Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This an extremely wearable, neutral-leaning-cool toned palette that indeed does create some lovely "I'm wearing makeup but still look natural" looks when applied correctly. The nude shades, with the mattes mixed in with the shimmers, definitely remind me of the Naked palette although obviously without as many options.
The packaging is very cute as always, and I do appreciate the extra creativity Too Faced displays in that regard. You do get a decent amount of product and the cards they provide showing how to apply the eyeshadows is a helpful touch.
The colors are, for me, all really wearable and can be applied subtlety but also built up into a more dramatic smoky eye look. The black shade, Stiletto, is very pigmented and may give a little fallout if you go in with a heavy hand.
Of the three larger shades on the left side of the palette, the pale eggshell white shade In the Buff is the only one that is very pigmented and I use this on the browbone and inner eye. The other two shades are not as pigmented and are kind of "hard". The two taupey shades, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, are pigmented and creamy transition colors I like very much. The shimmery shadows are not as pigmented but still good quality shadows that are very blendable.
Overall this is a nice versatile little palette that would be useful for the makeup novice or professional, and the colors should be able to work on many different people, on various occasions.

It is a good palette, great pigmentation.

To Read all 144 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a love/hate relationship with this palette. It's not very pigmented except for stiletto, which I feel that color transfers. Even if I put on a primer it still muddied the other colors somehow. I guess I like this palette for those rushed mornings where I don't have alot of time. And I've worn this palette for two interviews and got the jobs. So it's office appropriate

A few of these colors make this palette worth owning. Not a fan of the green, and I lost those cards a long time ago (they are difficult to get out of the palette), but I use these shadows regularly. They can get a little messier than the other palettes by too faced I own, and they're very shimmery, but I really love the colors. I wouldn't say it is appropriately named - naked - but it is a nice collection.

Overall, I really like this palette.
It has nice cool tones which can be used for both day and night.
They are nicely pigmented, but also have mattes to create an entire eye look.
I favor this palette over Urban Decay's Naked 2.
I have the old packaging, which was much too big, but I know that now the packaging is skinnier (who needs a tiny makeup brush anyway?).
Overall, it's a great palette for those that love cool shades.

on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results.

Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere.

The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The colors in this palette are pretty and neutral and I think they would work well for most people, but I found the pigmentation to be underwhelming for such an expensive palette. I have had a couple of single shadows from Too Faced (Jealous and Blonde Ambition) that were much better, but these are somewhat lacking in color payoff.

I hit pan on the highlighter (In the Buff), but barely touched the rest. The pink shadow (Satin Sheets) I found to be too golden/warm for my fair skin. The black (Stiletto) is decent for an eyeliner if you dampen your brush. Birthday Suit and Pink Cheeks were useless to me - very chalky and unattractive.

on 11/17/2013 12:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette, and I use it everyday. The shadows are highly pigmented and have good staying power; I can wear them the whole day without my eyes becoming a smudgy mess. The palette contains every shade I need, and is versatile enough that I can use it for both day and night looks, so it's very good for traveling. Satin Sheets is my favorite shade, and I really wish they made that pan bigger (I use it far more often than I use Birthday Suit). I also like Pink Cheeks a lot - it's quite subtle, but has a mild highlighting effect which is really good for a "no makeup" look. Stiletto is an excellent black shadow for tight-lining, because it is so pigmented and doesn't smudge. Overall, an excellent and very practical palette!

on 12/18/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have all of these palettes except the Smoky Eye one because I know I would never wear most of those colors.

Anyways, this palette is my favorite of all of them. To be precise- Satin Sheets is my favorite eye shadow color ever. It is a skin toned color with a slightly goldish pink sheen. I have yet to find an exact dupe. I've more than hit pan on this color- there's none left. Stiletto is an amazingly matte and pigmented black. I like all the colors but these are by far my favorite. I said I would buy this again, but I am not sure if I really will since I'd be buying it for Satin Sheets as I still have a ton of all the other colors.

No matter- I highly recommend this palette!

on 10/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

I really like these colors. They are cool-leaning and very light, but that is what I look for to wear every-day. I have found it really hard to find the perfect gray-brown colors, and urban decay Naked has way too much glitter/shimmer for me. So I picked this up and I'm glad I did. Lap dance, like a virgin, and unmentionables are perfect gray-brown colors. Stiletto is also a great black, which I don't wear very often but it is great. The other four colors aren't awful but aren't great. I do experience fallout with a few of these colors, but not enough to deter me from using them. Overall, for very light and natural colors, this is the best I have found.