Hermes Voyage d'Hermes

Hermes Voyage d'Hermes
Voyage d'Hermes

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'd never even heard of D'Hermes, but I got a sample of this in the mail, and WOW, I fell INSTANTLY in love with it. I sprayed it on my wrist and couldn't stop smelling it. Christian Dior's Dolce Vita was my signature scent for 19 years, but now D'Hermes Voyage is. I rang around all day for 3 days looking for a bottle, but nobody had it. Then lastly I called David Jones, who said they have 2 bottles left, $180 each, so I bought the last 2 bottles, as it's so hard to find. This is the only perfume where I've received so many compliments. Even strangers have stopped me to ask what perfume I'm wearing. When I'm wearing it I want to eat myself, HAHA. This has everything I love in a scent, it's fresh, unique, exotic, sexy, elegant, sophisticated and addictive!

EDT is crisp, lemony, dry, and translucent. The EDP has greater longevity and is not as lemony. It's a bit sweeter and spicier. The juniper is bright and aromatic. There is a note reminiscent of geranium rose. Then there is the amber, which is quietly and beautifully present from inception.
Both scents finish with a birch note. The EDT is warmer, richer, and smoother. Both wear very close to the skin.

on 11/16/2013 12:52:00 PM

People wear this for summer? Hmmm. I purchased this recently for a good fall and winter fragrance, largely due to the cardamon base note. I love that this starts with a lemon/citrus note, and then settles into a warm and soothing fragrance. I get medium sillage from this; the fragrance lasts but stays closer to the skin as the day progresses. So far I really like it - and the bottle is beautiful as well. It's a keeper.

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

The name voyage is perfect for this scent. It takes you to a calm, exotic place. A place where you can be free. This has to be the most fresh scent my nose has ever encountered. It is so interesting. It drives my senses crazy. I adore this scent. The embodiment of an hermes summer. This scent is the equivalent of the garden party tote or a blue jean birkin. You have to try it to understand.

on 9/12/2012 8:52:00 PM

I sampled this at sephora with other Hermes product. I sprayed this on my forearm. The scent literally disappears. No staying power what so ever. It seemed to be nice fresh summer scent, I think. The scent was gone.

Close your eyes...this fragrance does seem to take you on a journey.

Sparkling and fresh at the beginning, dusty and heavy near the end - feelings any traveller can relate to.

This perfume is light and easy with a hint of darkness that scuttles away once you start looking for it too closely. It reminds me of the sea, and spices from far away lands, and there's a carefree element here that's extremely attractive.

It's a unisex fragrance, and whilst I'm sure there are women who can wear this beautifully, it simply felt a little too masculine on my own skin. Very sexy on a man, and hopefully as I get older my skin might change and I may be able to pull this off.

A bit of escapism in a bottle, entrancing, takes me back to my childhood. The price is a shame.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really love this scent. It smell fresh, clean, citrus, elegant and you really can't go wrong. I find that the scent is not overwhelming and blends well with my body heat. The spray tube is long enough so that you can get every last drop of this fragrance. My husband love it also!

on 1/26/2012 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Like the other reviewers, I really have a soft spot for Monsieur Ellena and particularly his fragrances for Hermes. Voyage is just as cool, fresh, elegant and superior as Sur la Nil and Après Mousson but less floral, more masculine. And I find it layers very well with the other two. The ginger and spices instantly give me a lift in the same way that Jo Malone Lime,Basil & Mandarin does. Fresh, invigorating and spicy enough to be exotic but not cloying. It doesn't last on me either, sadly. Only about three hours before it's just a light hint of pepper and green. But if you treat it as a cologne to be applied regularly for an uplifting boost, it works superbly.

on 10/18/2011 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Voyage d'Hermes is (on my skin) a one-note cardamon scent shaken into a glass of some watered-down lemonade. I get a salad note, but someone perhaps knocked a spice rack into said salad. Not a particularly fantastic Voyage, and surprisingly flat for an Hermes. Like that it has a refillable bottle, and wish more companies would do that.

on 10/14/2011 12:09:00 PM

I said I'd repurchase this, but I did only just buy it, so time will tell - I am just riding on my love of Hermes here.

This is going to be my new "everyday" scent, as I have been wearing Chance daily since mid-2009 and just needed a bit of a break. I chose Voyage because I feel like every other perfume I smell isn't distinct enough (have I become a snob? lol). But all joking aside, when you are putting down $50+ for a fragrance, it shouldn't smell like "eau de mallrat."

Voyage is unisex, and reminds me a bit of the divine Terre d'Hermes for men (a cologne which, if I smell or even think I smell, makes me weak). This is very much like gin and tonic; green but not quite as citrus-y as it is described. One issue is the bottle - very beautiful and unique, but definitely not travel-friendly. I did not buy the gift set, even though it cost the same as the 3.3 ounce bottle, because I wanted the box for travel (and, yes, to throw into my already 4574338 pound purse). I know others are guilty of lugging around their big perfume bottles, so I had to mention this (the .5 ounce in the gift set wasn't going to cut it for me lol).

I knocked the rating down to three lipsticks because while I adore the scent, there is almost no staying power at all. Even as a summer fragrance, that is just unacceptable. I think I'd buy this again as a lotion or cream and layer under another Hermes fragrance.

Popular Fragrances