OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.6

on 2/4/2015 12:07:00 PM

Deep gunmetal-gray shimmer, looks darker on the nail than it does in the bottle. Dries to a glossy but not quite metallic finish. Gorgeous color overall. This is from the OPI Swiss Collection Fall 2010 and it is a perfect shade for the fall/winter months. Slightly edgy but also very wearable.

Opaque in two coats, and no problems with application or wear.

This one is a keeper- I'd definitely buy it again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This color is absolutely marvelous! (haha) It's a smoky, dark grey almost-foil--it's super packed with shimmer! From what I see, the shimmer particles are mostly green and pink. Gorgeous! The polish itself seems to have the slightest tinge of green. :) I love this polish! It's metallic sophistication. I'm doing an accent with this along with Pamplona Purple! I love the way it looks. Would definitely recommend this polish!

on 4/12/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Yes you certainly do look marvelous :p this polish is amazing! It is a very unique colour... I have never seen anything quite like it... A gun metal/charcoal grey shimmer... With silver glitter and even fine green and pink glitter on closer inspection... Truly unique... Also the application is amazing! I usually make such a mess with dark colours but this one applies like a dream! So effortlessly and smoothly and EVENLY! Its also super easy to remove for a glitter polish! It also lasts forever! Around about a week with base and top coat. I would highly recommend this colour! I wore it last new years eve an received so many compliments on it :) and I have continued to wear it several times since :)

on 1/26/2013 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I was after a grey-black nail polish and this one by OPI caught my eye immediately. It’s a gorgeous gun-metal shade with glitter thrown into the mix. Not quite grey, not quite black, but that’s definitely what I was looking for. It definitely requires two coats for maximum opaqueness, and the end result is a stunning black-grey with shimmering glitter. The glitter doesn’t feel chunky, it feels smooth. A nice twist on basic black.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've never come across another shimmery OPI shade that applied so well. I was nervous about it streaking, but it goes on so evenly that after only one layer it looked opaque.

I'm not a huge fan of the charcoal color, but it's growing on me. When sunlight hits it my fingers shine like a disco ball.

This is a good step in the shimmery direction for someone who is apprehensive like I was. Would buy again, just for the fact that it's a nice dark color that applies amazingly well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This polish is among my all time favorites! I was shopping with a friend who bought it and promised to loan it to me. As soon as I was done painting, I knew I had to have my own bottle! The dark charcoal is beautiful and the shimmer and glitter are sublime! It wears really well for me. Sometimes OPI polishes with similar consistencies give me terrible tip wear, distracting tip wear, but this one didn't! The next time I saw it on the shelves, I picked up my own bottle =)

on 12/22/2011 8:59:00 PM

OPI was right to put marvelous in its name because that is exactly what it is. It is a a beautiful combination of slightly darker than gunmetal base infused lots of fine silver, (and less of) pink and green glitter. I should note that in majority of the lightings, the pink and green glitters don't show up very well, revealing only the dominant silver glitter. However, I was lucky enough that the lighting at the Ulta I was visiting happen to have the weird lighting which reveals its multicolored awesomeness. I've read in reviews and heard of others suggesting it as dupes of some Chanel polishes. I shall debunk two such myths here.
1. Graphite: The only thing that they have in common is that they contain glitter and are darker than a normal silver base. Otherwise, they have nothing in common. The base for LLM much much darker and closer to black while Graphite is like a slightly darkened silver. Graphite has pretty much only silver and gold while LLM has silver, pink, and green.
2. Black Pearl: The most unique thing about either polish is their finish, and these two polishes aren't even classified in the same finish family. Black Pearl really does look like pearl, but LLM is straight up fine chunks of visible glitter. LLM did remotely remind me of Black Pearl somehow though, probably because they both have a dark grey base with green accents (but Black Pearl doesn't have the pink).
I'd also like to note the LLM reminds me SO much of the darkest color of the Ombrés Perleés de Chanel palette from the same Chanel collection as Black Pearl (which is a soft grey-black with silver, pink, and green in its pearly shimmers).
Like many have already noted, LLM applies like a dream, takes 3 layers to become opaque enough to sufficiently hide the VNL, and applies like a normal nail polish (and not a glitter, as we would expect).  Overall, I think it is a marvelously beautiful polish, and if I do finish it, I shall track it down and repurchase.

on 11/23/2011 4:20:00 PM

Stunning gunmetal color with glitter. One of my favorite OPI polishes. Looks great on my skin!!! Would and will be buying again!!! Update... After trying numerous brands of grey sparkle polish this is still
my favorite! Not too light like most which seem too be like a light silver this is like a deep gunmetal and applies like a dream. Getting ready to buy my 3rd bottle! Love it!!!!!!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i am just watching the polish in this bottle slowly vanish, because i use and love it so much.
it is a gunmetal grey, packed with fine silver shimmers, flecked with rainbow glitter that shows up properly in certain lights. it takes 3 coats for it to look completely opaque. 2 coats is fine if you are in a rush, but 3 brings it out the best as it hides your nails 100%.
this is a dark polish from afar, but when you move your hands around, the light captures the silver shimmers, and it looks metallic even from that distance. this never looks dull. for eg. i hate it when you buy a pretty nail polish, but then from afar it looks a little 'blah'! not with this.
this wears unusually well on me! i think it's because i apply 3 coats, and just the general texture of it. but this is not hard to remove, maybe a little bit harder than cream polish formulas, but nowhere near as impossible as glitter polishes/some other similar polishes.
do not buy this if you are looking for more of a silvery polish, and do not buy this if you are looking for more of an off-black.
i would recommend & buy again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a total Nail Polish Addict. I probably have 250+ bottles, so for me to say that this is hands down my favorite polish...is saying a lot!!!
Its a gorgeous dark shimmery, silver/gray. When it hits the light just right, its stunning!
I wear it all year round, but probably get most use out of it in the Winter! I love dark nails all the time, and although this isn't too dark it is still to die for!
I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I think all ages can totally pull this one off

Popular Polishes