Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.2

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bear in mind that this palette came out waaaay before UD's Naked palette, so don't expect much similarity between the two. TF seems to take the "Naked" part much more literally than UD. The TF Naked Eye Kit consists of mostly soft, tonal colors in taupes, neutral pinks, and soft greys, almost all of them on the cool side. (It's cooler than UD Naked 2 and MUCH cooler than Naked 1.) There are 3 matte shadows in this kit: a bone white, a taupe, and a black. The rest have a subtle sheen and there is no glitter to be found. The shadows are buttery soft and pretty pigmented, but the shades are so subtle it might be difficult for some people to tell. I'm fair-skinned with a pink undertone so these show up well on me. I get better than average staying power even without a primer.

However, I know that many more of you have a golden undertone, so this may not be for you. I believe that if you have a yellow/olive undertone, or tanned or dark skin, these could look too pale and frosty in a dated '80s kind of way. If you know how to rock cooler neutrals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd go with Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, which is basically another kit of neutral shadows but with warmer tones more similar to UD Naked. The Natural kit is also very high quality except for one pink shadow that is little more than a glitterbomb. But either Too Faced palette works well if you need makeup to wear to the office, or if you just like a more natural look where people will notice your eyes, not your shadow.

on 5/11/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this palette. The packaging is sooo pretty! Even though I don't use it like everyday I always use at least one eyeshadow from this kit.

on 4/7/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has the usual great quality/buttery feel we have come to expect from Too Faced eye shadows. However, as a warm toned gal, this did absolutely nothing for me.

I really feel like these palettes should be named differently - this is only a naked eye if you are cooler toned. Natural Eye should have been a 'Naked Eye' for warm toned gals.

I'm just saying... we get sucked into buying these palettes, but they really do lean either to the warm or cool side...

This was ok, but I really did have to layer on the blush and lipstick to balance out the 'washed out' look that these colours gave me. I'm a warm light beige. If you are warm light toned, then do yourself a favour and stick with the Natural Eye or Natural at Night Palette.

on 3/23/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful palette but I have a problem, 2 of the prettiest colors wont show up on my lids. Im NC15.
I love how pillow talk and lap dance looks in the pan but I hate them on the lids. I have to layer them 4times to see some color.
The rest of the colors are really pretty but I dont think that this palette is worth the price.
But the packaging is just too cute to resist so Ive picked up romantic eye, natural at night and natural eye. I hope those are better than this.
I recommend this to someone that is new to eyeshadows and dont want super pigmented colors. My search for the prettiest taupe will continue :P

on 3/10/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

There are three different sets of colors - one is meant to constitute a day look, another a classic look, and another a fashion look, though that doesn't mean you can't use the colors as you wish. I think the sets are coordinated quite nicely and even come with little cards that give you instructions on how to use the colors to achieve a certain look. They're really cute and especially helpful for beginners who don't really know where to start.
As for the colors themselves, I think they're very pigmented and really soft to the touch, which is nice when you're applying it on your eyes as it means that you don't need to pack the color on for ages and also that they're quite blendable. I really like the fact that these are neutral colors that can be suited to both day and night looks, so you can create very natural and also more dramatic looks. It's a versatile palette and well-suited to all occasions, so I think it's a great starter palette!
The only thing I don't really like about the palette is the size. It's quite chunky due to the little slide out drawer at the bottom which contains two dual-ended applicators. I think that's unnecessary and I wish it wasn't included, as I don't usually use applicators that come with palettes anyway. If that detail had been taken out of the packaging, I think the palette would be more portable and better for traveling with. But it's really not too big of a deal and I really like the palette anyway, for the pigmented, soft eyeshadows and versatility. Plus, the names are so cute! They're creative and a bit cheeky, but I think that's just adorable and only makes me love the palette more.

on 3/5/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great colour selection to achieve your naked eye look. Love the finishes of each of the shadows. I find that some of the eyeshadows do crease on me though (i use urban decay primer potion to prime) although this may be because i have extremely oily lids. I've received several compliments when i wear these shadows which is important for me. My personal favourite colour is 'satin sheets' my mum loves this on my eyes and so do I! They last all day on your lids (minus the crease for me). The packaging is so cute! Although a mirror would have been nice. No fall out and can easily and quickly be applied.

on 3/1/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love these palettes. They last forever, pretty colors that go easily from day to night. You can't mess up the application either. Cute names and packaging. Price isn't dirt cheap exactly but you'll never run out. Some of the shades have a lot of shimmer so watch for fall out. But otherwise, love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love these shadows, this is a nice kit and the shadows are long lasting. I also have UD naked palet but I use this more.

on 2/13/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't like this one as much as the Natural, as I find all three of the HUGE pans on the left relatively useless as they don't show up on me very well at all, except maybe as a highlighter and that's a big maybe. It's a little hard to justify the price for six teeny little shadows, but I suppose buying even six individually would be steep. At any rate, all shades on the right half show up nicely on my NC25 skin for a soft, pretty eye. I wouldn't have thought to buy these colors individually or put them all together, so there's something to be said for that.
Still don't like the drawer, the cards, or the applicator thingy, but I'd still probably splash out for this again...
EDIT: Upping my rating on Unmentionables alone; plus I've been using this more than I thought I would.

on 2/6/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sooo I'm a sucker for packaging and I think that's mostly why they are charging what they did. This is my first experience with Too Faced and I have to say...blah. While I don't think it's the worst thing ever, it's not the best either.

Coming with 9 shades, I think most fall short. They aren't very pigmented, which seems to be a common ground for reviews of this palette. I do however, like Birthday Suit. I have olive skin with yellow undertones, so these colors don't show up very well on me at all. The more silver based shades, Unmentionables, Lap Dance & Pillow Talk, aren't for me either...making me look tired.

I won't give up on this brand yet, I just had bad luck...hopefully my next Too Faced buy will be better!!