4.1

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

I bought this forever ago. Many of the shadows are showing pan already. It used to be the only thing I'd wear for months. This was my first sorta high end palette and I still love it around 5 years later. I would probably even repurchase it and I've never done tha with a palette. The shadows are sheer and therefore foolproof. I love this for moments when I'm in a hurry but still want to look presentable. I don't quite understand the shades of the left. I've used the matte white quite a lot, but I've never used the brown shade (maybe it's a base colour for darker skintones?) as it looks kinda muddy and too sparkly for my taste. Same applies for the pinkish shade. The other shadows are gorgeous, especially the taupey shades. Sooo easy to blend and soft and smooth. A great beginners' palette or if you're always running late in the morning like me ^^

About reviewer (150 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This an extremely wearable, neutral-leaning-cool toned palette that indeed does create some lovely "I'm wearing makeup but still look natural" looks when applied correctly. The nude shades, with the mattes mixed in with the shimmers, definitely remind me of the Naked palette although obviously without as many options. The packaging is very cute as always, and I do appreciate the extra creativity Too Faced displays in that regard. You do get a decent amount of product and the cards they provide showing how to apply the eyeshadows is a helpful touch. The colors are, for me, all really wearable and can be applied subtlety but also built up into a more dramatic smoky eye look. The black shade, Stiletto, is very pigmented and may give a little fallout if you go in with a heavy hand. Of the three larger shades on the left side of the palette, the pale eggshell white shade In the Buff is the only one that is very pigmented and I use this on the browbone and inner eye. The other two shades are not as pigmented and are kind of "hard". The two taupey shades, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, are pigmented and creamy transition colors I like very much. The shimmery shadows are not as pigmented but still good quality shadows that are very blendable. Overall this is a nice versatile little palette that would be useful for the makeup novice or professional, and the colors should be able to work on many different people, on various occasions.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

It is a good palette, great pigmentation.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

4 years ago

I have a love/hate relationship with this palette. It's not very pigmented except for stiletto, which I feel that color transfers. Even if I put on a primer it still muddied the other colors somehow. I guess I like this palette for those rushed mornings where I don't have alot of time. And I've worn this palette for two interviews and got the jobs. So it's office appropriate

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

A few of these colors make this palette worth owning. Not a fan of the green, and I lost those cards a long time ago (they are difficult to get out of the palette), but I use these shadows regularly. They can get a little messier than the other palettes by too faced I own, and they're very shimmery, but I really love the colors. I wouldn't say it is appropriately named - naked - but it is a nice collection.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

Overall, I really like this palette. It has nice cool tones which can be used for both day and night. They are nicely pigmented, but also have mattes to create an entire eye look. I favor this palette over Urban Decay's Naked 2. I have the old packaging, which was much too big, but I know that now the packaging is skinnier (who needs a tiny makeup brush anyway?). Overall, it's a great palette for those that love cool shades.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

2.0

6 years ago

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results. Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere. The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

6 years ago

The colors in this palette are pretty and neutral and I think they would work well for most people, but I found the pigmentation to be underwhelming for such an expensive palette. I have had a couple of single shadows from Too Faced (Jealous and Blonde Ambition) that were much better, but these are somewhat lacking in color payoff. I hit pan on the highlighter (In the Buff), but barely touched the rest. The pink shadow (Satin Sheets) I found to be too golden/warm for my fair skin. The black (Stiletto) is decent for an eyeliner if you dampen your brush. Birthday Suit and Pink Cheeks were useless to me - very chalky and unattractive.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

from

6 years ago

I absolutely love this palette, and I use it everyday. The shadows are highly pigmented and have good staying power; I can wear them the whole day without my eyes becoming a smudgy mess. The palette contains every shade I need, and is versatile enough that I can use it for both day and night looks, so it's very good for traveling. Satin Sheets is my favorite shade, and I really wish they made that pan bigger (I use it far more often than I use Birthday Suit). I also like Pink Cheeks a lot - it's quite subtle, but has a mild highlighting effect which is really good for a "no makeup" look. Stiletto is an excellent black shadow for tight-lining, because it is so pigmented and doesn't smudge. Overall, an excellent and very practical palette!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

7 years ago

I have all of these palettes except the Smoky Eye one because I know I would never wear most of those colors. Anyways, this palette is my favorite of all of them. To be precise- Satin Sheets is my favorite eye shadow color ever. It is a skin toned color with a slightly goldish pink sheen. I have yet to find an exact dupe. I've more than hit pan on this color- there's none left. Stiletto is an amazingly matte and pigmented black. I like all the colors but these are by far my favorite. I said I would buy this again, but I am not sure if I really will since I'd be buying it for Satin Sheets as I still have a ton of all the other colors. No matter- I highly recommend this palette!

About reviewer (330 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Neutral