Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask

Neutrogena Deep Clean Long-Last Shine Control Cleanser/Mask

3.4

on 1/4/2016 8:38:00 PM

I purchased this on a whim while I was on the hunt for an inexpensive foaming cleanser to use with my Clarisonic brush. Everything I’ve tried from Neutrogena so far has been like going to a dive bar - it has what you need, like a $5 gin & tonic, & gets the job done. No bells or whistles, but has a price you can’t beat.

Whenever my skin feels extra oily at the end of the day, I reach for this. I have dry/dehydrated skin with an oily T-zone that gets oilier during the summer months. Every time I use it, it feels like it sucks the excess oil out from my T-zone without leaving my skin feeling overly dry or matte.

PRODUCT:
The product looks like toothpaste, but is light, airy, & easy to spread on the face. There are tiny scrubbing particles in it, but it only constitutes about 20% of the product, unlike true scrubs. The scent is really refreshing – I don’t know what it smells like, but it’s cool and slightly minty, like winter fresh gum.

METHOD:
I find it’s best to dispense about a nickel & a half amount of product to get a nice lather. I usually splash my face with water first, product onto my hands, and massage right into my skin. It doesn’t create huge foam, but some small suds. I’ve been tempted to try it with my clarisonic, but a dear friend of mine warned me about scrub particles possibly getting into the crevices of the spinning brush head & causing failures. I already had to exchange my clarisonic once when it stopped working, so I’d rather not have to do that again. I tried using this as a leave-on mask as the package suggested, but I don’t think it really does anything remarkable, so I’d stick with using this only as a face wash.

OVERALL:
It’s nice to have some alternate cleansers for different needs for your skin during different climates/seasons. When I’ve finished the bottle, I can see myself picking up another bottle because I haven’t tested anything similar for minor oil control during summers. It’s basic, cheap, and does its job.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

First claim: I bought this thinking I bought a regular facial cleanser! After first use, I discovered it's more of a facial scrub.

Secondly: This product says it controls shine, that is a lie!! But honestly, I think that NO SUCH product exists!!! lol

With those two things out of the way, this product is a great product. Leaves your skin feeling clean, and smooth. It's not over drying either. I've used as both a scrub and mask. I love that you can use it both ways. Great product!!

To Read all 69 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Not only does it clean out bad oils in your skin it has decreased the amount of oil on my skin! I've turned from a oily skin person to a combination skin! It's really great!

on 7/15/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have combination and acne-prone skin. This stuff did a good job. I use it morning and night, and it greatly reduces shine and doesn't irritate or dry out my skin. And it's inexpensive which is always awesome.
Two minor things though:
1.) I doesn't take all of my face makeup off. There's still a tiny bit of makeup residue left so I use a super gentle micellar cleanser at night, before using this stuff, to remove makeup first.
2.) It gets a little messy under the cap. A tad annoying but definitely not a deal-breaker.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

LOL
So tired of all these so called SHINE CONTROL products.
Some times I wonder if the people making these even have oily skin or if this is even tested before they put them out.
Anyway once again this product did nothing except make me shiner.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used to have oily skin and throughout the day my T zone would shine so much. This product changed my life, it was so inexpensive and it works great! I wash my face every other day with this and I forget about a shiny face for days. Once a month I like to apply a thing layer on my face and leave it for 5-10 mins and I love the result WILL BUY AGAIN best product for shine control for me and I never break out

I love this as a cleanser and a mask, my skin looks amazing and my pores are so clean. I also appreciate that it is cool and refreshing, I like to use this before makeup, I wouldn't suggest using this for make-up removal as I believe it would irritate your eyes.

on 11/28/2014 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this, my face is so soft after using this, and remains oil free for hours.

on 5/22/2014 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love, love, LOVE this stuff, and have repurchased it time and time again. It does a great job cleaning my combination sensitive skin. This stuff feels like you're rubbing cake frosting into your face, it's that fluffy and light. It doesn't dry my skin or make it feel tight, and I feel like it gives me a good, deep cleanse of all the impurities in my face. I like to rub it in and then leave it on in the shower while I shave my legs to let it get deeper to the oil. I'm not sure it actually does much for oil control, but I didn't really buy it for that. It does a great job of gently cleansing my face to get rid of impurities. It's a permanent part of my skincare routine.

on 2/23/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

My other review if this product sounds silly due to Autocorrect. But in a nutshell..... Great stuff.