Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red

4.2

on 10/28/2016 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This polish is good if you want a quick manicure with fast dry time. I love the wide brush and the color is wonderful. I would recommend a base coat to avoid stained nails, as a lot of reds do stain. A top coat is definitely needed if you want it to last more than a day. Even with top coat, mine didn't last longer than a day. I don't know if reapplication of daily top coats will help with chipping. My experience was that it wasn't just a bit of the tip that chipped (although this did happen), but large chunks of polish came off... and I didn't do rough stuff with my hands. This polish does have a strong nail polish smell during application. When removing it, it stained my skin and I had to use additional nail polish remover to get it off plus wash my hands with soap and water.

This gave me complete coverage with just one coat... it's so beautiful! A nice year-round red. It does dry quickly, so you have to work fast, which isn't hard with the wider brush (it takes some getting used to). Definitely use a base coat. I use a quick-dry top coat, too, and this will last about a week. If you have a coupon, or hit a sale, you can't beat the price!

on 6/18/2013 12:51:00 PM

I totally agree with alexanna7 - Rapid Red is the perfect pin up creme red polish. I personally like a wide brush, it does drip a bit, I have to work fast, but I really like the Insta Dris. They really do dry quickly too, if you don't have a ton of time to do your nails, this line is great. I do use a base coat - Bridge the Ridge from Sally's - but no top coat. I highly recommend Rapid Red for a year round red creme (not too dark for summer, but also not a bright Christmas red).

on 5/30/2013 10:43:00 PM

This is a nice basic matte red. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polishes are my go to polishes when I want to paint my nails, but don't have much time. I only use one coat of rapid red and it dries to the touch in 60 seconds. I would suggest not doing much with your hands until a few minutes after application, because it can smudge or dent. This polish can stain your hands a little bit when you remove it, but that doesn't last long if you wash them with soap and water. Nails are fine as long as you use a base coat. With a base coat and top coat it lasts about a week. The brush is awkward because it is a little overly large, and picks up too much polish. Make sure you wipe off most of the excess polish before you use it, though not too much or it won't spread well. Watch out because excess polish drips down quickly from the top of the brush. I usually wait for most of this polish to drip off into the bottle before I start. Once you're ready to apply the polish, it takes about two strokes to cover larger nails, one for the pinky.

I have a few from this line, and am excited to see that Sally Hansen is offering more color selection. I bought this one because it was the only red, from what I could tell, in the line (exclusive of sparkly red). I have a pale olive skintone, and while I can wear blue-red, I prefer a pink-red or an orange-red. This polish is a slight blue-red and to me, just looks a little outdated.

That said, the formula is so great! Smooth, creamy, opaque in two coats, fast drying.... Such a different experience to paint my nails with this stuff compared to others. I used a base coat and top coat when I first used this polish. The base coat didn't seem to effect the quick dry time, though my top coat did. Top coat was necessary, though, as the finish on the polish alone isn't super shiny and new looking. The formula didn't seem to dry out my nails, and was flexible. However, I did leave red streak on a white table at work, and that was with the topcoat, so it's not a super hard formula.

on 5/4/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Rapid red is a nice pin up red. It stays on fairly long,it goes well on the application,it brings a nice red color to the nails! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love sally hansen nail care and I wanted a polish that had a great color range and that dried fast. When saw this I was a little disappointed in the short color range because there wasn't a lot of selections and the colors were not vivid they were a little opaque . Anyways I bought this shade and I didn't really like the product because the color was not bright instead it was very light and soft . I also did not like the product that much because if you have small fingers the brush is very big so some of the polish ends up going on your fingers !! This happened when I was on a way to a party and I needed a quick touch up . I would purchase this again though because it dries in 60 seconds !!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is that perfect red shade of red. It has good lasting power. Yes, it does chip after a few days, but that's without a topcoat. I love the square shape of the brush, it fits my nails perfectly. It dries quickly which is a huge bonus, too!

on 11/24/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this itís a sexy red hue and these nail polishes are very pigmented one coat is good enough but if you want to build more color you definitely can. The brush is not an issue for me I have been using these nail polishes for years. It dries so fast and itís so inexpensive compared to those crappy OPI polishes. I will repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. Before I started using it, I wouldn't like to paint my nails, because it would take such a long time for my nails to dry and the polish not to smudge. When I use this as directed, my manicure is dry to the touch in about a minute. But I would wait several more minutes before doing other activities, because I have noticed some smudging otherwise.

The price is great for the product, as one bottle lasts for a long time. I'm on my second bottle, and unless I discover something better, I'll be repurchasing. The only thing I didn't like is that when I was more than halfway through my first bottle, the polish became very thick and hard to put on my nails. I'm hoping it's just because the bottle was really old, and it's not going to be a reoccurring issue.

Popular Polishes