Lancôme Teint Miracle Radiant Foundation

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 3%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Rosa Gallica Flower Extract, Talc, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Methicone, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Polyethylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate; May Contain: Red 28 Lake, Red 7, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my go-to foundation for years and years. I have dry skin, some fine lines and enlarged pores and this foundation does not emphasize any of this. It goes on smooth, feels moisturizing to the skin.

The color does oxidize a bit, so opt for a slightly lighter shade. The coverage is very light. If I need fuller coverage I usually mix this foundation with another one and it blends well.

It has a slightly rosy smell, but it fades quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

The only thing I like about this product is the packaging. That is the only good thing I have to say. This one here broke me out soooooooo baddd in just one use! Maybe my skin is to blame for being sooo darn reactive to just about everything and the fact that this foundation contains alcohol denat, talc, sulfate and rose extract that my skin hates just made it clear why I broke out in the first place (I happened to bought this back in the days when ingredients list was the least of my concern and good reviews combined with marketing were things I paid attention to) Be careful if you have oily sensitive acne prone skin that reacts badly with these types of ingredients.

My Shade: 010 Beige Porcelain
Other shades that work for me: TF BTW Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1N2 Ecru, MAC C1.

After trying out Lancome's Teint Idole 24hr foundation and falling in love with it, I was very keen to explore their other products and was suggested to try out the Teint Miracle. This one is nice, but did not meet the bar set by Teint Idole. Miracle is a light-medium coverage, though I was able to build it up to medium quite easily. It applies better with a damp beauty blender/sponge than a brush in my opinion. It has a nice satin finish. My issue with this product is that it always looked like makeup - not natural or skin like at all, even with just one layer. It does build up, but if you try to get more than medium coverage the end result just looks cakey. I found that it lasted well on my skin, not fading off during the day, but does transfer. I found a setting spray worked much better than a powder when attempting to get this product to transfer less. I also feel as though the shades, or at least my shade 010 Beige Porcelain is darker in this line than in the Idole line, so I definitely recommend getting colour matched when purchasing this shade, or at least going 1 shade lighter. Unfortunately though, this product did cause me to break out in small whiteheads, not an issue I have with any other foundations. All in all, I will be sticking to Teint Idole and not repurchasing Teint Miracle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The coverage on this is almost not even present at one coat. I don’t know how much you’d have to slather in before it started muting any melasma, sun spots or acne. Applied over Visionnaire, it started exposing tiny flakes on my face that I didn’t see until I gently tapped this on. If you have perfect, hydrated skin that barely needs any coverage, you might like this. I tried a sample of Ivoire 1N and I like the color (since it’s so sheer, it’s not orange or yellow) but not the idea of having to apply several layers to get enough coverage to even out my skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love love love the finish of this foundation. People will literally stare at my face in awe when I'm wearing this. Like "how did she get skin like that?!?!" However, that's where it ends. This foundation does not last more than 5 hours. The finish goes from radiant to greasy and blotchy. I have really dry skin for reference.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a really lovely dewy foundation. It works well for my combo skin- I found it very kind to my dry/textured patches, something that is my main 'rule out' for foundations. Just about everything I try looks too textured on the brow area, but this actually makes it look slightly better than without any foundation at all. For oily areas it performed surprisingly well too. I use quite a bit of powder to set this initially (A personal preference, I just don't like feeling *that* dewy) but it still looks nice and smooth under it. I had to re-powder the sides of my nose every 5 hour or so which is more than my previous matte foundation, although it is more that you can see a little more shine than the actual makeup 'sliding off', which is usually what happens in my case.

The coverage is a buildable medium. I like applying it with washed hands first for a lighter coverage where I don't need much then applying more with a beauty blender to my dark circles and redness on my nose/cheeks. I found it went on streaky with a dense oval brush, nicely with a buffing brush and brilliantly with hands or a beauty blender.

My only point of contention with Teint Miracle is the shades. Ideally what I'd use is something pale and neutral-cool. The 005 (lightest available) is just too dark for my skin, and a little too yellow. The 007 (lightest rose) is far too pink and even a little darker than the 005. The formula oxidises slightly too (nothing crazy though) so it is a whole shade too dark for me by the end of the day. I'm just a little lighter (not even half a shade) than Mac's NC10, so be prepared to buy a white mixer like I did if you are around that or even lighter! The 005 is a little warm too, so if you are *very* cool toned it might not work for you either. It's just such a shame because lancome DO have a really nice cooler toned light shade in the Teint Idole range which was too drying a formula for me (008 beige opale). I'm very much not a dark skinned lass, so I can't say if this is just a fluke in the range that happens to be relevant to me or if the range focuses too much towards the middle of the skin spectrum generally.

Despite the colour issues, I'm more than happy to work with the product to suit it to me because the formula is just so perfect for combo skin (or, well, my type of combo skin. Very oily folks might have more issues with it). I have been through maybe 35 sample of different foundations since I found out my old one was being discontinued and this is really just such a fabulous formula.

I have extremely dry skin with a lot of flakiness, and this foundation emphasizes the dryness more than anything I have tried before. I found a decent color match, and the coverage evens out my multi-colored skin, but the finish is quite matte and not at all what I look for in a foundation. I've tried it with and without primers, and I can't make it work for me. I also suspect it contributed to some breakouts. I'll be returning it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Finish - Dewy. Gives a very beautiful dewy and healthy glow. Also does a good job at covering pores to make your face seem flawless.

Coverage- Light-Medium. Buildable without getting cakey, but does not completely cover acne/scarring to be considered high coverage.

Staying Power- Average. I was a little less than impressed with the staying power which is why it is not quite HG-worthy for me, even though it has come pretty close. After about 4 hours, it starts to get oily and streaks a little.

Pros: did not break me out, has very beautiful packaging.

Overall: It's a decent foundation and I may repurchase if I can't find anything better, but I'm constantly on the look out for a foundation that can offer a beautiful finish and has amazing staying power.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm always hunting for the best foundation for my skin. I'm mid-sixties but look mid-forties (yes, really!). I battled acne most of my life and have it tamed to an occasional pimple, but I'm very reactive and if my skin doesn't like something I'm using, I break out. I went to Ulta this morning to see if they had something great but a little cheaper than Lancome, and specifically asked about a Tarte product, saying that I'm always looking for something better. The SA looked at me and said, "What you have on now is gorgeous." And I hadn't revealed what I had on today. So, yes, I purchased the Tarte Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation, mainly because it gets incredibly good reviews (horrible on me), but Lancome Teint Miracle stays very high on my "repurchase" list. Some reviewers have complained that it doesn't work for oily skin because it has a dewy finish, but it looks fabulous on my oily skin.

First things first, I just have to say WOW! This is a great foundation. I wouldn't say it's holy grail for a couple reasons (I'll get to that) but I think it's very close to it. I've been on the hunt for the perfect foundation, I'm pale with yellow undertones (hard to accommodate for), and have dry skin. Generally, I like medium coverage foundations. So let's get to the pros and cons. The price of this foundation is $57 Australian dollars. This is not cheap, but isn't crazy expensive. Considering most drugstore foundations are around $30, and some of the top range ones around $90-100, this is middle market price but for a luxury effect. This is so moisturising! It feels like applying skincare, even with the formula being oil-free. The finish is probably a dewy-satin finish, (my face!) and when used with powder (Rimmel Insta Fix + Go) it becomes a soft matte. This illuminates the face and is so beautiful. My only complaint is that the colour selection isn't amazing in between tones, there are lots of options for my darker skinned hunnies, but in terms of undertones, each shade is quite different. For example, I am shade 010, a yellowy-neutral colour which is maybe half a shade too dark for me (won't be a prob in summer though), but 000 was a light colour with a pink undertone. What?! So -1 lippie for that. However, this is good value, looks beautiful all day and will get you so many compliments on your skin. Not oily, but still moisturising, I would really recommend you try and get a sample of this one. ***Note: the fragrance is quite strong for first 10 minutes, so be wary of this if you have sensitive skin or are sensitive to fragrance!***