Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia

Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia

4.1

on 6/12/2018 9:03:00 AM

I really loved this fragrance when I bought it two years ago. I used only one third of the bottle and now somehow I can’t stand the strong rose notes in it.

on 5/19/2018 9:05:00 PM

English Pear and Freesia is such a beautiful fragrance. To me, it smells very clean with floral undertones. There is a fizzy cider smell to me that must be the pear note but it smells so effervescent and fresh. The freesia comes off like a light floral. Fragrance is so subjective. I tend to gravitate toward clean smells and this is definitely clean. There are no powder or vanilla notes in it at all. I really love the scent. I was able to pick this up at the huge Sephora in the Venetian shops in Las Vegas. They had a large section of Jo Malone so I was able to smell everything and make note of which scents I liked. I ended up buying the English Pear and Freesia in the larger size. This perfume is expensive, $135 for 3.4 ounces. I love perfume, so to me it was worth it. It's such a lovely scent.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

the smell is fresh and gentle for my taste
great for daily use
but price is so expensive

on 7/16/2017 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smells close to other popular scents, I don't find it all that unique. It is very floral on me. The rose and freesia are strongest though under that is a hint of pear and something that smells a little fizzy and bubbly which I think is the rhubarb. It is not an unpleasant scent but I'm generally not a fan of florals and I think the florals in this make it too perfumy for me. Lasting power was very good.

on 12/3/2016 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

On first spray this smells like a bubbly alcoholic fragrance such as prosecco or champagne. Imagine drinking a glass while sitting in a garden full of flowers and pear trees. You get whiffs of this during the day and the dry down is a little musky after the top and middle notes settle in. This is a likeable fragrance and would make a great gift!

This scent can stand on its own. I have it in the cologne, the oil and the body cream. Love it.

I believe there is a thin line between the fresh and the sour and this one is definitely on the sour side. Although it does not smell like a lemon it is as sour as one. The lasting power is very poor on me. Dry-down reminds me of Burberry Baby Touch and a fabric conditioner I used to use. I have the large bottle. Will not repurchase when I run out.

on 12/22/2015 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I recently treated myself to a couple different Jo Malone perfumes for the first time. Although I consider myself a perfume junkie, I never really paid much attention to anything in this line. I sampled quite a few of their scents and found 99% of them to just be far too masculine for me. I also am not a fan of the spendy @ss marketing ploy of layering, i.e. gotta buy more than one. Out of the two I purchased, this is my second fave out of all their scents.

This is a lovely mixture of fresh pear, freesias flower, and Amber. The amber keeps the pear from coming off too sickly sweet, and the freesias is not overbearingly floral at all (think more along the line of Diptyque Ofresia). The only thing this scent is missing is some pepper notes, which would have earned it 5 stars from me for sure! This will run you $125.00 for 3.4 oz but I definately thing it's worth the price (the smaller one is $65 but its basically a purse size so not a good value at all).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

In a brief description. Classic and lovely. Boozy, sweet, and light. Totally elegant but with elements of fun. Like a spiked champagney pear. Not really getting all-out, distiinctive freesia in this like I have in other fragrances I have owned and have sampled, but their is a lovely soft floral that whispers in the background and the only note in the fragrance that has these qualities could be the freesia or the subtle, light rose that occasionally peeks through the undertones, but even if you don't like a rose, still try this, as it is next to-nonexistent in this crisp cocktail of a fragrance. Some people say this is a fall fragrance due to the sweet warmth, though still very light warmth, nothing too strong or musky or pronounced woodiness here, of the pear. Others, for it being a fruitier fragrance and a more effervescent-textured fragrance would see it being for warmer months. I can see both qualities and smell them, so this is a year-round sweet, warm, and giddy treat for me, when I want something fresh (I am NOT a grassy, green or really berry or tropical fruity scent person, so summer fragrances are tough for me, and I usually don't like a whole lot of white florals touted for spring either) without sacrificing some of the woodland or cozy qualities I consistently enjoy. LOVE JO MALONE. Velvet Rose and Oud being my all-time favorite. Second favorite fragrance ever the now-departed Burberry The Beat. Just to give indications as to my taste in scents.

on 6/8/2015 10:36:00 AM

A lovely scent that is gentle on the nose and not offensive, although everything is dependent on body chemistry as well as nose sensitivity I suppose. I agree with prior reviews, regarding pear cider, a champagne allure. It sparkles, and it is light and fresh. Appropriate for day time, and eve wear as well.

However, where it falls flat is its lasting power of a lackluster 2 hours on my skin. Unfortunately, it does not work with me nor my preference of a fragrance to last over 3-4 hours as a minimum. Perhaps better luck in the winter...

Popular Fragrances