3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

This product has a me torn because it has some serious pros and cons. Pros: nice gel texture, cute packaging, doesn’t break me out, good feel on the skin Cons: STINKS like old lady perfume (just why), packaging while cute is very cheap (lid broke on mine), and cannot be work under make up! The last con is why I will not be repurchasing. I bought this mostly as a day moisturizer for under my makeup but if I try to put cc cream on top of it it pills and balls up horribly and my skin looks like it’s peeling! Miss for me, unfortunately because it is so affordable and I do like the texture.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

a month ago

I'm giving this product 3 stars because it does have a nice feel, absorbs in without disappearing and has a fantastic price point and found anywhere Garnier products are sold. That said, like several reviewers this gave me the worst cystic acne. I had clear skin and changed nothing else in my very basic routine that has been tried and true for several cycles and seasons. This product set me back and now I am dealing with the aftermath of scarring and having to conceal blemishes that are difficult to hide. IF you have a history of stubborn cystic acne I don't know that I would take any chances.

About reviewer (420 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

This gave me the worst cystic acne I have ever had. I get an occasional pimple or two but within 2 days of using this my cheeks were covered in pus filled bumps (I know this is the culprit because before using this my cheeks were completely clear). What was I even thinking? This is full of nasty chemicals, dyes and perfumes. I always ruin my skin trying to find a cheaper alternative to a more expensive moisturizer I use but I never learn my lesson. This is it! Never again!!!

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

If we were giving ratings solely on how a product feels, then it'd earn a perfect score. It's so lightweight and comfortable feeling to apply and wear. Perfect for the hotter months. However, I don't really feel that it hydrates my skin that much. My skin hasn't reacted poorly to it on the flipside. I'm about to finish my jar, however, and as I'm applying I'm thinking about what other moisturizers I should try. Do I think it helped my skin? Yes. Could it have done more? Yes. I'll keep it in mind as a "baseline," but I wouldn't say that I'd repurchase it in a heartbeat either.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I've been using this gel cream for the past 2 months and absolutely love it! I've already repurchased another bottle and will continue using it. Love this as a cream for summertime skincare; the formula is super light and love the texture that goes from gel to water-type texture. You can watch my full review on YouTube here: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8_VCRN69xo"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8_VCRN69xo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I really don't like the alcohol content in what is supposed to be a moisturizer. You can smell it when you put it on. Other than that, it is fast absorbing and leaves a matte finish. Fortunately, it has not caused breakouts or irritated my sensitive skin. However, it doesn't moisturize my skin as well as I believe it should and would if it wasn't for the alcohol in it. The only way I will use this is if I'm using a nourishing foundation on top of it to compensate for the lack of conditioning/moisture. The smell is not pleasant due to the alcohol, though the perfume itself does smell pleasant.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

This burned my skin sooooo bad and gave me HUGE cystic acne all over my face!! Massive pimples that hurt so so bad it tingled everytime I would put it on and I thought it was just a cool refreshing feeling but nope it later turned into red inflamed itchy skin ☹️

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

Why do companies insist in using fragrance in skin care products? They cause so many problems. I'm sure there wouldn't be as many returns if they just left it out. Pros: Non Greasy, takes very little product, feels great. Cons: The fragrance is just way too strong. Developed a rash 1st use, likely from the perfume in the product. I'll be returning this to the store.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Super light-weighted, moisturizing nicely. Only concern is the alcohol in it. I might go for Clinique after this one and compare if i should go back to this.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3 years ago

This is the best moisturizer I've ever tried on my face. It doesn't cause breakouts. It leaves my skin refreshed but not filmy. I apply a thin layer in the morning before I do my makeup and at night before I go to bed and my skin has never been happier. I can't recommend this enough if you are prone to breakouts and have oily skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral