OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

Filtered by skin type : Combination
OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

4.6

on 2/4/2015 12:07:00 PM

Deep gunmetal-gray shimmer, looks darker on the nail than it does in the bottle. Dries to a glossy but not quite metallic finish. Gorgeous color overall. This is from the OPI Swiss Collection Fall 2010 and it is a perfect shade for the fall/winter months. Slightly edgy but also very wearable.

Opaque in two coats, and no problems with application or wear.

This one is a keeper- I'd definitely buy it again!

on 12/31/2012 10:05:00 AM

It looked great on the bottle but on nails it's just plain boring.
It's just too gray for me.

i bought my first OPI nail polishes after reading all the raving reviews on MUA and magazines ,and although it was a little expensive 16 euros i am very impressed ,it dethroned every nail polish ive tried so far and ive have tried many from Isadora,Artdeco,Butter London,MissLyn,Catrice and the list goes on ...since the day i've put this NP on my nails i got lot of compliments from all the people i've encountered even my bf likes it alot..the colour is a dark shimmery-metalic green ,it looks a little grey in natural light but in sunlight it transforms into cosmic dark mysterious green..the shimmers are not tacky ,they are like infiltrated sparkles of diamonds..it's been 2 days since i applied this (on 2 coats) and it still didn't chip it's intact and i wash dishes and my hands quite often ..im definitely looking forward to try more OPI nail colours from now on

I find when I am at a loss and stumped with a color choice for my nails I always grab this one as its just so bright and welcoming. So so so lovely and impressed with the application and results of the polish even after a few months of having it. no clumping yet.

on 12/22/2011 8:59:00 PM

OPI was right to put marvelous in its name because that is exactly what it is. It is a a beautiful combination of slightly darker than gunmetal base infused lots of fine silver, (and less of) pink and green glitter. I should note that in majority of the lightings, the pink and green glitters don't show up very well, revealing only the dominant silver glitter. However, I was lucky enough that the lighting at the Ulta I was visiting happen to have the weird lighting which reveals its multicolored awesomeness. I've read in reviews and heard of others suggesting it as dupes of some Chanel polishes. I shall debunk two such myths here.
1. Graphite: The only thing that they have in common is that they contain glitter and are darker than a normal silver base. Otherwise, they have nothing in common. The base for LLM much much darker and closer to black while Graphite is like a slightly darkened silver. Graphite has pretty much only silver and gold while LLM has silver, pink, and green.
2. Black Pearl: The most unique thing about either polish is their finish, and these two polishes aren't even classified in the same finish family. Black Pearl really does look like pearl, but LLM is straight up fine chunks of visible glitter. LLM did remotely remind me of Black Pearl somehow though, probably because they both have a dark grey base with green accents (but Black Pearl doesn't have the pink).
I'd also like to note the LLM reminds me SO much of the darkest color of the Ombrés Perleés de Chanel palette from the same Chanel collection as Black Pearl (which is a soft grey-black with silver, pink, and green in its pearly shimmers).
Like many have already noted, LLM applies like a dream, takes 3 layers to become opaque enough to sufficiently hide the VNL, and applies like a normal nail polish (and not a glitter, as we would expect).  Overall, I think it is a marvelously beautiful polish, and if I do finish it, I shall track it down and repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I borrowed this from a friend, because I was getting tired of the nail polish colors I brought with me to study abroad. I'm studying abroad in a country that does not sell OPI (only fakes). So she generously let me try her nail polishes. I chose to try this one, because it was metallic and that is what is in for fall right now. When I was applying it I loved the way it easily could coat my nails with just one layer. For best results you should put two coats on. The color is gorgeous at night. Your nails will sparkle with small glitter particles. You just feel classy. I ordered this at drugstore.com because I wanted it so much.

on 11/23/2011 4:20:00 PM

Stunning gunmetal color with glitter. One of my favorite OPI polishes. Looks great on my skin!!! Would and will be buying again!!! Update... After trying numerous brands of grey sparkle polish this is still
my favorite! Not too light like most which seem too be like a light silver this is like a deep gunmetal and applies like a dream. Getting ready to buy my 3rd bottle! Love it!!!!!!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i am just watching the polish in this bottle slowly vanish, because i use and love it so much.
it is a gunmetal grey, packed with fine silver shimmers, flecked with rainbow glitter that shows up properly in certain lights. it takes 3 coats for it to look completely opaque. 2 coats is fine if you are in a rush, but 3 brings it out the best as it hides your nails 100%.
this is a dark polish from afar, but when you move your hands around, the light captures the silver shimmers, and it looks metallic even from that distance. this never looks dull. for eg. i hate it when you buy a pretty nail polish, but then from afar it looks a little 'blah'! not with this.
this wears unusually well on me! i think it's because i apply 3 coats, and just the general texture of it. but this is not hard to remove, maybe a little bit harder than cream polish formulas, but nowhere near as impossible as glitter polishes/some other similar polishes.
do not buy this if you are looking for more of a silvery polish, and do not buy this if you are looking for more of an off-black.
i would recommend & buy again!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is the only dark nail polish that I own I normally don't go for the dark colors, but I was wanting to try something different. This color is perfect it's a dark grey that's almost black. It has tiny metallic shimmer in it theres also hints of other colors in the glitter. It's also smooth on your nail so you don't feel the annoying chunks of glitter or anything. It's a very unique color I love it.

on 6/29/2011 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is so pretty! A shimmery gunmetal color, with lots of silver sparkles ( I wouldn't exactly call it glitter). It is very flattering on my medium-pink toned skin and I can see myself wearing this ALOT. I love dark colors, but sometimes they can look too goth. This seems classier, and more special. I also wore this with 2 coats of Out the Door Northern Lights over it and WOW. It really makes it POP. I highly recommend this to anyone!

Popular Polishes