be already in decent shape but the trick is that it tells you for extra coverage to wait a few minutes and reapply for added coverage. This trick really does help, I find this makes my skin look amazing where other products have failed to do so. My skin is never greasy or dry, it's glory but matte at the same time. On the days I wear foundation this is the ultimate primer so win win.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm sure this would be good for someone but it's just too thick and full of silicone for me. The shade I got didn't match my skin at all but it's so sheer a color that it didn't matter. Doesn't work for me under makeup as it clings to my dry patches. Also it's ridiculously expensive.

on 8/30/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wish I could use this. It's full of silicones IIRC which means it feels wonderful when you rub it into your skin. But they tend to break me out and this product is no exception. The medium shade would be too dark for my light skin tone if this had a lot of coverage, but it doesn't. It is "lightweight, luminous coverage" as the tube states. I've had tinted moisturizers that gave more coverage than this product does. What I really enjoyed from it is how my skin did look luminous, more youthful and dewy and slightly blurred. The older I get, the less coverage I can appreciate in my base makeup. I don't feel like I need to cover every imperfection anymore and I don't mind a more natural (but better) look like this gives. If it didn't break me out, I would've already bought a tube at Costco.